PDA

View Full Version : Wearingeul - Miguel de Cervantes - Don Quixote

Yazeh
February 20th, 2023, 03:59 PM
I had the chance to do a blind test of this ink thanks to @junglejim and @DrPenfection. Thanks!

On Tomoe River Paper.

This is my first Wearingeul ink.

Ink is extremely dry and flow rate is questionable. This ink is for anyone who loves pale inks, uses wet pens with soft nib (ideally broad), uses thick absorbent paper, or admires Don Quixote, fighting windmills, or enjoys writing letters to people you want to annoy with the finest nib possible ;)

However, check the beautiful chroma

Writing samples Note, as this was a mystery ink #48, the quotes are not necessarily appropriate ;)
Tomoe River 68gr
Midori
Rhodia

Cheap paper back

Comparison

Watertest

To show case the colour, this is how it looks as a colouring ink on the wings of this angel drawing I did...

• Pens used: Pilot Kakuno (Ef [very dry]/M/stub) Lamy Safari (F/ /M /B) / Kanwrite Ultraflex / Jinhao 450 fude
• What I liked: Colouring with a wide fude nib and wiring with a broad nib. Good for thick absorbent paper.
• What I didn’t liked: It needs a wet pen and a smooth nib. Not very legible with most nibs.
• Shading: Yes, depending on your nib.
• Ghosting: Yes, on cheap thin paper. Though with this paper even pencils ghost. ;)
• Bleed through: Yes, with thin absorbent papers.
• Flow Rate: Meh.
• Lubrication: Non unless you write with a wet pen.
• Nib Dry-out: Not noticed.
• Start-up: From time to time. Though I can blame the pen.
• Saturation: Nope
• Shading Potential: With wide nibs.
• Sheen: Nope.
• Spread / Feathering / Woolly Line: Not noticed.
• Nib Creep / “Crud”: No
• Staining (pen): No
• Clogging: No.
• Cleaning: Easy.
• Water resistance: Acceptable.
• Availability: 30ml Bottle.

LizEF
February 20th, 2023, 05:42 PM
... or enjoys writing letters to people you want to annoy with the finest nib possible ;)...

Are you trying to say something here? :D

Great review, @Yazeh (a.k.a. Speedy Gonzales)! Have no fear, I'll catch up with you in a couple months. :P I especially like the little windmill. And your chroma is still the best - that's some seriously good paper towel you've got. :pound:

Yazeh
February 21st, 2023, 08:56 AM
... or enjoys writing letters to people you want to annoy with the finest nib possible ;)...

Are you trying to say something here? :D

When I write notes with faded inks, it strains my eyes. I thought to add a bit of humour, would be fun :D

Great review, @Yazeh (a.k.a. Speedy Gonzales)! Have no fear, I'll catch up with you in a couple months. :P I especially like the little windmill. And your chroma is still the best - that's some seriously good paper towel you've got. :pound:
Thanks, you're too kind. And that's special chroma paper towel ;)