PDA

View Full Version : Why did Pelikan take away the White tortoise in the U.S?

fountainpenkid
February 5th, 2012, 04:56 PM
The title explains it.....

Why would Pelikan deprive us of such beautiful pen here in the U.S? Does anyone have any idea as to their motives?

Will

dannzeman
February 8th, 2012, 08:48 PM
Where'd you see this at?
I think they're still available from John at Nibs.com

fountainpenkid
February 9th, 2012, 01:23 PM
yes, but he charges a lot for them, and most dealers have stopped dealing them.

dannzeman
February 11th, 2012, 11:25 AM
I think it was actually a limited production pen. There's a new M600 coming out in a couple of weeks in the white tortoise color and it will be a limited production as well. You can read everything we know about it in this post (http://fpgeeks.com/2012/02/i-sincerely-hope-this-pelikan-souveran-m600-in-white-tortoise-is-real/).

klpeabody
February 20th, 2012, 07:55 PM
I have to say, that it's a gorgeous pen. Hands down. Gorgeous. But hefty pricetag. Don't know if i can stomach it.

I'm still relatively new, but this is the pen people refer to as "white honey", right? Or, is that a different one? I get confused.

dannzeman
February 21st, 2012, 11:13 AM
I have to say, that it's a gorgeous pen. Hands down. Gorgeous. But hefty pricetag. Don't know if i can stomach it.

I'm still relatively new, but this is the pen people refer to as "white honey", right? Or, is that a different one? I get confused.

I'm pretty sure the white tortoise M600 is the same price as the standard M600. It's a bit spendy, but a heck of a pen! I think I have seen some people call it the white honey, but the white tortoise is more accurate.

klpeabody
February 21st, 2012, 05:56 PM
I think I have seen some people call it the white honey, but the white tortoise is more accurate.

Thanks Dan! =)

fountainpenkid
February 28th, 2012, 02:09 PM
some diehard lovers of this pen call it their White Torty!