PDA

View Full Version : What Pens(s) Are You Waiting For?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15

Empty_of_Clouds
March 14th, 2019, 01:29 PM
I've moved this discussion over into the repair forum so as to not derail this thread any more.

Cyril
March 16th, 2019, 02:53 PM
Won the bids on
*WATERMAN'S 52 BCHR *Vintage Waterman 52 in Black Chased Hard Rubber with Solid 9ct Gold Barrel Bands.
*WATERMAN'S EYE DROPPER Vintage Waterman 14 in Black Chased Hard Rubber. with gold Bands.
I am very thrilled to see these pens.:cool:

Portrait
March 17th, 2019, 04:30 PM
Just receive a Pilot Custom Heritage 91 SFM which writes absolutely beautiful. Still waiting for Namiki Falcon Broad nib and Platinum Century 3776.

calamus
March 22nd, 2019, 03:41 PM
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/vbwAAOSwOgdYwYbT/s-l1600.jpg

Just ordered this white Pelikan M205 from Germany. I've been thinking about getting a Pelikan for ages, and I'm finally pulling the trigger on one. Up until now I've been getting mostly Japanese pens, but a Lamy and a Nemosine found their ways into my hands recently, and now I want to explore German nibs.

Nice. I have an M205 on my shortlist as well. Would you mind posting where you purchased from and, also, a brief review? I'd really be interested in hearing how you like it.

I bought it on eBay from missing-pen (aka Rolf Thiel) in Germany. He has a perfect 100% feedback rating. The pen was $119 and change plus $9.95 for shipping to the US. He has all sorts of German pens, new and vintage. I'll be glad to post how I like it once it arrives and I get a chance to try it out.

The Eagle has landed! Day before yesterday (slightly over a week from Germany -- pretty good! Came four days before the first day of the "expect it by" window). Yesterday I inked it with Diamine Havasu Turquoise, one of my favorite inks because I like the color so much. I got a broad nib with the pen, but I also ordered an extra medium for $37.50 to swap out for when I wanted to use the Pelikan but needed a finer nib because I wanted to be able to write smaller. Anyway, I was blown away by the writing experience when I took it on its maiden voyage (wrote a thank you letter for some ink samples junglejim sent me). I'd been using Havasu Turquoise for ages in Japanese pens, and never realized what amazing shading it has because even the 21K broad on my Sailor isn't all that broad. But with that Pelikan B nib it really shows up, and it's gorgeous. Blew me away. and the writing experience was amazing -- the pen felt alive in my hand, is the only way I can describe it. It was almost like it was writing by itself, and all I had to do was hang on. Metaphorically speaking, or course, your mileage may differ, etc. etc. But yeah, I think it was worth every penny, and then some. I'll post a writing sample in the "Thread written entirely in fountain pen" when I get the chance.

fountainpagan
March 24th, 2019, 07:24 AM
I didn't have chinese pens, other than the cheap one I use to try inks that would spoil my good pens.

But this one is a keeper. Just arrived today, Liy Shisan

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/640x480q90/923/c7DSJ7.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/pnc7DSJ7j)

I have alo ordered some Penbbs 267 - I love desk pens, and these one are quite elegant

calamus
April 4th, 2019, 11:42 AM
My pen addiction is getting more serious. I just got that amazing Pelikan less than two weeks ago, and today I broke down and bought a Parker Duofold Junior from Deb. Couldn't help myself. I may need outside intervention...

https://i.imgur.com/aWmW7rD.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/sr4oYP6.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/OCx9MhH.jpg

For less than £50! How does she do it?????

Ruyi
April 13th, 2019, 12:55 PM
How long has everyone waited for their pens?

Back in May 2013, I fell in love with the Edison Mina model for its subtle curves and sleek lines. At that time, Ernest Shin of Hakumin Urushi Hobo was taking custom orders, so I commissioned him for a custom maki-e version of the pen with lotus and cloud designs. Real life and other matters have happened in between, but long story short:

It is currently April 2019 I am still waiting for my custom Edison Lotus Mina. Last I heard, Ernest was going to redo the maki-e for the lotuses. I know he has long wait times, but 6 years sure is a lot...

Bold2013
April 13th, 2019, 07:54 PM
Stylosuite flex modded noodlers neponset in ebonite.

amk
April 14th, 2019, 11:33 AM
No pens, but a job lot of nibs is coming my way so I'm looking forward to getting to work on some vintage pens in need!

VertOlive
April 14th, 2019, 03:21 PM
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/vbwAAOSwOgdYwYbT/s-l1600.jpg

Just ordered this white Pelikan M205 from Germany. I've been thinking about getting a Pelikan for ages, and I'm finally pulling the trigger on one. Up until now I've been getting mostly Japanese pens, but a Lamy and a Nemosine found their ways into my hands recently, and now I want to explore German nibs.

Congrats--Pelikans are EPIC pens! The broad nib on my Streseman can actually soak through Tomoe River paper with the right ink on board!

Lloyd
April 14th, 2019, 08:59 PM

Back in May 2013, I fell in love with the Edison Mina model for its subtle curves and sleek lines. At that time, Ernest Shin of Hakumin Urushi Hobo was taking custom orders, so I commissioned him for a custom maki-e version of the pen with lotus and cloud designs. Real life and other matters have happened in between, but long story short:

It is currently April 2019 I am still waiting for my custom Edison Lotus Mina. Last I heard, Ernest was going to redo the maki-e for the lotuses. I know he has long wait times, but 6 years sure is a lot...
Something sounds wrong here..

If there are any typos in this post, I blame Tapatalk!

FredRydr
April 15th, 2019, 04:49 AM

Who's got the money?

Ruyi
April 18th, 2019, 12:47 PM
@Lloyd @FredRydr

I paid for the pen back in 2013 as well. I've recently gotten in touch with Ernest and Brian Gray both (as the Mina is an Edison Pens model); things are progressing, albeit slower than I expected. I don't blame Ernest as I commissioned a rather intricate design in terms of maki-e. It will be beautiful once it's done, and I look forward to reviewing it...in earnest.

EDIT: OH no...pings don't work on forums like they do on twitter...

VertOlive
April 18th, 2019, 05:11 PM
Two of three on the way:

https://i.imgur.com/xr6oOz0.jpg?1

240KAR
April 19th, 2019, 05:59 PM
I am waiting on 4 pens...

2 - Conid Regulars
1 - Conid Kingsize
&
1 - Namiki Emperor Vermilion Urushi

No real expected date for any of them, but no worries.. I have other pens to use.

SchaumburgSwan
April 20th, 2019, 04:38 AM
Hi,

two british pens to be restored:
A Mabie Todd Swan 1042 blue marble.
It's incomplete, but hopefully with a fine flex #4 nib that can be saved.
And as a lucky (?) bycatch a green marbled Wyvern 404 (new to me, looks a bit like a Parker 51).

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Mabie-Todd-Schwan-leverless-Pen-039-Fueller-in-blau-marmoriert-Finish-plus-andere-/133015657644?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&autorefresh=true&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=eOUAyAv5N6bDdJ9aJoIyli%252Fwgys%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc

Best
Jens

AndyLogan
April 20th, 2019, 01:05 PM
A James Dean from LCdC, apparently shipped on 15th of April.

VertOlive
April 26th, 2019, 06:26 AM
Oh heck. The two pastel Safaris arrived and I had to go back and get the third. Officially starting a Safari Collection going forward.

RWS
April 29th, 2019, 11:29 AM
I have been a good boy recently, and only have 3 pens on order...

Matthieu Faivet is making me a pen in Polyamide, as seen in his video trying to destroy it. Using a winder from an old watch as a roll stop, neat idea.

The Worcester Pen Co is sending a bright red Delrin pen, with gecko roll stop.

And I have just ordered a Soubriquet made from Dymalux from Desiderata.

I really must stop buying pens.

michaeldoleman
May 3rd, 2019, 01:14 PM
Just ordered:

Opus 88 Koloro in the blue/tan variation, just because I have really been wanting to have a dropper-fill pen in my clutches. Looks like a lot of fun, though I am not expecting miracles in terms of writing quality...

Lamy CP1 from Dan Smith, to be modded into a cursive italic, because I want something a little thinner and more subtle than my Al-star 1.1 stub

(Oh, and some ink and paper, too)

:-)

Ray-VIgo
May 3rd, 2019, 10:07 PM
A couple old Sheaffers with broken levers that need repair. One is a '40s Crest and the other is a military clip Balance.

I'm usually waiting on some old estate sale/junker pen at any given time. I've reached the point where I just enjoy sitting down and fixing old pens, at least the ones within my ability to fix. If they suit my way of writing, I keep them. If not, I sell them and use the money from selling the repaired pen to search for other junkers. I write best with nibs that lack character - really firm, really smooth mediums or fines. I love solid, smooth-writing pens I can use at the office.

But it's more just a low-level hobby. I usually sell at-cost to me (the pen price, plus my materials). I don't really make anything off the pens, maybe break even. But I enjoy getting projects in the mail and fixing stuff up that wasn't working right when I got it.

I enjoy the old Touchdowns and lever fillers the most. The old Parker button fillers are not bad either, but I'm more of a Sheaffer person.

I will say replacing the levers is going to be a bit of a pain, but they weren't expensive. And I do miss going to pen shows and digging through parts bins to complete projects on my desk. I love taking a pile of parts and turning them into a working pen. But I haven't had a chance to get to a show in a couple years now.

VertOlive
May 8th, 2019, 06:46 AM
Lamy Joy 1.5 in the new white and red offering.

Linger
May 18th, 2019, 01:27 PM
I am waiting for quite a lot actually. Five pieces in total, some on short term, some on longer term, but most anticipated (as in on the shortest term) is the Sailor Pro Gear Ocean.

azkid
May 19th, 2019, 12:13 AM
My first Pelikan is inbound, a black M205.

RWS
May 26th, 2019, 09:18 AM
Pelikan M205s are brilliant, azkid. I have a brown demonstrator and love it.

My Matthieu Faivet polyamide and Worcester Pen Co delrin pens have arrived. Beautiful both. And I believe the Desiderata Soubriquet pen has arrived at my PPSF (Pacific Pen Storage Facility).

So what do I do? Order three more, that's what I do.

A pen from teodormircea in a very unusual material. All will be revealed later.

A used Lamy Lady Rosenthal porcelain pen from a dealer in Paris. I have probably overpaid, but I lost the exact same model in the 1990s and have missed it ever since. Why do pen makers us the label "Lady" for their pens? It just cuts the potential market by 50%.

A NOS Stipula Davina from a dealer in Spain. Just for the fun of it.

I must dash now - lots of pen dealers' websites to browse.

rodzilla1126
May 26th, 2019, 10:04 AM
My Conid Regular Bulkfiller!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RWS
May 26th, 2019, 11:20 AM
I am still resisting ordering a Conid pen. Order now and get it at the end of August!

Or order an AntwerpPen in orange and get it now, but pay a bit more.

silverlifter
May 26th, 2019, 12:11 PM
I am still resisting ordering a Conid pen. Order now and get it at the end of August!

The longer you resist, the longer the wait.

Mine is due at the end of July (which I am resigned to believe probably means the end of August :p)

RWS
June 10th, 2019, 11:52 PM
Oh dear, I just woke up and remembered that yesterday I ordered an Onoto plunger filler with Henry Simpole silver overlay from Bespoke British Pens.

azkid
June 18th, 2019, 12:44 PM
Three Parker 21s inbound. I broke the feed on my only 21. Wanted to try and get more experience working on this model.

RWS
June 26th, 2019, 12:54 AM
A Lamy Dialog 3. I seem to be on a theme of retractable pens at present. I keep looking at the Visconti Pininfarina which looks fascinating, but is very expensive even at New Old Stock prices, and appears to be a bit uncomfortable to hold. It even makes the Montblanc 1912 reasonably priced.

My Henry Simpole covered Onoto hasn't arrived yet.

TAYLORPUPPY
July 1st, 2019, 04:27 PM
A Lamy Dialog 3. I seem to be on a theme of retractable pens at present. I keep looking at the Visconti Pininfarina which looks fascinating, but is very expensive even at New Old Stock prices, and appears to be a bit uncomfortable to hold. It even makes the Montblanc 1912 reasonably priced.

It’s not uncomfortable at all to use.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RWS
July 2nd, 2019, 05:30 AM
Thank you TAYLORPUPPY for the information. I look forward to getting my hands on one and finding out for myself. If only they were a bit more reasonably priced.

The Dialog and Onoto have arrived, so no pens outstanding at present. I must rectify that.

leprechaun
July 2nd, 2019, 02:37 PM
Still waiting on my pre-order Pelikan M805 Blue Dunes...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

countrydirt
July 2nd, 2019, 03:28 PM
Lamy Studio with gold EF nib

Lady Onogaro
July 2nd, 2019, 08:17 PM
Not a thing, thank goodness--not even ink!

azkid
July 3rd, 2019, 12:58 PM
Found a fair deal on a red Duofold Junior.

For making more dip pen holders: a wood turning tool rest, radius turner, live center and mill vise for my Taig Micro Lathe.

ChrisJ
July 11th, 2019, 03:58 PM
Waiting for my Conid Bulkfiller

Ordered back in March and now 5 weeks after the original estimated shipping date ... :cry:

silverlifter
July 11th, 2019, 05:37 PM

Ordered back in March and now 5 weeks after the original estimated shipping date ... :cry:

Ouch! I guess my April order is sliding towards 2020 then... :(

Zou
July 12th, 2019, 06:55 PM
I had ordered a Realo from an Amazon seller I'd used before. When it was three weeks past max estimation, I asked for a refund and got it, with the request that I repay the money when it did finally arrive slowly but surely. A funny exchange, since another month has gone by. I think $320 CAD was just too good a deal and they didn't push it through. Or perhaps it got stuck in customs hell, or nicked by a neighbor. Glad I'm not out 300 bucks though, in the end I used that money to go on a little shopping spree and buy some books. I'll be a little miffed if it does arrive and my conscience turns that shopping spree into a bigger one than I thought. Now you know my strange tale, post this in 10 other threads or your mail will never arrive either!

penwash
July 12th, 2019, 09:23 PM
Not waiting for a pen this time, but something that hopefully will get me more consistent pen photos.

TAYLORPUPPY
July 13th, 2019, 12:44 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190713/cd8c001b11a0befdc0b84ebd78ccca85.jpg
I love the pen but not the long name. I got it yesterday from Tom Oddo at GoldSpot pens. He’s a great guy to do business with

TAYLORPUPPY
July 13th, 2019, 12:47 PM
My birthday is in a few weeks. I asked my wife for the Visconti Blue Divina. Oversize with broad nib

penwash
July 13th, 2019, 12:55 PM
I love the pen but not the long name. I got it yesterday from Tom Oddo at GoldSpot pens. He’s a great guy to do business with

What material? And is that a button filler?

RWS
July 14th, 2019, 03:40 AM
A Stypen Up from portual to add to my retractable pens.

And a Piedimonte Pen Design GB 1 to add to my retractable pens.

And a Piedimonte Pen Design Lisa demonstrator because I like the idea of a magnetic piston filler.

thirdtimelucky
July 14th, 2019, 12:58 PM
Hopefully, I am going to get my Parker Duofold Senior and Watermans Ideal back from repair this week! They've been with Peter Twydle. The Duofold in particular is my favourite, but it had a leak which was making it unusable. I am looking forward to trying it sorted out.

heymatthew
July 14th, 2019, 01:30 PM
Currently waiting on a trio of Sailors:

Purple Cosmos Pro Gear Slim
Lavender Pro Gear (Wancher)
Clear Demo Pro Gear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Chrissy
July 14th, 2019, 02:12 PM
I'm waiting for an expensive repair to my Montblanc Virginia Woolf WE pen. Due to getting inky fingers while writing, I searched for and found a couple of hairlines in the grip section or 'feeder case" as Montblanc tend to call it. The guy in the boutique that I usually use suggested replacing the feeder case should cost the same as a level one service, i.e. approximately £60.

While I was away on holiday I received a message saying that Montblanc in Hamburg had quoted £353.:faint: According to them the Woolf barrel and section is one piece, so that complete part must be replaced. I'm going to end up paying £295 for the part, and the boutique is paying for the level one service.

I mentioned my concern that the replacement new barrel will need to match the original cap, but was advised that there is no way it will leave Hamburg unless it does. Fingers crossed. :blink:

fountainpenkid
July 17th, 2019, 01:24 PM
Black 1950s Montblanc 144.

ChrisJ
July 19th, 2019, 11:34 AM

Ouch! I guess my April order is sliding towards 2020 then... :(

Just heard that mine is on its way !!! :applause: so yours shouldn't be too much longer I guess (My Conid order was right at the end of March)

stoutreader
July 19th, 2019, 01:08 PM
Older Montblanc 144 and a Pelikan M600 and K600 Red/Black Sovereign FP/BP set. Bought the Pelikans separately but will combine to make a great set. Also a bottle of iroshizuku Shin-kai ink and a bottle of Aurora Blue ink. If the Aurora blue is a beautiful as their black I will be extremely pleased!

silverlifter
July 19th, 2019, 04:05 PM
My Conid Minimalistica just shipped...

TWO WEEKS EARLY :jaw:

FredRydr
July 20th, 2019, 02:53 PM
My beloved big EF flex Sheaffer nib, now parked in an oversize ebonite pearl Balance, finally came back this week after my favorite professional pensmith solved a tine alignment problem that had vexed me. It turned out the feed was to blame!

FredRydr
July 20th, 2019, 02:56 PM
My Conid Minimalistica....
Has Conid adopted a new logo? It looks like something that Dutch artist E.C. Escher might have drawn.

Oh! It's called a Penrose Triangle. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penrose_triangle

silverlifter
July 20th, 2019, 03:07 PM
My Conid Minimalistica....
Has Conid adopted a new logo? It looks like something that Dutch artist E.C. Escher might have drawn.

Oh! It's called a Penrose Triangle. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penrose_triangle

Yes. I had it engraved on the clip. I'm a fan of Penrose and Escher, and the triangle in particular (it was on the cover of the GEB edition I read when I was younger, it made quite an impression on me).

TAYLORPUPPY
July 21st, 2019, 06:29 PM

What material? And is that a button filler?

It’s not a button filler. It’s a c/c filler. They just made it so the blind cap can be unscrewed and you can fill it they way. I think the material is aluminum with a black matte paint finish. I have to admit, I don’t know what a button filler is. I think it’s plastic, not aluminum. Here another pic. Oh yeah, the nib is steel. I broke my rule about buying only gold nibbed pens.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190722/8d3e7d3c03775265e4ff59be83a3288c.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190722/1bd5302977625bb96511f39c9b0f80d9.jpg

TAYLORPUPPY
July 23rd, 2019, 05:18 PM
My birthday is in a few weeks. I asked my wife for the Visconti Blue Divina. Oversize with broad nib

I’m not supposed to know that it’s here but I saw it. She didn’t hide it very well. I wasn’t looking for it but I stumbled across it. I’ll post some pics on Saturday.

TAYLORPUPPY
July 23rd, 2019, 05:23 PM

If you’ve been looking at the Visconti Pininfarina, it looks even nicer in real life. The retracting mechanism works fine. Maybe this will push you over the edge.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190723/e25b70714aa516e64857b57c9bf90b83.jpg

Linger
July 27th, 2019, 12:50 PM
I am waiting for (in expected order of delivered happiness) a Namiki (soon-ish), a Nakaya (around year-end), and a Hakase (summer next year).

cpatti@du.edu
July 27th, 2019, 12:50 PM
Yep...have an Omas 360 Magnum fountain pen and matching ballpoint coming soon. First Omas pen so hope I like it.

TAYLORPUPPY
July 30th, 2019, 07:02 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190731/6de805f4348e0a997d6ab501ca725329.jpg
The wait is over.

amk
July 31st, 2019, 06:15 AM
I've just acquired a Petrarque king size in red cherry acrylic from the Fred Faggionato succession sale. It might be my last ever chance to get a Faggionato ... couldn't let it slip.

Fred was a French maker of really lovely fountain pens who sadly died earlier this year.

Jon Szanto
October 27th, 2019, 04:38 PM
Well, I've semi-casually wanted one of these pens for a while. Lo and behold, a *set* popped up with a very gentle BIN price and I clicked. It was only after I had ordered it that I noticed it comes from less than 10 miles away from me!

https://i.imgur.com/7Fdu6Keh.jpg

Empty_of_Clouds
October 27th, 2019, 08:34 PM
Confess I've been on a bit of a splurge lately, in the vintage market.

First expected to arrive is this:
https://i.imgur.com/jFxDDysl.jpg

A Waterman's W5 in "... near mint condition , blemish free" as noted in the description.

Then, if the post goes according to schedule, this should arrive:

https://i.imgur.com/bRjiPD0l.jpg

A Sheaffer Balance. This one is 5 3/8 inches long, so I guess this is a standard size.

Thirdly, a second tilt at getting a suitable woodgrain pen, thus:

https://i.imgur.com/rqXWVu1l.jpg

Some kind of weird sub-brand called "Accurate" (never heard of it before). An oversized pen apparently.

Finally, the Parker 51 which is coming as a set with a weird pencil, like this:

https://i.imgur.com/4GWwWFtl.jpg

Oh and this includes this (which I have no idea what it is):

https://i.imgur.com/tqRM11Jl.jpg

Unrestrained spending, I know, and no doubt some (or even all) of these may end up being sold on, but there it is.

silverlifter
October 27th, 2019, 11:30 PM
This one!

Empty_of_Clouds
October 27th, 2019, 11:44 PM
Custom pen with Pelikan nib(?). Who is the maker? Guessing Edison (but it's a wild guess). Material is Dartmoor by Conway Stewart. It's a material I personally connect with as it represents my home area - a unique landscape steeped in myth and lore.

silverlifter
October 28th, 2019, 12:14 AM
Yes, made by Manoj at Fosfor. A King of Pen clone, but a Vac filler, in CS Dartmoor, with sterling silver furniture and an M1000 nib.

It should arrive this week and, after waiting for well over a year, I am really looking forward to inking it up.

Empty_of_Clouds
October 28th, 2019, 02:20 AM
That's interesting, because my custom pen is also inspired by the KoP (with a slightly longer section), same material, but not made by the same person (and just a cartridge/converter/eyedropper filler). The extra expense of such a nib as the M1000 would make me think long and hard, but that's just me (and I have no exposure to such nibs, so couldn't sensibly make such a decision). Congrats!

penwash
October 28th, 2019, 10:10 AM
Yes, made by Manoj at Fosfor. A King of Pen clone, but a Vac filler, in CS Dartmoor, with sterling silver furniture and an M1000 nib.

It should arrive this week and, after waiting for well over a year, I am really looking forward to inking it up.

Do you have any info on how Fosfor make the vacuum filler? For example what material is being used as the vacuum seal? Or whether the back of the pen can be disassembled should in the future there is a need to replace or repair the filling system?

silverlifter
October 28th, 2019, 11:02 AM

Do you have any info on how Fosfor make the vacuum filler? For example what material is being used as the vacuum seal? Or whether the back of the pen can be disassembled should in the future there is a need to replace or repair the filling system?

I don't have the pen yet, so I can't answer about the materials. But Manoj did include instructions and a diagram for complete disassembly and servicing.

FredRydr
October 28th, 2019, 11:23 AM
Picking up at Columbus Ohio after professional attention:

Conklin "4" crescent-filler BHR ca. 1905
Waterman Ink-Vue silver-ray desk pen ca. 1937
Sheaffer Triumph Vac-Fill carmine ca. 1942 (false alarm - no repair required! Yay!)

Empty_of_Clouds
November 3rd, 2019, 04:37 PM
Two arrivals today.

The Waterman W5 in grey striated material. Possibly one of the most attractive vintage pens I've yet seen. Haven't inked it up yet (still at work) but the nib feels quite soft (not noodly). Just a stunning pen.

Second, the Parker 51 set arrived. Totally blown away here. It's a true dark midnight blue version, and the cap has frosting that looks brand new. Fabulous condition all round. The pencil is apparently one of the "liquid lead" versions, but there is a sealed refill in the original packaging provided, together with all the usual documents that came with the pen when it was new.

Incidentally, the pencil, while having the liquid lead thing going on, looks like it has a clutch mechanism. Does anyone know if you can simply use an appropriate size normal lead refill in it?

Cheers!

ps. just noted that Grammarly has a "Tone Detector" for writing posts. It says this one is 4/5 Formal, 2/5 Admiring, and 1/5 Friendly - for those who are interested in such things. I never thought of my writing as being especially unfriendly, but there it is.:)

silverlifter
November 3rd, 2019, 05:05 PM
ps. just noted that Grammarly has a "Tone Detector" for writing posts. It says this one is 4/5 Formal, 2/5 Admiring, and 1/5 Friendly - for those who are interested in such things. I never thought of my writing as being especially unfriendly, but there it is.:)

I wonder if you included a salutation and signoff if that would bump the score up to 4/5: Something like "Dearly beloved" ... "Warmest regards" :D

conid_plz
April 4th, 2020, 05:54 PM
Two arrivals today.

The Waterman W5 in grey striated material. Possibly one of the most attractive vintage pens I've yet seen. Haven't inked it up yet (still at work) but the nib feels quite soft (not noodly). Just a stunning pen.

Second, the Parker 51 set arrived. Totally blown away here. It's a true dark midnight blue version, and the cap has frosting that looks brand new. Fabulous condition all round. The pencil is apparently one of the "liquid lead" versions, but there is a sealed refill in the original packaging provided, together with all the usual documents that came with the pen when it was new.

Incidentally, the pencil, while having the liquid lead thing going on, looks like it has a clutch mechanism. Does anyone know if you can simply use an appropriate size normal lead refill in it?

Cheers!

I'm guessing it probably partially picking up an enumerated list ("Secondly....)

Anyway...I am waiting on a Conid Minimalistica I ordered in July 2019.

I feel the odds of me ever receiving it are about 1/4.

hogwldfltr
April 5th, 2020, 06:54 AM
This week I've received a Lamy Safari as my first fountain pen since the sixties when I was in junior high school. My second pen is a Pelikan 200 Smokey Quartz for which I'm awaiting an ink shipment. On the radar as incoming are a few more. A LE Jonathan Swift in both FP and RB, a Starwalker Midnight BP, an older MB GT in Black, and an older MB Monte Rosa with original box from the '70s.

Lady Onogaro
April 5th, 2020, 02:36 PM
I am waiting on two of the "candy" colors of the Lamy pens (some on this list could certainly guess what those colors might be). Also waiting on the Platinum Curidas in clear.

hogwldfltr
April 5th, 2020, 05:04 PM
I am waiting on two of the "candy" colors of the Lamy pens (some on this list could certainly guess what those colors might be). Also waiting on the Platinum Curidas in clear.

My curiosity is piqued; what colors? Stay safe down there!!!

Lady Onogaro
April 5th, 2020, 08:37 PM

Purple and aquamarine. :)

Thank you for the well wishes. I live in Lafayette and we don't have nearly the cases that New Orleans or Shreveport do, though I take the virus very seriously. We do have 229 cases in Lafayette alone and something like 800 in the entire parish, so I am staying at home and not venturing out except for essentials.

hogwldfltr
April 6th, 2020, 04:43 AM

Purple and aquamarine. :)

Thank you for the well wishes. I live in Lafayette and we don't have nearly the cases that New Orleans or Shreveport do, though I take the virus very seriously. We do have 229 cases in Lafayette alone and something like 800 in the entire parish, so I am staying at home and not venturing out except for essentials.

I've been to the university, there, back on a college jaunt from Ohio State the summer before my final year. Loved the Student Union next to the swamp with alligators. Again, stay safe!!!

SchaumburgSwan
April 6th, 2020, 08:02 PM
Hi.

a lapis mabled Mabie Todd Swan Leverless L205/52 made in the early 1930s to be restored.
One of my favourite celluloid colors, a great match to blue-black iron gall inks like the beloved ESSRI. :-)

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Vintage-Fuellfeder-Mabie-Todd-SWAN-Leverless-Pen-/143565225829

Best wishes
Jens

Deb
April 7th, 2020, 02:44 AM
Splendid pen, Jens. Unusual nib, a stub, I think. I'll look forward to seeing that one restored.

SchaumburgSwan
April 7th, 2020, 04:41 AM
Splendid pen, Jens. Unusual nib, a stub, I think. I'll look forward to seeing that one restored.

Hi Deb,

the nib will be interesting. A stub - maybe - this one is longer than my M stub...
Hopefully the twist mechanism is fine.

Best wishes
Jens

Deb
April 7th, 2020, 05:15 AM

Hi Deb,

the nib will be interesting. A stub - maybe - this one is longer than my M stub...
Hopefully the twist mechanism is fine.

Best wishes
Jens

The nib is tapered quite sharply just before the tipping material. Quite unusual. The twist mechanisms have lasted well but they are a difficult repair if they go wrong.

Chrissy
April 7th, 2020, 05:23 AM
I've considered adding the Lamy aquamarine to my collection but eventually decided to wait for a while.

Cyril
April 8th, 2020, 03:59 AM
I am waiting for
-Watermans with a manifold Nib
-Watermans Pink Nib

hogwldfltr
April 8th, 2020, 04:46 AM
Supposedly arriving today by post, an MB Jonathan Swift LE; I'm excitedly waiting for it.

Expected Delivery by
WEDNESDAY
APRIL
by
8:00pm
USPS Premium Tracking™ Available
Status
In-Transit
April 7, 2020

In Transit, Arriving Late

SchaumburgSwan
April 8th, 2020, 04:50 AM
I am waiting for
-Watermans with a manifold Nib
-Watermans Pink Nib

Sounds great!

Best
Jens

SchaumburgSwan
April 8th, 2020, 05:45 AM

The nib is tapered quite sharply just before the tipping material. Quite unusual. The twist mechanisms have lasted well but they are a difficult repair if they go wrong.

Yes, it will be something unusual, maybe even a medium posting nib.

...the pen is on it's way from Swiss now. Let's see what our customs will do and how fast.

Best wishes
Jens

azkid
April 8th, 2020, 08:53 AM
A Sheaffer Touchdown from Fred is out for delivery today!

SchaumburgSwan
April 15th, 2020, 04:40 PM

Dear Deb,

gratulations, you were right. A stub. Between F and M.

Some photos:

Tines are a bit misalligned, the left one is misrotated... no bigger problems

The filling system is fine, just a new sack is needed. :-)

Best wishes
Jens

KBeezie
April 15th, 2020, 10:24 PM
Waiting for a 1940s Eversharp 5th Avenue hooded fountain pen in Burgundy with a gold-filled cap. Hoping it's an earlier model so I don't have to worry about the collar that fits the nib/feed in the later models.

INeedAFinancialAdvisor
April 15th, 2020, 11:04 PM
Waiting for a 1940s Eversharp 5th Avenue hooded fountain pen in Burgundy with a gold-filled cap. Hoping it's an earlier model so I don't have to worry about the collar that fits the nib/feed in the later models.

I find myself strangely drawn to burgundy pens lately. I have a mint condition Burgundy "51" Aero with a M/B nib that I love. I have a Cordovan VAC "51" that is waiting for me to buy the vac tool so I can give it the new diaphragm I've had for almost a year now...

And now that I've started looking at snorkels and touchdowns (triumph nibbed) those burgundy ones sure do look nice...

I hope you get your wish and your 5th Ave is an early model :)

KBeezie
April 16th, 2020, 01:00 AM

I find myself strangely drawn to burgundy pens lately. I have a mint condition Burgundy "51" Aero with a M/B nib that I love. I have a Cordovan VAC "51" that is waiting for me to buy the vac tool so I can give it the new diaphragm I've had for almost a year now...

And now that I've started looking at snorkels and touchdowns (triumph nibbed) those burgundy ones sure do look nice...

I hope you get your wish and your 5th Ave is an early model :)

I used to own a Cordovan 51 Vac, as well as a Burgundy Snorkel (the open nib kind). Also had an Eversharp Skyline in Burgundy, as well as an Eversharp Ventura which was mostly gold-filled, but had a burgundy grip ( http://pens.kbeezie.com/post/eversharp-slim-ventura/ )

Also used to have a burgundy/red Parker 45 with a 14K gold relief nib. https://web.500px.com/photo/139207299/Parker-45-w-14K-Relief-Nib-by-Karl-Blessing/

I'm more of a green/blue fan when I can get em. Would love to get a PFM one day in a nice deep green or blue.

INeedAFinancialAdvisor
April 16th, 2020, 05:06 AM
That 45 is a nice looking pen!

I’d love a snorkel in grey (triumph) and one in blue.

I should probably make sure i actually like them first...

My first one should be here early next week. Black.

Generally i like black pens. They go with any colour ink :)

I’ve tried a dark green PFM. CRAZY SMOOTH NIB

Scrawler
April 16th, 2020, 09:13 AM

Dear Deb,

gratulations, you were right. A stub. Between F and M.

Some photos:

<snip>

Tines are a bit misalligned, the left one is misrotated... no bigger problems

The filling system is fine, just a new sack is needed. :-)

Best wishes
Jens

What a gorgeous signature nib.

KBeezie
April 16th, 2020, 10:26 PM
This just got shipped to me today in trade for my Conklin Crescent Filler.

A Wahl 62B (from the 1919 Catalog, the "B" model being solid 14K gold band), which looks pretty baller.

He's shipping it with the nib and feed already knocked out for me since it is my intention to install my Wahl #2 Semi-flex needlepoint into it and put the firmer more standard Wahl No.2 nib into my smaller metal Wahl 421A.

https://i.imgur.com/3poZg5j.jpg

I'm also getting some gifts in the same package :

https://i.imgur.com/gflJPH5h.png

https://i.imgur.com/eT2KEBch.png

A Red (Celluloid) Swan Leverless

And a second tier branded pen with an amazing looking celluloid pattern.

hogwldfltr
April 18th, 2020, 06:49 PM
This one...

https://i.postimg.cc/mZ8GJSxF/P3177983.jpg

and this one...

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/KUEAAOSw2oVecBdV/s-l1600.jpg

and this one...

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/MwUAAOSwWy5eH7rR/s-l1600.jpg

That's all folks!!!

KBeezie
April 27th, 2020, 04:41 PM
Waiting for this one, was the only bid on it at 17 (but was expecting it to shoot way up just like the two eversharp skylines that tripled in price in the last seconds). They say it's an uncommon Turquoise (I guess what would have been originally called Vista Blue), but I'm betting it's probably Teal Blue and not Vista blue. Definitely too dark to be Aqua.

https://i.imgur.com/KF8RpXG.png

https://i.imgur.com/JJGZj1T.png

Once I get it and everything looks good, I'll probably try to source a 14K nib unit to my liking.

fountainpenkid
April 29th, 2020, 02:16 PM
Faber Castell Intuition Platino in ebony. These seem to be one of very few options for those of us looking to experience a truly wooden fountain pen (one with a wooden *grip section*). I'm not sure how it'll turn out and it was hellishly expensive, but in the end, I couldn't get the with the idea of use-aged wood out of my head. All these years of playing the violin have primed me to appreciate the character ebony takes on with extended finger handling, and the idea of having this experience in a pen, where my own eyes can truly appreciate the wood as I use the object, seems wonderful. I have to give some credit to our fellow FPGeek jar for his encouraging opinions (and photos) of these pens.

youstruckgold
May 2nd, 2020, 10:10 AM
A Platinum Curidas and a Sailor Angels Delight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KBeezie
May 2nd, 2020, 10:24 AM
These may arrive next week... I think I'm done for now (my bank account going 'holy s**t stop'...), but hey... I paid my B&H card off, I was semi-responsible...

https://i.imgur.com/0a0tXmG.jpg

michalk
May 19th, 2020, 07:15 AM
Right now I am waiting for my 3 tsugaru-nuri pens. Thick structural urushi mixed with eggwhite takes 2 weeks to cure. I think I will continue work on them tomorrow. It’s going to be silver powder layer followed by nashiji urushi. And many layers of kuro-roiro.
As for more typical “waiting” - Montblanc 149 Calligraphy, 3 Montblanc 149 for urushi work, two Pelikans M1000 - one mine one commissioned (gold leaf design), and some more pens ;)

RWS
June 21st, 2020, 03:02 PM
I have just ordered a pen from

https://www.tintenschnecke.at/english/about-us/

The lady covers pens in urushi as a hobby.......

I like the fact that she covers everyday pens. I have ordered a Pelikan Twist.

SchaumburgSwan
June 21st, 2020, 03:31 PM
I have just ordered a pen from

https://www.tintenschnecke.at/english/about-us/

The lady covers pens in urushi as a hobby.......

I like the fact that she covers everyday pens. I have ordered a Pelikan Twist.

wow... some very nice urushi/raden pens!

Enjoy and thanks
Jens

ms8109
June 23rd, 2020, 09:28 AM
I ordered, From Wancher, late last week, a Brown Ebonite Urushi FP. Just a few minutes ago, I rec’d an e-mail telling me the pen is on the DHL truck for delivery! I just cannot get over how fast they took care of business, shipping wise!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200623/43571f54addfd59f1d94b1e32a26074c.jpg

WaldenPond
June 25th, 2020, 05:09 PM
softouch - have they updated you on their COVID-19 production timeline? Nibs.com is almost out of stock on Nakaya pens, so I wonder how the Japanese company is handling its orders.

Ole Juul
July 7th, 2020, 04:55 PM
I ordered a second Kaweco Sport yesterday. Same color as the first, so there won't be any surprises there. But today, I ordered a Boston Safety Pen from Goulet. I can't wait to try that! I know I'll be in for a challenge and possibly a surprise.

Robert
July 7th, 2020, 06:11 PM
I finally took the plunge and ordered a Santini Libra Cumberland with silver trim:

http://www.santini-italia.com/libra-cumberland-silver.php

With luck it will be in hand by the end of this month.

penwash
July 7th, 2020, 07:55 PM
I finally took the plunge and ordered a Santini Libra Cumberland with silver trim:

http://www.santini-italia.com/libra-cumberland-silver.php

With luck it will be in hand by the end of this month.

The ebonite Santini pens also have caught my attention.
Do tell us what you think of the pen when you got it.

MarieBM
July 8th, 2020, 07:52 AM
Me too, I purchased a parker 51, a sheaffer snorkel in gray and just purchased a sheaffer triumph - the parker has arrived but the other two I am waiting impatiently for! Can't wait to get my hands on them!
This lockdown lark has been terrible for my adding to my FP collection!!
Hope your pens come soon :-)

Robert
July 8th, 2020, 04:22 PM
Penwash wrote:

"The ebonite Santini pens also have caught my attention.
Do tell us what you think of the pen when you got it."

Will do, Will. I get the Santini newsletter, and today the company announced a new Nonagon model, the Abissi - - very interesting color:

http://www.santini-italia.com/nonagon-abissi.php

I also note that the Santini website appears to have been upgraded somewhat. The "Gold Nibs" link includes some useful information on tipping sizes, which appear to run a tad broader that I would have suspected - good to know if you're contemplating ordering.

carlos.q
July 13th, 2020, 06:04 PM
I promised myself that I would not buy any more pens during the rest of 2020. Then I saw the Leonardo Officina Italiana Momento Zero (quite a mouthful)... in purple ebonite! Of course I caved in. :help:

Ole Juul
July 13th, 2020, 07:09 PM
The wait is over.

Just arrived in the mail: ANOTHER Kaweco Skyline Sport Fox. :)

ChrisJ
July 14th, 2020, 06:42 AM
I've just heard my Eboya Houga Koukuu is about to be shipped , I made the order back in February and I've been very patient over Lockdown , now just the long wait for a parcel from Japan

Robert
July 14th, 2020, 04:46 PM
Update on the Santini Libra: ordered on Sun. July 5th; confirmation pen has been produced/boxed Mon. July 13th; received confirmation today of shipment via UPS - ETA is Thurs. July 16th. I must say that so far I'm impressed with Santini's speed in filling orders and excellent communication.

Xyrium
July 24th, 2020, 08:18 PM
Wow, Robert, very excited for you and that purchase. I look forward to your writing impressions. The Leonardo's have been on my radar a lot lately. So, these Santini's equate to the same verve, with potentially even greater quality. The Libra Ebonite collection looks superb.

Meanwhile, I await a boring black and rhodium Sailor 1911L in F, for note taking and journaling. Sigh......

azkid
July 24th, 2020, 08:48 PM
I promised myself that I would not buy any more pens during the rest of 2020. Then I saw the Leonardo Officina Italiana Momento Zero (quite a mouthful)... in purple ebonite! Of course I caved in. :help:Those are very pretty pens so caving in is to be expected lol

Robert
July 25th, 2020, 06:58 PM
Another update on the Santini Libra. The pen arrived July 16th - just as promised by Santini. The packaging was incredible - black tissue wrapping a 1.3 pound (!) outer wooden box, and within the pen cosseted in a faux soft leather pouch. The ebonite pen was as lovely as I expected . . . but the 18k gold nib didn't write as I had hoped - frequent hard starts and skips with a dry ink flow. So off the pen went to Mike Masuyama, who is my preferred nib meister, for adjustment and grind to a smooth stub. I had planned to send the pen to Mike eventually for nib modification, so this is a case of sooner rather than later.

I will let you know when I get the pen back from Mike and try to post some photos.

Runnin_Ute
July 28th, 2020, 09:22 PM
A Newton Townsend in a dark purple ebonite. Supposed to arrive Friday the 31st.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

NumberSix
July 29th, 2020, 11:46 AM
Okay, I will check back with y'all in a few months, hopefully, with my PenBBS mega order! I couldn't decide which ones to try first, so. . .

https://t44.pixhost.to/thumbs/232/156606569_penbbsorder.jpg (https://pixhost.to/show/232/156606569_penbbsorder.jpg)

NumberSix
July 29th, 2020, 11:49 AM
Coming a little sooner than the PenBBS pens, from various sellers and traders:

Two Parker 21s
Two Parker 51 Demis

And from amazon:

Wingsung 601 - vacumatic, hooded nib
Jinhao 159
Hero 616 (x3)

Chrissy
July 30th, 2020, 04:45 AM
I've recently found a couple of Parker 45's on ebay. One has a B nib and the other looks like it might have a RH Oblique. Fingers crossed that they are both OK :)

Chuck Naill
July 30th, 2020, 09:20 AM
Our dear member Deb had a Conway Stewart 84 that caught my attention just as things were shutting down in March. Earlier this month she and I agreed to try to ship from my native ancestoral land and her home, Scotland, to the US. It's been stuck in Chicago since 7/22.

TFarnon
August 4th, 2020, 07:41 AM
I'm waiting for a Pelikan 120 (a modern one), which should arrive today. I'm waiting for a Conklin crescent filler rainbow limited edition, arrival unknown (hasn't shipped yet). I'm waiting for a Conklin Endura limited edition in abalone, also arrival unknown (hasn't shipped yet). I'm waiting for a Sailor lifetime I just bought from a member here. I'm waiting for an Online and a Platignum, both purchased from ipenstore.com, both hugely marked down. I stress-buy fountain pens. Hey, at least I'm not stress-buying cars or bucket loaders!

ETA: The Pelikan arrived today. It's a lovely, graceful pen. It's not so small that I would call it small, much less tiny, but it has a light, delicate shape. I am very happy with it.

Grand David
August 5th, 2020, 01:38 PM
I'm waiting for:
- Parker 51 Blue Diamond, in his box
- Parker Vacumatic, 1940's, blue diamond, in Grey Pearl
- Sheaffer's Balance, grey marble
- Sheaffer's Statesman, 1952-55
- Sheaffer school, in black.

And I received this monday my first vintage fountain pen, a Parker Vacumatic, Burgundy pearl, Q2 of 1937
It was a little dirty, with an old ink who dyied in. For now, it is in a cup of water, who become blue/green.

I was crazy, and can't stop to buy a nice one. And an another, and, this one too ! and...
No, powered off the computer. The phone too.
Arg !

They are so uncommon in France...

azkid
August 5th, 2020, 07:11 PM
Wow, that's a load of excellent pens there. I don't have any Vacumatic 51's. Yet. :). I have a couple of Vacumatics now and am kind of hooked. I'm working to track down a golden pearl with F or EF in better shape than the beater I have now.

An old bloke
August 5th, 2020, 08:04 PM
This one: 55358

amk
August 6th, 2020, 01:56 AM
You're looking in the wrong places David! I have three Vacs and two 51s from vides-greniers :-)

It only took about ten years of looking. But if you can get to the Puces de Vanves there are sometimes some good Parkers there at pretty good prices.

Grand David
August 6th, 2020, 04:35 AM
You're looking in the wrong places David! I have three Vacs and two 51s from vides-greniers :-)

It only took about ten years of looking. But if you can get to the Puces de Vanves there are sometimes some good Parkers there at pretty good prices.

Vide-grenier, ok, I take good note from your advise ;)
And must of all: I have to accept that it will take a long time to collect a lot of good pens.
"Patience est mère de toute les vertues."

tde44
August 6th, 2020, 07:11 AM
Just ordered my first LAMY - a studio glacier w/fine tip plus extra tips: extra fine & 1.9

crovax
August 10th, 2020, 05:08 AM
I'm waiting for
- Leonardo Officina Italiana Momento Zero Positano Blue since end of may <sigh>. The guys at La Couronne de Comte are desperately waiting for a delivery from italy. They described it as "communication from Leonardo is a little slowl."
- Montblanc 221 (should arrive this week)

azkid
August 10th, 2020, 07:46 PM
I have a couple more Vacumatics on the way.

TFarnon
August 11th, 2020, 12:34 AM
At present I'm waiting for a Pilot Kakuno (clear), a Waterman Phileas Kultur in lurid pink, and three pre-order Conklins: One of the rainbow crescent fill limited editions, one of the abalone/rose gold Enduras, and one of the red Courage pens. All of the Conklins are from Pen Chalet. Of course I want them all yesterdayyyyyyy! But then, I always want pens as soon as I see a picture, so this is not unusual.

Update: the Kakuno and the Waterman have arrived. I thought the Waterman might be interesting (as well as inexpensive), and it has more than lived up to the interesting part. I don't mean that in a bad way. It's far less shiny than the photo, and it looks very plastic. That said, the intact package (blister pack) indicated that it is "soft", whatever that means. A "soft" nib seems to be what it means, and I'll find that out in time. I figure despite the very plastic appearance, it can't be a bad pen. The package also indicated it was made in Switzerland. I have a soft spot for pens made in the German-speaking countries and Scandinavian countries because my very limited experience indicates that they are invariably well-made. I feel the same way about pens made in Japan. And of course I think that most vintage pens were well made, at least once they are restored (if restorations are needed). That's not to say that pens made elsewhere are poorly made. I simply don't have any experience with Italian or French, or Spanish, or Chinese, or Russian, or... So many pens, so little time!

And thinking about "So many pens", suddenly I'm wishing I had any musical talent whatsoever. It would be huge fun to rewrite the Disco anthem "So many men" as "So many pens" and perform it at a future pen show/convention. Alas, it won't be me in that performance. I can't carry a tune in a bucket with two handles. I'm so musically impaired that the one time I tried singing in the shower my cat came racing in and started "singing along". After that, I had no more doubts.

FredRydr
August 11th, 2020, 06:20 AM
I'm waiting for the arrival of a 149 nib and feed.

Cyril
August 13th, 2020, 06:27 AM
A gold plated Vintage Music Nib I bought on a bid on Ebay. :)

NumberSix
August 13th, 2020, 11:19 PM
Three fountain pens right now:

Edison Pearlette (EF)- was supposed to be here Monday, but it seems to have been misrouted through Chicago. It may arrive tomorrow.
Parker 51 Aero, burgundy - ordered from Mainstreet Pens. The most expensive P51 I have purchased, but I anticipate it being in gorgeous shape.*
Aurora Duo Cart, light blue - sale today at Atlas Stationers put this pen almost 25% lower than the usual price everywhere. I have been wanting one for quite some time and finally pulled the trigger.

I also have a NOS stainless steel Jotter ballpoint coming. Don't know the age yet - I am going to guess 1990s. I gave my previous one to my dad and have been jonesing to replace it.*

Cyril
August 14th, 2020, 06:05 PM
Vintage Sterling Silver and Mother of pearl dip pen holder.

Detman101
August 14th, 2020, 07:34 PM
PENBBS-456
Purchased it a week ago.
7 more weeks to go...

Stupid thing is...once it gets here I'll have to send it directly off to a nib-meister for another 3-4 months to be modded into a flex-pen.
Almost a whole bloody year lost for one stupid pen.

Cyril
September 4th, 2020, 11:00 AM
Two Watermans Philia pens (1990) with gold plated M nibs.
Parker( Flatpinted Nib ) vintage ( I don't know the model yet ) very special pen.
Vintage, Swan Tropido leverless pen with a semiflex Italic type pen.
Swan Red marble vintage pencil.

KBeezie
September 5th, 2020, 07:20 AM
This Eversharp Symphony (seller just listed it as an Eversharp pen), which I'm not sure of the generation (1,2,3), but snagged it because the tip looks pretty thick.

https://i.imgur.com/RxTTOGV.png

guyy
September 5th, 2020, 07:29 AM
MB 149 calligraphy, so who knows when it will arrive. It’s been 3 1/2 months already. Before the year is out?

KBeezie
September 5th, 2020, 07:36 AM

A Wahl 62B (from the 1919 Catalog, the "B" model being solid 14K gold band), which looks pretty baller.

He's shipping it with the nib and feed already knocked out for me since it is my intention to install my Wahl #2 Semi-flex needlepoint into it and put the firmer more standard Wahl No.2 nib into my smaller metal Wahl 421A.

And still waiting on these about 5 months later.

TFarnon
September 8th, 2020, 03:25 PM
It's been really stressful at work. And I stress-buy pens. So: I have a Pilot Falcon with extra-fine nib (black/rhodium), a Parker Sonnet Jubilaums Fougere--the black one with the white guilloche/fougere cap, a Faber-Castell Loom in piano black, a Pelikan M150 in black/grey, and a Manuscript in ivory all headed my way. And the Conklin Endura Abalone with rose gold trim that is pre-ordered. I just finished looking over, re-sorting and photographing all my pens. I really don't need any more pens. Like that matters. It was good to see what I have and to maybe figure out a more definite direction to take with collecting. Or maybe my direction is "all".

Detman101
September 8th, 2020, 03:49 PM
Waiting on word of my PenBBS-456 returning to me from the Honeybadger NibMeister.
It's getting a handmade custom flex nib matched to it's Ebonite Feed...it feels like it's been gone so long.
I miss it so...
This Noodlers Ahab is a pale (fragrant) replacement.

Detman101
September 8th, 2020, 03:51 PM

And still waiting on these about 5 months later.

Wait a minute...holdup...5 MONTHS LATER!?!?!
Where's it shipping from, Mars!?!
I'd request a refund on that one...hope you paid through paypal or an insured middleman.
Yikes...

KBeezie
September 8th, 2020, 06:16 PM
Wait a minute...holdup...5 MONTHS LATER!?!?!
Where's it shipping from, Mars!?!
I'd request a refund on that one...hope you paid through paypal or an insured middleman.
Yikes...

Was a trade...and not the first shipment attempt apparently.

Had one successful trade prior.

Edit from Canada to the US

Ole Juul
September 8th, 2020, 09:51 PM
Waiting for another Noodler's Boston Safety Pen. I decided I could use a chestnut as well as the black that I already had. These pens seem to be out of stock everywhere, but I found one last one at Vanness in Arkansas. I got emails for order confirmed and preshipping, but I won't believe it until it's at least left the warehouse. I'm also waiting for the ink that I plan to use in it, which is Noodler's Whalers. I think Whalers is a good match with the chestnut.

I won't say the Noodler's Boston is better than my Montblanc 20 or my Parker 75, but I like writing with it just as much. The ebonite is also a refreshing aesthetic instead of the usual plastics or cheap brass you see so much of. I also like the smell. :)

amk
September 9th, 2020, 01:45 AM
Waiting for three Edison Colliers - the limited editions Metallurgy and Smoke on the Water, and the Pearlised Juniper.

Like London buses, you wait for ages and then three come along at once!

Detman101
September 9th, 2020, 06:51 AM
Waiting for another Noodler's Boston Safety Pen. I decided I could use a chestnut as well as the black that I already had. These pens seem to be out of stock everywhere, but I found one last one at Vanness in Arkansas. I got emails for order confirmed and preshipping, but I won't believe it until it's at least left the warehouse. I'm also waiting for the ink that I plan to use in it, which is Noodler's Whalers. I think Whalers is a good match with the chestnut.

I won't say the Noodler's Boston is better than my Montblanc 20 or my Parker 75, but I like writing with it just as much. The ebonite is also a refreshing aesthetic instead of the usual plastics or cheap brass you see so much of. I also like the smell. :)

Ebonite pens can be eyedroppered, yes?
If I'm not using a metal pen, I prefer demonstrators...but I think I would like an Ebonite pen for my collection.
Wait...did I just say collection???

Oh no...it's happened!

FredRydr
September 9th, 2020, 08:01 AM
...Ebonite pens can be eyedroppered, yes?...
When it comes to conversion to eyedropper-filler, it's not a question of a pen being made of ebonite/hard rubber, but rather what the existing filling system is. For example, a lever-filler pen made of ebonite cannot be made into an eyedropper because of the hole in the side of the barrel to accommodate the lever assembly. On the other hand, an acrylic cartridge/converter (or ebonite or metal or celluloid) pen can typically be made an eyedropper with a smear of sealant on the barrel's threads, because the barrel has no opening in its side. Examples are modern Edison and Franklin-Christoph cartridge/converter pens, which are easily made into eyedroppers.

Ole Juul
September 9th, 2020, 08:15 AM
If I'm not using a metal pen, I prefer demonstrators...but I think I would like an Ebonite pen for my collection.

Oh no...it's happened!

lol "collection" :) I'm not a "collector" either (as such) but I've also got quite a few pens now.

The Noodler's Boston Safety Pen can only be filled by pouring (or eyedroppering) ink into the front end. It's a bit of technical or advanced pen in as much as you don't want to leave it out where someone might try it. If they're not familiar with it they will probably dump all the ink in their lap when they take the cap off - which would be a real waste of good ink. :(

There are lots of videos on the Boston Safety but here is the loooooooooong version from the source:
https://youtu.be/7P7SjOXllkg

Here is another video by Nathan on durability of ebonite:
https://youtu.be/0lNiwUm1JhM

Detman101
September 9th, 2020, 08:38 AM

Oh no...it's happened!

lol "collection" :) I'm not a "collector" either (as such) but I've also got quite a few pens now.

The Noodler's Boston Safety Pen can only be filled by pouring (or eyedroppering) ink into the front end. It's a bit of technical or advanced pen in as much as you don't want to leave it out where someone might try it. If they're not familiar with it they will probably dump all the ink in their lap when they take the cap off - which would be a real waste of good ink. :(

There are lots of videos on the Boston Safety but here is the loooooooooong version from the source:
https://youtu.be/7P7SjOXllkg

Here is another video by Nathan on durability of ebonite:
https://youtu.be/0lNiwUm1JhM

Hahahahaa...omg, that would be the ultimate prank pen!!
I might buy one just for that!!
Leave it around the office and wait for someone to try using it...Bwahahahahah!!!
:haha::rofl:

SlowMovingTarget
September 19th, 2020, 12:18 AM
I just got a small bonus from my company... which means I got a boost to my pen budget all of a sudden. I'm taking the plunge with a Lamy 2000 (EF) and an Edison Collier (F) in Ancient Marble. They're on their way, along with a bottle of Robert Oster Thunderstorm, Noodler's Ink Walnut, and a bunch of samples. I also took the opportunity to grab some 308 cartridges for my Ahab.

Cyril
September 20th, 2020, 03:14 PM
A waterman 92 1/2 with a med fine nib,
A Swan Eyedropper ( need to clean and re set)
Two Swan Mabie- One Leveless and a self filler with semi-flex nibs. One restrored and one need a sac and repaired.
One Swan HR SF with full repair and cleaning.:noidea:

eachan
September 20th, 2020, 04:51 PM
A waterman 92 1/2 with a med fine nib,
A Swan Eyedropper ( need to clean and re set)
Two Swan Mabie- One Leveless and a self filler with semi-flex nibs. One restrored and one need a sac and repaired.
One Swan HR SF with full repair and cleaning.:noidea:

Congratulations! These are great pens!

Tleek
September 20th, 2020, 09:00 PM
I ordered this esterbrook set on eBay yesterday for $22. Hopefully the seller doesn’t mind me using their pics. The pen will be my first Estie and my first restoration. I have a sac and some shellac on route. Pretty pumped to see what kind nib is on there and give the restoration a shot. Both the pen and pencil look to be in great shape cosmetically, but the description was pretty vague.

SlowMovingTarget
September 20th, 2020, 09:28 PM
Those Estebrooks are beautiful pens.

I've been researching those Mabie Todd & Co Swans, too. Maybe one day.

Makes me feel kind of silly ordering new pens.

Chuck Naill
September 21st, 2020, 05:11 AM
I am pleased I started out with Esterbrook and learning to do a practical restoration. These are very affordable, quality writing instruments. And, having access to several replaceable nibs are fun with which to experiment.

KBeezie
September 23rd, 2020, 08:24 AM
I ordered this esterbrook set on eBay yesterday for $22. Hopefully the seller doesn’t mind me using their pics. The pen will be my first Estie and my first restoration. I have a sac and some shellac on route. Pretty pumped to see what kind nib is on there and give the restoration a shot. Both the pen and pencil look to be in great shape cosmetically, but the description was pretty vague.

Got some Talc, and maybe rosin too? (Talc to lightly coat the sac to act as a dry lubricant so it doesn't stick to the inside of the spacer or pressure bar, rosin to seal the grip in the barrel if it's loose without being as hard-to-remove as shellac for that purpose)

At least if the nib is bad or missing, it's not that difficult to pick up a cheap 1551 or similar in the meantime til you find a nice 3xxx/9xxx nib.

You're probably the first person in a while forum-wise that I've seen acquiring it with a matching pencil, vast majority of the time I tends to be the pen by itself.

I am pleased I started out with Esterbrook and learning to do a practical restoration. These are very affordable, quality writing instruments. And, having access to several replaceable nibs are fun with which to experiment.

They used to be on average more often, but over the last couple years, sellers have been asking as much as $40-50 for unrestored copies of the J/LJ/SJ, and in worse wear sometimes, perhaps due to their popularity increase over the years.
If you can get them under $20 for a pen unrestored (or even better in the low teens), then that's where I feel their worth it for a restoration project, seeing as they used to be around $50 restored. (guessing a lot of the sellers see them at $50 restored, and thinking they can sell an unknown condition one for the same)

Detman101
September 23rd, 2020, 11:16 AM
Was waiting on a Penbbs-487, it arrived yesterday. Working beautifully eyedroppered with Kon-Peki.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200923/ab6f9861befeb85724c2e883d0e276fb.jpg

Sent from my LG-M210 using Tapatalk

Chuck Naill
September 24th, 2020, 11:17 AM

They used to be on average more often, but over the last couple years, sellers have been asking as much as $40-50 for unrestored copies of the J/LJ/SJ, and in worse wear sometimes, perhaps due to their popularity increase over the years.
If you can get them under $20 for a pen unrestored (or even better in the low teens), then that's where I feel their worth it for a restoration project, seeing as they used to be around $50 restored. (guessing a lot of the sellers see them at $50 restored, and thinking they can sell an unknown condition one for the same)[/QUOTE]

I don't thini I've paid more than $20 for any Esterbrook and I only started last Fall. Maybe I've bragged on them too much....LOL!!

I paid $18 for both "dollar" pens which is the current equivalent of a dollar in the '30's.

Can't say if I have just been at the right place at the right time or not, but I tend to be patient and not paying too much.

Tleek
September 25th, 2020, 09:33 AM
Got some Talc, and maybe rosin too? (Talc to lightly coat the sac to act as a dry lubricant so it doesn't stick to the inside of the spacer or pressure bar, rosin to seal the grip in the barrel if it's loose without being as hard-to-remove as shellac for that purpose)

At least if the nib is bad or missing, it's not that difficult to pick up a cheap 1551 or similar in the meantime til you find a nice 3xxx/9xxx nib.

You're probably the first person in a while forum-wise that I've seen acquiring it with a matching pencil, vast majority of the time I tends to be the pen by itself.

I don't think Ill need the Rosin, The section was really in there. I eventually got it out after heating it with a hair dryer.
I need to find some talc. Is it really essential? I assume I can always talc it later if I can't find any unscented stuff locally.

I was actually really happy about the pencil. At first I though a spring or something was loose, because the lead would retract but would push back into the pencil when writing. I noticed that someone filled it with .9 lead. They must have left the larger stuff in there because as I clicked through the lead a larger piece began to feed and it holds well. I am going to order some 1.1mm lead for it.

As far as the pen goes, the J bar seems to be in good shape. I cleaned off a little rust. Cosmetically it has some wear and the name "Mary" lightly scratched into the cap. Im 99 percent sure I can sand it off easily. I began too with 1200 grit sandpaper, but don't have anything finer to polish it back up so I stopped.

The nib is a 1555, which is kind of the last nib I was hoping for, but that is okay. It feels really smooth. My sac and shellac should be here tomorrow and I will put everything together when it arrives. Wish me luck!

Hawker800
September 26th, 2020, 08:59 PM
Pelikan M1005 EF.

Jon Szanto
September 26th, 2020, 10:00 PM
Just won a Sheaffer 5-30 in Jadite that appears to be in better condition than my current one. Kinda funny: I won the auction (using a sniper) by $0.20 over the next highest bid.

Tleek
September 27th, 2020, 10:16 AM

I got the new sac on and polished everything up. I’m very pleasantly surprised with the nib. I thought a Gregg nib would be very very fine, but it is smooth and writes well. The restoration was a lot of fun. I love little projects like that.

I had to order another Estie.

In copper this time with a 2668 nib. Unfortunately no pencil to match but I think I’ll survive. I ordered some talc and a new sac for it as well.

Really crazy that you can find these so cheap on eBay.

Cyril
September 28th, 2020, 10:34 AM
Just won three more Swans including a Black Bird.
I think I must stop buying any more!!!! This is too much to select which pen to use!!!:facepalm:

FredRydr
September 28th, 2020, 10:45 AM
...I think I must stop buying any more!!!!...
Good luck with that. :crazy_pilot:

eachan
September 28th, 2020, 12:52 PM
Just won three more Swans including a Black Bird.
I think I must stop buying any more!!!! This is too much to select which pen to use!!!:facepalm:

I hope you enjoy them, Cyril!

wingwiper
September 29th, 2020, 12:27 PM
congratulations.................awe yes- another addicted collector like the rest of us:big_boss:

Cyril
October 5th, 2020, 10:44 AM
I was in a Club of photo and had this Gas Syndrome.. and left it and diverted myself to Pen and Ink Club.
Well I am getting this aftereffect of old habitual Gas disease.

I am waiting for another Swan Pen this time with an unusual broad Italic. So my Syndrome drove me to it as it was a rare nib. ( that was my excuse ).. What is next??:noidea:

tde44
October 8th, 2020, 12:55 PM
Just ordered a Moonman S5 that comes with 3 nibs (F, M, B). Hoping to use it with the broad nib for shimmering ink. Thought it being clear and eyedropper would make it easier to use/keep mixed than shimmering inks in my other FP's.

FredRydr
October 11th, 2020, 05:38 AM
This 1920s flattop Sheaffer 3-25 in "Big Red" orange, restored by Ron Zorn:

SchaumburgSwan
October 11th, 2020, 05:50 AM
This 1920s flattop Sheaffer 3-25 in "Big Red" orange, restored by Ron Zorn:

Hi FredRydr,

:-)

Very nice!

Enjoy and stay well
Jens

FredRydr
October 11th, 2020, 06:11 AM
...Very nice!...
That's what I thought. I might have always wanted one, maybe. ;-)

RWS
October 11th, 2020, 07:32 AM
A couple of pens from https://kayu.cz/en/

A walnut Puro with purple section

And one of their new 130s, looks a bit like the Porsche design P3135 solid titanium pen.

pyiyha
October 16th, 2020, 11:20 PM
Waiting for 1948 Aurora 88 that I picked up from the bay.

silverlifter
October 16th, 2020, 11:35 PM
Now, that is a good looking pen!

pyiyha
October 17th, 2020, 12:59 AM

Thank you for the compliment.
It's my first Aurora and can't wait to ink it up and write with it.

Love all the history behind the pen as well.
http://newpentrace.net/articleGA01.html#:~:text=The%20Aurora%2088%20was%2 0launched,of%20the%20new%20Aurora%20pen.

silverlifter
October 17th, 2020, 01:17 AM

Thank you for the compliment.
It's my first Aurora and can't wait to ink it up and write with it.

I still regret not pulling the trigger on a rose gold one with a fine flex nib some months ago... :p

Empty_of_Clouds
October 17th, 2020, 01:20 AM
Had one, great pen, gave it away. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Harder to find these days, and prices are rising. Nice early example you have there. :)

FredRydr
October 17th, 2020, 06:13 AM
Waiting for 1948 Aurora 88 that I picked up from the bay.
Those are under-appreciated pens, and can be had for not much money.

tde44
October 17th, 2020, 08:56 AM
Two glass dip pens - Herbin

Detman101
October 17th, 2020, 09:01 AM
Penbbs-355 (cloud)
Vintage "American" green marble
5 jinhao nibs to practice on
2 Indian flex nibs to practice on

Sent from my LG-M210 using Tapatalk

pyiyha
October 17th, 2020, 01:10 PM
Getting an itch to compliment this with the modern 88 (one with gold cap and black body just like the vintage one) if I can find one at good price as well...

ms8109
October 18th, 2020, 10:12 AM
Waiting for a Pelikan 101n, in Bright Red and Tortishell. Ca: 2020. From Ink-Pen / Joel Hamilton.

TFarnon
October 25th, 2020, 03:43 AM
I'm waiting for: a Conklin Endura Abalone/rose gold trim; All three colors of the 10th anniversary Platinum Plaisir; a Lamy Accent with a burlwood grip, and a Montegrappa Felicita in sugar pink. Today in the mail I got a Sheaffer Jr. Balance, in ebonized pearl with a gold nib (vintage). Oh, and I'm waiting for a Kaweco Lilliput in Fireblue. I still haven't been able to narrow my focus much. I just buy what appeals when the price seems right. I put my last 24 pens together in a 24-pen case, in random order (pretty much as received). There's no unifying theme other than "fountain pens". Maybe in another decade or so I'll have calmed down a bit and come up with one particular focus, or maybe two or three. I'm also waiting for a pen I haven't purchased yet because I don't even know what it is. I can't decide. At least I have a wishlist.

Update: I found the "another" pen and bought it. A Mabie Todd Swan in blue snakeskin. Yes, it was on my wishlist. I'm excited.

SchaumburgSwan
October 25th, 2020, 09:55 PM
Update: I found the "another" pen and bought it. A Mabie Todd Swan in blue snakeskin. Yes, it was on my wishlist. I'm excited.

Hi,

sounds great, celluloid of the 1930s/1940s is fantastic stuff! :-)

Best wishes
Jens, who was just outbid on a blue snakeskin Swan on english e***...

eachan
October 26th, 2020, 04:38 AM
That's frustrating, Jens. Try, try and try again! I bid on six pens yesterday and got five. The one I didn't get was the one I really, really wanted, of course.

SchaumburgSwan
October 26th, 2020, 07:19 AM
That's frustrating, Jens. Try, try and try again! I bid on six pens yesterday and got five. The one I didn't get was the one I really, really wanted, of course.

Hi Eachan,

five - that's fine and some nice work for long winter days...

There was a pen I really regret not getting, a 1930s L212 with over and under feed - a rare steno nib (in best case)!
It went for under 40 pounds due to bad photos and unrestored condition...

Best wishes
Jens

FredRydr
October 26th, 2020, 07:32 AM
I've been waiting a year for the return of my Waterman Ink-Vue Type 2, which should have a new sac. I know they are finicky, but that's not reasonable, is it? (Rhetorical question.)

SchaumburgSwan
October 26th, 2020, 07:43 AM
I've been waiting a year for the return of my Waterman Ink-Vue Type 2, which should have a new sac. I know they are finicky, but that's not reasonable, is it? (Rhetorical question.)

Indeed, maybe the repair guy really liked the pen... ;-)

Best
Jens

Niels
October 26th, 2020, 11:47 AM
Te Kaweco Sport Skyline with a medium nib in color black :).

Detman101
October 26th, 2020, 12:51 PM

Goodness gracious...a year!?
And here I am complaining about waiting a month on this Penbbs-355.
You have the patience of a saint...

NumberSix
November 7th, 2020, 10:24 PM
Gone crazy this FPWeek. I have a bunch of inks ordered, as well as a bunch of pens. A number of different shops used, to spread the wealth this Pen Holiday Week. :)

Leonard Momento Zero, Blue Hawaii (M)
Pineider Avatar UR, clear (M)
Opus 88 Jazz, blue (M)
Taccia Spotlight, clear (M)
Noodler's Triple Tail
Kaweco Sport, green (M)

And from FPR"s 15% sale last weekend:

FPR Triveni (black ebonite)
FPR Jaipur V2 (mustard ebonite)
Kanwrite Desire (blue swirl)
Camlin 36 (black)

Oh, and 5 PenBBS ordered on etsy (500, 456, 355, 352, 469).

Lady Onogaro
November 8th, 2020, 04:57 PM
Waiting on a TWBI Vac Iris from Dromgoole's. It was shipped Friday.

NumberSix
November 8th, 2020, 06:16 PM
Today I ordered a 1937 Parker Parkette from eBay and a 1938 Sheaffer Balance from pen_swap.

digitalsedition
November 8th, 2020, 06:27 PM
I've officially blown my pen budget for November just now. I bought this from Little Pen Designs on Etsy. It's called steel sunset and it has a #6 Jowo steel nib. Pretty stoked for this one!

https://v-c.etsystatic.com/video/upload/ac_none,du_15,q_auto:good/IMG_E7525_ctvyaq.mp4
https://i.postimg.cc/4HJCfvCX/il-794x-N-2691554289-o8dd.jpg (https://postimg.cc/4HJCfvCX)
https://i.postimg.cc/bD0cfCB6/il-794x-N-2643895786-m0kl.jpg (https://postimg.cc/bD0cfCB6)
https://i.postimg.cc/kD9PvC2L/il-794x-N-2691554299-krd7.jpg (https://postimg.cc/kD9PvC2L)

mkglobetrotter
November 13th, 2020, 06:34 AM
Waiting for a Stipula Etruria Magnifica with a titanium nib. I actually received it early this week, but had to return it for an exchange due to a crack in the nib collar that was overlooked at the time of shipping. :( It's a gorgeous pen and can't wait to get it back. Hoping I don't have to pay customs/brokerage fees again, though...

AlohaPens
November 13th, 2020, 02:24 PM
I just got my Etruria Magnifica back from Mark (at nibgrinder) and am so happy to have it back. I really like the looks and feel of the pen and now that it actually writes well, I can start using it more!
Hope you enjoy yours, too.

Empty_of_Clouds
November 13th, 2020, 02:53 PM
I felt in need of a Covid-year treat, so I've got one of these NP3 cases (right hand side) coming from Franklin Christoph

https://i.imgur.com/nGiAtr9l.jpg

And I thought I'd add a pen, so...

https://i.imgur.com/tZQ7j0Il.jpg

With a fine S.I.G nib!

Images used for illustration only.

guyy
November 13th, 2020, 03:32 PM
Still drumming my fingers, waiting on that MB 149 Calligraphy...

mkglobetrotter
November 14th, 2020, 11:54 AM
I just got my Etruria Magnifica back from Mark (at nibgrinder) and am so happy to have it back. I really like the looks and feel of the pen and now that it actually writes well, I can start using it more!

Thanks! What kind of nib does your Etruria have now?

NumberSix
November 14th, 2020, 12:19 PM
I have a black slim Targa out for delivery today. I am really looking forward to it. It even comes with a couple of original slim cartridges, which will be nice in case the Kaweco Sport Mini converter I plan to try doesn't work. (I have read that Peyton Street Pens recommends the Monteverde mini converter for slim Targas, so I am hoping the Kaweco one will be the same.)

Truth be told, the eBay auction didn't mention a converter or show the barrel removed. Possible it actually has the converter, but I doubt it. Anyone smart enough to sell a Targa probably knows that a slimline converter can be sold for good money on its own.

AlohaPens
November 14th, 2020, 01:32 PM

I opted for the V-flex after seeing some nice videos with it. It's not a great flex nib, but now that Mark adjusted it, it's much better. It needs a better feed, though, I think, to keep up with the flex ink. Beautiful pen in the Miele Selvetico.

My second stipula I'm having to send back to reattach the clip; also a beautiful pen and this one is a great writer with an M nib.

Detman101
November 14th, 2020, 01:51 PM

She arrives in 7-10 days from the UK!
My "Elegy" will have a 105 year old little sister...lol.

Cyril
November 15th, 2020, 01:08 PM
I am on a diversion!
It is a wooden pen Lathed in a machine hand polished dip pen. A replica of an old pen used by a Penmanship champion who made the part of the writing history..
Actually, i am waiting for three dip pens. This is promise and a sign of no more fountain pens into my collection. I am excited .

mkglobetrotter
November 16th, 2020, 07:07 PM

I opted for the V-flex after seeing some nice videos with it. It's not a great flex nib, but now that Mark adjusted it, it's much better. It needs a better feed, though, I think, to keep up with the flex ink. Beautiful pen in the Miele Selvetico.

My second stipula I'm having to send back to reattach the clip; also a beautiful pen and this one is a great writer with an M nib.

Glad to hear the nib is improved. I ordered a Miele Selvatico as well, it really is beautiful.

ethernautrix
November 16th, 2020, 07:29 PM
After proclaiming that I would not replace the lost Nakaya Piccolo Cigar kuro-tamenuri (with a UEF nib harvested from a Platinum 3776) last year... I caved a couple of months ago and ordered a "replacement" (but with an EF nib). Just saw the email from Nakaya (dated a couple days ago, cos that's how I roll) -- and Kuro 2.0 is on its way to me.

Hooray with happy dance!

Not sure how long it will take to arrive, but considering all the uncertainty that's been my life for the past several years, I got loads of patience.

Z3ke
November 22nd, 2020, 05:59 PM
waiting on a namiki yukari royale

Amanda
November 23rd, 2020, 03:50 AM
I just pressed the order button for a Faber Castell Loom, Gun Metal Grey with an EF nib and GvFC Stone Grey to go in it. Merry Christmas to me. DH said, 'Well, it's going to be a quiet one with no travel or even local visiting, but that doesn't mean it has to be ignored completely - so go for it." :hug:

fqgouvea
November 23rd, 2020, 03:21 PM
I just ordered a Targa. My wife loves the look of the inlaid nibs and I like slim pens, so we may need to fight over it.

fountainpenkid
November 23rd, 2020, 04:19 PM
My first *vintage* Aurora Optima! It's a later version with Waterman's W5 influence and a (verry flexible) platridio nib, but the blue swirl celluloid looks like it'll be absolutely stunning.

guyy
November 23rd, 2020, 05:17 PM
I just ordered a Targa. My wife loves the look of the inlaid nibs and I like slim pens, so we may need to fight over it.

You probably know this already, but Targas are great, with superb nibs, solid construction and lots of variety.

dlektja123
November 24th, 2020, 07:41 PM
Waiting on a Nakaya decapod midori tamenuri tw

TSherbs
November 25th, 2020, 05:30 AM
Just a TWSBI Go for me. I have a specific use in mind, and that easy plunger-filler should do the trick. My first new pen since August. I pace myself. :)

bugsydog55
November 27th, 2020, 10:43 AM
An ASA Nauka Flora that was a group buy pen through FPN. This has been an issue for about 8 months now. Of course, I had the desire for a handmade acrylic eyedropper and I had tons of experience with Mr. Subbu of ASA so why not commit to a group buy and get a pen I want at a great rate. Well, that was before India cut itself off from the rest of the world. I had another order with them that was almost as old and finally shipped a couple of weeks ago. This is all happening as the other pen forum went belly up and that seems to be the only place the ASA folks will communicate. So, I get to have a double grudge-the one website where I cannot get a status report and a pen producer who would gladly send me my pen (about 6 weeks ago) if I paid an additional 30 dollars for DHL shipping. Just ranting and feeling frustrated with those things I can not change. But it has been a year full of such things.

Jon Szanto
November 27th, 2020, 08:25 PM
I just won an auction for a Moore 90-A in a material I've never seen before from them. It looks quite like a Waterman celluloid I have, but I'll wait until it arrives. I put a very modest snipe on it and was a bit surprised when I won.

Also waiting for delivery, sometime in December, of a Sailor Pro Gear "Black Velvet" with FM nib. I had pretty much given up on that pen, first released in 2013 in limited edition, but they put out the entire 10-pen "cocktail" set, and it looks like a few vendors were able to get individual models. Or something. Anyway, happy to round out my Pro Gears this way.

dlektja123
November 28th, 2020, 01:49 AM
Well, like they always says. You can’t have only one Nakaya. So I ordered two of them. A cigar decapod midori tamenuri with a gold medium soft nib with added flex from nibs.com and a cigar portable in a shiro tamenuri with a rose gold broad nib. It’s going to be a long wait....🥲

amk
November 28th, 2020, 02:01 AM
I took a different decision on ASA Pens. I had one pen waiting, and I've left the money there. I can afford to, fortunately, and I appreciate others may not be in this position; but I've dealt with ASA before and had good experiences, and if Subbu needs to get through the crisis I don't really mind if my pen arrives a year late.

I may even order another pen.

ethernautrix
November 28th, 2020, 02:47 AM
My Nakaya Piccolo Cigar is nearby in customs, so I'm "keeping my thumbs" (Polish equivalent to crossing my fingers) that Poland will want their VAT (~22%) quickly and will deliver it to me on Monday. But it's okay if not. The kind Ms. Yoko Kono at Nakaya had warned me that the pen might take a very long time to reach me cos of COVID-19 restrictions (it didn't ship until about two weeks after it was finished and presumably delivered for shipping).

Usually, I'd order something for delivery to my US address and pick it up when I'm there, but I have no idea when I'll be back with my family again. The airline allowed me to cancel my return (late October), and I still have a couple of months to pick a return date. My own personal state of uncertainty for several years feels like it exploded all over the globe.

Anyway, I didn't expect delivery for at least another month, so I'm cautiously giddy that I'll probably have the Piccolo by next week. Maybe Monday. If not... I'll still have that pleasant feeling of anticipation for a while longer.

Sandy
November 28th, 2020, 02:53 AM
A portable nakaya midori with a broad nib.

It took them 6 weeks, instead of six months.

carlos.q
November 28th, 2020, 03:22 AM
Although most of my pens are vintage I am expecting a modern Parker Centennial "Big Red"....

Runnin_Ute
November 28th, 2020, 07:31 PM
Lamy 2000 F from Endless Pens

Jon Szanto
November 28th, 2020, 07:42 PM

Hehe... you got in on that great deal, yeah? Can't pass that up.

silverlifter
November 28th, 2020, 08:43 PM
The last one... (https://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/32325-End-of-the-road?p=302235&viewfull=1#post302235) :p

Runnin_Ute
November 30th, 2020, 09:19 PM

Hehe... you got in on that great deal, yeah? Can't pass that up.Yeah. Very hard.

Empty_of_Clouds
November 30th, 2020, 10:09 PM
I just won an auction for a Moore 90-A in a material I've never seen before from them. It looks quite like a Waterman celluloid I have, but I'll wait until it arrives. I put a very modest snipe on it and was a bit surprised when I won.

Nice! I would be also interested in hearing about the unusual Moore pen that I brought to your attention (and that you purchased) a while back. Possibly something rare.

Anyway, splashed a little cash and currently waiting on a NOS mint in box Aurora 88P, and an Eversharp Skyline pen/pencil set, with the pen having an original broad italic nib. I'll be lucky if I see either before Christmas though. <Eek>

Linger
December 6th, 2020, 06:03 AM
I am waiting for two stellar pens due in spring next year. A Nakaya portable cigar “bamboo woods” in which i hope to fit a perfectly tuned (by Nakaya staff in a store-event) M nib, and a Hakase cigar shaped red & black ebonite with a (no doubt) perfectly tuned F nib.

Linger
December 6th, 2020, 06:04 AM
Jon’s Sailor is very nice too bytheway. They’re just a bit too small for me.

cj2020
December 6th, 2020, 08:00 AM
I try to keep the number of pens that I own at 5. That seems to be the most in terms of a rotation that I can manage. After selling my brand new Pilot Murex to a fellow forum member, I have since ordered the Wancher Taiyo Red with 18 K M nib. Due to their holiday orders, the pen has not shipped, so eagerly waiting for it to arrive. I tend to be a big fan of Japanese pens. My fav is my Nakaya Milkyway Raden with M nib.

noahs_ark
December 8th, 2020, 07:20 PM
Ordered a Lamy Studio (black) from endless pens, and a bottle of ink (forgot at the moment. Pretty excited to try it out.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Ezinternet
December 8th, 2020, 07:26 PM
I found a Nakaya Decapod heki-tamenuri at a dealer in Tokyo for a great price. Weak dollar, weaker JPY.

It's coming by slow-boat, maybe two weeks away ... I'm looking forward to hold it, ink it, and enjoy!

Bananabender
December 8th, 2020, 11:46 PM
On the 6th Nov I purchased a mont blanc from Germany . Posted next day ,still waiting presumably due to Covid. Its a mont blanc .....hang on its been so long I’ve forgotton.....I’ts a 3-42 G .

guyy
December 10th, 2020, 12:25 PM
Still waiting on that MB 149 Calligraphy model. I’m thinking maybe February now.

I’m also waiting on a Hundred Year Pen. The nib looks promising even if it’s attached to a dodgy celluloid Hundred Year Pen. It’s currently visiting postal facilities in and around Chicago, and it still has to do the customary tour of Brooklyn. I knew it was bad when this one from E Ontario went west through Chicago.

FredRydr
December 10th, 2020, 12:31 PM
...I’m also waiting on a Hundred Year Pen. The nib looks promising even if it’s attached to a dodgy celluloid Hundred Year Pen....
Celluloid, or Lucite?

guyy
December 10th, 2020, 05:37 PM
...I’m also waiting on a Hundred Year Pen. The nib looks promising even if it’s attached to a dodgy celluloid Hundred Year Pen....
Celluloid, or Lucite?

Celluloid. It’s all about the nib. From the pictures it looked like a double broad stub.

digitalsedition
December 11th, 2020, 12:26 PM
I've wanted a rotring 600 or 800 rollerball for a while. Couldn't decide which one so I ordered both after seeing Amazon had the black 800 for $35 after discount, effectively making the 600 and 800 the same price.

CrayonAngelss
December 12th, 2020, 10:07 PM
I got a little wild and ordered three pens over a two day span...

Pelikan M205 Moonstone, M nib. I've had my eye on this one for two months. I love anything glittery/celestial etc.

Pelikan M205 Blue Marbled M nib. I've seen Ptero post photos of this one a few times, & blue's my favorite color so here we are.

Jinhao Chainmail F nib. I really don't know anything about this type of pen! It was $16 on Amazon, and I just wanted to give a less expensive pen a shot. There seem to be plenty of budget friendly modern pens out there, so I figure what's the harm? If I don't like the nib, it should be able to be switched out. Plus I just adore the look.. it's really edgy.

FredRydr
December 14th, 2020, 02:51 PM
I got a little wild and ordered three pens over a two day span....
Uh oh, be aware that the USPS tracking system is overwhelmed. Some of my tracked parcels, coming and going, have been in limbo for two weeks now.

Linger
December 15th, 2020, 01:37 PM
I found a Nakaya Decapod heki-tamenuri at a dealer in Tokyo for a great price. Weak dollar, weaker JPY.

It's coming by slow-boat, maybe two weeks away ... I'm looking forward to hold it, ink it, and enjoy!

Would you perhaps please divulge the name of this Nakaya Tokyo Dealer?

Radonactionservices
December 15th, 2020, 03:15 PM
I am waiting for my first Wancher fountain pen with a steel nib. With the coronavirus pandemic new pens have to fit my budget. Their recent sale really made all of the difference.

Communication with Wancher has been very good. This should be a new experience. Maybe I will have to review it after I receive it.

Lady Onogaro
December 16th, 2020, 08:44 PM
Not a thing, for once!

FredRydr
December 17th, 2020, 05:48 AM
FYI for those of you waiting for goodies dependent upon delivery through the USPS, this was in my email this morning because I am tracking several packages:

TAYLORPUPPY
January 20th, 2021, 06:18 PM
I ordered a Lamy 2000 Rollerball.

doclocs13
January 20th, 2021, 07:52 PM
I am waiting for the ASC Triangolo Arco Verde with gold trim.

Jon Szanto
January 20th, 2021, 08:29 PM
Leonardo Officina Italiana / Momento Zero Grande "Golden Rule"

carlos.q
January 21st, 2021, 06:23 AM
I have a couple of Bock nib units that I'd like to try out with this Moonman M800 that is making its way to me from China:

CrayonAngelss
January 29th, 2021, 11:15 AM
I purchased a stunning green marbled Sheaffer Vintage from Ron :) M gold plated prelude nib. I have a matching pen in burgundy that I reach for all the time.

TFarnon
February 2nd, 2021, 04:16 AM
Let me think:

From Fountain Pen Recycler, a Mentmore in gray snakeskin and a Conway-Stewart in blue marble.
From Atlas Stationers: A Parker 51 Deluxe in Plum.
From Ebay (different sellers): A Parker Pastel Lucky Curve in Coral; an unnamed BCHR taper cap eyedropper fill with an embossed gold overlay barrel, in need of crack repair on the cap. I'll send her off for repairs once I receive her.

I think that's all at present.

I just received an Edison Newark in Lumiere (a bright orange) from Goldspot. With all the gray snowy days of late, I'm finding it particularly appealing.

VertOlive
February 2nd, 2021, 10:29 AM
Jon: Don’t Read This.

Pre-ordered the Savannah Green and Terra Cotta re-issues of the Lamy Safari. :cool: