PDA

View Full Version : What Makes a Special Edition Safari / Al-Star Fail?

top pen
January 14th, 2023, 01:29 AM
I was looking around and saw there was plenty of stock of the Bronze 2019 Alstar available? Cultpens has it at only £13.50. Around half price I was wondering what made this finish fail. The fact that 4 yrs on it's still available and at such a heavy discount? I recall the similar copper orange version being very popular.

Chrissy
January 14th, 2023, 02:10 AM
Maybe buyers didn't think the slight difference in colour between the bronze and copper orange versions significant enough to buy both? Or maybe fewer buyers are collecting them now? It's also possible that Cult Pens bought much more stock than they thought they might sell and are now clearing it out for a lower price?

Motomachi10
January 22nd, 2023, 04:03 AM
The sale prices are a opportunity to buy a new Lamy Alstar.

Runnin_Ute
February 9th, 2023, 10:33 PM
As I recall, the Copper Orange and Bronze were fairly close together time wise. And maybe just a bit too close color wise to.

I have an Al Star Pacific, and the Tourmalene didn't appeal when it came out later.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

manoeuver
February 10th, 2023, 05:10 AM
buy and hold.

sirgilbert357
February 15th, 2023, 09:25 AM
I think the Copper Orange is incredible, while the Bronze just looks washed out. I much prefer the Copper Orange, but I didn't get one when they first came out and I can't bring myself to pay the inflated secondary prices for one now (often 115.00 to 130.00 USD!).