724Seney
November 7th, 2022, 10:13 AM
CAVEAT EMPTOR!!!!!!!!

724Seney
November 7th, 2022, 10:36 AM
Seney, https://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/18381-Classified-etiquette

Duly noted.

Let me rephrase......
As with all things in life, and especially with entering into a financial transaction, one is always best advised to do their due diligence.

Just saying...........

alperozt
November 10th, 2022, 06:41 AM
This is a genuine question: Am I missing something here? No description, no pictures just a "Pen Lot" for $1,250 + fees and shipping?

Stands on Feet
November 10th, 2022, 07:42 AM
There is a picture in the first post. 17 pens and two pencils, most appear to be vintage. If I didn't already have more pens than I know what to do with, I'd snap the lot up.

Bzzer
November 10th, 2022, 08:15 AM
Is this the same lot that was shown in a For Sale lot on September 21?

Sale price was $1500 from memory and then dropped to a PIF plus shipping, one person said that he would go for it, yes please. The vendor posted that no serious offer had been made and he was going to put the pens in for recycling (by which I assumed he meant the trash) that post was then deleted. The original post was then altered and then replaced by the word Done (no idea what that means). The entire thread was heavily chopped around and edited.

I expect that this is the same lot but cannot see any description in terms of condition, nib sizes or anything else.

I am sure that the vendor will be able to expand on this sale.

gloucesterman-18
November 10th, 2022, 09:03 AM
sent several messages re: more pictures and, at least, a listing of specifically what pens were listed, nibs (size and material) and another question or two.
NEVER received a response!
Based on that lack of response and the continuation of the ad, I would think the poster is:
a) not responsive
b) not serious
c) wasting someone/everyone's time
d) All of the above

Chrissy
November 10th, 2022, 10:00 AM
Is this the same lot that was shown in a For Sale lot on September 21?

Sale price was $1500 from memory and then dropped to a PIF plus shipping, one person said that he would go for it, yes please. The vendor posted that no serious offer had been made and he was going to put the pens in for recycling (by which I assumed he meant the trash) that post was then deleted. The original post was then altered and then replaced by the word Done (no idea what that means). The entire thread was heavily chopped around and edited.

I expect that this is the same lot but cannot see any description in terms of condition, nib sizes or anything else.

I am sure that the vendor will be able to expand on this sale.
Yes it is. Your history is here (http://fpgeeks.com/forum/search.php?searchid=3565011)

RobJohnson
November 10th, 2022, 10:20 AM
Truth and honesty trumps etiquette.