PDA

View Full Version : Pelikan m400 re-assembly help...

fountainpenkid
February 1st, 2012, 03:05 PM
Hi all,

I need some repair advice here. I stupidly disassembled my m400 and don't know how to get it back together:eek:......

The blinde cap has unscrewed...this happened from me turning the knob on the downstroke too far--until the blinde cap (after a couple of clicks) unscrewed. I now have no idea how to get it back together.
there is a plastic screw and then a female part that goes around that screw--if i press the male part down into the pen, the female part rotates. So, logically, to try to get it to fit, I pressed the male part in and tried to screw the blinde cap back on its threads--no success. So I tried with a bit more pressure, and the back end of the blinde cap GAVE WAY!:( Darn--before, nothing was actually broken, but now, I have a broken (though repairable with super glue or a plastic glue) blinde cap. If anyone would offer to repair my pen, I am willing to pay up to $18 for the blinde cap to be put back on, and a bit of silicone grease applied....... It probably does not take and pro like binder or dahl, but just needs a capable repairer who has had alot of experience. If anyone could explain to me how to re-assemble the pen, I would be very happy!

Thanks so much,

Will

fountainpenkid
February 7th, 2012, 05:28 PM
Anyone?

Woody
February 10th, 2012, 04:27 AM
You'll find assembly and cleaning of your Pelikan on You Tube .. here's a link http://tiny.cc/fn5lg That will send you on your way !

fountainpenkid
February 11th, 2012, 06:59 AM
Thanks, but it only shows how to take apart the nib and cap, both of which I already know how to do. I have decided to send it off to Tyler Dahl for repair after all :( or :)