PDA

View Full Version : Diamine Imperial Purple Staining Issues

Feardorcha
September 3rd, 2013, 03:19 PM
I've just finished the weekly clean and maintenance of my inked pens and have found a significant amount of staining and residue left on the feeds and converters of those I'd filled with Imperial Purple.

I've never come across this with any other Diamine inks before (registrar's ink excluded, but I'm chalking that one up to inexperience).

Has anyone else found this to be a problem with Diamine ink or Imperial Purple in particular?

Jeph
September 3rd, 2013, 03:31 PM
I have had a dozen pens inked with Diamine Majestic Purple with no issues whatsoever.
My list is not long, but I have had no staining from Ancient Copper (boogers but no staining), Eclipse, Majestic Purple, Red Dragon or Sapphire Blue.
Not counting initial testing, my pens generally stay inked for at least 2 weeks before cleaning.

Feardorcha
September 3rd, 2013, 03:35 PM
I have had a dozen pens inked with Diamine Majestic Purple with no issues whatsoever.
My list is not long, but I have had no staining from Ancient Copper (boogers but no staining), Eclipse, Majestic Purple, Red Dragon or Sapphire Blue.
Not counting initial testing, my pens generally stay inked for at least 2 weeks before cleaning.

I'm hoping it might just be a bad batch. There's no lasting damage done. Everything came off eventually with a little elbow-grease, diluted bleach and a significant amount of swearing.

jar
September 3rd, 2013, 04:05 PM
Stop worrying about such stuff. Stop over cleaning and just enjoy the experience.

AndyT
September 3rd, 2013, 04:22 PM
Monaco Red stains in my experience (figures - it's a red ink ...) but otherwise no problems at all with Diamine.

Laura N
September 3rd, 2013, 04:44 PM
Never a problem with Imperial Purple. Diamine Grape, however, is very saturated and took me longer than usual to clean out. YMMV.

Jon Szanto
September 3rd, 2013, 05:15 PM
It was saturation, I knoooow,
It was saturation that stained my pens so...

(for those too young, it is sung to the following melody...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGiB1myCCOU

Nonsensical
September 4th, 2013, 06:41 AM
I find that reds and purples tend to stain more easily than other colours, and this seems to occur regardless of what brand of ink I'm using. Diamine Imperial Purple does seem to be a more serious offender, but if you blast the converter with water from a syringe, it will come out. It seems to mainly stick to any silicone grease that I've use to grease the converter up.

The Good Captain
September 4th, 2013, 01:34 PM
I quite agree about reds and purples in general being known for staining, irrespective of make. I haven't tried the purple but the Imperial Blue is a cracking ink and although a little 'persistent' it goes away eventually!

Scrib
November 8th, 2013, 12:48 AM
I've had staining with two Diamine inks so far; Ochre and Grape. I now no longer use them in my demonstrators, if I wanted pink pens I'd buy pink pens.

auto winder
November 8th, 2013, 03:26 AM
Grape stained the sac of my Hero 100 pink, I dismantled the pen to try to clean it but I still couldn't manage to scrub it off. Too bad since I like the colour of Grape quite a lot...

Scrib
November 8th, 2013, 08:12 AM
Both the Ochre and Grape are great colours, but the staining is anything but great.

I've not experienced issues with any other Diamine inks yet, although I've only got a total of five Diamines in my collection so far.

cwent2
November 8th, 2013, 09:35 AM
Grape stained the sac of my Hero 100 pink, I dismantled the pen to try to clean it but I still couldn't manage to scrub it off. Too bad since I like the colour of Grape quite a lot...

Stained the sac only? Is a stained sac going to effect the use of the pen with grape ink inside?

Just saying

auto winder
November 8th, 2013, 02:02 PM

Stained the sac only? Is a stained sac going to effect the use of the pen with grape ink inside?

Just saying

Sure I can live with it. I still tend to prefer unstained sacs.