PDA

View Full Version : What Pens(s) Are You Waiting For?

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

writingrav
June 6th, 2012, 01:46 PM
I understood. No offense taken. I'm serious about having to eschew photos until I can not only make them decent, but figure out why mine always come out as thumbnails.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

manoeuver
June 6th, 2012, 02:01 PM
when I click on your photos they zoom up just fine. I think you just need a lot more light. I try and take photos outdoors on a sunny day or else I'm hauling lamps all over the house to get enough light.

writingrav
June 6th, 2012, 03:20 PM
Again, thanks. I will keep trying.

KrazyIvan
June 6th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Much more light or increase the ISO setting if you can but sunlight through a window with sheer cutains works good. Just going outside helps too.

writingrav
June 6th, 2012, 05:31 PM
Much more light or increase the ISO setting if you can but sunlight through a window with sheer cutains works good. Just going outside helps too.

Thanks, I'm working on it.

tytoalba
June 6th, 2012, 05:58 PM
none, the last two arrived today : )

fountainpenkid
June 6th, 2012, 05:59 PM
Possibly a p51 vac. I'll put it for sale once its restored.

KrazyIvan
June 7th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Noodler's Konrad in demo blue just showed up. :D I can see stuff in the barrel that will need to be cleaned up before first inking. It looks like shavings from the threads for the piston mechanism. Definitely a "clean the pen before you ink" type pen.

Something I have wondered about is confirmed with this pen. I always have thought that when storing a pen, be it piston or converter, you should store it with the piston in the retracted position because there is less deforming pressure on the piston seals. You can see it clearly with this pen. The seal gets pushed up against the barrel more when it is closer to the nib and less when retracted. I never could see that with my TWSBIs, so it may just affect certain pens.

writingrav
June 7th, 2012, 12:52 PM
Pilot 78G arrived. Nice. Waiting on a Monteverde Arista Crystal

writingrav
June 7th, 2012, 12:53 PM

KrazyIvan
June 7th, 2012, 02:05 PM

Hey! You have light! Good job! So have you inked it up? It is the broad?

KrazyIvan
June 7th, 2012, 02:10 PM
Waiting on:

Kaigelu Century Star (316). The Parker Duofold homage
Kaigelu 365. Parker IM homage

I have plans for the Century Star. A grind first and then it will be shipped off somewhere.

manoeuver
June 7th, 2012, 02:13 PM
Pilot 78G arrived. Nice. Waiting on a Monteverde Arista Crystal

Nice!

writingrav
June 7th, 2012, 03:38 PM
Hey! You have light! Good job! So have you inked it up? It is the broad?

Yes, the sun came out in Philadelphia :)
I have inked the Broad and like it a lot. It does have a calligraphy feel while not be a calligraphy nib. Easier to write with than my Stipula Broad which is really Broad.

writingrav
June 7th, 2012, 03:39 PM
Nice!

Thanks!

fountainpenkid
June 7th, 2012, 05:47 PM
Well, Danny Fudge sent me an email saying that my vacumatic had a broken section, and that he got sick--explaining the delay. But the he said he'd repair and do everything at NO CHARGE!!! this includes a new section, a nib smoothing, a new diaphram..etc for nothing. really great service. I will continue to send my pens to him.

Pinkys.Brain
June 7th, 2012, 08:03 PM
Another older German piston filler by Kondor...no idea in which condition the pen is...ebay...

rbiemer
June 8th, 2012, 03:58 PM
I knew this place would be dangerous...I've just bought a Hero 616. Spent a whopping $2.99! Hope it will be here by the end of the month. :D
Not really sure what to expect, I sort of knew these were pretty inexpensive but didn't realize just how cheap.
Is there a thread about tuning up?
I think I may need to get my skis out...you know, for this slippery slope!
And, after reading through the under $30npen thread, I have a list of pens to look for/at.

Rob

fountainpenkid
June 8th, 2012, 09:10 PM
give it a good soak overnight of ammonia. (1/2 water ,1/2 amonia)

FLJeepGuy
June 9th, 2012, 05:32 AM
I just received my new medium nibbed Lamy 2000 and Kaweco Classic Sport "1930 Guilloche" from ISellPens and the Goulets. Now, I'm eagerly waiting for my 1947 dove gray Parker 51 and Sheaffer Statesman Snorkel to come back from repair from Tyler Dahl. That particular 51 is my favorite 51 from my collection. A little while back the vac mechanism finally died after about 10 years of nearly daily use. The Snorkel was an antique shop find in what looked to be uninked condition and just need a sac and seals.

fountainpenkid
June 9th, 2012, 08:12 AM
nice!

ink mixer
June 9th, 2012, 04:55 PM
I received my Sheaffer Legacy M nib today. I gave it a good cleaning, and it should be ready for the first inking tomorrow.

KrazyIvan
June 9th, 2012, 10:00 PM
I received word that my B&B LE Edison Herald Grande has shipped! My first Edison. :D

Crud, just went to the B&B site and noted that Jim is just printing shipping labels and it does not mean the pen has shipped yet. :cry:

jfsisler
June 10th, 2012, 08:04 PM
I won a vintage Sheaffer piston filler with a 14K gold nib on Ebay last week ($27 - I feel like I stole it). Other than that my budget hasn't allowed for too many purchases lately.

fountainpenkid
June 10th, 2012, 08:34 PM
Sheaffer PISTON filer? When did they make one? A vintage vac model?

melissa59
June 10th, 2012, 11:47 PM
rbiemer: Where did get your Hero 616?
I ordered mine from isellpens.com, along with a Lamy Safari. It took two days for it to get here. Granted, it was coming from Arizona and I live in California, but it got here that fast because it was shipped out right away.

rbiemer
June 11th, 2012, 06:34 AM
melissa59, I bought it from a sort of random ebay seller: "ahai006" . I discovered I had a small(less than $5) paypal balance and decided to see what I could get with it.
So, I searched "new, less than $4, fountain pens" and found a bunch. Decided this seller's feedback, both received and left for others, made taking the gamble worth while to me.

Haven't dealt with this person before so I can't really recommend them but I will let every one know how this deal turns out.

Rob

writingrav
June 11th, 2012, 12:56 PM
Received my Monteverde Arista Crystal demonstrator and inked it with Irushizuku fuyu-syogun today. So far very pleased.

KrazyIvan
June 11th, 2012, 01:26 PM
melissa59, I bought it from a sort of random ebay seller: "ahai006" . I discovered I had a small(less than $5) paypal balance and decided to see what I could get with it.
So, I searched "new, less than $4, fountain pens" and found a bunch. Decided this seller's feedback, both received and left for others, made taking the gamble worth while to me.

Haven't dealt with this person before so I can't really recommend them but I will let every one know how this deal turns out.

Rob

I have dealt with that seller before and did not have any issues. I am trying to remember which pen it was but I think it may have been one of my Baoer's or Jinhao pens.

KrazyIvan
June 11th, 2012, 01:27 PM
Received my Monteverde Arista Crystal demonstrator and inked it with Irushizuku fuyu-syogun today. So far very pleased.

Looks good. What nib did you get?

writingrav
June 11th, 2012, 01:45 PM
Looks good. What nib did you get?

Medium. As far as I could tell that was the only one being offered.

KrazyIvan
June 11th, 2012, 02:05 PM
Are the nibs as smooth as I have heard?

fountainpenkid
June 11th, 2012, 02:38 PM
P51 Blue Vac with 14k cap!

writingrav
June 11th, 2012, 03:03 PM
Are the nibs as smooth as I have heard?

I'm not sure what you heard, but it is pretty smooth.

rbiemer
June 11th, 2012, 04:12 PM
I have dealt with that seller before and did not have any issues. I am trying to remember which pen it was but I think it may have been one of my Baoer's or Jinhao pens.
Good to hear since he has a lot of interesting inexpensive pens.
Rob

KrazyIvan
June 11th, 2012, 08:55 PM
Waiting on:

Kaigelu Century Star (316). The Parker Duofold homage
Kaigelu 365. Parker IM homage

I have plans for the Century Star. A grind first and then it will be shipped off somewhere.

The Kaigelu 365 came in today but the converter is broken. The piston seal just flops around and falls off the piston mechanism. The seller is sending me a replacement. Good thing he is in the US so I don't have to wait for the boat from China to get here. In the meantime I re-seated the seal and will syringe fill it. Another thing. I had not seen a #2 nib before and this one has one. It is very similar in size to the old TWSBI 530 Schmidt nibs I think. I am also fining that the Kaigelu nibs are prime candidates to be stubbed because they already have a stub-ish shape to the nib. This is my third Kaigelu and all of them have that same stub look to the nib.

ianmedium
June 11th, 2012, 09:43 PM
Looking forward to what you think of the Duofold homage. Of the Modern Duofolds that look is my favourite. I have heard good things about the Kaigelu version.

I am waiting for one pen. The Ti nib edition of the Stipula Tuscan dreams to complete the fountain pen set of that edition.

KrazyIvan
June 11th, 2012, 10:03 PM
Looking forward to what you think of the Duofold homage. Of the Modern Duofolds that look is my favourite. I have heard good things about the Kaigelu version.

I am waiting for one pen. The Ti nib edition of the Stipula Tuscan dreams to complete the fountain pen set of that edition.

I already have one. It is very nice and most people call it the 316 but on Kaigelu's site it is the Century Star. The photos should be posted around here. It is one of the best quality Chinese pens I have. I ordered this second one to stub it and gift it.

Whoa! Another Tuscan Dream?!?!?! Congrats.

ianmedium
June 11th, 2012, 11:30 PM
Thats Great Ivan, I will have a look here for the pictures!

Yes, I was trying to decide between the two versions of the fountain pen so ended up ordering both. Turned out the Ti nib version is back ordered so I have to wait a little longer. I have been wanting a Ti nib pen for some time and seeing that they did it in the Tuscan dreams and the price was really good (less than half of the one I already have) it made sense to complete the set. I have no use for roller/ballpoints so I did not go as far as getting them all.

writingrav
June 12th, 2012, 11:51 AM
I am now officially waiting for the vintage Conklin Orange Ringtop won from PCA auction on eBay.

dannzeman
June 12th, 2012, 11:55 AM
I am now officially waiting for the vintage Conklin Orange Ringtop won from PCA auction on eBay.

:cheer2:

dannzeman
June 12th, 2012, 11:56 AM
Why hasn't Eric posted here? I know he's just bought a pen within the last day or two.

ianmedium
June 12th, 2012, 12:00 PM
Looking forward to seeing the Conklin! Has Eric's urushi Edison arrived yet? I am really looking forward to seeing that!

duende
June 12th, 2012, 04:25 PM
Green-marbled Pelikan m200 with 14k EF nib (from m400)...a FrankenPelikan, if you will.

eriquito
June 12th, 2012, 05:06 PM
Has Eric's urushi Edison arrived yet? I am really looking forward to seeing that!

Hey Ian! Nope, my Edison JumboMina is still in the hands of Hakumin Urushi Kobo (Ernest Shin). I'm looking forward to seeing it, but I'm in no hurry. I know that great art takes much time =)

eriquito
June 12th, 2012, 05:11 PM
Why hasn't Eric posted here? I know he's just bought a pen within the last day or two.

Here I be! And you're right, I have purchased a pen within the last day or two.

Unfortunately, it's coming from Japan and I fear I shall not see it until near the end of the month =(

Here's a pic or two. Can anyone say what it is? (Yes, we know it's a Pilot...)

http://fpgeeks.com/ec/images/pilot/capped.jpg

http://fpgeeks.com/ec/images/pilot/posted.jpg

fountainpenkid
June 12th, 2012, 05:17 PM
whooaaa! That is cool! Beautiful!

eriquito
June 12th, 2012, 05:21 PM
whooaaa! That is cool! Beautiful!

Why thank you, Will. I thought so, too. I resisted a few hours, but finally caved. Good for me! =)

KrazyIvan
June 12th, 2012, 05:26 PM
Eric, I'm jealous.

ianmedium
June 12th, 2012, 05:28 PM
Holy carumba Eric! Is that an MYU? I have not seen them before with the black stripes, it looks really sharp (pun intended as well!)

I know what you mean about art being worth the wait in regards to your Edison. I had a Nakaya once and that urushi work is something to behold, will have another again sometime!

writingrav
June 12th, 2012, 06:07 PM
Holy carumba Eric! Is that an MYU? I have not seen them before with the black stripes, it looks really sharp (pun intended as well!)

I know what you mean about art being worth the wait in regards to your Edison. I had a Nakaya once and that urushi work is something to behold, will have another again sometime!
I've never seen an MYU. Assuming that that's what this is, it is wonderfully cool.

eriquito
June 12th, 2012, 06:16 PM
Eric, I'm jealous.

Sith Lords know jealousy?

eriquito
June 12th, 2012, 06:18 PM

Very good call Mr. Ian. It is, indeed, an MYU.

The MYU's without the stripes are one model. The MYU's with black stripes, another.

Shall we continue with our research?

eriquito
June 12th, 2012, 06:24 PM
I've never seen an MYU. Assuming that that's what this is, it is wonderfully cool.

I found (and purchased) an MYU at the Chicago Pen Show. I posted a couple photos here:

My Chicago Pen Show Take-Aways (http://fpgeeks.com/2012/05/my-chicago-pen-show-take-aways/)

The MYU is at the bottom. Perhaps you stopped at the dip pen? =)

fountainpenkid
June 12th, 2012, 06:24 PM
are the black stripes engraved, or painted ontop?

eriquito
June 12th, 2012, 06:36 PM
are the black stripes engraved, or painted ontop?

They are black enamel and they are recessed / inlaid.

This just gets better and better, doesn't it? =)

ianmedium
June 12th, 2012, 07:08 PM
Wow, enamelling is a whole lot more complicated than merely painting. So why are they two separate models Eric?

fountainpenkid
June 12th, 2012, 07:13 PM
how does it fill?

ink mixer
June 12th, 2012, 08:54 PM
I have to wipe the last three pages from my mind, so I don't have to add MYU's to my list. But it looked very nice.

writingrav
June 12th, 2012, 08:57 PM
I found (and purchased) an MYU at the Chicago Pen Show. I posted a couple photos here:

My Chicago Pen Show Take-Aways (http://fpgeeks.com/2012/05/my-chicago-pen-show-take-aways/)

The MYU is at the bottom. Perhaps you stopped at the dip pen? =)

You're absolutely right! BTW, what does MYU stand for/mean?

KrazyIvan
June 12th, 2012, 09:14 PM
Sith Lords know jealousy?

Yup. It's part of that whole dark side thing. :p

Okay. Some people over a Badger & Blade are starting to receive their Edison Herald Grande LE pens! The wait is killing me. My tracking info still say electronic label received. :faint:

ianmedium
June 12th, 2012, 09:15 PM

Don't have the answer to your question but I found this fascinating site about them!
http://www.stutler.cc/pens/murex/index.html

ianmedium
June 12th, 2012, 09:16 PM
Yup. It's part of that whole dark side thing. :p

Okay. Some people over a Badger & Blade are starting to receive their Edison Herald Grande LE pens! The wait is killing me. My tracking info still say electronic label received. :faint:

Ahh, another traditional wet shaver. I belong to that forum but have not been on in a while.

writingrav
June 12th, 2012, 09:18 PM
Don't have the answer to your question but I found this fascinating site about them!
http://www.stutler.cc/pens/murex/index.html

Thanks. According to the site you linked me to the pen is called Murex which is pronounced in Japanese as Myu rex

KrazyIvan
June 12th, 2012, 09:20 PM
Ahh, another traditional wet shaver. I belong to that forum but have not been on in a while.

Yes. There are other ways of shaving?

ianmedium
June 12th, 2012, 09:50 PM
Yes. There are other ways of shaving?

allegedly, though I think they must have some sort of illness in doing it that way :cry:

Pinkys.Brain
June 12th, 2012, 10:16 PM

As far as I found out the Myū(ミュー) is the Japanese transcription of the Greek letter μ (capital letter = M). It looks like they called it Myu after the form of the pen.

The full name of the 701 model for example is: ミュー(μ)701

manoeuver
June 13th, 2012, 12:34 PM

Unfortunately, it's coming from Japan and I fear I shall not see it until near the end of the month =(

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn. want.

KrazyIvan
June 14th, 2012, 08:50 AM
Waiting on the Nemosine Singularity in Granite. It is a chinese pen that has been retrofited with a Knox nib by the people behind xfountainpens.com. Tracking says I should have it today. I guess we will see if it is worth it for $20.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31xK2urf99L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

writingrav
June 14th, 2012, 08:54 AM
Sounds interesting. Can't wait for the report.

ianmedium
June 14th, 2012, 09:13 AM
I am really looking forward to seeing some real life photo's of that one Ivan!

KrazyIvan
June 14th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Sounds interesting. Can't wait for the report.

I am really looking forward to seeing some real life photo's of that one Ivan!

As soon as I can upload pictures I'll have them linked. :D

manoeuver
June 14th, 2012, 10:05 AM
looks nice enough. hope it makes your dreams come true.

KrazyIvan
June 14th, 2012, 01:54 PM
Holy moly! my B&B LE Edison is here! #42.

And the Nemosine. Also, the ebay seller of the Kaigelu 365 with the broken converter sent me a whole new pen, not just a converter.

writingrav
June 14th, 2012, 03:10 PM
That's a red letter day. Try Private Reserve Dakota Red.

fountainpenkid
June 15th, 2012, 11:23 AM

snedwos
June 15th, 2012, 11:59 AM

I wish I had never seen this post. My every waking hour will be agony until I own one, and there is a good chance I never will. I think that may be, for my taste, the most beautiful pen ever made.

Pilot are fools for not keeping production up.

rbiemer
June 15th, 2012, 12:50 PM
I knew this place would be dangerous...I've just bought a Hero 616. Spent a whopping $2.99! Hope it will be here by the end of the month. :D
Rob
OK, the Hero came in today's mail. I can see why it was 3 bucks but it actually feels decent in my hand. I'm soaking it in a bit of amonia water and will fill it later this afternoon. And the see how well it writes.
Don't think it will replace my TWSBI but it's nice to have choices!
Rob

eriquito
June 15th, 2012, 01:23 PM
The Pilot has arrived.

How long before I'm no longer afraid to touch it?

http://fpgeeks.com/ec/images/pilot/iphone-myu.jpg

klpeabody
June 15th, 2012, 01:33 PM
oooh. nice. i'm guessing that you won't be able to help yourself and will get over your fear of touching it pretty quick. At least I would. Who wouldn't want to play with that pen ASAP? Such a lovely pen.

KrazyIvan
June 15th, 2012, 01:37 PM
Eric. Holy. Cow. It. Looks. :faint:

manoeuver
June 15th, 2012, 01:51 PM
I want to lick it!

rbiemer
June 15th, 2012, 02:44 PM
Eric, that Pilot is a stunning pen!
Rob

fountainpenkid
June 15th, 2012, 05:13 PM
nice! i wish i could post a picture of something sooo impressive ;)

ink mixer
June 15th, 2012, 08:28 PM
Lovely pen! I'm still trying to forget it, though.

writingrav
June 19th, 2012, 09:19 PM
A pen cornucopia today. My vintage Conklin Orange Ringtop arrived. It writes like a dream. My Stipula Bon Voyage arrived. Love it. And my Loom shipped. Inked the Bon Voyage with Noodler's Liberty Elysium and the Conklin with De Artremis Fuchsia. Beautiful matches.

peterpen53
June 20th, 2012, 01:57 AM
The Pilot has arrived.

How long before I'm no longer afraid to touch it?

Come on, Eric! Pens are made to be used! (You said so yourself...)

And the least you can say is it's a pen not everyone has.

Cheers,
Peter

writingrav
June 20th, 2012, 09:47 AM
received a gift card yesterday that I just used to order a Conklin Crescent Filler with a stub nib (my first.) Can't wait.

ink mixer
June 20th, 2012, 08:55 PM
I gave in and ordered a Platinum Celluloid with a music nib.

Bogon07
June 21st, 2012, 02:43 AM
Wooowooo nice pen, Eric. The whole front barrel section is a nib !

Waitng on a more mundane order of a White Lamy Joy 1.5mm Italic and a non-Safari type........a Lamy Logo in brushed metal with an F nib. Gads now I'll have to get some more inks so they don't feel out numbered by the pens.

JustDaveyB
June 21st, 2012, 02:47 AM
Waiting on a Pelikan M620 Chicago - parcel tracking says that it arrive in oz yesterday hopefully it will be delivered tomorrow, this will be my ninth M620 - only three more to find and buy for the whole set...

writingrav
June 21st, 2012, 03:39 AM
Waiting for a Conklin Crescent filler with a stub nib (my first)

rbiemer
June 21st, 2012, 04:38 AM
Last night, some paypal funds cleared so I bought a TWSBI 540, the "ROC100 Edition" with a fine nib. This is my birthday present to myself this year. The pen should arrive just in time.
:):)
Rob

manoeuver
June 21st, 2012, 01:05 PM
still waiting on my reform 1745s to get here from Deutchland. we'll see about those.

Got a bunch of broken pens from an Ebay auction yesterday. some of them are really cool, I'll be practicing repairs on em.

Should be getting another preppy, new 1.1 lamy nib and some notebooks from Jetpens any stinking minute now, they've been out for delivery for damn near 8 hours now. I know my local letter carrier isn't putting in that kind of workday. rrgh. It's 97 damned degrees today. 36C. Hot enough.

KrazyIvan
June 21st, 2012, 01:40 PM
Pelikan M215 (the ring version) just arrived. Yesterday a bottle of Diamine Ochre arrived. I am going to fill it with that one. Also received a bottle of JB's perfect pen flush and a small slew of red ink samples.

rbiemer
June 24th, 2012, 08:04 AM
Last night, some paypal funds cleared so I bought a TWSBI 540, the "ROC100 Edition" with a fine nib. This is my birthday present to myself this year. The pen should arrive just in time.
:):)
Rob

Woah! Very fast delivery! The pen came in yesterday's mail. Beautiful. Now I need to decide if I can make myself wait until I pick a Blue or if I will have to ink it with what I have on hand right now; Noodler's Squeateague....:D
Rob

KrazyIvan
June 24th, 2012, 09:03 PM
Ink it. Ink it now. :D

Waiting on my last Pelikan for a while. An M200 Tradition in black with gold trimmings and green ink window. It is a replacement pen that I exchanged for the non-working Aurora Ipsilon. It shipped last Thursday so let's see if it is waiting for me tomorrow morning.

Bogon07
June 24th, 2012, 09:11 PM
Still waiting on the Lamys.

KI, you have been accumulating a few Pelikans of late. How many are you up to now ?

ianmedium
June 24th, 2012, 09:59 PM
Still waiting for the Ti flex nib Tuscany dreams, should be here in a couple of weeks as I have had it mailed to a friends place in WA and he is bringing it over on his next visit.

KrazyIvan
June 24th, 2012, 10:45 PM
Still waiting on the Lamys.

KI, you have been accumulating a few Pelikans of late. How many are you up to now ?

Once the M200 comes in, a total of four.

rbiemer
June 25th, 2012, 09:01 AM
Yes, Lord KI, I lasted about an hour after my last post then inked the pen. As I expected, this one writes very nicely!
Rob

fountainpenkid
June 26th, 2012, 01:36 PM
Gardening Job paid off! Pelikan m400 is on it's way by the end of the month!

rbiemer
June 27th, 2012, 07:08 PM
OK. This is getting silly. I just bought 2 Reform pens from ebay. They are translucent pink and green--see here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230772497584 cheap fun I hope!
What the heck are you people doing to me? :)
I still have not decided on a regular D T D ink.... :smash:

Love them cheap pens,
Rob

writingrav
June 27th, 2012, 09:44 PM
Just ordered a Lamy Safari German-Japan Friendship edition. Coming from Australia. That suggests a long wait.

a brand new, in box Limited Edition Lamy Safari Germany x Japan Friendship fountain pen.

These are quite rare and are not produced anymore. The pen is black, with a Japan/Germany flag picture and message on the cap that reads "150 Jahre Freundschaft". The crown is a red glossy dot, and the clip is coloured yellow.

The nib is a dark coloured FINE, and the pen comes in box with original papers and a blue cartridge.

Thank you!

Bogon07
June 28th, 2012, 05:13 AM
Just ordered a Lamy Safari German-Japan Friendship edition. Coming from Australia. That suggests a long wait.

a brand new, in box Limited Edition Lamy Safari Germany x Japan Friendship fountain pen.
These are quite rare and are not produced anymore. The pen is black, with a Japan/Germany flag picture and message on the cap that reads "150 Jahre Freundschaft". The crown is a red glossy dot, and the clip is coloured yellow.
The nib is a dark coloured FINE, and the pen comes in box with original papers and a blue cartridge.
Thank you!
Oh nice one. Hope you don't have to wait too long.

Blue Safari+Z24 LH & Red Safari LH(Malaysia) & Matt Blue Studio M (UK) so it will be a race to see which ends up at the local PO first.

writingrav
June 28th, 2012, 06:33 AM
Indeed. The waiting is the hardest part of the hobby ...and the best. Nice haul for you too.

KrazyIvan
June 28th, 2012, 08:53 AM

Red Safari+Z24 LH (Malaysia) & Matt Blue Studio M (UK) so it will be a race to see which ends up at the local PO first.

Resistance is futile, er, ummm, I mean, feel the power of the dark side!

Bogon07
June 28th, 2012, 05:11 PM
Resistance is futile, er, ummm, I mean, feel the power of the dark side!
The Lamy side.

ianmedium
June 28th, 2012, 09:51 PM
Added to the pen wait list is a dove grey 51 Vac!

Tracy Lee
June 29th, 2012, 04:16 PM
Visconti Homo Sapiens Stainless Steel Age. :-)

KrazyIvan
June 29th, 2012, 04:24 PM
Visconti Homo Sapiens Stainless Steel Age. :-)

The force is strong with this one.

writingrav
June 29th, 2012, 06:03 PM
Lime green Safari arrived. Inked it with Diamine Apple Green. Perfect match.

fountainpenkid
June 29th, 2012, 06:14 PM
Paypal for White tortoise accepted! The pen is on the way!

rbiemer
July 3rd, 2012, 08:22 AM
The cheap Reform pens arrived safely. And, meh.
Not sure just what hanging out here is doing to me but I have just ordered three more :shocked: Chinese pens from isellpens!
So far I have been very happy with the sub-$10 pens from China.
This group is:
a Guanleming 2001--I do have a penchant(:)) for clear pens!, a Hero 336 in green, and a black Hero 360. That one I am pretty curious about! I've never used a nib like that.

Rob

Bogon07
July 3rd, 2012, 06:23 PM
Waiting on a more mundane order of a White Lamy Joy 1.5mm Italic and a non-Safari type........a Lamy Logo in brushed metal with an F nib. Gads now I'll have to get some more inks so they don't feel out numbered by the pens.

Delivered yesterday. Less than two weeks from ColnArt UK.
A nice surprise was the Z26 included with the Logo and it is now filled with Noodler's Catalpa. I'm impressed by how compact this pen is and the springloaded clip is rather snazzy.

I think I will get a converter for the White Joy. Mrs Bogon is now debating on what colour ink should go into it.
She was perplexed when I told her there were another three pens on the way, luckily she is still feeling quilty about her recent bulk wool purchases.

fountainpenkid
July 3rd, 2012, 09:43 PM
Ink samples on the way! (thanks DanielCoffey)

Bogon07
July 4th, 2012, 05:56 AM

Blue Safari+Z24 LH & Red Safari LH(Malaysia) & Matt Blue Studio M (UK) so it will be a race to see which ends up at the local PO first.
No longer waiting on the Blue Studio ! Geez, Pilotfish Pens are fast, UK to Australia in only 5-6 days and $100+ below Aust RRP including shipping.

And conveniently I bought a Z26 converter at lunchtime today. Pen now loaded with Noodler's Blue Eel.

ink mixer
July 4th, 2012, 06:26 AM
I should have a used Platinum Celluloid coming by Friday.

KrazyIvan
July 4th, 2012, 01:05 PM
No longer waiting on the Blue Studio ! Geez, Pilotfish Pens are fast, UK to Australia in only 5-6 days and $100+ below Aust RRP including shipping.

And conveniently I bought a Z26 converter at lunchtime today. Pen now loaded with Noodler's Blue Eel.

Waiting to hear your comments on the Studio. :D

Bogon07
July 4th, 2012, 10:00 PM
Waiting to hear your comments on the Studio. :D

Actually it is Studios now !

The other is the opposite of your one.
It came in a bloody great box. I don't know how I can sneak into the house.

KrazyIvan
July 4th, 2012, 10:27 PM
Uh oh were resorting to sneaking now. Stop while you're ahead!

fountainpenkid
July 5th, 2012, 05:48 PM
apparently printhardcopy's shipping takes 2 weeks! (i haven't waited that long, but thats what he told me:))

writingrav
July 7th, 2012, 06:22 AM
Waiting for a red Safari from Goulet and a Jinhao Porcelain Dragon from Hisnibs.com

KrazyIvan
July 7th, 2012, 10:16 AM
I was looking at those porcelain Dragon pens then backed out.

writingrav
July 7th, 2012, 10:56 AM
Ill let you know what I think once I have it.

Bogon07
July 10th, 2012, 08:00 PM
A blue Safari waiting for collection in the local Post Office until I can find the mental fortitude to go there and a red Safari that tracking indicates is having the time of its life riding around in a P.O. truck goes there too.

Petergly
July 11th, 2012, 08:34 AM
I've got 2 Lamy Z50 left-handed nibs on their way from the UK to Oz. Hope to have them by the weekend. From Pilotfish too...

Bogon07
July 11th, 2012, 05:34 PM
I've got 2 Lamy Z50 left-handed nibs on their way from the UK to Oz. Hope to have them by the weekend. From Pilotfish too...

I hope your delivery from them is as fast as mine was.

Mrs Bogon picked up the Blue safari from the PO this morning. As usual Malaysian Safaris come with a black cartridge not a blue one.
Evidently Red is still joy riding about the country side.

TonicLime
July 11th, 2012, 05:44 PM
I am waiting for a TWSBI 540 Clear M Nib / Iroshizuku Yama-budo , Hero 616 Jumbo Turquoise and every color of ink that Organics Studio has available (samples)! My collection is going to have a growth spurt by the end of this week :)

KrazyIvan
July 12th, 2012, 06:02 PM
A Levenger True Writer, that I already did some nib modification on since it came in yesterday. I also have a couple of Chinese pens coming in. A Dikawen 830 for my daughter and a Hero 565 because it really caught my eye. See?

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/HERO-565-Carved-Medium-Nib-Fountain-Pen-Silver-new-/00/s/NDY4WDcwMA==/$(KGrHqNHJDME+V!9eupPBP4HM(ISRg~~60_3.JPG

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/HERO-565-Carved-Medium-Nib-Fountain-Pen-Silver-new-/00/s/NDY4WDcwMA==/$(KGrHqFHJFYE+ZrehnWIBP4HM(qP(g~~60_3.JPG

forgot the Dikawen 830.

http://imgs.inkfrog.com/pix/hq.market/dikawen-066-top.jpg

Petergly
July 12th, 2012, 06:57 PM
I hope your delivery from them is as fast as mine was.

Mrs Bogon picked up the Blue safari from the PO this morning. As usual Malaysian Safaris come with a black cartridge not a blue one.
Evidently Red is still joy riding about the country side.

Indeed it was - arrived on Wednesday. But forgot one of the two nibs! No issue though - the other is on its way.

Can't say I'm overly impressed by the LH nib - the fine I have been using seems better suited to my southpaw at the moment. But I'll perservere...

Bogon07
July 12th, 2012, 11:28 PM
KI, the Dikawen 830 for your daughter is a really pretty pen. Is it destined for green or purple ink ?
The Hero 565 looks good with that precise dimpling sort of like Grandmia's Parker cap restitution.

Petergly, the three LH I've now got feel quite smooth to write with and produce a line ever so slightly thinner than an M nib.

Picked up the Red Safari LH from the P.O. this morning. Blue cartridge not black like most of the Malaysian sourced ones. Slight variation in the packaging too. The usual Lamy grey slot box but with a grey plastic tube protecting the pen instead of just being clipped to the flat cardboard with a notch. The pen is now filled with Noodler's Tiananmen red, nice combination.

manoeuver
July 14th, 2012, 07:15 PM
got a Lamy Profil 80 from the bay tonight. It's got a MK (medium cursive) nib on it, can't wait to try it.

One goal of mine for the DC show was to leave with a 2000 with an italic nib. We shall see, I may not want that anymore...

KrazyIvan
July 14th, 2012, 10:09 PM
That would be purple ink. ;)

The Hero does sort of look like his pen (that he is selling). ;)

No stopping you now Bogon. :D

manoeuver, never tried a MK, please post your impressions when you get it.

writingrav
July 15th, 2012, 04:46 AM
A White Lamy Safari and 5 sample vials of ink from Organics

Bogon07
July 15th, 2012, 05:53 PM
A White Lamy Safari and 5 sample vials of ink from Organics

A White Safari with 1.1 italic and converter. No inks though but probably a black cartridge with the pen.

John the Monkey
July 16th, 2012, 01:26 AM
I've just received a Platinum carbon pen, and one of their brush pens (the cheap one). Also on the way are a Kaweco Classic Sport (in that lovely red) and a Pentel Brush Pen. Everything other than the Kaweco is for making watercolour proof lines :)

manoeuver
July 16th, 2012, 04:10 AM
Just got my organics samples ordered.

writingrav
July 16th, 2012, 05:09 AM
Now waiting for an Italix Parson's Essential with an oblique italic nib! Woo hoo!

cmg.sweet
July 17th, 2012, 09:37 AM
I'm waiting on a Newton Pens custom, a VP, and a Waterman H-D pen, and some Akkerman inks and some Edelstein ink samples. Going to be some seriously happy mail the next couple weeks!

Bogon07
July 17th, 2012, 04:09 PM
I've just received a Platinum carbon pen, and one of their brush pens (the cheap one). Also on the way are a Kaweco Classic Sport (in that lovely red) and a Pentel Brush Pen. Everything other than the Kaweco is for making watercolour proof lines :)

It will be funny if you win the blue Kaweco from Tiger Pens to go with that red one !

KrazyIvan
July 17th, 2012, 09:40 PM
A White Safari with 1.1 italic and converter. No inks though but probably a black cartridge with the pen.

Your slide to the dark side is reaching a terminal velocity. :D

Bogon07
July 17th, 2012, 11:16 PM
Your slide to the dark side is reaching a terminal velocity. :D

You can say that again. The only regular Safari left is that glossy Black one and as I already have the black Joy so I'm holding off getting it until I'm in dire need of consumer retail therapy.

John the Monkey
July 18th, 2012, 01:02 AM
It will be funny if you win the blue Kaweco from Tiger Pens to go with that red one !

I'd love to, if only to have a pen I can put a Kaweco double broad nib in :) I don't think lightning's likely to strike twice though!

manoeuver
July 18th, 2012, 04:48 AM
just ordered a handful of Serwex pens. we'll see.

fountainpenkid
July 18th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Sheaffer Triumph Crest finally restored! ($85 dollars later :() Waiting for it to arrive!!!!

Will

KrazyIvan
July 19th, 2012, 02:48 PM
A Levenger True Writer, that I already did some nib modification on since it came in yesterday. I also have a couple of Chinese pens coming in. A Dikawen 830 for my daughter and a Hero 565 because it really caught my eye. See?

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/HERO-565-Carved-Medium-Nib-Fountain-Pen-Silver-new-/00/s/NDY4WDcwMA==/$(KGrHqNHJDME+V!9eupPBP4HM(ISRg~~60_3.JPG

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/HERO-565-Carved-Medium-Nib-Fountain-Pen-Silver-new-/00/s/NDY4WDcwMA==/$(KGrHqFHJFYE+ZrehnWIBP4HM(qP(g~~60_3.JPG

forgot the Dikawen 830.

http://imgs.inkfrog.com/pix/hq.market/dikawen-066-top.jpg

The Dikawen came in last Tuesday and the Hero came in today. I am really liking the look of the Hero. I have no ink with me to try it out!:jaw:

manoeuver
July 19th, 2012, 05:51 PM
The Dikawen came in last Tuesday and the Hero came in today. I am really liking the look of the Hero. I have no ink with me to try it out!:jaw:how exactly did you let that happen? what if the emperor finds out?

KrazyIvan
July 19th, 2012, 10:42 PM
I swapped my EDC bag. Using my leather messenger bag now. My oldest daughter took one look at the Hero and said it looks like a thimble. That did not even cross my mind but she is right.

snedwos
July 20th, 2012, 04:07 AM
I love the hero's nib!

fountainpenkid
July 23rd, 2012, 08:45 AM
Pelikan 400 in green. Flex nib! Snagged for $83!

KrazyIvan
July 23rd, 2012, 08:56 AM
Levenger True Writer in Sea Glass with a broad nib.

http://www.levimage.com/IMAGE/Web/Product/Pen_Ink/Pens/AP16000.jpg

fountainpenkid
July 23rd, 2012, 09:47 AM
that looks great! congrats!

KrazyIvan
July 23rd, 2012, 12:05 PM
It just came in. :) I will be grinding the nib to a stub and possibly selling the pen which was my original intention. :) That is unless someone wants it without the grind.

Also, used the credit I won on the Jetpens.com blog towards a Monteverde Artista Crystal.

http://static1.jetpens.com/images/a/000/036/36476.jpg

writingrav
July 23rd, 2012, 01:07 PM
Excellent choice. I'm really enjoying my Arista Crystal.

Bogon07
July 23rd, 2012, 04:54 PM
Gee KI, two more nice pens. It is getting hard to keep up.
The Levenger True Writer in Sea Glass is very pretty and captures an aquatic feel. Similar to looking at the gravel in an aquarium.
Monteverde Artista Crystal has an understated elegancy of chrome and crystal....what colour ink would you be put in it ?

Pinkys.Brain
July 27th, 2012, 02:39 AM
A bunch of older German fountain pens arrived. What a mess! Half of them are not working, and I sometimes cannot even screw off the nibs/feeds because the ink in them is also 30+ years old...arghhhhh

Ebay, you cannot always have luck -_-

writingrav
July 27th, 2012, 07:40 AM
Awaiting a Safari demonstrator and a Vista demonstrator.

manoeuver
July 27th, 2012, 08:00 AM
Awaiting a Safari demonstrator and a Vista demonstrator.

wait a tic...

am I missing something?

KrazyIvan
July 27th, 2012, 02:24 PM
wait a tic...

am I missing something?

I know I missed it. :eek:

writingrav
July 27th, 2012, 03:01 PM
Not sure what it is everyone missed. I found both on ebay.

Now also awaiting a Pelikan M200 Demonstrator.

KrazyIvan
July 27th, 2012, 04:47 PM
I had to look it up but I found it. When I knew the Safari line, a demonstrator was the Vista. :) Now I see there is actually a Safari Demo.

writingrav
July 27th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Glad I wasn't seeing things.

dgator
July 31st, 2012, 08:46 PM
Sheaffer Clipper Snorkel

fountainpenkid
August 1st, 2012, 09:34 AM
Pelikan 400 is here! It has a great EF semi flex, and a old style friction fit nib, with the longitudinal feed. I can'w wait to finish my comparison between it and my white torty!

Will

KrazyIvan
August 1st, 2012, 10:06 AM
I was browsing the FPN classified.

First mistake.

I saw speerbob's post for some Delta pens.

Second Mistake.

I clicked on the Delta Scrigno post.

Third Mistake.

Will purchasing the Blue Marble be the fourth mistake?
Speerbob's image:

http://www.speerbob.com/ebay/secretblue2.jpg
http://www.speerbob.com/ebay/secretblue.jpg

writingrav
August 1st, 2012, 10:55 AM
And I was browsing FP Geeks Forums and saw KrazyIvan's post about browsing Speerbob's Deltas. First mistake. Will others follow? Luckily, I'm broke.

KrazyIvan
August 1st, 2012, 10:58 AM
Don't underestimate the power of the Dark Side. :D Added the capped picture and forgot to mention if anyone knows the secret this pen holds.

Okami
August 3rd, 2012, 09:56 PM
I have had a crazy week. I have ordered an Edison Pearlette, a Platinum Plasir and the Gate City Dunn from Richard Binder. I am going crazy waiting for the mail person. Anybody else waiting for a pen or pens?

I know that I am very late to the party here - but I have been considering a Dunn myself and was wondering how you like it. Gold or steel nib?

writingrav
August 4th, 2012, 10:33 AM
I know that I am very late to the party here - but I have been considering a Dunn myself and was wondering how you like it. Gold or steel nib?

I love the pen primarily because the filling system is so cool and the nib is Binderized.

Bogon07
August 4th, 2012, 07:00 PM
Pencils of Yog-Sothoth from Innsmouth House. Beyond the darkside.

KrazyIvan
August 4th, 2012, 10:51 PM
Pencils of Yog-Sothoth from Innsmouth House. Beyond the darkside.

Those look like my "The New Black" pencils.

fountainpenkid
August 5th, 2012, 09:14 AM
993 In the BOX!!! YAY!

(note: I took this pic from dan's blog)

KrazyIvan
August 7th, 2012, 03:40 PM
Delta Scrigno arrived and is inked with Private Reserve Lake Placid Blue. The ink also happens to be my first ever PR ink that I ever purchased. Looks like the bottle is about 2/3 full now.

fountainpenkid
August 7th, 2012, 05:14 PM
Delta Scrigno arrived and is inked with Private Reserve Lake Placid Blue. The ink also happens to be my first ever PR ink that I ever purchased. Looks like the bottle is about 2/3 full now.

pic?

KrazyIvan
August 8th, 2012, 08:52 AM
pic?

Post #416 of this very thread.

Petergly
August 8th, 2012, 04:06 PM
I bought a JINHAO Century Celluloid in Marble the other day; I'm expecting it in the next few weeks. Hopefully it arrives before I get the buying urge again.

Now I need to find an ink for it - maybe that Noodlers Green I found the other day, or something a little different. So many choices!

Regards,

KrazyIvan
August 8th, 2012, 04:18 PM
I bought a JINHAO Century Celluloid in Marble the other day; I'm expecting it in the next few weeks. Hopefully it arrives before I get the buying urge again.

Now I need to find an ink for it - maybe that Noodlers Green I found the other day, or something a little different. So many choices!

Regards,

I have the blue one. For the money it is okay. My only beef with it is the shield logo on the clip. I have the same issue with the 159.

Petergly
August 8th, 2012, 04:58 PM
I have the blue one. For the money it is okay. My only beef with it is the shield logo on the clip. I have the same issue with the 159.

Hmmm... Am I right in thinking the logo comes lose? Or is it something else?

writingrav
August 10th, 2012, 05:45 AM
Arrived home from vacation yesterday to a cornucopia of packages: Italix Parson's Essential, Pelikan M200 Demonstrator, Kaweco Sport Clear Demonstrator, White Lamy Safari and Silver-Green Lamy Al-Star. Wow am I going to have fun today.

KrazyIvan
August 10th, 2012, 08:38 AM
Hmmm... Am I right in thinking the logo comes lose? Or is it something else?

No, it is part of the clip but I think it makes it look a little cheesy.

Bogon07
August 11th, 2012, 01:41 AM
Arrived home from vacation yesterday to a cornucopia of packages: Italix Parson's Essential, Pelikan M200 Demonstrator, Kaweco Sport Clear Demonstrator, White Lamy Safari and Silver-Green Lamy Al-Star. Wow am I going to have fun today.
ooh a SilverGreen Al-Star. They are getting hard to find these days. Zhivago or Adventurine goes well in one..

outbackpengeek
August 13th, 2012, 02:53 AM
I’m waiting for a Monteverde Invincia Stylus with a 1.1 stub, and a Black/Green Pelikan M800 with a medium nib. Actually, going out of my mind with anticipation covers it better for the Pelikan rather than merely 'waiting'.

fountainpenkid
August 13th, 2012, 05:47 AM
LAMY 2000 for $75!!!!!!!

Bogon07
August 13th, 2012, 06:11 PM
Waiting on a non-Lamy ...Parker Vector Looney Tunes TAZ Tasmanian Devil with M nib.

LAMY 2000 for $75!!!!!!!

You lucky devil. That's only about $200 under the Australian RRP
http://notemaker.com.au/products/lamy-2000-fountain-pen

What type of nib did you get ?

KrazyIvan
August 13th, 2012, 08:24 PM
Waiting on a non-Lamy ...Parker Vector Looney Tunes TAZ Tasmanian Devil with M nib.

Nice one Bogon. :D I see you are starting to branch out. :)

fountainpenkid
August 13th, 2012, 08:52 PM

EF nib

Bogon07
August 13th, 2012, 10:31 PM
Nice one Bogon. :D I see you are starting to branch out. :)
Yes, I'm adding to my extensive collection of Parkers :pound: (I've wanted to use this one for a while now)

KrazyIvan
August 14th, 2012, 09:00 AM
I decided to bite the bullet. Parson's Essential w/ M Italic and my name engraved on it. I am truly done with pens for a while. I will probably be culling my collection soon also. I just need to sit down and decide which ones need to go.

MrPen image:

http://www.mrpen.co.uk/contents/media/parsons%20new%20ring.png

snedwos
August 14th, 2012, 09:09 AM
As long as it doesn't mean you're leaving us, you do what you gotta do. But WHY????

KrazyIvan
August 14th, 2012, 09:12 AM
I was not clear. I am not going anywhere, I am just not buying any more pens for a while. I need to follow my own advice and use the pens I buy. I can't stand for a pen to sit on a shelf unused. That's why I am not buying any more pens and reducing the size of my collection. First, I need to review more pens before selling them. Power to the users! :D

fountainpenkid
August 14th, 2012, 12:05 PM
Well--bogon can take that $75 lamy 2k--I don't have the money to take that AND the Aurora 88. I've decided to go with the 88. Bogon--you can send a private message to Organics Studio on Facebook-and he'll send you a paypal if you want it :)(

Will

Bogon07
August 14th, 2012, 07:35 PM
Well--bogon can take that $75 lamy 2k--I don't have the money to take that AND the Aurora 88. I've decided to go with the 88. Bogon--you can send a private message to Organics Studio on Facebook-and he'll send you a paypal if you want it :)(
Will
KPK, tempting but I already have a 14K EF nib in my White Studio and I'm saving up brownie points for the Jaffa Red Studio in October. Can't you raid your piggybank and stretch your funds to cover it?

Krazy Ivan, careful what pens you sell off.
Remember TBR selling off all his minidiscs except one then buying most of them back a bit later.

KrazyIvan
August 14th, 2012, 07:43 PM
I do remember. Also how everyone ribbed hom for going iPod. :p

Bogon07
August 14th, 2012, 09:35 PM
I do remember. Also how everyone ribbed hom for going iPod. :p
And back again.

melissa59
August 14th, 2012, 10:45 PM
Will, did you get a pen at the DC pen show?
I've been AWOL from this sit for a couple weeks and just now found my way back. I glanced through a few threads but didn't see an announcement.

melissa59
August 14th, 2012, 10:55 PM
I am not going anywhere, I am just not buying any more pens for a while. I need to follow my own advice and use the pens I buy.

Yeah for you not going anywhere!

And kudos to you for deciding to watch your purchases. I think some people collect pens just to collect pens, and that's OK if you have the money and intend to collect then to look at, like artwork.

I have to really watch my pen spending. I've noticed that even a Chinese Pen here and an Indian pen there can add up. Also, I'm not so much of a collector as a user. I don't want to own a pen that it so costly that I won't ink it up and use it.

I've decided to narrow my focus to getting Lamy NIBS (EF, 1.9 and maybe a B to complete my "collection") so that I have a variety of nibs to play with, and Esterbrook J pens, so that I can have a nice, fine-line writing pen inked up in most every color family (black, blue, green, brown, red, and silver for purple ink).

Once I get that basic, low-cost "collection" (and I use that term lightly) I'll consider adding a special pen now and then ... or maybe I'll be satisfied with my low-cost variety. :-)

Bogon07
August 14th, 2012, 11:51 PM
I've decided to narrow my focus to getting Lamy NIBS (EF, 1.9 and maybe a B to complete my "collection") so that I have a variety of nibs to play with, and Esterbrook J pens, so that I can have a nice, fine-line writing pen inked up in most every color family (black, blue, green, brown, red, and silver for purple ink).

Once I get that basic, low-cost "collection" (and I use that term lightly) I'll consider adding a special pen now and then ... or maybe I'll be satisfied with my low-cost variety. :-)

Melissa59 this list may interest you.
AVAILABLE LAMY NIB GRADES
• EF (extra fine)
• F (fine)
• M (medium)
• B (broad)
• LH (left-handed, medium) -special left-handed nibs specifically designed for left hand use and these are different to Lamy oblique nibs
• MK ('beginner's nib' is ball-tipped to be more forgiving to nib rotation and angle.)
• OM (oblique medium)
• OB (oblique broad) OM & OB designed to accomodate a rotated writing position, Lamy oblique nibs are angled specifically so that the nib contacts with the paper at the correct angle.

Italic 1.1
Italic 1.5
Italic 1.9

I also notice that you can get a BB nib with the Lamy2000 but I think that is slightly different to the normal interchangable Lamy nibs

I've found that the LH nibs are really nice and smooth to write with and even Mrs Bogon likes them even though she is right-handed.

Petergly
August 15th, 2012, 01:14 AM
Still waiting on my Jinhao. It's been posted, but I suspect I've got another week or 2 before it turns up.

WenV
August 15th, 2012, 02:02 AM
I am eagerly anticipating a Sailor Sapporo Clear Demonstrator (M nib). I've read a lot about how smooth it is to write with. Looking forward to it.

writingrav
August 15th, 2012, 07:30 AM
I am eagerly anticipating a Sailor Sapporo Clear Demonstrator (M nib). I've read a lot about how smooth it is to write with. Looking forward to it.

Great pen, I love mine. Enjoy!

fountainpenkid
August 15th, 2012, 03:24 PM
Will, did you get a pen at the DC pen show?
I've been AWOL from this sit for a couple weeks and just now found my way back. I glanced through a few threads but didn't see an announcement.

Sadly, I didn't go. The day before (after months of telling my parents about it) they said "we don't have the money right now". That is true, and that is why I can't get the lamy 2k and the A88--I have to give the money I make to help support my family (this all feels very weird as we live in one of the richest areas in CT, right on the water...)

Will

(P.S--your generous donation will help go towards the Aurora 88)

Chi Town
August 16th, 2012, 08:13 PM
I am awaiting for a vintage DuoFold Set of Fountain Pen and Pencil from the bay.....Due this Saturday, I hope!

fountainpenkid
August 22nd, 2012, 07:12 AM
Vintage Aurora 88 --my second one! It is nicer than my first, which was very well used, to say the least! I am also waiting for my Sheaffer Triumph Crest, restored by Ron Zorn. I should be great!

Greg Minuskin
August 22nd, 2012, 09:32 PM
I am waiting for another load of flex pens from my picker, about $800 worth, so watch my site if you like flex, and a few collectable pens too!

Greg Minuskin
www.gregminuskin.com
greg@gregminuskin.com

fountainpenkid
August 22nd, 2012, 09:53 PM
any conklin nozacs? ;)

(I crave these pens, yet they are hard to find under $200, in good condtion :(

manoeuver
August 23rd, 2012, 12:45 PM
Pilot Murex in F from Tyler @ Organics Studio. Picked up some ink too, while the getting's good!

manoeuver
August 23rd, 2012, 02:05 PM
Pilot Murex in F from Tyler @ Organics Studio. Picked up some ink too, while the getting's good!
it's here:

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m262/timhofmann/IMG_20120823_160333.jpg

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m262/timhofmann/IMG_20120823_160346.jpg

KrazyIvan
August 23rd, 2012, 03:05 PM
Oh that thing is beautiful!

Petergly
August 23rd, 2012, 04:42 PM
My Jinhao Celluloid arrived earlier this week.

I seem to be lucky - it writes very nicely with the old Lamy blue I had lying around - smooth, a bit wet, certainly no skipping. I like this ink; suspect I'm in the minority though. :-)

I took advice I saw posted elsewhere and rinsed it out with a very dilute soap/water mix before inking it up.

Very happy with the purchase.

Bogon07
August 23rd, 2012, 06:55 PM
Manoeuver that Pilot Murex is a nice looking pen, hope it writes as good as it looks.
If it was white it would be a similar style to the ill-fated TSR.2, a great plane killed off by politics.

You going to mix up some Boron Manganate too ?

Petergly, very attractive Jinhao Celluloid.

manoeuver
August 24th, 2012, 05:34 AM
I inked the murex right up with Boron. it writes a beautifully wet fine line, I just wrote with it for half an hour. The Boron looks almost black on the page.

I don't think the boron would look good mixed with the manganate V.

Okami
August 24th, 2012, 02:27 PM
I was bad/good this week. I just received my new 2012 VP LE from Goulet Pens and I ordered a New Dunn pen from Richard Binder which should arrive next week :jaw:

Tracy Lee
August 24th, 2012, 02:30 PM
Visconti Opera Carneval. Medium nib. Fahrneys is having an end of summer blowout and I have trouble resisting Visconti at 35% or more off the usual. I swear they know that and they are probably only sending me the email, throwing in other pens I would not be interested in. :p. Not that I am complaining, don't be mislead by my ridiculous pontifications! :)

Greg Minuskin
August 25th, 2012, 10:20 AM
I am waiting for a Sheaffer's flex Snorkel; super rare pen!

Greg Minuskin
www.gregminuskin.com
greg@gregminuskin.com

back to basics
September 3rd, 2012, 12:04 PM
I'm waiting on a Franklin-Chrisoph m29. I was thinking on how I needed a nice black pen, and low and behold along comes the FC. I just started getting into fp's about 8 months ago, and am already up to 4 pens in my collection, and I am not gonna tell a lie an say I'm finished. Guess I'm gonna have to work more OT.

manoeuver
September 3rd, 2012, 03:48 PM
popped for 3 pens from fountainpenrevolution.com last night. excited to try out their new flex nibs...

Petergly
September 3rd, 2012, 04:11 PM
I recently sprung for a Jinhao 159, based on KrazyIvan's review the other week. Actually, I had it on my watchlist before the review appeared, but this pushed me over the edge... :-)

Hoping it turns up this week.

JustDaveyB
September 4th, 2012, 08:38 PM
I am waiting for three pens now

Waterman Preface Gold Plated - it will take my Waterman Preface collection to 14 - only one normal and one Limited Edition to find.

TWSBI Micarta - my first TWSBI

Pelikan M600 Tortoiseshell White SE - That will take my Pelikan count to 20 and my M6XX count to 13.

liapuyat
September 6th, 2012, 05:54 AM
Looking forward to a Bexley Corona in Lemon Meringue, with an F steel nib. Wish I could afford the gold nib, but most of the feedback I've read says that the steel nib is already pretty good. I love piston-fillers, and the Lemon Meringue's colors (white, yellow, olive, brown) appeal to me. Getting it on Sept. 15!

Petergly
September 6th, 2012, 06:54 AM
I just dived in and bought another - a Baoer U85 in lovely bright red. It cost me a total of $8.60AU... Fingers crossed it writes as nicely as the Jinhao celluloid I purchased recently.

I must admit I am loving the lucky dip that is Chinese fountain pens... :-)

fountainpenkid
September 6th, 2012, 06:16 PM
nice! If I wasn't such a stickler for gold nibs I would get one :)

JustDaveyB
September 6th, 2012, 06:51 PM
nice! If I wasn't such a stickler for gold nibs I would get one :)

You do know that gold is not necessarily better? Two of my favourite nibs are steel. The 1.1mm Italic on my Stipula Vedo and the medium (set and smoothed by Richard Binder) on my Bexley Americana Sanibel Blue...

todayilearned
September 7th, 2012, 01:48 AM
A Franklin-Cristoph 27 and Piper Empire Dark Forest

outbackpengeek
September 9th, 2012, 01:31 AM
I'm waiting for;

A silver double jeweled Parker Vacumatic with a flex nib - this will be my first flex nib so looking forward to that.
A Lamy 2K (fine) to replace the one I bent the nib on
A Faber-Castel E-Motion Pearwood (broad) - I've had the pencil for years, and love the shape of it
A blue Sheaffer PFM III
A vintage Aurora 88
A black Pilot Fermo (fine)
A green Sheaffer Snorkel (medium) - this is a Christmas present for my wife. She doesn't know she wants a fountain pen, yet :)
A grey Sheaffer Snorkel - this one I got cheaply, which is good because I really only wanted the original box and instructions for the green Snorkel gift
A brown (the seller said maroon but I don't think they exist) Parker 51 Vacumatic

Hmm...I think I should stay away from this thread in future...listing them all out at once is worrisome ;)

fountainpenkid
September 9th, 2012, 05:45 AM
You do know that gold is not necessarily better? Two of my favourite nibs are steel. The 1.1mm Italic on my Stipula Vedo and the medium (set and smoothed by Richard Binder) on my Bexley Americana Sanibel Blue...

oh, believe me, I know very well. There is nothing really better about gold nibs, except for flex. But as it has been said before, fountain pens aren't always about making rational desicions (If we were rational we wouldn't be using them), so I can be irrational about nibs. Plus, most of the pens I really like the design and feel of have gold nibs. The TWSBI Mini might just make its way into my collection-The really great design and price far outweigh the steel nib :)

fountainpenkid
September 9th, 2012, 05:46 AM
That is alot of pens I don't know what I would do if I was waiting for that many!

I'm waiting for;

A silver double jeweled Parker Vacumatic with a flex nib - this will be my first flex nib so looking forward to that.
A Lamy 2K (fine) to replace the one I bent the nib on
A Faber-Castel E-Motion Pearwood (broad) - I've had the pencil for years, and love the shape of it
A blue Sheaffer PFM III
A vintage Aurora 88
A black Pilot Fermo (fine)
A green Sheaffer Snorkel (medium) - this is a Christmas present for my wife. She doesn't know she wants a fountain pen, yet :)
A grey Sheaffer Snorkel - this one I got cheaply, which is good because I really only wanted the original box and instructions for the green Snorkel gift
A brown (the seller said maroon but I don't think they exist) Parker 51 Vacumatic

Hmm...I think I should stay away from this thread in future...listing them all out at once is worrisome ;)

outbackpengeek
September 10th, 2012, 02:21 AM
That is alot of pens I don't know what I would do if I was waiting for that many!
That's a couple of months worth of ordering, but it takes so long for anything to get delivered to Alice Springs that it all mounts up. You can imagine my eye rolling when people complain about having to wait a week :p

JustDaveyB
September 11th, 2012, 06:24 PM
I am waiting for three pens now

Waterman Preface Gold Plated - it will take my Waterman Preface collection to 14 - only one normal and one Limited Edition to find.

TWSBI Micarta - my first TWSBI

Pelikan M600 Tortoiseshell White SE - That will take my Pelikan count to 20 and my M6XX count to 13.

Now waiting for four

Pelikan M600 Red o' Red SE added this morning

Am on a binge that must stop as my FP budget only has a couple of thousand dollars left to last till next July...

fountainpenkid
September 11th, 2012, 07:21 PM
Conklin Nozac or Lamy 2k??? Which will it be?!

JustDaveyB
September 11th, 2012, 08:30 PM
That's a couple of months worth of ordering, but it takes so long for anything to get delivered to Alice Springs that it all mounts up. You can imagine my eye rolling when people complain about having to wait a week :p

A week is a dream!
Japan or Malaysia is normally the quickest for me. (they should be as they are geographically quite near), UK is fast too but US can vary from four days (LA-Brisbane) to 4 weeks (Had a bit of a side trip to Canada along the way)

fountainpenkid
September 12th, 2012, 06:22 PM
and the winner is....Lamy 2k!!!

JustDaveyB
September 12th, 2012, 07:54 PM
Now waiting for four

Pelikan M600 Red o' Red SE added this morning

Am on a binge that must stop as my FP budget only has a couple of thousand dollars left to last till next July...

Still waiting for four

Waterman Preface Gold Plated arrived and I purchased a Pelikan M400 White Tortoise to match the M600 that is still coming.

Now I really really REALLY need to stop this binge buying...

JustDaveyB
September 12th, 2012, 07:56 PM
and the winner is....Lamy 2k!!!

What sized nib?

fountainpenkid
September 12th, 2012, 08:28 PM
What sized nib?

I paid, and the pen had sold before i sent my payment! :( refunded though. Now, should I go for another one ($115, EF nib) or go with the RESTORED, nice 12 sided Nozac (flex nib, $165)...

snedwos
September 12th, 2012, 09:38 PM
What can you get for those $50 that you really want? A lot of ink for 50 bucks... And paper. I would also say alcohol, but you're too young...

Now, should I go for another one ($115, EF nib) or go with the RESTORED, nice 12 sided Nozac (flex nib, $165)...

fountainpenkid
September 13th, 2012, 04:39 AM
What can you get for those $50 that you really want? A lot of ink for 50 bucks... And paper. I would also say alcohol, but you're too young...
I think I'd get some ink, and maybe a third nib for my vintage A88.

Bogon07
September 14th, 2012, 10:52 PM
Lamy CP1 with black LH nib.

Jinhao X450 SeaBlue Marble & Gold with B nib.

snedwos
September 15th, 2012, 05:20 AM
Bought yesterday: Pelikan M215 Rectangles with a Broad nib. The nib is a little temperamental, it has a very defined sweet spot, at an angle I don't normally write. I can live with it until I'm ready to upgrade to a gold 400 nib. Also got a bottle of Edelstein Aventurine, which is absolutely gorgeous.

Halfway through typing this, my parcel of Nodler's arrived!!!!

Maja
September 15th, 2012, 12:55 PM
I caved in and finally bought the"fiesta red"-coloured Sheaffer touchdown-filler (I think it's a Cadet model) that Rick Krantz was selling on Pentrace. I waited and waited and finally when the price dropped to $20 (incl. shipping), I decided that I couldn't hold out any longer. :p

ink mixer
September 17th, 2012, 08:25 PM
My new Platinum Carbon Deskpen arrived today. It is a pretty amazing nib for the price point. I only get one day to play with it, though, because I'm going on a trip.

manoeuver
September 18th, 2012, 06:00 PM
just spent some dough at isellpens. got a jinhao 159, a pilot 78g, some field notes and 4 other cheap chinese guys. should be fun, I do think most of these will result in FP evangelism.

Tracy Lee
September 18th, 2012, 07:22 PM
Honey gold Visconti Opera.

Petergly
September 19th, 2012, 02:04 AM
My red Baoer U85 turned up today. Very impressed!

I had to adjust the nib a little with this one - and this was the first time I've ever adjusted a nib. And, lo and behold - I got it right! Its flow was a little irregular, but a little fiddling got it working well. It's finer than I thought, but that's good as the Jinhao 159 I got the other week is broader than I thought, so I've got a reasonable balance now. Writes a little wet but I like that. Currently has some Sheaffer Skrip in red in it - it's a red pen, so I thought red ink would be suitable.

That's 3 Chinese pens I've bought in the last 3-4 weeks, and they have all worked well from the start. I think I'll stop now though, as I suspect my luck will run out soon... :-)

snedwos
September 22nd, 2012, 05:25 AM
Pulled the trigger on a TWSBI Diamond 540 in clear with the 1.5mm stub. That's the last thing I'll be buying for quite a long time, though an Ahab, a TWSBI 1.1mm unit and a pelikan m400 nib are next on my list.

fountainpenkid
September 22nd, 2012, 03:07 PM
Honey gold Visconti Opera.

nice pen!!

Tracy Lee
September 22nd, 2012, 05:37 PM
Love my Visconti, and this is Opera #3. Love them, they write beautifully and have some weight to them.

Saintpaulia
September 22nd, 2012, 11:32 PM
Jinhao 165
Reform 1745

fountainpenkid
September 24th, 2012, 06:21 PM
I have just spent over $200 on a pen...something I thought I wouldn't do for a while. What is this pen? An OMAS Paragon, old style, MINT IN BOX from 1990, with a flexy fine nib. It should be awesome!!! I might end up trading for a milord if it is too big, though.

KrazyIvan
September 25th, 2012, 03:13 PM
I put spending on pens on hold for a bit but when grandmia/Stef posted that Blue Rock Face, Conway Stewart No. 226 video, I inquired. Deal is done. If you read this, thanks again Stef!