PDA

View Full Version : TWSBI vac700r iris nib?

mreeveshp
December 27th, 2022, 05:52 PM
For Christmas my brother got me the vac700r iris pen that I asked for has been on my wish list for quite a while, the only problem is he accidentally order it with a extra fine nib instead of the medium that I asked for. I have been looking and can only find replacement nibs that don't have the iris coloring on the nib or ring right before the nib.

Does anyone know if there is any way to get replacement nibs with the iris coloring just so I can have it all matching

Thanks in advance for any help

Thanks
mreeveshp

Chrissy
December 28th, 2022, 01:35 AM
Assuming the pen has not been used have you tried asking the retailer that it was purchased from if they will exchange the pen for you as the purchaser bought the wrong one by mistake?
As far as I know there is no availability of replacement nibs with iris colouring from TWSBI. Only those purchased with the pen will have that colouring

mreeveshp
December 28th, 2022, 02:49 PM
Assuming the pen has not been used have you tried asking the retailer that it was purchased from if they will exchange the pen for you as the purchaser bought the wrong one by mistake?
As far as I know there is no availability of replacement nibs with iris colouring from TWSBI. Only those purchased with the pen will have that colouringI wanted to do that, it was ordered from goulet pens, my family has always been if you get anything, you get what you get you do not complain that's it, when he gave it to me he said I know you said medium I accidentally ordered extra fine hope it works but they do have replacement nibs if you want to get one later.

Surprisingly the EF isn't nearly as bad as I expected I would just rather have fine or medium and now I'm starting to like medium more since you can see more sheen or shading when doing the MIs and most of the inks I have on my wishlist are sheening, shading, or shimmer when I finally have the money.

I figure if I can't buy the iris nib I will just have to get the regular steel nib once I can spare the money.

Thanks
mreeveshp

Chrissy
December 28th, 2022, 02:56 PM
I bet Goulet Pens would have swapped it for you if you had asked them straight away before using it. For me the Iris pen without it's own Iris nib wouldn't have been an option but each to their own. :)

mreeveshp
December 28th, 2022, 05:10 PM
I bet Goulet Pens would have swapped it for you if you had asked them straight away before using it. For me the Iris pen without it's own Iris nib wouldn't have been an option but each to their own. :)I only got the pen and case so didn't have the shipping box or info, when I said I might try trading it for the M I was met with a lot of anger from him my brother and father that I was being too picky etc.

A couple years ago my father bought a very nice home theater that had a sound bar, 2 satellite speakers, and subwoofer. When he set it up the wireless satellite speakers didn't work and to this day they have just sat there doing nothing.

Normally we just give cash or gift cards but this one time he actually wanted to buy it for me which I greatly appreciate and still love the pen. The one thing I do like about the EF is I usually write kind of on the small side and out of my 6 pens it's the only EF

Thanks
mreeveshp

Yazeh
December 29th, 2022, 12:21 PM
Why don't you write directly to twsbi and ask? I had several problems with my TWSBI and he was more than helpful :)
Here is the email: twsbiinc@gmail.com

mreeveshp
December 30th, 2022, 12:36 PM
Why don't you write directly to twsbi and ask? I had several problems with my TWSBI and he was more than helpful :)
Here is the email: twsbiinc@gmail.comThank you, I will give that a shot.

Thanks
mreeveshp