PDA

View Full Version : FPR Dilli Shipping time to the US?

yipe
August 23rd, 2013, 03:42 PM
How long did you have to wait to get your Dilli after it was shipped? I didn't get any tracking information for the pen, so I'm just wondering about when I should start expecting it in the mail.

Yes I'm being very impatient, I'm trying to resist that, but this is kind of my first "real" pen.

pencils+pens
August 23rd, 2013, 03:48 PM
Mine took under two weeks, which I found surprising.

yipe
August 23rd, 2013, 03:50 PM
Well that is certainly good news, maybe it won't be much longer then. Sometime in the upcoming week hopefully.

cwent2
August 23rd, 2013, 04:11 PM
Me too about two weeks, no tracking.

earthdawn
August 23rd, 2013, 04:15 PM
10 - 11 days out of the 4 times I have ordered.

AtomicLeo
August 23rd, 2013, 05:16 PM
I guess I was luckier. It was about a week. BTW, the Dili is sold on Amazon Prime with free 2-day shipping.

yipe
August 23rd, 2013, 07:42 PM
I guess I was luckier. It was about a week. BTW, the Dili is sold on Amazon Prime with free 2-day shipping.

Yes but I couldn't find the stub nib option, which is what I really wanted. I don't mind the waiting so much really, it's the not knowing if it'll be a week or two months that bothers me.

BUT I got tracking info from Kevin! It has reached the shores of the US and is in New York City! It only has half a continent left to travel and it's mine!

mhguda
August 26th, 2013, 06:37 PM
You are all lucky. I order from FPR regularly and it never takes under three weeks to reach me. But, most stuff takes about that long. The one exception is for stuff shipped from the Netherlands... that can be here in about ten days.

yipe
August 26th, 2013, 10:53 PM
Nothing has updated on the tracking since it arrived in the US on thursday. Am I to assume this was indian tracking that stopped when it left indian hands in the US? I know it's a cheap pen to most of you guys, with your fancy montblancs and vintage pens, but this is my first real pen, all I have is a couple of Varities and a calligraphy pen with interchangeable section/nib assemblies. And the varsities are ancient and no longer write very well.

MisterBoll
August 26th, 2013, 11:05 PM
Nothing has updated on the tracking since it arrived in the US on thursday. Am I to assume this was indian tracking that stopped when it left indian hands in the US? I know it's a cheap pen to most of you guys, with your fancy montblancs and vintage pens, but this is my first real pen, all I have is a couple of Varities and a calligraphy pen with interchangeable section/nib assemblies. And the varsities are ancient and no longer write very well.

Tracking can go into the void for a few days after it hits the U.S. then all of the sudden it shows up at your door.

fncll
August 26th, 2013, 11:28 PM
It typically takes 2-3 weeks to get to me, but I've never had a problem yet. Patience is hard... And tracking info is so often unreliable.

yipe
August 27th, 2013, 01:52 AM
It typically takes 2-3 weeks to get to me, but I've never had a problem yet. Patience is hard... And tracking info is so often unreliable.

Patience is really really hard. I hate it quite honestly. I must have watched Stephen Brown's review of the Dilli 5 or 6 times, and his two videos about it's disassembly and lubrication a couple times each.

Tracking can go into the void for a few days after it hits the U.S. then all of the sudden it shows up at your door.

Hopefully today is that day. That would be nice.

EDIT: Today was not the day.

KrazyIvan
August 27th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Once it hits customs, it is a bit of hit and miss with tracking. I have had packages track as still being in customs and I have the package in hand.

yipe
August 29th, 2013, 12:56 PM
Today was an amazing day. Not only did my Dilli arrive, and come with a free eyedropper-filling pen, I also got my first piece of mail from a fountain pen penpal! Weeeee!

Jeph
August 29th, 2013, 01:00 PM
:clap2:

cwent2
August 29th, 2013, 01:15 PM
Today was an amazing day. Not only did my Dilli arrive, and come with a free eyedropper-filling pen, I also got my first piece of mail from a fountain pen penpal! Weeeee!

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

Feardorcha
August 29th, 2013, 02:28 PM

Congratulations!

A letter from me should be whining it's way towards you as we speak.