PDA

View Full Version : Ink-Fession Time

Sailor Kenshin
January 7th, 2023, 12:55 PM
Why do I have soooo many ink bottles? Please, someone psychoalanyze me!

And yet, with soooo many ink bottles (Sailor, Stipula, Montblanc, Monteverde, Lamy, Levenger, Diamine, Chesterfield, Iroshizuku, and on and on and on), I mix my own inks.

Again, whyyy? I possibly get a little jumpy when confronted with sample vials, half-bottles, and I-wonder-what-these-two-inks-would-look-like-itis. I thought I had only a few, but there's ten. Right? I missed school the day they taught addition.

No, there's no formula; the colors just came out that way.

https://pics.ourpatioparty.com/images/2023/01/07/a911f4331edfab3b731beb67796106e5.jpg

You can see where my color preferences lie! The signature is in a Jinhao 51A, a Sailor Kobe ink that's supposed to be a dupe for Iroshizuku Ina Ho.

dneal
January 7th, 2023, 01:10 PM
I've been trying to simplify this problem.

PithyProlix
January 7th, 2023, 11:16 PM
Wait - is there a problem?

dneal
January 8th, 2023, 07:34 AM
Wait - is there a problem?

"Problem" in the context of "math problem".

Cubic feet of storage for n bottles of ink = x

TSherbs
January 8th, 2023, 07:46 AM
... The signature is in a Jinhao 51A, a Sailor Kobe ink that's supposed to be a dupe for Iroshizuku Ina Ho.

Did you stub that nib? Looks great!

Sailor Kenshin
January 8th, 2023, 08:13 AM
... The signature is in a Jinhao 51A, a Sailor Kobe ink that's supposed to be a dupe for Iroshizuku Ina Ho.

Did you stub that nib? Looks great!

No, this is a fude. Though I have stubbed nibs before. My first was a one-dollar chewed-up yard sale special, accomplished with nail clippers. 😜

Thanks!

PS: FINALLY looked up the color and wrote it on the bottle. Sailor Kobe Shinkaichi Kin (gold).