PDA

View Full Version : Akkerman Simplisties Violet first impression

carlos.q
September 3rd, 2013, 03:05 PM
Today I received my bottle of Akkerman Simplisties Violet from the friendly people over at Vanness!!! BTW the packing was great, the shipping was fast and the little Rhodia notebook was a nice surprise. :clap2:

Although this is not a review (I'll try that later) I was eager to compare this color with my other purple inks. So here it is... Apologies for the crappy iPhone pic, but I couldn't find my camera. Paper is Black n' Red and lettering is Diamine Sapphire.

As you can see, this color is bluer than Monblanc Lavender but redder than Waterman Purple. There is no mistaking this ink... it is not blue nor is it burgundy: it is a true purple ink. I love it!!! :fans:

PS: The bottle is simply awesome.

earthdawn
September 3rd, 2013, 04:09 PM
Good conparison inks you used. It really shows just how true a purple the Akkerman is.

It is one of my favorite inks... And fit flows so nice and smooth.

Enjoy the ink and of course the bottle.

ThriveToScribe
September 10th, 2013, 11:31 PM
Good conparison inks you used. It really shows just how true a purple the Akkerman is.

It is one of my favorite inks... And fit flows so nice and smooth.

Enjoy the ink and of course the bottle.

After reading about these inks and the Vanness people, I contacted them. I ordered the Passage Blue (#1) and Zuiderpark Blue-Green (#24). I decided to spring for them with some birthday money (and early Christmas money in case they're sold out by then.)

carlos.q
September 16th, 2013, 01:32 PM
Just an update. This time it's water resistance after one minute under the faucet. :bathbaby:
As you can see, Simplisties Violet is not waterproof but it has a degree of water resistance.
PS. I still can't get over the cool bottle! :hippie:

AndyT
September 16th, 2013, 02:27 PM

:) It's a shame to hide it away in the dark really, isn't it?

carlos.q
September 16th, 2013, 02:43 PM

:) It's a shame to hide it away in the dark really, isn't it?

That is absolutely correct... :dance3:

inlovewithjournals
January 20th, 2014, 12:52 PM
So in love with this ink! Thanks for the review.