PDA

View Full Version : Hello from West Texas!

KrazyIvan
February 4th, 2012, 09:40 PM
Just sending out greetings to everyone. I obviously love fountain pens. :P I purchased my first fountain pen when I was a kid. It was a Sheaffer school pen of some sort and ended up losing it.

Fast forward to a few years ago when I bought a Sensa Meridian in carbon (black) with an F nib (Schmidt). It was a logical choice for me because I had the Darth Vader Force Death Grip (DVFDG). I foolishly thought a gel grip was the answer to my pen holding aberration tendencies. I loaded it with the included Sensa cartridge and was horrified at the super wide line width. :o Please understand that I was into Japanese micro tip gel pens at the time. Some people complain about nibs writing like nails, well, I wrote with a needle. A .18 mm needle to be exact. That was the smallest I had and my favorite was a .3 mm Pilot Hi-Tec-C. I ended up storing the Sensa with the cartridge installed and after 6 months it was dried up. I let it sit like that for a few years until December of 2010.

I eventually was rehabilitated (as was the Sensa) and am enjoying writing with stubs and italics now. I learned to rid myself of the infamous death grip and hold a pen properly with a Lamy Safari. Now I practice nib grinding and flow adjustments on my own pens after "reverse engineering" a grind on one of my pens by Tyler Dahl and reading everything I could on FPN. I am still perfecting my skills but it has been a very fast moving 13 months now. :D

Tracy Lee
February 5th, 2012, 05:02 AM
All I have to say KrazyIvan, aside from welcome, is WOW!!! Liking the micro instruments, are you an artist? We love to see artwork! :)

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

eriquito
February 5th, 2012, 09:53 AM
Hi KrazyIvan!

Nice to see you here! Thanks for the background info - very enjoyable read =)

- Eric

KrazyIvan
February 6th, 2012, 08:25 AM
All I have to say KrazyIvan, aside from welcome, is WOW!!! Liking the micro instruments, are you an artist? We love to see artwork! :)

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

I wish. I have not drawn anything serious for years. I mostly doodle with my daughters. :)

Hi KrazyIvan!

Nice to see you here! Thanks for the background info - very enjoyable read =)

- Eric

Thank you. I hope to be a regular contributer to this forum. :)

Maja
February 8th, 2012, 12:24 AM
Howdy and welcome to FPGeeks! :D

I'm pretty sure we've seen you on FPN under the same username, no? My husband saw me reading your intro and wanted
to know if you got the username from the submarine manoeuvre in The Hunt for Red October:rolleyes: ....

In any case, good to hear that you managed to find a way to love using fountain pens, and congrats on the home nib grinding---bravo!

KrazyIvan
February 8th, 2012, 08:36 AM
Howdy and welcome to FPGeeks! :D

I'm pretty sure we've seen you on FPN under the same username, no? My husband saw me reading your intro and wanted
to know if you got the username from the submarine manoeuvre in The Hunt for Red October:rolleyes: ....

In any case, good to hear that you managed to find a way to love using fountain pens, and congrats on the home nib grinding---bravo!

Thank you for the warm welcome.

Yes, same person as on FPN. :) I actually have had the nickname before the username existed because my real name is Ivan. It was a combo of the Tom Clancy reference and an old Playstation game of the same name.

http://content.answcdn.com/main/content/img/amg/games/drg000/g072/g07255d1xet.jpg

Maja
February 10th, 2012, 02:45 AM
Thank you for the warm welcome.

Yes, same person as on FPN. :) I actually have had the nickname before the username existed because my real name is Ivan. It was a combo of the Tom Clancy reference and an old Playstation game of the same name.

http://content.answcdn.com/main/content/img/amg/games/drg000/g072/g07255d1xet.jpg

Ah, Ok.....Thanks for solving the mystery of your username :)

Bogon07
February 19th, 2012, 05:21 PM
Hi KrazyIvan

KrazyIvan
February 20th, 2012, 08:33 AM
Bogon! [Darth Vader]So, we meet again.[/Darth Vader] :P

Bogon07
February 21st, 2012, 03:58 PM
So it would seem ! Mr Krazy Darth Ivander, Fountain Pen Sith Lord ;)

KrazyIvan
February 26th, 2012, 03:53 PM
So it would seem ! Mr Krazy Darth Ivander, Fountain Pen Sith Lord ;)

Just so it's clear, bogon and I know each other from another unrelated forum. :D

Maja
May 26th, 2012, 04:41 PM
Just a quick post to wish KrazyIvan a happy birthday!

:clap2:

FPN has a thing on their homepage where they list whose birthday it is each day and I saw his name :D

writingrav
May 26th, 2012, 05:03 PM
Happy birthday KI

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

KrazyIvan
May 26th, 2012, 10:10 PM
Thank you Maja and writinggrav!:crazy_pilot:

Bogon07
May 26th, 2012, 11:54 PM
Many happy returns KrazyIvan and I hope the Stationery fairy has been extra kind to you on your special day.

KrazyIvan
May 27th, 2012, 08:57 AM
Thank you Bogon. :)

Maja
May 27th, 2012, 05:45 PM
Thank you Maja and writinggrav!:crazy_pilot:

You're welcome! Oh, and that "crazy pilot" smiley is pretty wild!