PDA

View Full Version : Anybody use 'TheWritePen' before?

ChrisC
August 22nd, 2013, 12:29 AM
http://www.thewritepen.net/

This repairman lists some pretty competitive prices for repair. He is also responsive to emails and very polite. Just wondering if anybody has used this gentleman's repair services before, because I can see myself sending pens to him.

I'm wondering because with a name like that, it's pretty hard to google or search on fpgeeks.

Jon Szanto
August 22nd, 2013, 12:42 AM
Danny does splendid work. I had heard of him by reputation, and he did a very nice restoration on a 1st gen Vac for me, working with a problematic filler until it was right. Very reasonable prices and quick turn-around. Naturally, everyone can have a slightly differing experience, but I wouldn't hesitate to send more pens to Danny.

Carole
August 22nd, 2013, 03:22 AM
Danny is a wonderful person and he's worked on many of my pens, giving close attention to even the most humble ones. I believe he started the Arkansas Pen Club and Pen Show, and has served on the Board of the PCA. That said, he's very welcoming to everybody, and I second Jon's statement above: I wouldn't hesitate to send Danny more pens.

jar
August 22nd, 2013, 06:52 AM
Danny has worked on quite a few of my pens and always been quick and the work done well.

tiffanyhenschel
August 22nd, 2013, 07:50 AM
He worked on one of my pens at the Dallas show and did a great job.

Laura N
August 22nd, 2013, 08:04 AM
I'm also happy to recommend him. He does very good work, and quickly, and he stands behind his work.

MKeith
October 3rd, 2013, 08:36 PM
Danny is both an excellent restorer AND person. I recommend him without reservation!.

fountainpenkid
October 5th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Absolutely the best! Half the price, 1/100th (exagertaion) of the waiting time. I only will send my pens to him for now on (unless for a retipping or piston filler repair.)

mommalisa
October 14th, 2013, 04:24 PM
He does great work! He attends a few shows each year- AND he was taught his skills by the Vanness family. The Arkansas Pen Show had disbanded- and he started it back up -

earthdawn
October 15th, 2013, 01:03 AM
I have sent him 3 pens to work on and his prices were great, his work outstanding and as a person he is as genuine as they get.

Koyote
December 26th, 2013, 10:43 PM
Danny is quick, polite, responsive, his prices are reasonable, and his work is good. What more could you want?

Tony Rex
January 15th, 2014, 05:22 AM
Absolutely the best! Half the price, 1/100th (exagertaion) of the waiting time. I only will send my pens to him for now on (unless for a retipping or piston filler repair.)

Danny has worked on quite a few of my pens and always been quick and the work done well.

I was curious on these two fellas' glowing recommendations. So I bought a beat up Vacumatic (http://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/5522-My-first-ever-Vac-Golden-Web) and now can reconfirm Danny's professionalism and workmanship. Cheers.

Tony Rex

vikramguliya
May 29th, 2014, 12:05 AM
Does he taken all kind of pens?or only specific?

gregamckinney
May 29th, 2014, 01:47 AM
Danny Fudge does an excellent job, quickly and for a great price.
I send him quite a few pens, and will not hesitate to so more in the future.

greg

gregamckinney
May 29th, 2014, 01:48 AM
Does he taken all kind of pens?or only specific?

His Sales/ Service page lists the kind of work he does, on which pens.
http://thewritepen.net/services.html
greg

Jeph
May 29th, 2014, 02:52 AM
Danny is quick, polite, responsive, his prices are reasonable, and his work is good. What more could you want?

Very much this, plus usually a very fast turnaround time.

I have used him on a pen I was uncomfortable trying to do myself (PFM with a bent nib, melt on the cap and non-functioning snorkel) and was very pleased with all aspects of the results.