PDA

View Full Version : Exacompta BLOC FAF Notepad

dneal
January 1st, 2023, 08:06 PM
I got introduced to Exacompta while stationed in Germany. They make great white note cards, and are available in the stationary / school supply section of the department stores (Galleria Kaufhof, Karstadt, etc...).

I'd seen this notepad before, and got two (one for the kitchen and one for the office). They're really nice.

It's dead simple. A metal board with two nice brass threaded pegs and heavy binding nuts clamping lightly on perforated loose sheets, creating a nice note pad.

This one's about 4"x6" (100x160mm)

The paper's really nice too. The perforations tear easily and precisely, the paper is nice and white, and it's just the really nice quality everyday paper that Exacompta cranks out.

Misfit
January 1st, 2023, 09:27 PM
I’ve had the middle size of the FAF pad for a few years, and really like it and the paper.

Prettypenguin
January 1st, 2023, 10:20 PM
Oh neat! I remember my grandmother having a desk calendar like that.

Chrissy
January 2nd, 2023, 01:24 AM
It looks like a well made paper pad. Do you have a regular US source available?

Edited to add I have now found this on Amazon.co.uk and the description says it contains FSC certified Clairefontaine 70gsm paper. Made in France.

OCArt
January 2nd, 2023, 01:51 AM
I found them on Amazon. (https://smile.amazon.com/s?k=Exacompta+BLOC+FAF+Notepad&crid=1SDRWEFPOEUP6&sprefix=exacompta+bloc+faf+notepad%2Caps%2C345&ref=nb_sb_noss)

dneal
January 2nd, 2023, 06:34 AM
It looks like a well made paper pad. Do you have a regular US source available?

Edited to add I have now found this on Amazon.co.uk and the description says it contains FSC certified Clairefontaine 70gsm paper. Made in France.

Fahrney’s has them. Exacompta and Clairefontaine are brands from the same parent company.

Misfit
January 2nd, 2023, 07:22 AM
I found good deals, especially at Christmas, from classicofficeproducts.com which is a US source.

Misfit
January 3rd, 2023, 09:27 PM
The good thing about all the paper styles, blank, grid and dotted, is you can write on both sides. I really love and use a lot of italic and stub nibs, and they work well with the paper, no bleed through. I used to alternate blank and grid to fill mine. Right now it has the dotted which I ended up getting at Cult Pens.

Chrissy
January 4th, 2023, 12:36 AM
It's often quite surprising how prices can differ between companies. The Exacompta Bloc FAF notepad is currently cheaper on Amazon.co.uk than on Cult Pens but it's refill is cheaper on Cult Pens. It pays to be really careful where you place your order and to always remember whether the addition of P&P changes anything.

I found a really crazy example of something that I've tried very hard to get in the UK for a while: - Coach womens leather care set as 2 bottles in a protection pack. When it was available in the UK it cost GB£20. Currently unavailable everywhere in the UK except on Amazon UK but they can offer it to me at GB£80 from Amazon US :shocked: I didn't buy it. LOL

karmachanic
January 4th, 2023, 08:39 AM
It's often quite surprising how prices can differ between companies. The Exacompta Bloc FAF notepad is currently cheaper on Amazon.co.uk than on Cult Pens but it's refill is cheaper on Cult Pens. It pays to be really careful where you place your order and to always remember whether the addition of P&P changes anything.

I found a really crazy example of something that I've tried very hard to get in the UK for a while: - Coach womens leather care set as 2 bottles in a protection pack. When it was available in the UK it cost GB£20. Currently unavailable everywhere in the UK except on Amazon UK but they can offer it to me at GB£80 from Amazon US :shocked: I didn't buy it. LOL

Still available in the UK @£20
https://www.johnlewis.com/coach-product-care-set/p5897868

Yazeh
January 4th, 2023, 08:47 AM

Still available in the UK @£20

Out of stock!

Chrissy
January 4th, 2023, 10:50 AM
Still available in the UK @£20[/SIZE]
I wish. But that's where I found the original price. Has been out of stock everywhere here (even Coach) for ages.

DrPenfection
January 4th, 2023, 03:24 PM
Great, everyday deskpad. Thanks for the review!