PDA

View Full Version : What Pens(s) Are You Waiting For?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15

VertOlive
October 21st, 2015, 07:45 PM
Thanks, rpsyed! I'm not looking for true flex at this point; I just like having a little bit of spring (more for the feel than for the line variation). With that said... I do like my four Nakayas, even though the nibs (three stubs, one cursive italic) are basically nails. :)
Ahh, I see. I think then the flex mod would probably provide the springy-ness you're looking for.

Wow, four Nakayas! :jaw: I have one - a clipless Piccolo in Kuro-tamenuri, with a broad nib ground to a left-oblique. I would love to get a Naka-ai in Arai-shu (solid orange urushi) or a special order in the Hiwa-moegi, which is a solid green but lighter and more vibrant in color than regular Midori.
http://www.nibs.com/www/WEBSITE%20PICS/Nakaya%20Pens/nakaya-naka-ai-writer-hiwa-moegi-capped.jpg
http://www.nibs.com/www/WEBSITE%20PICS/Nakaya%20Pens/nakaya-naka-ai-writer-hiwa-moegi-uncapped.jpg

The Nanohana-iro was gorgeous too. I wish I had gotten one before that color was discontinued =/

Danitrio does have something similar in their Hanazono collection though.
http://www.nibs.com/www/WEBSITE%20PICS/Nakaya%20Pens/nakaya-dorsal-fin-version-2-nanohana-iro-uncapped.jpg

Rypsed, I'm glad I didn't know about Hiwa Moegi before I ordered my first Nakya this week. It would have been a real struggle to choose between it and the Heki Tamenuri I selected.

rpsyed
October 21st, 2015, 08:07 PM
Rypsed, I'm glad I didn't know about Hiwa Moegi before I ordered my first Nakya this week. It would have been a real struggle to choose between it and the Heki Tamenuri I selected.

Isn't it gorgeous? The long wait for a Hiwa-moegi pen has slightly tempered my desire for now but I think I will eventually get one if I don't get a Danitrio in the Grass Green urushi of the Hanazono Collection first.

http://danitrio.com/hanazono/GN-210.jpg

The standard Midori looks great too but I love that vibrant green color of Nakaya's Hiwa-moegi urushi and Danitrio's Grass Green urushi.

Jon Szanto
October 21st, 2015, 09:01 PM
"Waiting" is pretty appropriate at the moment: I was expecting delivery of a Sheaffer with the odd name of "Imperial Triumph" (made for just a couple years).

Expecting. Still.

Tracking said "out for delivery" early in the day. Never showed up. I checked tracking tonight. Said "in/at mailbox" @ 3:44 pm. Nada. Best part is that, completely separate from all this, my wife happened to text me at 3:41 with the message "I'm home now." Meaning that someone was actually here at the house. I looked at the eBay shipping info and the address is correct.

Time for a call in the morning.

mhosea
October 21st, 2015, 09:13 PM
Tracking said "out for delivery" early in the day. Never showed up. I checked tracking tonight. Said "in/at mailbox" @ 3:44 pm. Nada.

Somebody else's mailbox? In this, I envy you not. Been there. Turned out well in my case after a couple more days.

nospam666
October 21st, 2015, 10:23 PM
"Waiting" is pretty appropriate at the moment: I was expecting delivery of a Sheaffer with the odd name of "Imperial Triumph" (made for just a couple years).

Expecting. Still.

Tracking said "out for delivery" early in the day. Never showed up. I checked tracking tonight. Said "in/at mailbox" @ 3:44 pm. Nada. Best part is that, completely separate from all this, my wife happened to text me at 3:41 with the message "I'm home now." Meaning that someone was actually here at the house. I looked at the eBay shipping info and the address is correct.

Time for a call in the morning.
Oh no! I had a similar experience a few weeks ago and the notebooks never did arrive. Hoping that your package turns up soon.

Newjelan
October 23rd, 2015, 01:54 AM
Franklin Christoph 66 in "Antique Glass" finally on the way...thanks to whomever posted that pen show photo!

You won't be disappointed!

rpsyed
October 24th, 2015, 04:38 PM
Some of you guys may have seen the video Shawn Newton posed on Instagram showing the handmade nib offering in action. (https://instagram.com/p/9Ek4KoyFAo/) Well, I had commissioned a pen with that nib over the summer. Shawn just emailed me saying that pen is finally finished! I can't wait until it will arrive.

I always love the Hemingway/MB 139 shape. And even though I prefer clipless pens generally there's something special about the 13X series clip. I pitched the idea to Shawn of having him make me a pen like that but using solid 14k trim. Shawn and his jeweler were totally up for it. I have been really excited about this pen for a long time. Here's some photos Shawn took:

https://newtonpens.files.wordpress.com/2015/10/20151024_170300.jpg
https://newtonpens.files.wordpress.com/2015/10/20151024_162956.jpg

The pen is also a true piston-filler - not a captured converter. Shawn makes the piston-filling mechanisms in-house.

https://newtonpens.files.wordpress.com/2015/10/20151024_163225.jpg

Every bit of metal, from the clip, to the three cap bands, the blind cap band, and the nib are solid 14k gold.

https://newtonpens.files.wordpress.com/2015/10/20151024_170225.jpg

Here's a better look at the feed, which Shawn cut by hand out of ebonite.

http://i.imgur.com/rKQgZKV.jpg

Now to just wait for my Romillo and Scriptorium that are on order to be finished ...

Oedipe
October 25th, 2015, 02:28 PM
Hi, waiting for the OMAS 360 Soleterre with Orange ink

Lady Onogaro
October 25th, 2015, 03:21 PM
Wow, VertOlive! You've taken the big step! I look forward to pictures. :)

bluesea
October 25th, 2015, 04:18 PM

Congratulations, Heki is the nicest Nakaka Urushi currently available (imho). I've always stayed away from brown colored things, so when I see one that I like such as Heki-- I want it.

Lady Onogaro
October 25th, 2015, 10:42 PM
The only pens I am waiting for are 2 Hello Kitty Platinum Preppys in Blue.

nospam666
October 26th, 2015, 12:17 AM
Waiting on a Pilot Prera.

penwash
October 26th, 2015, 09:36 AM

Cool, which one? I am strangely attracted to the Brown solid color one.

bluesea
October 26th, 2015, 10:34 AM

Almost ordered a yellow one last week. Been syringe/cartridge feeding my Met, and what stopped me from ordering the Prera was the want of larger capacity. Actually it takes less time to change inks with syringe/cartridge than with a piston feed, including cleaning the syringe. :shrug:

nospam666
October 26th, 2015, 01:19 PM

Almost ordered a yellow one last week. Been syringe/cartridge feeding my Met, and what stopped me from ordering the Prera was the want of larger capacity. Actually it takes less time to change inks with syringe/cartridge than with a piston feed, including cleaning the syringe. :shrug:
I have been refilling cartridges too. I get what, .8 ml? And it is very fast to refill. Plus I like changing inks out often so I don't mind the smaller capacity.

Jon Szanto
October 26th, 2015, 05:23 PM
Well, shit. Just got an email from the local PO that I should go ahead and file a claim, as it appears my parcel is lost. The insurance will just cover my expenditure, but I'd rather have the pen than the money. Such is life.

rpsyed
October 26th, 2015, 07:36 PM
Well, shit. Just got an email from the local PO that I should go ahead and file a claim, as it appears my parcel is lost. The insurance will just cover my expenditure, but I'd rather have the pen than the money. Such is life.
Oh, goodness =/ That sucks. Hopefully, you have lots of good pen mail days coming up in the near future.

Jon Szanto
October 26th, 2015, 07:41 PM
Oh, goodness =/ That sucks. Hopefully, you have lots of good pen mail days coming up in the near future.

Thank you. There are far too many people who sleep at night without a roof over their heads or a decent meal eaten. I'll never complain about troubles like mine with any serious intent. By any reasonable measure, I am a very fortunate person, and I try to remain grateful for that.

Sandy Fry
October 27th, 2015, 04:30 AM

Bummer Jon.

It will probably turn up weeks after you have forgotten about it.

David

Crazyorange
October 27th, 2015, 05:54 AM

Sorry to hear :(
I feel your pain. My Edison pen is currently "lost". Entered the sorting facility and then no updates. Sigh.

rpsyed
October 27th, 2015, 08:15 AM

I feel your pain. My Edison pen is currently "lost". Entered the sorting facility and then no updates. Sigh.
=/ keeping my fingers crossed for you. Which Edison did you buy?

RayCornett
October 27th, 2015, 10:15 AM
I'm waiting on this guy:

I..........I...I want this! In a bad way!

RayCornett
October 27th, 2015, 10:24 AM
Its Parker week for me. These 5 beauties are all coming to me from one friend. She is only a couple hours away so it should be here fast.

RayCornett
October 27th, 2015, 10:30 AM
(delete)

Crazyorange
October 27th, 2015, 11:14 AM

I have an extended Mina in a bright cheery yellow somewhere in the mail.

Lady Onogaro
October 27th, 2015, 01:16 PM

Bummer Jon.

It will probably turn up weeks after you have forgotten about it.

David

That's what happened with that E. Faber pen that Carlc sent me. I thought it was lost forever, then it shows up 2 months after he sent it.

rpsyed
October 27th, 2015, 03:26 PM

I have an extended Mina in a bright cheery yellow somewhere in the mail.

That sounds beautiful! Hopefully it turns up soon.

RayCornett
October 30th, 2015, 02:20 PM
My Parker lot arrived yesterday. 2 Challengers, a Thrift Time, a Duofold Junior Lucky Curve red orange, and a 17. The seller also included a few non working and parts pens for me to mess with. More Parkers and such and a beautiful Wearever.

wangminze
November 1st, 2015, 12:51 PM
Waiting for my Pelikan M805! Thanks Lisantica!

Josephtibbetts
November 2nd, 2015, 11:59 AM
Three custom pens on order, and then a beautiful Sailor KOP Cosmos Maki-e/ Raden pen.

Crazyorange
November 2nd, 2015, 05:47 PM
Three custom pens on order, and then a beautiful Sailor KOP Cosmos Maki-e/ Raden pen.

Oooohhhhh....post pics of the sailor pen when you get it.

Josephtibbetts
November 2nd, 2015, 09:40 PM

Oooohhhhh....post pics of the sailor pen when you get it.

Most certainly, I can get some the owner sent me when I get home.

bluesea
November 3rd, 2015, 12:02 PM
A Model 20 in Vintage Green. Its cutting into the Pelican 400 tortoise budget, but I'm still waiting for the right one so....

Laurie
November 5th, 2015, 02:05 PM
A Pilot Prera clear demonstrator. I have a Pilot Plumix with an italic nib which is always on my desk and the one I use for general day to day notes etc. I read a very positive review of the Prera and like the idea of seeing my beautiful coloured inks like Burnt Sienna and Bleu Pervenche inside the pen. My first purchase for sometime but have been purchasing a lot of vintage nibs for dip pens. Interestingly I was given a Musselman Perfection by a friend who deals on Ebay. That nib sells for $60. Wow.

Love
November 5th, 2015, 02:13 PM
I'm on a cheap pen kick. Waiting on jinhao, and a muji. Along with nib grinding supplies for my first attempt.

Miss Fountain Pen
November 5th, 2015, 02:13 PM
I am waiting for a nib for my Pelikan M215. (Not a pen, I know, but close enough.) I was taking some notes earlier today, and the pen just flew out of my hand and landed nib first. So... The pen was in need of a new nib. ;) I placed my order, and now I wait. And since I was already paying for shipping, I figured I'd order some ink as well: two De Atramentis inks and one Sailor ink. :)

Edit: I should really be upset about my nib's demise, but to tell the truth, I'm more happy about the opportunity for ink buying than upset about needing a new nib. :p Oh, and I'm relieved it wasn't a more expensive pen!

Sandy Fry
November 8th, 2015, 02:48 AM
Waiting on a Parker Sonnet and yet another 45!!!

David

bluesea
November 8th, 2015, 08:09 AM
Franklin-Christoph Pocket 20 w/ steel Masuyama CI b. The CI will go to the Model 20, and the Pocket 20 will end up with the ef (Au) or needlepoint (Fe).

gbryal
November 9th, 2015, 08:44 AM
F-C 20 "Marietta" in vintage green. Waffled over getting yet another JoWo steel nib pen, but I really like the design.

chemguyethan
November 9th, 2015, 09:23 PM
I bought a Visconti LE Opera pen that's on the way from Australia! Fingers crossed that it's not held up in customs...

Then... won an auction on ebay today for a Pelikan M800 with the 3B nib!

So now I've got two pens coming my way! Beyond excited to try these bad boys out!

Crazyorange
November 10th, 2015, 11:03 AM
I bought a Visconti LE Opera pen that's on the way from Australia! Fingers crossed that it's not held up in customs...

Then... won an auction on ebay today for a Pelikan M800 with the 3B nib!

So now I've got two pens coming my way! Beyond excited to try these bad boys out!

Which colored opera did you get???

chemguyethan
November 10th, 2015, 11:46 AM

Managed to get the "Deep Ocean Blue." I guess it was a limited edition released in Australia. It's the same material as the Elements "water" but no white stripe! And the threads are standard instead of the "hook and turn" mechanism on the elements and other pens.

Pictures look gorgeous so I can't wait to see it in person.

Pic from the ebay listing:
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/qWUAAOxyyFhTdq05/$_35.JPG

P.S. Both pens should be here Thursday! Crazy fast shipping!

fqgouvea
November 10th, 2015, 03:58 PM
I'm waiting for two older Danitrios from before their decision to specialize in urushi and other ultra-expensive finishes. These are far less sophisticated, but they look fine and I can afford them... especially at the Chatterley Luxuries sale price.

Fernando Gouvêa -- fqgouvea@roadrunner.com

Crazyorange
November 11th, 2015, 07:07 PM

Managed to get the "Deep Ocean Blue." I guess it was a limited edition released in Australia. It's the same material as the Elements "water" but no white stripe! And the threads are standard instead of the "hook and turn" mechanism on the elements and other pens.

Pictures look gorgeous so I can't wait to see it in person.

Pic from the ebay listing:
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/qWUAAOxyyFhTdq05/$_35.JPG

P.S. Both pens should be here Thursday! Crazy fast shipping!

Sweet[emoji7]. Post pics when you get it.

fountainpenkid
November 11th, 2015, 07:25 PM
Sheaffer Triumph in grey pearl striated, a pretty good eBay win at $23, I think!
A photo of one like it from Rick Conner's excellent site:
http://www.rickconner.net/penspotters/images/sheaffer.vacfil.gray.jpg

chemguyethan
November 13th, 2015, 12:04 AM
Got the Visconti Opera "Deep Ocean Blue" in today! Boy, what a gorgeous pen... :faint:

http://i1373.photobucket.com/albums/ag391/chemguyethan/Pens%20and%20things/2015-11-12%2022.39.23_zpsasxneg6q.jpg (http://s1373.photobucket.com/user/chemguyethan/media/Pens%20and%20things/2015-11-12%2022.39.23_zpsasxneg6q.jpg.html)

Pelikan should be here tomorrow. (Signature confirmation is difficult when I work constantly...)

Crazyorange
November 13th, 2015, 07:59 AM
Got the Visconti Opera "Deep Ocean Blue" in today! Boy, what a gorgeous pen... :faint:

http://i1373.photobucket.com/albums/ag391/chemguyethan/Pens%20and%20things/2015-11-12%2022.39.23_zpsasxneg6q.jpg (http://s1373.photobucket.com/user/chemguyethan/media/Pens%20and%20things/2015-11-12%2022.39.23_zpsasxneg6q.jpg.html)

Pelikan should be here tomorrow. (Signature confirmation is difficult when I work constantly...)

That's a beauty. Enjoy!

DASEFnib
November 14th, 2015, 03:25 AM
Pelikan M200 Green Marbled with 14k EF nib.....should arrive either today or Monday (11/16)!!
An M800 Burnt Orange EF is on the way from Novelli.it -- no tracking number yet from FedEx International....
M101N Red Tortoise is awaiting an EF nib in the Netherlands; it should ship out soon....

Always try to get the dibs....on fountain pens with EF nibs!!

chemguyethan
November 14th, 2015, 04:21 PM
I'm a little worried about my Pelikan pen...

It was supposed to be delivered on Thursday, but I'm never home during the day so a notice was left for redelivery. I signed it and requested a redelivery online. I left the slip in my mailbox yesterday. The slip is gone but no pen.

Check online, says delivery scheduled for today. Well the postman came today, and still no pen.

WHY USPS WHY!?!?!? I just want my pen!

rpsyed
November 14th, 2015, 04:31 PM
I'm a little worried about my Pelikan pen...

It was supposed to be delivered on Thursday, but I'm never home during the day so a notice was left for redelivery. I signed it and requested a redelivery online. I left the slip in my mailbox yesterday. The slip is gone but no pen.

Check online, says delivery scheduled for today. Well the postman came today, and still no pen.

WHY USPS WHY!?!?!? I just want my pen!
=/ Wishing you luck that it arrives soon!

VertOlive
November 14th, 2015, 04:38 PM
Just heard from drgoretex that he is beginning work on a pen for me. If it shows up before Christmas what am I gonna do ???

Mags
November 15th, 2015, 04:41 PM
You should test it fully before rinsing and wrapping it up for under the tree.

Laurie
November 15th, 2015, 11:13 PM

And here I am in Australia waiting for my Pilot Prera. What a let down.

earthdawn
November 16th, 2015, 12:27 AM

Don't be let down... the Prera is a great pen and a work horse to boot.

What color did you get?

RamanPreetSingh210
November 16th, 2015, 04:17 AM
I am waiting for the Montblanc Starwalker pen i read it's reviews. I think this will be the best pen ever i use. :)

Laurie
November 16th, 2015, 04:22 AM
Hi Earthdawn
I ordered the demonstrator as it my first clear pen. I have some favourite inks like Herbin Bleu Pervenche and Diamine Burnt Sienna that I think would look cool flushing around inside the pen. My needs are very modest. In line with my finances. I would love a sudden infusion of wealth and let me indulge in the high end pens and see what beholds there but it does not worry me too much. My modest herd gives me enough pleasure. And really enjoying good pens is not a decadent pastime really. The beauty of some of these pens and the anticipation of their arrival is worth the cost to those who can afford. In fact i got my biggest thrill in buying a Parker 51 from a seller website for $30 not quite knowing what it was. I took a risk based on some poor photos and thought it was worth the gamble.The thrill of receiving it and finding out it was in fact a Parker 51 and a beautiful writer and in beautiful condition was something I will never forget. I am still looking for another such bargain.

penwash
November 16th, 2015, 09:40 AM
I'm waiting for my first (pair) of pens made in India.

The FPR "Indus"

Lady Onogaro
November 16th, 2015, 11:32 AM
I ordered the Pilot Retropop pens from Massdrop. Those are on their way.

migo984
November 16th, 2015, 11:46 AM

What coloirs did you get?

chemguyethan
November 16th, 2015, 05:00 PM

Haha, I was shocked how fast the Visconti got here. And the Prera is a nice pen. I've got one that's clear with the green trim. Writes nicely and it's fun to see the ink inside. I actually converted it into an eye-dropper pen without much trouble so there's even more ink! My only qualm is it's a little small for me.

Hope your pen gets to you soon!

rpsyed
November 17th, 2015, 10:41 AM
Just heard from drgoretex that he is beginning work on a pen for me. If it shows up before Christmas what am I gonna do ???
Ooh, sweet! I've longingly looked at his site for months. What materials/model did you pick? :)

VertOlive
November 17th, 2015, 05:32 PM
Ooh, sweet! I've longingly looked at his site for months. What materials/model did you pick? :)

I sent my own acrylic blanks bought from a supplier after he OK'd them...asked for one of his bamboo style models.

Jon Szanto
November 17th, 2015, 05:47 PM
I rarely use the term Grail pen, but this one comes as close as any to qualifying: I just won an auction for a pen I've been after for about 4 years. I've only seen one at auction in that time, and none at any of the pen shows. The photos below are examples, but the one I got looks like it will restore to that level. I'm especially happy that I won for far less than my maximum, and about half of what the last one sold for. I love Moore pens, and this one is really unique.

http://www.estilograficas.org/imagenes/examen/moore-94a/moore-94a-1.JPG
http://www.estilograficas.org/imagenes/examen/moore-94a/moore-94a-4.JPG

Lady Onogaro
November 17th, 2015, 06:38 PM

I sent my own acrylic blanks bought from a supplier after he OK'd them...asked for one of his bamboo style models.

I saw that yellow and brown bamboo number on his Web page in person, thanks to Caribbean Skye! That is such a cool pen.

Lady Onogaro
November 17th, 2015, 06:41 PM

I know it will amaze you, but I ordered the purple one. I also ordered the orange one. I got them today, and they are so pretty. They come with the squeeze converter, but I had some Pilot purple cartridges, so I popped one of those in the purple one. I have not yet inked the orange one. It will happen soon, though.

I am yearning for the green one, too.

VertOlive
November 17th, 2015, 07:47 PM

I know it will amaze you, but I ordered the purple one. I also ordered the orange one. I got them today, and they are so pretty. They come with the squeeze converter, but I had some Pilot purple cartridges, so I popped one of those in the purple one. I have not yet inked the orange one. It will happen soon, though.

I just ordered the Ultramarine with a fine nib--love the Mod Retro look!

rpsyed
November 17th, 2015, 11:10 PM

That sounds amazing! His bamboo-style pen is the most attractive take on it I've seen. Ranga and Eboya have some bamboo-style pens that look nice, but I really like the placement of the knuckles on Ken's design.

rpsyed
November 17th, 2015, 11:13 PM
Alvaro told me that my pen has shipped! It'll be my second Romillo. This time I went for a solid blue ebonite Essential #9 with a lentil roll-stopper on the cap and a solid gold cabochon at the barrel end. The nib is going to be a semi-flexible Fine nib. I can't wait! =]

Josephtibbetts
November 18th, 2015, 12:41 AM
I'm waiting on this, I've been told it's a 1980's Omas Arte Italiana Not sure though.

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g357/joecool912009/firstomas.jpg

bluesea
November 18th, 2015, 08:33 AM
Already have my F-C Pocket 20 in black, but I'd mistakenly ordered a #5 Masuyama needlepoint instead of the correct #6. Waiting patiently...

nospam666
November 18th, 2015, 01:15 PM
A pilot metropolitan. I'm not sure if I will like it, but for 15 bucks I figured I would see what all the fuss was about.

bluesea
November 18th, 2015, 02:07 PM
A pilot metropolitan. I'm not sure if I will like it, but for 15 bucks I figured I would see what all the fuss was about.

I started with one--its a great pen! Very simple to refill cartridges. I later found out my hand prefers a thicker girth, but still.

Bogon07
November 18th, 2015, 03:47 PM
http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/oBYAAOSwFnFWBPRB/s-l64.jpg
Visconti Opera Giorgio Fedon, black and (peanut)butter swirl pen 23K-M from Rozmenko.

DASEFnib
November 19th, 2015, 02:56 AM
Pelikan M200 Cognac (F).....ordered from Amazon (shipped from Nagasawa Japan)....due between 12/17 and 1/11/16....
For what I paid.....Well worth the wait!!:)
I can get an EF nib from a US vendor -- and STILL end up saving $$!!

Josephtibbetts
November 19th, 2015, 12:05 PM
Now I'm waiting on an Omas 360 blue, the new c/c design. As well as a Sailor 1911L in Rhodium

nospam666
November 19th, 2015, 02:47 PM

I started with one--its a great pen! Very simple to refill cartridges. I later found out my hand prefers a thicker girth, but still.
Thanks. I'm afraid it might be a tad heavier than I like, but the price is nice and I'm sure I can give it away if it doesn't work for me.

I love refilling the Pilot cartridges... They hold a ton of ink and I never have an issue with surface tension.

VertOlive
November 20th, 2015, 06:12 PM

So I just received this pen today. I can't believe I avoided them for so long and I can see why they are a favorite "Beginner's Pen". It is more lightweight that I expected (my main fear was that they'd be heavy since they are metal--not so!), very comfortable in the hand and writes like a boss right out of the box. I wasn't crazy about the color and patterns before I saw the Retro Pop line, now I'm considering going back for another color!

I see they make a regular convertor [Con 50 at Goulet] instead of the squeeze convertor for these...

Inkfillet
November 20th, 2015, 07:49 PM
I have a Parker 45 enroute, and hopefully I will have a Parker Cisele on the way. I do love the Cisele.
p.s. This is my first post. (after introduction)

Lady Onogaro
November 20th, 2015, 08:11 PM
I have a Parker 45 enroute, and hopefully I will have a Parker Cisele on the way. I do love the Cisele.
p.s. This is my first post. (after introduction)

I just saw your post--welcome. I am a big fan of the Parker 45 (I love all the colors and finishes). I hope to add a Parker Cisele to my collection. I just got one of my grail pens (I guess it's funny to say that about a Parker, but I have wanted a Parker Slimfold for ages, and I just got a nice one with flex a couple of weeks ago).

nospam666
November 20th, 2015, 09:52 PM

So I just received this pen today. I can't believe I avoided them for so long and I can see why they are a favorite "Beginner's Pen". It is more lightweight that I expected (my main fear was that they'd be heavy since they are metal--not so!), very comfortable in the hand and write like a boss right out of the box. I wasn't crazy about the color and patterns before I saw the Retro Pop line, now I'm considering foing back for another color!

I see they make a regular convertor [Con 50 at Goulet] instead of the squeeze convertor for these...
I got the turquoise one today. Really love it. I am using it with a cartridge that I refilled with diamine red dragon using a syringe. I'm going to write with it for a while to see how the weight is for longer writing sessions. But I really love it and the retro pop colors are gorgeous.

My business colors are orange and lime green, so I bought a bunch of those colors in rollerballs to give to the employees for end of year gifts. The lime Green has a really pretty center band design.

bluesea
November 21st, 2015, 04:50 PM
Surprisingly enough my third Franklin-Christoph should arrive early next week. :D

Waski_the_Squirrel
November 22nd, 2015, 01:08 AM
I decided to buy several cheap pens. Two of them really caught my eye. I'm not sure how well they'll write, but they sure look interesting.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51a7Klhgv6L._SX522_.jpg

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61GLU8PKkQL._SY679_.jpg

And, for no reason at all, I spontaneously bought these:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61zSHqiQOdL._SX522_.jpg

DASEFnib
November 22nd, 2015, 02:39 AM
Pelikan M101N Red Tortoise with F nib.....had a 2 week delay, waiting for the F version to be available...
Also have an M205 Amethyst (F) and M200 Cognac (F) coming in!!:)

Always try to get the dibs.....on fountain pens with EF Nibs!!

Sandy Fry
November 22nd, 2015, 03:15 AM
Heresy I know...but waiting on a Delta Capri " The Blue Grotto " LE Rollerball. Needed a new ball-pen for work. The cheap, horrible paper they have at work feathers and bleeds through badly so no choice but to use a ball-pen.

David

bluesea
November 22nd, 2015, 08:20 AM
Its 5:15am--the moon has already set 2 hr ago, on a dark quiet morning in Honolulu. Penmanship practice is just about finished, the pot of coffee is empty, and a Montblanc No.146 Bordeaux fine was just added to the wait list.

KBeezie
November 23rd, 2015, 07:34 PM
Waiting (and hoping it comes before thanksgiving, the expected delivery day says it will) for two pens and ink in trade.

- Nakaya Piccolo Black Cigar
- Noodler's Neponset Appalachian Pearl Acrylic
- Montblanc Blue Hour Bottle

And one that I won in a drawing:
- FPR Jaipur Blue with a Flex nib (and one spare non-flex nib with feed)

RayCornett
November 26th, 2015, 03:34 PM
Sheaffer Balance and Sheaffer white dot double desk set.

bluesea
November 27th, 2015, 10:56 AM
Platinum 3776 Sai Demonstrator. Originally ordered a regrind to fine-medium, but changed that to fine.

migo984
November 27th, 2015, 12:03 PM
A Desiderata Daedalus in matte black Delrin. Very excited :bounce::bounce:

acelticmonk
November 27th, 2015, 12:28 PM

Me too, me too!!

acelticmonk
November 27th, 2015, 12:45 PM
And now, I'm waiting for a Pilot Custom 74 from @bluesea. :bounce:

I've got a Lamy 2000 out for tuning, and have package with a used Lamy Safari and a TWSBI 580 and a few inks in my mailbox. It's a good fountain pen week for me!

migo984
November 27th, 2015, 12:52 PM

Me too, me too!!

May I compliment you on your great choice :) :)

VertOlive
November 27th, 2015, 12:57 PM
"Grinch Season" is upon us, so coming from MarteModena with a steel stub nib in my all-time favorite color "Grinch (Acid) Green":

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f261/sparrowe/aciddelta.jpg (http://s49.photobucket.com/user/sparrowe/media/aciddelta.jpg.html)

migo984
November 27th, 2015, 01:03 PM
"Grinch Season" is upon us, so coming from MarteModena with a steel stub nib in my all-time favorite color "Grinch (Acid) Green":

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f261/sparrowe/aciddelta.jpg (http://s49.photobucket.com/user/sparrowe/media/aciddelta.jpg.html)

I have the Delta Vintage in that colour. Fabulous isn't it? You must try it with Kobe #19 Minagotawa Lime :-)

nospam666
November 27th, 2015, 03:02 PM
Waiting for a pilot Prera in vivid pink. I love that pen. Already have it in royal blue.

Eventually I will have a cheap pen collection and will have to start saving up for another 14k gold nib pen.

VertOlive
December 6th, 2015, 06:21 PM
My first Sailor, a Sapporo "Four Seasons" series--Yukitsubaki White Lame. I love the look of "Camelias in the Snow".

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f261/sparrowe/yuki.jpg (http://s49.photobucket.com/user/sparrowe/media/yuki.jpg.html)

Photo from nibs.com

VertOlive
December 6th, 2015, 06:23 PM
I have the Delta Vintage in that colour. Fabulous isn't it? You must try it with Kobe #19 Minagotawa Lime :-)

Migo, they told me these only take cartridges--did you find a convertor that fits or do you refill carts? Thanks!

Dragonmaster Lou
December 7th, 2015, 09:00 AM
Waiting for a Platinum #3776 Century in Chartres Blue with an M nib...

earthdawn
December 9th, 2015, 04:12 PM
Currently inbound and the excitement is starting a bout of insomnia

Shawn Newton Shinobi......

migo984
December 10th, 2015, 02:51 AM

Migo, they told me these only take cartridges--did you find a convertor that fits or do you refill carts? Thanks!

Hi VO

So sorry - I somehow missed your question above about the Delta Vintage.The Monteverde Mini converter fits the pen really well. The Mini fits a whole load of pens that people say only take cartridges e.g Kaweco Sports.

migo984
December 11th, 2015, 11:01 AM
A Pilot Cocoon

VertOlive
December 11th, 2015, 05:02 PM
Finally found the whole set as NOS circa 2008--both pens are fountain pens, one broad and one fine nib. Love that Levenger Sea Glass.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f261/sparrowe/seaglass.jpg (http://s49.photobucket.com/user/sparrowe/media/seaglass.jpg.html)

Sandy Fry
December 12th, 2015, 03:44 AM
Finally found the whole set as NOS circa 2008--both pens are fountain pens, one broad and one fine nib. Love that Sea Glass.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f261/sparrowe/seaglass.jpg (http://s49.photobucket.com/user/sparrowe/media/seaglass.jpg.html)

Those are wicked crazy cool!!!

David

Crazyorange
December 13th, 2015, 02:54 PM
Finally found the whole set as NOS circa 2008--both pens are fountain pens, one broad and one fine nib. Love that Levenger Sea Glass.

Sweet!!! Modern retro. [emoji7]

writingrav
December 14th, 2015, 04:01 PM
I am awaiting the Twsbi Vac Mini, ordered this afternoon, a day earlier than announced originally.

Jon Szanto
December 14th, 2015, 04:09 PM

Congrats! That is a totally unique look and setup, a wonderful find.

Jon Szanto
December 14th, 2015, 04:11 PM
Pocket 66 Antique Glass acrylic with a Mike Masuyama cursive italic nib...

http://www.franklin-christoph.com/uploads/1/0/4/5/10453260/5270764_orig.jpg

DASEFnib
December 15th, 2015, 02:25 AM
2 more Esties!!!!
Black SJ with a 2556 nib.....and Green Marbled J with a 2668 nib...
Both have new sacs and are in EXCELLENT condition!
The Black is from a new vendor (to me)....the Green is from a vendor I've done business with before - HIGHLY RATED!!:)

wangminze
December 16th, 2015, 05:25 PM
The special edition Kaweco Sport Metallic Purple!! Getting that along with a Hobonichi Techo & Framboise Chocolat cover for my mom. Hopefully she won't get too angry. [emoji39]

VertOlive
December 16th, 2015, 07:56 PM

Smitten with their Antique Glass; they really came up with a winner on this one!

VertOlive
December 16th, 2015, 08:16 PM
My custom Bamboo from Dr. Cavers arrived.

Oh my!!!

I was allowed to dip it to check the nib, then had to surrender it to the Elf until Christmas.

:shocked:

inklord
December 17th, 2015, 04:11 AM

Same pen, same nib, came over a month ago, never got to see it - confiscated by the good wife for Christmas! (see VertOlive's post). But I got the same pen in Orange-Amber at the time, so I can't be too impatient.

carlos.q
December 17th, 2015, 09:00 AM
I promised myself a flagship pen as a Christmas present and the choice came down to a Montblanc 149 or a Pelikan M1000. At the end I bought the Pelikan M1000 from a fellow FPGeek:

fountainpenkid
December 17th, 2015, 01:12 PM
TWSBI Vac mini and Pelikan 400 tortoise. I'm actually more excited for the Vac, as I haven't had a vacuum-filling pen in a while.

Bogon07
December 17th, 2015, 01:55 PM
Visconti-Chatterley Divina Ragtime 10th Anniversary Limited Edition Fountain Pen In Silver (23K-M) - stupid captive converter but what can you do the celluloid is so nice.

https://chatterleyluxuries.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/L1090088-001-copy.jpg

Now rec'd shipping advice for the Delta Momo design Alumina & GreyKaweco AL-Sport so it will be a pentastic Xmas if they all arrive on time.

SIG9
December 17th, 2015, 02:00 PM

I'm waiting on the exact same pen and nib! You have good taste ;)

SIG9
December 17th, 2015, 02:03 PM
I am awaiting the Twsbi Vac Mini, ordered this afternoon, a day earlier than announced originally.

Let us know what you think when it arrives. It's next on my list :)

writingrav
December 17th, 2015, 04:54 PM
Will do. I'd hoped it would have arrived today, but no such luck.

Mags
December 22nd, 2015, 04:23 AM
My custom Bamboo from Dr. Cavers arrived.

Oh my!!!

I was allowed to dip it to check the nib, then had to surrender it to the Elf until Christmas.

:shocked:

You will love that pen. Ken does great pens and I like his nib tuning skills also. Welcome to the Ken Cavers pen club.

Mags
December 31st, 2015, 04:12 AM
I have had a crazy week. I have ordered an Edison Pearlette, a Platinum Plasir and the Gate City Dunn from Richard Binder. I am going crazy waiting for the mail person. Anybody else waiting for a pen or pens?

Did you ever imagine starting a thread with 131 pages of posts?

Ira I got your letter. I will try to text you in a day or two.

And as for pens I am waiting for......a sheaffer 300

SeminarianMike
December 31st, 2015, 04:24 AM

This is so crazy cool! [emoji46][emoji46][emoji46][emoji46] I'm waiting on a montreverde color fusion black with a fine nib! I had an invincia deluxe but my mom stole it! Said it was to pretty for me to use at school! Hate when that happens [emoji19]lol I love the montreverde pens just a good work horse... Those steel nibs are also useful if u need to hammer 2 two by fours together real quick!!! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] I love sharp nail nibs

writingrav
December 31st, 2015, 05:58 AM
I have had a crazy week. I have ordered an Edison Pearlette, a Platinum Plasir and the Gate City Dunn from Richard Binder. I am going crazy waiting for the mail person. Anybody else waiting for a pen or pens?

Did you ever imagine starting a thread with 131 pages of posts?

Ira I got your letter. I will try to text you in a day or two.

And as for pens I am waiting for......a sheaffer 300
I guess it touched a nerve. I certainly never imagined having close to 2000 posts myself. It has been a pleasant place to hang out.

DASEFnib
January 1st, 2016, 02:48 AM
A Parker 51 Special......it started its FedEx/SmartPost journey on 12/21/15 in WA.....it's gone through 5 states and is NOW in MA.....
ETA.... 1/5/16!!!:facepalm:
I'm half-expecting to see PASSPORT STAMPS on this baby when it FINALLY gets here!!!:mad:
BTW....this was the ONLY method of shipment available to the seller -- without spending BIG $$!!

Sandy Fry
January 2nd, 2016, 04:01 AM
Decided to order one of those Ranga Ebonite pens from PSP.

David

Sandy Fry
January 4th, 2016, 05:08 AM
Damn I did it again! Bought yet another Parker 45!

It's not like I buy different ones. I must have about 7 or 8 identical ones. Same body color and same cap. They are just too good to pass up when you see them for $10!

David

Max Dog
January 8th, 2016, 04:46 AM
Waiting for a Lamy 2000 with medium nib to arrive. Tried the 2000 about 4 years ago with a fine or extra fine nib and didn't like it much and gave it away. Found a good deal on one on ebay over the holidays, so I thought I'd give the L2K another chance with a broader nib. Will be my first pen for this year.

fountainpenkid
January 8th, 2016, 07:52 AM
Three Sheaffer Snorkels for restoration: one Sentinel, two Specials. Can't wait!

bluesea
January 9th, 2016, 09:12 AM
Two Pelikan 400NN (ef, and om), both in transit from Nibsmith. Feels like Christmas.

P.S. forgot to mention an Aurora 88p should be arriving today.

rpsyed
January 12th, 2016, 11:42 AM
A mixture of school and work has kept me away from the forums for several weeks but I do have a couple new items on the way! =]

Just last night, I ordered a Romillo Sil #9, which will be my third Romillo.

http://www.estilograficas.org/imagenes/examen/romillopens-sil-hand-made/romillopens-sil-hand-made-2.jpg
http://www.estilograficas.org/imagenes/examen/romillopens-sil-hand-made/romillopens-sil-hand-made-1.jpg

The picture above is of the Sil #6 and Sil #8 from when Alvaro was using Bock nibs. The proportions will be the same but the nibs are now handmade and a bit bigger than the Bock nibs.

I ordered mine in terracotta ebonite, F-M nib with generous ink flow. I also asked for a solid gold lentil roll stop and solid gold cabochon, seen below.

http://www.estilograficas.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/3.jpg
http://www.estilograficas.org/imagenes/examen/Romillopens-Essential-Grand/Romillopens-Essential-Grand-3.JPG

The cabochon is essentially a gold disc with the Romillo logo in deep relief that's then embedded into the barrel of the pen. The lentil roll stop and barrel-end cabochon are nice touches, I think, on what is an otherwise unadorned pen.

One kind of cool thing is that it's the exact same length capped as it is posted. I wouldn't post the pen, but it does say something about how balanced the taper is, I think.

http://www.estilograficas.org/imagenes/examen/romillopens-sil-hand-made/romillopens-sil-hand-made-6.jpg

There's a really fantastic review of a Sil #9 on FPN here. (http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/292717-romillo-sil-9/)

It should be here in late February or early March. I can't wait! =]

I also have a Scriptorium pen on order, which should be arriving in a few weeks. Renee will be making me a custom pen in the style of Romillo with a black ebonite section. For the cap, I'm going to use the sterling silver lota roll stop that Renee has commissioned for her pens. Renee said she liked the design so much she was going to make her personal Tibaldi pen just like mine!

I'm so excited for both pens!

HoLmeslice
January 12th, 2016, 12:59 PM
I bought my first vintage pen this weekend, from fpgeeks user mhosea: a grey Parker Vacumatic. It should be arriving tomorrow, and I'm pretty excited! Best part about waiting? Knowing I'm getting a pen with some connection to history (expect nothing less from a history major). Worst part about waiting? Trying not to buy new ink to put into it!

Terie_Benjamin
January 12th, 2016, 04:11 PM
Esterbrook J in green, nice clean pen, lever fill, 2668 nib.

bluesea
January 13th, 2016, 05:51 AM
A mixture of school and work has kept me away from the forums for several weeks but I do have a couple new items on the way! =]

Just last night, I ordered a Romillo Sil #9, which will be my third Romillo.

http://www.estilograficas.org/imagenes/examen/romillopens-sil-hand-made/romillopens-sil-hand-made-2.jpg
http://www.estilograficas.org/imagenes/examen/romillopens-sil-hand-made/romillopens-sil-hand-made-1.jpg

I'm so excited for both pens!

Can't wait for your review! This has me contemplating plundering my new motorcycle budget.

Oldgoatskc
January 13th, 2016, 07:59 AM
I'm waiting for a Pilot 78g and a Jinhao 450. Expect them over the next two weeks.

rpsyed
January 13th, 2016, 02:44 PM
Can't wait for your review! This has me contemplating plundering my new motorcycle budget.
Ooh, goodness, a new motorcycle sounds awesome! I remember riding in front of my uncle's motorcycle when I was little and having an absolute blast. Looking back, I don't think we were going that fast because it was all on city streets. I think I'd be too scared to even attempt riding a motorcycle now =/

Romillo is totally worth considering if you are looking for a special custom pen though. The only real downside I can think of is if you are used to writing with your fingers close to the nib, the #9 nib puts some distance between the hand and your paper. But there's the #7 nib, which is just a little longer than a standard #6, and saves like $150 too. I'm not sure where you're located but if you're near Central California, you can definitely try writing with both of my pens to see if you like them.

bluesea
January 13th, 2016, 08:25 PM
Ooh, goodness, a new motorcycle sounds awesome! I remember riding in front of my uncle's motorcycle when I was little and having an absolute blast. Looking back, I don't think we were going that fast because it was all on city streets. I think I'd be too scared to even attempt riding a motorcycle now =/

Romillo is totally worth considering if you are looking for a special custom pen though. The only real downside I can think of is if you are used to writing with your fingers close to the nib, the #9 nib puts some distance between the hand and your paper. But there's the #7 nib, which is just a little longer than a standard #6, and saves like $150 too. I'm not sure where you're located but if you're near Central California, you can definitely try writing with both of my pens to see if you like them.

I live southwest about 2600mi or so (Honolulu). I watched their workshop video and the gal doing the writing function testing held the pen noticeably high, and the pens writing angle at what seems like +/-35°.

http://www.romillopens.com/workshop/

SeminarianMike
January 13th, 2016, 08:58 PM
I'm really really after Pelikans at this point! I am saving for an m600 and an m1000!! Hopefully I'll have enough to buy one of the two in a week or two [emoji7]

rpsyed
January 13th, 2016, 09:08 PM
I live southwest about 2600mi or so (Honolulu). I watched their workshop video and the gal doing the writing function testing held the pen noticeably high, and the pens writing angle at what seems like +/-35°.

http://www.romillopens.com/workshop/
Ooh, that's a bit far =/

Yeah, her grip is really high up. On the Romillo order form (http://romillopens.com/_Order-Form-romillopens.pdf), he asks the angle you write at, so it seems he'll adjust for that. The #9 nib is just a tiny bit taller than a MB149 nib. I think anyone who can write comfortably with that, would find the Romillo #9 nibs comfortable as well.

ilangai
January 16th, 2016, 01:51 PM
Finally ordered my first Pilot Capless.. Got a great price for it, and i was always pleased with the Pilot nib quality.
Can't wait..

Terie_Benjamin
January 19th, 2016, 05:18 PM
I just ordered a MONTEVERDE MOUNTAINS OF THE WORLD FOUNTAIN PEN - K2, 1.1MM STUB

Terie_Benjamin
January 19th, 2016, 11:00 PM
Uh oh, did I make a bad decision?

Crazyorange
January 20th, 2016, 10:04 AM

Sharp looking pen. Post pics when you get it.

SeminarianMike
January 20th, 2016, 03:36 PM
I have a m805 in blue coming from Italy [emoji7]

VertOlive
January 20th, 2016, 08:54 PM

Why do you say that? I like both my Primas and both have the 1.1 nib...

Paddrino
January 20th, 2016, 09:08 PM
I have my first vanishing point incoming along with a bottle of akkerman shocking blue ;) wife picked it instead of the Visconti for my birthday on Feb 1

Runnin_Ute
January 20th, 2016, 10:28 PM
Coming:

2 12 pen cases from an Asian seller - PU leather.
Esterbrook J 9461 nib that will need to be resacced

carlos.q
January 21st, 2016, 07:25 AM
I am waiting for this MB344 with a 14C Broad nib I just bought from Tom Westerich over at penboard.de (the picture is his):

Terie_Benjamin
January 22nd, 2016, 06:27 AM

I didn't find much feedback on it. I'm hoping it's a nice pen. It was such a great deal I couldn't pass it up.

Bogon07
January 22nd, 2016, 01:29 PM

I didn't find much feedback on it. I'm hoping it's a nice pen. It was such a great deal I couldn't pass it up.
I have 1.1 stubs on a Monteverde Prima & Jewelria and have been extremely pleased with the performance of both.

Terie_Benjamin
January 22nd, 2016, 01:42 PM
I just opened my K2. It's beautiful, I have not inked it. I will have I get back from taking care of my dad.

top pen
January 24th, 2016, 08:32 AM
Picked up the older version of the Diplomat Esteem the Master, in a Fountain pen and ball point set in graphite finish from the early 2000's.

rpsyed
January 27th, 2016, 06:32 PM
Renee made my first Scriptorium today! =]

(https://www.instagram.com/p/BBEBrgwER_6/) The model she came up (https://www.instagram.com/p/BBEBJ-tkR_I/)with based on what I asked for is a flat top, not seamless at the barrel to cap transition but pretty close. She's adding it to her lineup under the name the Aeterna. I was lucky enough to reserve some of the Tibaldi Impero celluloid Renee had received several months ago and had my pen made with that material. I also ordered an additional section made of black ebonite, in case the Tibaldi ever stained from ink. I'm hoping it wont, but a back-up section is nice. Renee also commissioned some circular roll-stops, I used a sterling silver one for my pen, but they are also available in 18kt gold. I ordered two nibs with mine, an F and M, both rhodium-plated 18kt.

Can't wait for it to arrive!

Also waiting on the Romillo Sil #9, but that won't be done until late February.

Miss Fountain Pen
January 28th, 2016, 01:14 AM
Ah! So you were behind that lovely model. :) It looks a lot like a Romillo pen. (Or at least the ebonite prototype did.) Was that what you were after?

ETA: Just to be clear, I was replying to rpsyed. :)

RayCornett
January 28th, 2016, 02:23 AM
Brown striated sheaffer balance and sheaffer 5-30

rpsyed
January 28th, 2016, 11:51 PM
Ah! So you were behind that lovely model. :) It looks a lot like a Romillo pen. (Or at least the ebonite prototype did.) Was that what you were after?

Yep! =]

I asked for something in the Romillo style. I love those flat-tops with the circular roll-stops -- my first Newton is also is a similar style. Renee ended up making three prototypes of the model out of ebonite since she, understandably, didn't want to experiment with Tibaldi. The final model ended up being a combination of the first two prototypes. Renee did an awesome job on it; can't wait to get it.

DASEFnib
January 29th, 2016, 02:53 AM
Waiting on a Platinum 3776 Century Bourgogne with UEF nib.....and a 500 converter....
Also....a Sailor Profit (Ivory) with EF nib.....should be here next week!!:)

Denizzz
January 29th, 2016, 03:44 AM
Waiting for Pelikan 400NN Tortoise with F flexible nib.

Miss Fountain Pen
January 29th, 2016, 05:09 AM

Yep! =]

I asked for something in the Romillo style. I love those flat-tops with the circular roll-stops -- my first Newton is also is a similar style. Renee ended up making three prototypes of the model out of ebonite since she, understandably, didn't want to experiment with Tibaldi. The final model ended up being a combination of the first two prototypes. Renee did an awesome job on it; can't wait to get it.

Oooo, now you're giving me ideas! That pen model with Shawn's home-made nib, and maybe a piston filler on top of it? :cheers: But not now! I'm currently waiting for my first Scriptorium (I think it'll arrive some time in February, and it'll be my first custom-made pen), plus my first custom-made Edison, which should arrive some time in April, I think. So... Enough for now! ;) But I'm keeping Shawn's pens in the back of my mind.

carlos.q
January 29th, 2016, 05:27 AM
Waiting for my first ever MB149. Dang that thing looks big!!! :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

RuiFromUK
January 29th, 2016, 05:50 AM
Montblanc Boheme with MB Racing Green cartridge ink

rybos
January 29th, 2016, 02:25 PM
Platinum 3776 in Black w/ Rhodium trim, medium....any minute now. Any other day, UPS shows up before noon. 4:23pm now.

Pilot CH 92 msoft medium coming monday.

Inks and Masumara paper also coming monday from Goulet.

I limited myself to one pen a month last month. Have bought three since. Not doing so good. Need to restore a bunch of beat up pens from ebay lots and re coupe some of this.

Terie_Benjamin
January 29th, 2016, 03:16 PM
I'm waiting for a platinum 3776 century in Bourgogne broad nib. It just shipped this morning.

Lady Onogaro
January 29th, 2016, 05:02 PM
I'm waiting on a PSP Slim Bamboo Blue Ranga.

Crazyorange
January 29th, 2016, 05:11 PM

Oohhhh...post pics when it arrives.

mhosea
January 29th, 2016, 11:05 PM
Waiting for my first ever MB149. Dang that thing looks big!!! :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

Yeah, I'm watching the tracking, waiting for you to get it. I hate it when the USPS slips their expected delivery date with nary a scan since it left the local hub, but so far they haven't lost one of mine (permanently) yet.

rpsyed
January 30th, 2016, 12:50 AM
Oooo, now you're giving me ideas! That pen model with Shawn's home-made nib, and maybe a piston filler on top of it? :cheers: But not now! I'm currently waiting for my first Scriptorium (I think it'll arrive some time in February, and it'll be my first custom-made pen), plus my first custom-made Edison, which should arrive some time in April, I think. So... Enough for now! ;) But I'm keeping Shawn's pens in the back of my mind.
Ooh, sweet! Which model/material did you pick for your Scriptorium and Edison? I'd like to get a pump-filling Edison one day, maybe in a clipless rippled ebonite Huron ... with two sections, one with a Richard Binder flex nib and regular firm nib in the other ... that would be amazing. It'll be a while though since I think a jade celluloid Hakase is going to be my next pen order.

My Scriptorium won't be shipped for another few days since I ordered the extra nib a little later on and she is waiting for it to get engraved -- she keeps steel nibs in stock but 18kt nib have to be special ordered.

Nice! I've been thinking about one of the full size Bamboo ones for a while. It's such a nice design and Peyton Street Pens is an awesome company.

Miss Fountain Pen
January 30th, 2016, 01:24 AM
Ooh, sweet! Which model/material did you pick for your Scriptorium and Edison? I'd like to get a pump-filling Edison one day, maybe in a clipless rippled ebonite Huron ... with two sections, one with a Richard Binder flex nib and regular firm nib in the other ... that would be amazing. It'll be a while though since I think a jade celluloid Hakase is going to be my next pen order.

My Scriptorium won't be shipped for another few days since I ordered the extra nib a little later on and she is waiting for it to get engraved -- she keeps steel nibs in stock but 18kt nib have to be special ordered.

I'm getting a Scriptorium Master Scrivener, in small size, with a two-tone 18K fine nib. This is the material that I chose:

Will post pictures (or a link to Instagram ;)) when Renee makes it.

For Edison, I'm getting a Huron in green ("fern") ebonite with a two-tone 18K medium cursive italic. :) I decided to keep it simple and ordered a CC filler.

And I wish you patience as you wait for your beautiful Scriptorium. :)

ETA: That picture was taken from MuttBlanks.com (http://www.muttblanks.com/). It's Lava Lamp #106. :)

rpsyed
January 30th, 2016, 01:53 AM
I'm getting a Scriptorium Master Scrivener, in small size, with a two-tone 18K fine nib. This is the material that I chose:

Will post pictures (or a link to Instagram ;)) when Renee makes it.

For Edison, I'm getting a Huron in green ("fern") ebonite with a two-tone 18K medium cursive italic. :) I decided to keep it simple and ordered a CC filler.

And I wish you patience as you wait for your beautiful Scriptorium. :)
That materials looks gorgeous! I imagine it when turned and polished it looks like a glowing swirly rust/brown colors, somewhat reminiscent of wood.

That Huron sounds beautiful too. Oh, goodness, we have similar tastes! =] I'm looking forward to seeing pictures

Miss Fountain Pen
January 30th, 2016, 02:30 AM
That materials looks gorgeous! I imagine it when turned and polished it looks like a glowing swirly rust/brown colors, somewhat reminiscent of wood.

That Huron sounds beautiful too. Oh, goodness, we have similar tastes! =] I'm looking forward to seeing pictures

:)

I believe my material looks like this (https://www.flickr.com/photos/lady_tortoise/23362808149/) when made into a pen. The pen that I'm linking to was made of "Molten Bronze," which is what my material is called by one of the vendors. When I placed my order (about six months ago), I ordered "blind," that is to say, I didn't really know what my material would look like when made into a pen. So I was a bit nervous! But this looks very pretty. :)

Miss Fountain Pen
January 30th, 2016, 02:38 AM
I'm already thinking about what ink I'll use in my Scriptorium. Probably something brown to match the color of the pen. :) The prettiest brown (actually, brown-red) that I've tried is the Diamine Rustic Brown (http://www.gouletpens.com/diamine-rustic-brown-80ml-bottled-fountain-pen-ink/p/D7067). However, I've found that ink not to be that well-behaved. If it stays in a pen for a few days, the pen starts to skip (even if used daily). So... I'll probably go for one of the Iroshizuku browns. I have both Tsukushi (http://www.gouletpens.com/pilot-iroshizuku-tsukushi-50ml-bottled-fountain-pen-ink/p/PN69218) and Yama-guri (http://www.gouletpens.com/pilot-iroshizuku-yama-guri-50ml-bottled-fountain-pen-ink/p/PN69219), so I'll probably pick one of those. :)

bluesea
January 30th, 2016, 03:24 PM
I'm already thinking about what ink I'll use in my Scriptorium. Probably something brown to match the color of the pen. :) The prettiest brown (actually, brown-red) that I've tried is the Diamine Rustic Brown (http://www.gouletpens.com/diamine-rustic-brown-80ml-bottled-fountain-pen-ink/p/D7067). However, I've found that ink not to be that well-behaved. If it stays in a pen for a few days, the pen starts to skip (even if used daily). So... I'll probably go for one of the Iroshizuku browns. I have both Tsukushi (http://www.gouletpens.com/pilot-iroshizuku-tsukushi-50ml-bottled-fountain-pen-ink/p/PN69218) and Yama-guri (http://www.gouletpens.com/pilot-iroshizuku-yama-guri-50ml-bottled-fountain-pen-ink/p/PN69219), so I'll probably pick one of those. :)

Spectacular acrylic pattern! Not that you should buy new ink just for a new pen but :O)

Oma's Sepia is just about identical to Montblanc Toffee, although I can't recall if they both shade the same.

http://imgur.com/0ZpVU5I

DASEFnib
January 31st, 2016, 02:55 AM
I'm waiting for a platinum 3776 century in Bourgogne broad nib. It just shipped this morning.

Just ordered the same pen with the UEF nib from Amazon (the 500 converter was extra.....!!:facepalm:)
This will be my first Platinum!!! Had to see what all the rave was about!!!;)

Sandy Fry
January 31st, 2016, 03:12 AM

Lovely pens. Recently got the Bamboo in smooth green ripple with a 1.5 stub.

David

amk
January 31st, 2016, 11:35 AM
Finally managed to secure one of my Grails - the Visconti/Kaweco green-bronze Sport. Other pens may be in the mail, but I'm waiting very impatiently for this one.

rpsyed
January 31st, 2016, 11:17 PM
Well, I ordered another pen ... this time, a Hakase.

I've already made the first payment. Ryo Yamamoto said a second payment is due in December 2016 and the pen should be ready by the end of January 2017.

The model I ordered is a JG15G. It'll have a pyramid barrel band and miniature scroll roll-stopper, like this pen.
http://fp-hakase.com/products/97902015_06_23_R.JPG

But instead of African Ebony wood, like the pen above, it'll be made of green celluloid, like this.

https://web.archive.org/web/20160127070102im_/http://fp-hakase.com/products/IMG_3776_R.JPG

Pilot #15, with the Hakase logo stamped, will be the nib. I picked a medium nib. All the trim is hand-hammered solid 14kt gold

The model usually comes with a gold ring on the section, but I think it looks better without it so my section will just be plain celluloid.

The ordering process is really quite nice, considering the language barrier. There's definite hints of Google Translate in the emails but the grandson of Hakase's founder, Ryo Yamamoto, uses lots pictures to help clarify things. For example. He'll have a couple pictures of pens, one labeled A, with the back of the barrel tapered for posting and the other B, barrel not tapered. And then, he'll ask if A or B is the barrel shape you want?

In addition to the Hakase, waiting on a Scriptorium made of Tibaldi celluloid, and a Romillo Sil #9.

Miss Fountain Pen
February 1st, 2016, 10:17 AM

Spectacular acrylic pattern! Not that you should buy new ink just for a new pen but :O)

Oma's Sepia is just about identical to Montblanc Toffee, although I can't recall if they both shade the same.

http://imgur.com/0ZpVU5I

Gorgeous ink! But nope, nope, nope, I'm not getting any more inks!! I don't even know how many inks I have... Too many, that's for sure. :p

Cookies
February 1st, 2016, 10:24 AM
Gave up on waiting for the Antique Glass and just purchased a regular Solid Ice P66 with fine cursive italic from Franklin-Christoph. Of course this means they'll list the Antique Glass version any minute now... :p

Ripperg9
February 3rd, 2016, 09:54 AM
I have on order a Franklin-christoph model 02 intrinsic emerald & ice. Should be in by Friday.
My first of there products. Anyone else use this pen yet?

bulbboy
February 3rd, 2016, 10:10 AM
I'm waiting in a Sheaffer Taranis and a Pelikan M400 in red/black

bluesea
February 3rd, 2016, 11:00 AM
I have on order a Franklin-christoph model 02 intrinsic emerald & ice. Should be in by Friday.
My first of there products. Anyone else use this pen yet?

Not the 02 in particular but imo one of the advantages of F-C pens, is the easy availability of a variety of nib types for replacement or versatility.

rpsyed
February 17th, 2016, 01:55 PM
Alvaro told me my Romillo Sil #9 will be sent out sometime next week! I can't wait. I ordered mine in terracotta ebonite, with gold roll stop and cabochon, and a Medium-Fine nib.

I believe the pen is already finished but Alvaro always keeps pens in his workshop to test them out periodically over a week or so to make sure everything writes well. Overkill, maybe, but I can definitely say both of my Romillo pens are trouble free as far as baby's bottom or ink starvation. I can't say the same for an Edison Pearl I received which had terrible baby's bottom. I was able to take care of it with some Micromesh and careful work, but it's nice that Alvaro sees the value in testing for problems that are only apparent with extended use.

http://www.romillopens.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/romillo-pens-sil-7.jpg

Has to be one of the most beautiful pens ever designed, IMO.

Miss Fountain Pen
February 17th, 2016, 03:37 PM
I see my material on Renee's Instagram!! (Renee of Scriptorium Pens.) She's starting on my Master Scrivener! I'm very excited! :dance3:

rpsyed
February 17th, 2016, 04:33 PM
I see my material on Renee's Instagram!! (Renee of Scriptorium Pens.) She's starting on my Master Scrivener! I'm very excited! :dance3:

Congrats! I'm going to have to take a look at her IG. I think you'll be happy with your Scriptorium =] Renee's nib tuning skills are fantastic. At least, the two nibs I got from her have been flawlessly smooth with good ink flow.

pengeezer
February 17th, 2016, 06:35 PM
Found a website on the other side of the pond that had a Wyvern 60C in a brown herringbone pattern with
a greek key patterned capband(I've decided to try a large British buttonfiller). The celluloid and the color
captured my heart. They're shipping it out on Sat.; I'll probably get it within 2 weeks.

John

fountainpagan
February 18th, 2016, 06:08 AM
A lacquered Ratnamson 302

lowks
February 18th, 2016, 07:09 PM
A Parker 21 and one Fountain K

Miss Fountain Pen
February 19th, 2016, 11:03 AM

Congrats! I'm going to have to take a look at her IG. I think you'll be happy with your Scriptorium =] Renee's nib tuning skills are fantastic. At least, the two nibs I got from her have been flawlessly smooth with good ink flow.

I'm currently glued to Renee's Instagram. :spy: She's making my pen.

fountainpagan
February 19th, 2016, 11:18 AM

I have just looked at it.

It is going to be a stunning pen!!! I can't hardly wait to see it finished. Lucky you.:)

rpsyed
February 19th, 2016, 01:02 PM

The photos are gorgeous! Good choice on the copper bands as well -- it goes perfectly with the material.

This photo (https://www.instagram.com/p/BB-te9OkRxN/), where she shows it just sanded, looks incredible! After she polishes it on her buffing wheel it'll take on an even greater luster =] Can't wait to hear your thoughts on it, after you've received it.

bluesea
February 19th, 2016, 07:20 PM

The photos are gorgeous! Good choice on the copper bands as well -- it goes perfectly with the material.

This photo (https://www.instagram.com/p/BB-te9OkRxN/), where she shows it just sanded, looks incredible! After she polishes it on her buffing wheel it'll take on an even greater luster =] Can't wait to hear your thoughts on it, after you've received it.

That is insane beautiful.

rpsyed
February 19th, 2016, 10:49 PM
A lacquered Ratnamson 302

Ooh, that sounds really cool. What kind/color of lacquer?

zygote
February 19th, 2016, 11:55 PM
Miss Fountain Pen, that is one gorgeous creation! congratulations :)
Today I ordered a Pilot VP that I've been saving for foreeeeevvvveeeerrrr (all of two weeks LOL) and won an attic fresh black Parker 51 Aerometric. It's date code says 51 and the filler inscription indicates it's a Mark II-b so the Blue Diamond cap that's on it is not correct. I bought it to use at work so I'm fine with it being mixed up. For now. :cool:

Miss Fountain Pen
February 20th, 2016, 01:34 AM
She's made it! Here are the links to Renee's photos of my pen:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BB-zYYMkR9F/?taken-by=scriptorium_pens

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lady_tortoise/25040679971/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lady_tortoise/24503259884/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lady_tortoise/24766252359/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lady_tortoise/24838307280/

I can't wait to get this. :bounce:

fountainpagan
February 20th, 2016, 02:29 AM
Wawooo. So beautiful!!

And one day, eventually, you could get a pink gold nib.:)

Congratulations. I am eager to read your impressions about it.

Miss Fountain Pen
February 20th, 2016, 02:37 AM
Wawooo. So beautiful!!

And one day, eventually, you could get a pink gold nib.:)

Congratulations. I am eager to read your impressions about it.

A pink gold nib would indeed go great with this pen, but this pen takes Jowo #6 nibs, and I don't think that Jowo makes pink gold nibs (or at least I've never seen one).

Crazyorange
February 20th, 2016, 04:32 AM

You're the lucky bum getting this beautiful pen. I hope you post pics when you get it. Congrats!!!

fountainpagan
February 20th, 2016, 04:33 AM
I wonder how possible it would be for a jeweler to do a coating with pink gold - Is it technically possible?

Miss Fountain Pen
February 20th, 2016, 05:13 AM

You're the lucky bum getting this beautiful pen. I hope you post pics when you get it. Congrats!!!

Thanks. :)

I might post some pictures so as to show how this pen compares size-wise to some other pens that I have. But Renee's pictures are of far higher quality than mine would be. (I am not particularly skilled with a camera, and I don't have good lights at home.)

Miss Fountain Pen
February 20th, 2016, 05:17 AM
I wonder how possible it would be for a jeweler to do a coating with pink gold - Is it technically possible?

Good question (though I don't see myself getting that done - too much fuss, plus it would ruin the Scriptorium logo on the nib, and I like the logo).

I also wonder if it might make economic sense for Jowo to start producing pink gold plated nibs. As far as their 18K nibs go, they make gold, rhodium-plated, and two-tone (gold with some rhodium) nibs. I wonder if the demand would be there for pink gold...?

fountainpagan
February 20th, 2016, 07:18 AM
I don't think it would be, economically speaking, a viable solution.

It is just that a pink gold, or pink gold coated nib would finish perfectly those Scriptorium Pens that use copper rings and clips... They would be absolutely perfect.

Ahh, it is nice to dream... LOL

pengeezer
February 20th, 2016, 11:47 AM
Just found out that the Wyvern 60C was shipped out today....should get it in a week.

John

gbryal
February 20th, 2016, 11:55 AM
Cool, is it the one Deb just had up on Goodwriters? Wyverns are neat pens.

gbryal
February 20th, 2016, 12:00 PM
Waiting for the Venvstas Carbon V and a Sheaffer 300.

pengeezer
February 20th, 2016, 12:23 PM
Cool, is it the one Deb just had up on Goodwriters? Wyverns are neat pens.

No,this one I found on a website named classic pen engineering(classicpenengineering.com) . I was outbid
on one on ebay which had a silver herringbone pattern w/a hallmarked 9-ct. wide capband,so I decided to
look around for another and found that one.

John

RayCornett
February 26th, 2016, 02:39 PM
I just made two trades. Both include pens I have wanted for the 3 years I have been in the Fountain Pen World. PFM's.

I will be getting a PFM III & PFM IV over the next few days as well as Parker 51 desk pen. I also purchased a 1930s black full size Sheaffer Balance white dot and a Sheaffer Balance Oversize black pearl white dot.......

DASEFnib
February 27th, 2016, 02:59 AM
Sheaffer Snorkel Sentinel...Black/Silver with a F (conical) nib....
The "snorkel" MAY require some work, as it doesn't fill completely...
Otherwise the pen is in GREAT shape...and will be my FIRST vintage Sheaffer!!!
(3/1/16) -- It arrived!!! Needed a GOOD inside cleaning, but it now works PERFECTLY!!:)

Dronak
February 27th, 2016, 12:17 PM
I recently ordered a Pelikan Stola III fountain pen, which also seems to go by the model number P16, so I'm waiting on that now. This is sort of a replacement for my Pelikan Pharo, because it doesn't seem to write very well anymore for whatever reason. I thought about other Pelikan models, but most are too expensive for me right now. The Stola III is in a lower price range though, and I could swing that plus some ink cartridges to go with it. :)

Avalona
February 28th, 2016, 07:36 AM
I just ordered a Sailor Lecoule Power Stone. I was looking around for another Sailor Clear Candy is and somehow it brought me to those (Clear Candies seem to be discontinued). I started using my Clear Candy again and I love the nib, and the Lecoule has the same nib.

I'm also trying to decide if I really want the older models of the Pelikan Pelikano Junior that I spotted on Peyton Street Pens. All three pens (including the Lecoule) aren't any massive sum of money or anything, I just don't know if buying that many pens at once is overkill or not.

Empty_of_Clouds
February 28th, 2016, 02:58 PM
Just received a Matador Express with an allegedly semiflexible italic nib. However, I think the nib has been sprung at some time and restraightened, and now if you gently press on it there is a clicking sound. Grounds for a return and refund do you think?

cpt000
February 29th, 2016, 02:55 PM
Picked up a Delta Italiana from the buy/sell section and also an Italix Parson's.

cwent2
March 1st, 2016, 04:12 PM
The Edison Pen Co Has Shipped a Package To You!
Pin to the inboxSnooze until…Mark doneMove to…

Edison Pen Co to me
Show more
12:17 PM
Your LE Mina is on the way!

Allow me to thank you for your patience. In the initial blog post, I estimated that this project would take 2 – 4 months. The way that we usually do our time estimates is to under-promise and over-deliver. However, we took just about exactly 4 months to finish this project. So we still made our delivery estimates, but I really prefer to be way ahead of our estimates. Bottom line, our Holiday rush really caught us off guard this year. In the future, we’ll avoid these projects over the Holidays.

Your tracking information is below.

Thanks for your business and have a great day!

Best regards,

unknown.jpg

Brian Gray

RayCornett
March 5th, 2016, 09:51 AM
This is only my second fully restored pen purchase. I don't really buy those, unless they're from my repair/restoration mentor Sean Nicholson.

Sheaffer OverSize Balance Pearl/Black 1934 Model Long Ball Clip Short Section Flat Feed 14k Monotone Fine Serialed Lifetime Nib!

Greypix
March 7th, 2016, 05:36 AM
Currently waiting on a Conid bulkfiller flat top demonstrator with a couple of titanium stubs.

Been on my wish list for a long time and it will probably be my last purchase for a loooooonger time.

Silverbreeze
March 7th, 2016, 05:49 AM
Currently waiting on a Conid bulkfiller flat top demonstrator with a couple of titanium stubs.

Been on my wish list for a long time and it will probably be my last purchase for a loooooonger time.

Please keep us up to date on your opinions with that pen

Greypix
March 7th, 2016, 07:05 AM
Will do.

TSherbs
March 7th, 2016, 07:36 AM
some Jinhaos that I will practice some nib-grinding on this spring

Sandy Fry
March 8th, 2016, 09:38 PM
Waiting for my first Pelikan...a 1957 400NN in Tortoise shell bought from the classifieds here.

David

distracted_mom
March 8th, 2016, 10:35 PM
I am waiting for three that I sent off to an old college friend for repair.
(^^^ Shannon is terrified of working on pens.)

1. Sheaffer Flattop (https://www.flickr.com/photos/shanleigh1973/albums/72157631888359988) with a Lifetime nib that pre-dates the white dot. My research says 1924-ish. Anyone have any better info? My husband found it in a box of tile in our garage.
2. A mid-50's Sheaffer Snorkel that belonged to my grandfather
3. A Parker VS (1947) that I got in a batch of pens from an estate sale.

They are all older than I am!

LittleRedHen
March 9th, 2016, 06:41 AM
I ordered a Noodler's Neponset...with a music nib. It arrives tomorrow, according to the tracking. Never used a music nib before...super excited!

Titivillus
March 9th, 2016, 11:52 AM
Stonewashed blue Kaweco FP. I bought a sports in Singapore and while looking for a clip found this pen...maybe tomorrow it will arrive.

RayCornett
March 10th, 2016, 01:08 PM
Montblanc Starwalker Platinum black resin and Stylomine 303 will arrive tomorrow. 1946 Parker 51 and an Aurora Ipsilon will arrive next week.

Terie_Benjamin
March 10th, 2016, 02:15 PM
I'm waiting on a custom aileron and twsbi 580al medium nib

Pickwick
March 11th, 2016, 12:41 PM
An extra fine twsbi eco. this will be my first extra fine nib. I'm absolutely bursting with excitement! next week cannot get here soon enough!

DASEFnib
March 12th, 2016, 02:46 AM
Esterbrook Model A Dollar pen (Red) w/1550 (Firm EF) nib!!!
Expected in early next week!!!:)

Always try to get the dibs...on fountain pens with EF nibs!!

inklord
March 12th, 2016, 02:53 PM
The Sailor Professional Gear 'Earth' with a 'medium' 21k nib. Delivery will begin in July. A bit of a wait, but judging from other Sailor pens it will well be worth it! I somewhat vowed that I'd not consider any other pens between now and its arrival, with the possible exception of the Lamy 2000 50th anniversary (if that ever comes about and is at all interesting).

RayCornett
March 13th, 2016, 07:24 PM
Mabie Todd Swan leverless 4260. My second of this type. My first one still needs parts.

Mags
March 14th, 2016, 03:43 AM
A ASA Galactic

HoLmeslice
March 14th, 2016, 01:57 PM
I ordered a Franklin Christoph model 02, PenChalet variant, which should have been at my house this past Sat. The great news is that it is in my mail box today!

Crazyorange
March 15th, 2016, 11:51 AM
I ordered a Franklin Christoph model 02, PenChalet variant, which should have been at my house this past Sat. The great news is that it is in my mail box today!

Ooohhhh.....post pics please :)

HoLmeslice
March 16th, 2016, 08:29 AM

Gladly! This variation is colored in bronze and black, and it looks fantastic. I currently have plenty of clear demonstrator pens (thanks TWSBI), so the slightly smoked color on this pen adds some interesting contrast to my collection. This is my first pen from the brand, and it's pretty safe to state it certainly won't be my last.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160316/491fbd39e30cd7ffbbbae730058c826f.jpg
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160316/510389da5417a303bf9aef11ec7da46c.jpg
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160316/8873cd56144d277137e1f30023012a7e.jpg
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160316/03b4592a70d2d3b0a554c419ebd733d7.jpg

sgtstretch
March 17th, 2016, 11:14 AM

Gladly! This variation is colored in bronze and black, and it looks fantastic. I currently have plenty of clear demonstrator pens (thanks TWSBI), so the slightly smoked color on this pen adds some interesting contrast to my collection. This is my first pen from the brand, and it's pretty safe to state it certainly won't be my last.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160316/491fbd39e30cd7ffbbbae730058c826f.jpg
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160316/510389da5417a303bf9aef11ec7da46c.jpg
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160316/8873cd56144d277137e1f30023012a7e.jpg
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160316/03b4592a70d2d3b0a554c419ebd733d7.jpg

Looks very nice! Wonder Pens in Canada has the Model 20 in this color. I've thought about picking one up.

bluesea
March 18th, 2016, 08:59 PM
Just ordered a Ranga 2C for the purpose of converting it to the Zebra G. I plan to attempt to carve the feed, as that imho is the more practical way to do this as opposed to grinding, bending the nib at every replacement. Not that in the end this will be a trouble-free pen regularly switching through nibs, but it eliminates the metal work.

DASEFnib
March 19th, 2016, 02:42 AM
Just ordered a Pelikan M800 Grand Place with EF nib (of course!!!!:))....
491 Euros from Italy....Sorry, Uncle Sam --- but when I can save well over $100 on a purchase, for the EXACT SAME ITEM....
Ciao, amici!!;)

top pen
March 19th, 2016, 02:31 PM
deja vu. Discovered that the Balance line had been discounted a few months ago. My first one I ended up returning (the one in the photo) however I know I would be kicking myself if I didn't re-buy one in a few years when they are as hard as hard as hens teeth to find. I just love the design.

carlos.q
March 19th, 2016, 03:32 PM
I am waiting for this beauty: the 2016 Pentrace Numbered Edition. If you want one you better hurry because the deadline for ordering your pen is March 31.

Scooby921
March 21st, 2016, 12:54 PM
I just ordered a pair of TWSBI 580AL's from Pendleton Brown. One with a medium BLS and the other with a broad BLS. I decided I really, really enjoy writing with cursive italics, so these will be coming into the collection as a couple non-italic pens find their way out (when I remember to list them in the classifieds).

bluesea
March 21st, 2016, 01:58 PM
I am waiting for this beauty: the 2016 Pentrace Numbered Edition. If you want one you better hurry because the deadline for ordering your pen is March 31.

Classy.

VertOlive
April 2nd, 2016, 05:44 PM
Desiderata Daedalus incoming!

bulbboy
April 2nd, 2016, 06:51 PM
My first Montblanc (a 146) should be here next week!

SeminarianMike
April 2nd, 2016, 07:20 PM
I'm waiting to get my Visconti Homo sapiens steel age back from Coles of London

Crazyorange
April 3rd, 2016, 05:53 PM
I'm waiting to get my Visconti Homo sapiens steel age back from Coles of London

What happened to it?

Darkbulb
April 3rd, 2016, 07:08 PM
I'm waiting for me to find a Parker 51 aerometric w/ EF/F nib in user condition that I can buy :)

Runnin_Ute
April 3rd, 2016, 08:40 PM
I have a Pelikan M150 on its way to me.

penwash
April 3rd, 2016, 08:56 PM
I'm waiting for a red CHI

cwent2
April 6th, 2016, 05:37 PM
Namisu Nova Titanium Medium Titanium nib

fqgouvea
April 6th, 2016, 06:09 PM
Namisu Nova Titanium Medium Titanium nib

I'm waiting for an aluminum version of this one. Sometime soon, I hope!

DASEFnib
April 7th, 2016, 02:46 AM
Waiting on a Platinum 3776 #65 Jupiter Marble Ebonite with Ultra Extra Fine nib....!!
Price was too good to pass up!!:)
A Pelikan M205 Blue Demonstrator should "come to roost" here later today!!

Always try to get the dibs...on fountain pens with EF nibs!!

Miss Fountain Pen
April 7th, 2016, 04:18 AM
Yesterday, Brian sent me an e-mail with pictures (see below) of my pen: my Huron is ready and on its way! :bounce: The nib is an 18K medium cursive italic (custom ground).

In the meanwhile, my Nakaya Briarwood (dark matte with a medium soft nib) has been sitting in customs for the past ten days. I'm starting to worry that something went wrong. :noidea:

Edited for spelling.

fountainpagan
April 7th, 2016, 04:29 AM
Very beautiful ebonite.

I find it looks a little as the Romillo #9, with a clip.

Still. A very nice pen.:)

rpsyed
April 8th, 2016, 04:39 PM
Yesterday, Brian sent me an e-mail with pictures (see below) of my pen: my Huron is ready and on its way! :bounce: The nib is an 18K medium cursive italic (custom ground).

In the meanwhile, my Nakaya Briarwood (dark matte with a medium soft nib) has been sitting in customs for the past ten days. I'm starting to worry that something went wrong. :noidea:

Edited for spelling.
Ooh, the Huron is gorgeous!

Very beautiful ebonite.

I find it looks a little as the Romillo #9, with a clip.

Still. A very nice pen.:)

You're right! It does have a similar profile to the Romillo Essential #9, now that I look closely at it.

rpsyed
April 10th, 2016, 02:06 PM
Well, I may be crazy, but I just ordered a second Danitrio Flat-Top Mikado, without clip, in Shu (red) Roiro-Migaki, with a fine nib. I already have a Ao (blue) Roiro-Migaki Flat-Top Mikado and have long wanted another Danitrio. Sho-Genkai wasn't available in the plain finishes at the moment, and I'm most interested in the #8 nibs, flat-top, and eyedropper filling system. That left the Flat-Top Mikado, as the Genkai and Junikaku are just crazy big.

So it'll be this shape ...

http://i.imgur.com/D9Vs62v.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/qnhp5uZ.jpg

But in the bright red Roiro-Migaki urushi, like this ...

http://i.imgur.com/R4PtegW.jpg

I can't wait!

I initially thought about getting it with the Hanazono Grass Green urushi, but I have a black/green mottled Romillo and a green celluloid Hakase on order so I figured I'd branch out for more variety.

http://danitrio.com/hanazono/GN-210.jpg

That grass green is really pretty though ... maybe next year.

http://www.danitrio.com/hanazono/GN-202.jpg

The Hanazono Gingko is gorgeous too! Some really unique urushi colors in the Hanazono collection.

So currently waiting on three pens. A black/green mottled Romillo Narcea #9 due later this month, a green celluloid Hakase due in January 2017, and a Danitrio Flat-Top Mikado in Shu Roiro-Migaki due in a week or two.