PDA

View Full Version : Cannot access pictures

Kgbenson
September 15th, 2022, 08:42 AM
Hello,

Whenever I click on links of thumbnails of pictures it tells me I do not have the privilege's to access them. How does one get such privilege's?

thanks for any help,

Keith

Yazeh
September 15th, 2022, 12:25 PM
Hi Keith :welcome: on Fpgeeks.
If you have an account and are signed in, you should be able to click on thumbnails.
Check if you're signed in...

Ron Z
September 15th, 2022, 01:40 PM
He couldn't post if he wasn't.

Yazeh
September 15th, 2022, 02:17 PM
In my experience if you're not logged in you cannot see the images :)

Chrissy
September 15th, 2022, 02:48 PM
This is true but he has to be completely registered and logged in to actually post so that comes first.
@Kgbenson if you are logged in and you scroll down to the bottom of this page, what does it say in the Posting Permissions box on the right?
Also, if you are registered and logged on I suggest you read through all of the FAQ's for General Forum Usage under the FAQ tab above your post.

Kgbenson
September 15th, 2022, 03:53 PM
This is true but he has to be completely registered and logged in to actually post so that comes first.
@Kgbenson if you are logged in and you scroll down to the bottom of this page, what does it say in the Posting Permissions box on the right?
Also, if you are registered and logged on I suggest you read through all of the FAQ's for General Forum Usage under the FAQ tab above your post.

I am allowed to post new threads, and replies, but no attachments and no editing.

Keith

Kgbenson
September 15th, 2022, 03:59 PM
I am logged in and when I click on a thumbnail this is the message I receive.

Kgbenson, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Jon Szanto
September 15th, 2022, 08:44 PM
I don’t know this for a fact, but I’m wondering if there might be some minimum number of posts you have to have made to get full access. Our owner/mod has been on hiatus for years, we’re pretty much on our own.

Robalone
September 15th, 2022, 10:23 PM
….might be too obvious, but I had similar problems for a while …..till I turned 'block cookies' OFF.
Then everything worked fine 🤷*♂️😎 ??

Chrissy
September 16th, 2022, 12:52 AM
This is all I found in the FAQ's:

How do I register?

You register by clicking on the 'Register' link near the top of the page. You will be asked to choose a user name, password and enter a valid email address. In addition there will be some other fields to which you will be invited to respond. Some will be mandatory while others are optional. Once this is complete you will either be fully registered, or in some cases you may have to click on a link in an 'activation email' sent to your email address. Once you have done this you will be registered.

Note that entering your email address will not leave you open to 'spam', as you can choose to hide it from other board users. You'll probably be able to allow other registered users to contact you via email, but the system won't display your email address to them unless you give permission.

If you are under the age of 13, the administrator may require that a parent or guardian provide consent before allowing you to complete the registration process. More information about this is available during the registration process.