PDA

View Full Version : Diamine Inkvent Calendar 2022 Green Edition

Chrissy
October 31st, 2022, 11:22 AM
Diamine has produced another limited edition Inkvent Calendar for 2022. This one is called the Green Edition. It’s in the form of an advent calendar for the Christmas period from 1st December up to Christmas Day. All of the colours are brand new colours for this Inkvent calendar and they have festive names.

Each day you open the door to reveal a 12ml square plastic bottle of a new Diamine ink. This year there are 10 Standard inks, 6 Shimmer inks - one of which also has sheen, 2 Scented inks - one of which also has sheen, and 6 Chameleon inks - these are sheen inks that also have a shimmer mix that can appear to look two different colours depending on how much ink you lay down on the paper and the direction in which you view it.

Then for Christmas Day there is a 30ml plastic bottle of a 7th Chameleon ink.

I’ve done small reviews for each ink, in no particular order, in my Seven Seas Writer Journal with original Tomoe River 52gsm smooth, cream paper and in my Rhodia Dot Pad 80gsm white paper.

I didn’t find any of the inks particularly dry to write with. They varied between slightly drier feeling to very wet feeling. I prefer to use a M nib in a decent flowing pen in order to show the colours, shimmers and sheens. My Jinhao pen is quite a wet writer so I usually use that for shimmer and sheen inks.

They all started up straight away and flowed well with lubrication that varied between a little feedback to very smooth with no feedback. They all felt smooth on the TR paper.

There was no significant difference in show through or bleed through with any of the more saturated inks on my papers. Although I could have written on the reverse of the pages I wrote only on the right hand pages. I saw more show through and bleed through on the Rhodia paper.

Standout inks for me personally were Deck the Halls, Pick me Up, Upon a Star, Spruce, Solar Storm and Serendipity. There is also a really nice, unsaturated, pale blue, One More Sleep.

In order to be accurate I requested details of the shimmer and sheen colours from Diamine.

Diamine Inkvent Calendar 2022 Shimmer & Chameleon Colours

Deck the Halls - Chameleon Gold/Red
Upon a Star - Chameleon Green/Pink
Memory Lane - Silver Shimmer
Arctic Blast - Chameleon Turquoise/Purple & Red Sheen
Solar Storm- Chameleon Green/Gold
Dusted Truffle - Silver Shimmer
Spiced Apple - Chameleon Green/Gold
Yule Log - Rose Gold Shimmer
Best Wishes - Chameleon Green/Pink and Red Sheen
Alpine - Silver Shimmer
Serendipity - Rose Gold Shimmer & Red Sheen
Olive Swirl - Chameleon Green/Pink
Celebration - Rose Gold Shimmer

manolo
November 1st, 2022, 12:48 PM
Thanks for the samples. I see several really nice inks there.
Would these ink be available independently?

Jon Szanto
November 1st, 2022, 01:28 PM
Rats! I thought it would be an entire line-up of green inks!!

Chrissy
November 1st, 2022, 01:49 PM
Thanks for the samples. I see several really nice inks there.
Would these ink be available independently?
It's very likely they will be made available next year in the 50ml glass bottles that have four little feet at the base like the blue and red editions were. :)

Chrissy
November 1st, 2022, 01:50 PM
Rats! I thought it would be an entire line-up of green inks!!
LOL wouldn't that be just a tad boring? 25 green inks?

Chrissy
December 1st, 2022, 01:10 PM
Although the original thread spoiler will still hide all of the inks together I can now reveal the inks in opening order from December 1st to December 12th.

Chrissy
December 22nd, 2022, 12:35 PM
Here are the inks in order of opening from December 13th to Christmas Day :)

dneal
December 22nd, 2022, 03:10 PM
I like 20 Dec Arctic Blast

Chrissy
January 7th, 2023, 02:32 PM
I know you like blue inks so that's no surprise. :) How about Upon a Star?

dneal
January 8th, 2023, 07:31 AM
I know you like blue inks so that's no surprise. :) How about Upon a Star?

I like it too. 2nd place next to Arctic Blast.

lilycollins
July 13th, 2023, 03:01 AM

I like the blue, they look great!

shell shockers (https://shellshockersio.io/)

helendam
November 28th, 2023, 08:10 PM

I like the blue, they look great!

I prefer pink.
Pokemon Infinite Fusion (https://pokemoninfinitefusion.io)