PDA

View Full Version : What Pens(s) Are You Waiting For?

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

grandmia
September 25th, 2012, 04:01 PM
I put spending on pens on hold for a bit but when grandmia/Stef posted that Blue Rock Face, Conway Stewart No. 226 video, I inquired. Deal is done. If you read this, thanks again Stef!

Hi Ivan...Many thanks.The pen will be on the way to you in the morning....Enjoy....

Stef.

snedwos
September 26th, 2012, 08:07 AM
Hmmm, it's starting to llok like there's a chance my TWSBI cold be lost in the post. The vendor has offered to replace it with a coloured one (they're out of stock at TWSBI apparently) or a refund, but I was kind of set on the clear... Oh well, I'll wait a bit longer for it, and then see. Probably spend my refund on an Ahab and some nice paper...

KrazyIvan
September 26th, 2012, 08:39 AM
Hi Ivan...Many thanks.The pen will be on the way to you in the morning....Enjoy....

Stef.

Awesome! Can't wait. :D

penultress
September 26th, 2012, 07:39 PM
My Pelikan M400 white tortoiseshell should be here any day, should have been here today but hasn't turned up :(

fountainpenkid
September 26th, 2012, 07:54 PM
My Pelikan M400 white tortoiseshell should be here any day, should have been here today but hasn't turned up :(

enjoy! my white torty is one of my favorite pens...ever!! what nib did you get?

penultress
September 26th, 2012, 08:15 PM
enjoy! my white torty is one of my favorite pens...ever!! what nib did you get?

Thanks! I got the M. I'm really looking forward to getting it! I hope the package isn't stuck in customs or something.

fountainpenkid
September 26th, 2012, 08:41 PM
wheres it coming from?

penultress
September 27th, 2012, 09:02 PM
wheres it coming from?

I purchased it from castle98 and it's shipped from Singapore. Tracking says it already arrived in New York last Saturday! ;( I'm hoping it'll show up tomorrow.

jar
September 27th, 2012, 09:06 PM
Tay is one of the good ones, always a pleasure to deal with.

penultress
September 27th, 2012, 10:34 PM
Tay is one of the good ones, always a pleasure to deal with.

Agree. I ordered from him because of the great reviews I've read!

auto winder
September 28th, 2012, 12:35 AM
I'm waiting for a Kaigelu 356 and a Jinhao 159. After those two, I'll thinking about getting either a Lamy Studio or a Lamy 2000, but I guess if I buy a Lamy Studio now instead of saving for a 2000, there is a high risk that I'll still buy a 2000 later... :confused:

snedwos
September 28th, 2012, 02:31 PM
Well, my TWSBI 540 appears to have been lost. Luckily, Ross at NichePens is replacing it for me. Unfortunately, he didn't have any clear ones left, so I'm getting a blue 1.1 rather than a clear 1.5. If I'm especially lucky, the original one will turn up anyway, and I'll have an extra pen courtesy of the Royal Mail. Very impressed with the communication from NichePens.

Bogon07
September 28th, 2012, 11:28 PM
Jinhao X450 - found a Post Office note on Friday afternoon at 5:05pm when I returned home from work.
Now the wait until Tuesday as Monday is a public holiday ! Hoping the CP1 will arrive next week too.

fountainpenkid
September 29th, 2012, 05:45 AM
still excitedly waiting for the omas...it was shipped from somewhere in asia, so I think 5 days sounds right.

snedwos
September 29th, 2012, 05:54 AM
Woohoo! I got my TWSBI today! It feels much more solid than I expected from all the chatter on the internet, in fact it feels less fragile than my Pelikan M215, and better finished (the pel has mould lines on the section, which is unimpressive.

The 1.5 italic takes a little getting used to, but it brings out the shading from Apache sunset beautifully. Finally, I've got a decent pen and ink combo to produce the ring inscription!

penultress
September 29th, 2012, 06:20 AM
Woohoo! I got my TWSBI today! It feels much more solid than I expected from all the chatter on the internet, in fact it feels less fragile than my Pelikan M215, and better finished (the pel has mould lines on the section, which is unimpressive.

The 1.5 italic takes a little getting used to, but it brings out the shading from Apache sunset beautifully. Finally, I've got a decent pen and ink combo to produce the ring inscription!

The 1.5 italic and Apache Sunset sound combination sounds great!

penultress
September 29th, 2012, 06:21 AM
Another woo! My Pelikan 400 white tortoiseshell arrived! It's so beautiful! I haven't yet decided which ink to use as I recently got several ink samples from gouletpens!

snedwos
September 29th, 2012, 07:45 AM
The 1.5 italic and Apache Sunset sound combination sounds great!

Oh so nice! It's a shame I haven't got the clear demo, because that would be truly magnificent. I've written something up, I'll post it later.

efj3
September 30th, 2012, 07:41 AM
Just sold a watch, so I justified getting a Pelikan M605.

So, there's a Pelikan M605 on it's way to me from RichardsPens.com, in Black with Silver trim, F nib (binderized).

Also, ordered the Pelikan one pen leather case with the green leather strap for good measure.

And what good would a Pelikan be without some new Pelikan ink? So I ordered a bottle of Edelstein Adventurine (Green) from JetPens.com.

Extremely excited to get this one, as it's my first Pelikan, looking to replace my Montblanc 149 in my daily carry.

Tracy Lee
September 30th, 2012, 03:39 PM
Okay, now waiting for a new Kaleido Voyager in Amber, and just splurged on a never used Visconti Dragon Mazzi for an awesome price. My 17 just hit 19. :-)

ddustinn
September 30th, 2012, 05:40 PM
A lot of old piston fillers and a couple old Kawecos from Perlson Enterprises and a Model 4 Eyedropper from Ranga Pens. I'm expecting the piston fillers to be here tomorrow! :)

KrazyIvan
September 30th, 2012, 09:09 PM
Jinhao X450 - found a Post Office note on Friday afternoon at 5:05pm when I returned home from work.
Now the wait until Tuesday as Monday is a public holiday ! Hoping the CP1 will arrive next week too.

More branching out Bogon?

Steph
October 1st, 2012, 03:47 PM
A bunch of Chinese pens: a "set" of Kaigelu's Three Kingdoms (Liu Bei, Guang Yu, and Zhang Fei) and a Jinhao pocket missile. Hopefully all arriving tomorrow or Wednesday.

Bogon07
October 1st, 2012, 07:43 PM
More branching out Bogon?

Yep and while showing Mrs Bogon what the pen looks like on eBay (she didn't warm to the gold fittings) I saw another neat looking & cheap Jinhao.

However I was required to order the Parker Vector TweetyBird fountainpen & ballpoint set for her so now we're waiting on that too.

penultress
October 1st, 2012, 07:46 PM
I'm now waiting on 3 vintage pens: 1 Sheaffer balance brown striated, 1 Othello 610 (not familiar but if someone is, please comment!) and 1 Giulietta (also not familiar). These vintage pens all look so cool!

Bogon07
October 1st, 2012, 08:09 PM
Just rec'd an update from Mrs Bogon that she has successfully retrieved the Jinhao from the ministrations of our local PostOffice and the CP1 from GouletPens was delivered early this morning 7:10am !!!!
Blast, another 5-1/2 hours to go.

snedwos
October 10th, 2012, 08:28 AM
I have just taken delivery of my first vintage pen! It's an Aussie-made Sheaffer TM Touchdown (I couldn't say which model, but no white dot). After trimming and refitting the sac, and cleaning a lot of black ink out it seems to be working fine!

Bogon07
October 23rd, 2012, 07:23 PM
Waiting on two Jinhao15 & a Baoer801 all fine nibs.

jtballistic
October 23rd, 2012, 08:23 PM
1 Australian-made Sheaffer Snorkel (Pastel Green) in medium.
2 USA-made Sheaffer Snorkels (Sentinel, Clipper) in medium.
1 Waterman Carene Contempory Gun Metal in Broad.
1 Platinum Izumo (Red Black) in Fine.

Goodbye to any more pen purchases for 2012. Bring on 2013!

fountainpenkid
October 24th, 2012, 04:34 AM
TWSBI Mini in Classic with a medium nib. Can't wait!

manoeuver
October 24th, 2012, 04:57 AM
me first LAMY2K is on its way to me from Poland. It's in New York now.

writingrav
October 24th, 2012, 07:31 AM
Awaiting the Nemosene Singularity and Twsbi Mini.

dabrez
October 24th, 2012, 07:49 AM
Just ordered a TWSBI Mini with a fine nib. Looks like the wait for the Mini is almost over!

Bogon07
October 24th, 2012, 04:07 PM
me first LAMY2K is on its way to me from Poland. It's in New York now.

Markraolon or Stainless Steel ?

Which of the bewildering range of nibs did you select:
extra fine (EF) / fine (F) / medium (M) / broad (B) / extra broad (BB) / oblique, medium (OM) / oblique, broad (OB) / oblique, extra broad (OBB).

dgator
October 24th, 2012, 08:30 PM
A Jinhao Pocket Missle...thanks to Doc Brown's review :-)

KrazyIvan
October 25th, 2012, 09:01 AM
A Jinhao Pocket Missle...thanks to Doc Brown's review :-)

I have that in my eBay queue but keep skipping over it.

While working on getting a replacement feed for my Chelpark Antic, from Fountain Pen Revolution, I decided to try a few more pens from Kevin. FPR's pics.

Chelpark Antic - Maroon

http://www.fountainpenrevolution.com/wpimages/wp233aa757_01_06.jpg

Serwex MB Flex
http://www.fountainpenrevolution.com/wpimages/wp700dc010_01_06.jpg

Camlin 2R - Blue
http://www.fountainpenrevolution.com/wpimages/wp0001c95e_01_06.jpg

Serwex 362 - Black
http://www.fountainpenrevolution.com/wpimages/wpef1bbc29_01_06.jpg

and a Serwex 1362 - Blue
http://www.fountainpenrevolution.com/wpimages/wpa5505d69_01_06.jpg

manoeuver
October 25th, 2012, 09:21 AM
Markraolon or Stainless Steel ?

Which of the bewildering range of nibs did you select:
extra fine (EF) / fine (F) / medium (M) / broad (B) / extra broad (BB) / oblique, medium (OM) / oblique, broad (OB) / oblique, extra broad (OBB).It's the Makralon. It's either the B or the BB, David edited the deets out of the ad and I forget which one it was. (http://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/1307-Lamy-2000)

Still in New York! argh!

Bogon07
October 25th, 2012, 03:34 PM
It's the Makralon. It's either the B or the BB, David edited the deets out of the ad and I forget which one it was. (http://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/1307-Lamy-2000)

Still in New York! argh!

Congratulations, I hope its in your hot little left hand soon and filled with green ink.

Daakusaido, didn't I recall a post where you were intending to cull or condense your collection :bump2:

manoeuver
October 25th, 2012, 08:49 PM
Congratulations, I hope its in your hot little left hand soon and filled with green ink.

hey thanks! me too. I'm guessing it's held up in customs for a minute. Prolly getting the PR ebony green but I might go with a lamy ink first just to appease the good Dr. Lamy.

Steph
October 26th, 2012, 09:55 AM
Waiting for the Twsbi Mini Classic with a broad nib. Also a vintage MB from the 50's, which look like a 344 from the pictures on eBay.

Bogon07
October 27th, 2012, 02:55 PM
Another tubular Lamy, the Linea F Herringbone Fountain Pen Fine Nib Free Z26 Converter from OfficeIgloo.
I've seen this pen variously called Herringbone, fishbone or wave. Fishbone is probably correct it being a Linea F while the striped or pinstriped one is a Linea S.

KrazyIvan
October 29th, 2012, 11:15 AM

Daakusaido, didn't I recall a post where you were intending to cull or condense your collection :bump2:

Yeah, well, you know how that goes. :p I did cull a few less used pens by trading some away. I am still thinking of culling a few more.

FP_GaF
October 29th, 2012, 12:15 PM
I am patiently awaiting the arrival of my TWSBI Mini all-black...

fountainpenkid
October 29th, 2012, 12:51 PM
I am patiently awaiting the arrival of my TWSBI Mini all-black...

nice! let us know about the nib... mine was great, but it will be interesting to see if they improved the QC...

FP_GaF
October 29th, 2012, 02:15 PM
nice! let us know about the nib... mine was great, but it will be interesting to see if they improved the QC...

Will do but I have to wait for at least one week ("The Writing Desk" is on holiday. Really, how dare they!!!!)

derevaun
October 30th, 2012, 12:22 AM
I'm waiting for my first Esterbrook! It's a red J-series, with what looks like a 9556 nib. I'm studying up on the resacking procedure.

fountainpenkid
October 30th, 2012, 10:57 AM
Pelikan 100n!

Dix
October 30th, 2012, 09:37 PM
My first Nakaya Piccolo cigar is in the mail. I can not wait.

penultress
October 30th, 2012, 10:03 PM
Vintage Sheaffer Lifetime Streamline and Waterman Carene

fountainpenkid
November 1st, 2012, 12:26 PM
Vintage Sheaffer Lifetime Streamline and Waterman Carene

oh...I would be quite ancy if i had those on the way!

writingrav
November 1st, 2012, 02:41 PM
Waiting for a Pilot Metropolitan, ordered today.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

penultress
November 1st, 2012, 09:53 PM
oh...I would be quite ancy if i had those on the way!

:) I am antsy if I think about it! The Sheaffer is coming by economical mail from Europe, so I'll be patient. The Waterman is shipped domestically so I expect to have that one next week - soon enough!

KrazyIvan
November 2nd, 2012, 08:38 AM
I think my Fountain Pen Revolution order is going to be delayed. I hope all those on the board, affected by Sandy, are okay.

Newjelan
November 3rd, 2012, 02:04 AM
Pilot Namiki Falcon SM

inky
November 3rd, 2012, 05:09 PM
Waiting for a WWII era Copper Esterbrook Band-less Dollar pen from Richard Binder.

The Follows
November 3rd, 2012, 06:01 PM
TWSBI Mini

auto winder
November 4th, 2012, 01:43 AM
Parker 51 Aerometric

snedwos
November 14th, 2012, 06:22 AM
Woohoo, just received my Ahab! This is exciting for a European! I'm surprised at how well it fits my hand. The feed seems to struggle to recover after flexing it out for a little bit, it will need some attention.

I'm sure Nathan would be horrified to learn I'm putting his most hated of European inks in it... :O

It does have a slightly odd whiff to it... reminds me of the smell that lingers after a baby is changed: a mixture of dirty nappy and ointment. Is that just me?

KrazyIvan
November 14th, 2012, 08:31 AM
It does have a slightly odd whiff to it... reminds me of the smell that lingers after a baby is changed: a mixture of dirty nappy and ointment. Is that just me?

Not just you. A lot of pens that are made in India have the same smell. It's the resin that they are made of.

snedwos
November 14th, 2012, 09:08 AM
I knew it would smell, I'd heard of it. I just wasn't expecting that. Doesn't stop me liking it.

Bogon07
November 22nd, 2012, 07:48 PM
Waiting on a Lamy Studio Platinum Grey (M).
Hopefully it will beat the Xmas crush of parcels from UK to Australia.

Also tried the Royal Red Studio (A) but I suspect I've buggered up the order. Have to see if it generated any emails from the seller tonight.

Re-input the RoyalRed order.

Now it will be interesting to see which arrives first.

MrClockWork
November 27th, 2012, 09:19 AM
I have a Noodlers Nib Creeper and a Platinum Preppy for eye dropper on their way from GouletPens.

fountainpenkid
November 27th, 2012, 02:52 PM
possibly as second DJ debize Vacumatic...I LOVE my grey one and want to build a collection...

minislot
December 1st, 2012, 01:37 PM
Do Christmas gifts that you've asked for count.
I hope so.

Parker Sonnet Flighter Chrome Trim, nib size unknown (The danger...)
My first grail pen, from before I started using/collecting two years ago.
It will cost (Sent relative amazon link) £6 less than my Sheaffer 300; but will probably blitz it.

fountainpenkid
December 1st, 2012, 02:18 PM
I've used my grandpa's sonnets. They are great pens, minus that darn filling system.

KrazyIvan
December 3rd, 2012, 10:21 AM
Platignum Studio in Blue with the mini converter and Omas Blue ink to go with it.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51VKEqM8O-L._AA1500_.jpg

Wancher something or other. I bought the titanium? color. it is the one marked "A"

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/NEW-2012-MATT-3-COLOR-SERIES-EXCELLENT-NIB-TECHNOLOGY-WANCHER-BRAND-FOUNTAIN-PEN-/00/s/NDc1WDY1MA==/$(KGrHqV,!oEE-2SvHZU1BP952T((nQ~~60_3.JPG

Bogon07
December 3rd, 2012, 02:22 PM
KI,
Nice blue colour that Platignum Studio.
The Wancher something or other is a nice looking pen. Vaguely similar to a Lamy2000 but with a more exposed nib. I'll be really interested in your opinions of that. A looks the best, what material is the barrel ?

Added another Lamy to the waiting list the platinum CP1 with B 14k nib. I think i'm penned out for the year.

KrazyIvan
December 3rd, 2012, 02:49 PM
KI,
Nice blue colour that Platignum Studio.
The Wancher something or other is a nice looking pen. Vaguely similar to a Lamy2000 but with a more exposed nib. I'll be really interested in your opinions of that. A looks the best, what material is the barrel ?

Added another Lamy to the waiting list the platinum CP1 with B 14k nib. I think i'm penned out for the year.

It is really similar to the L2K. It is metal. Watch Ziggy's review on it:

http://youtu.be/CPb52SvTrNo

http://youtu.be/CPb52SvTrNo

I may be penned out for the year but maybe not. :D

fountainpenkid
December 3rd, 2012, 03:00 PM
That Wancher looks cool! My Pelikan m400 and OMAS Paragon are coming bck from their nib tuning!

Bogon07
December 3rd, 2012, 04:06 PM
Ziggy could have overdosed on tea.
I really like the overall look of the titanium Wancher. As Ziggy said the nib joins the barrel in a slightly odd fashion but as long as it is secure that is a minor point.
As much as I'm intrigued by the L2000 for some reason I just can't commit to one yet.

proudscotsman
December 6th, 2012, 04:33 PM
I just ordered 3 Noodlers Ahabs and a mess load of ink samples from Goulet. I think I will have a very good couple weeks ahead.

fountainpenkid
December 6th, 2012, 04:41 PM
Ziggy could have overdosed on tea.
I really like the overall look of the titanium Wancher. As Ziggy said the nib joins the barrel in a slightly odd fashion but as long as it is secure that is a minor point.
As much as I'm intrigued by the L2000 for some reason I just can't commit to one yet.

Once I heard about the burping, I lost interest. Contrary to most people, I hate inky fingers!

fountainpenkid
December 7th, 2012, 01:38 PM
My second Parker Slender 1st gen vac--this time in better cond. and in Golden Brown!!!! I'll be getting my third (a burgundy one :)) after christmas. They are awesome pens!!

snedwos
December 8th, 2012, 05:50 PM
I'm sorry, but I just cannot take a pen named Wancher seriously. But it does look really cool.

fountainpenkid
December 8th, 2012, 06:12 PM
I'm sorry, but I just cannot take a pen named Wancher seriously. But it does look really cool.

I agree. That guy's video is really funny!

fountainpenkid
December 9th, 2012, 04:14 PM
MB 142 (crossing my fingers)

KrazyIvan
December 10th, 2012, 08:49 AM

It's all in the pronunciation, all in the pronunciation... :D

fountainpenkid
December 11th, 2012, 02:35 PM
No longer crossing my fingers on the 142. He reduced his price to something ridiculous now after he says that it has hard starts with MB ink (only MB ink though, not any others..). I don't use MB ink, so I'm snatching it up!!!!!! YAY!!! (I'm super excited because I didn't think I'd ever find this pen for under $200

Bogon07
December 11th, 2012, 02:39 PM
No longer crossing my fingers on the 142. He reduced his price to something ridiculous now after he says that it has hard starts with MB ink (only MB ink though, not any others..). I don't use MB ink, so I'm snatching it up!!!!!! YAY!!! (I'm super excited because I didn't think I'd ever find this pen for under $200

Congratulations. I hope you get by Christmas. What size nib are you getting ?
It is ironic that a MontBlanc pen has trouble with MontBlanc ink.

fountainpenkid
December 11th, 2012, 02:48 PM
well...a vintage montblanc pen mind you :) it is a oblique fine. he says it is very smooth when you hold it right :) It will be my first "special" nib

Bogon07
December 11th, 2012, 04:48 PM
well...a vintage montblanc pen mind you :) it is a oblique fine. he says it is very smooth when you hold it right :) It will be my first "special" nib

mmm very interesting. Oblique Fine sounds intriguing; I'm already anticipating your review on how that writes.

Being left-handed I invisage having to break my wrist and reset it at an odd angle or maybe just twist my arm around to hold an oblique nib properly.

--------------------------------------
I should have looked at Richard Binder's site first :

Note that 30° left-foot oblique italics are not suitable for most users; they are intended primarily for left-handed underwriters who do not find 15° right-foot oblique italics comfortable.

fountainpenkid
December 11th, 2012, 04:51 PM
i have no idea how it will write...I hope it won't need a regrind :(

fountainpenkid
December 12th, 2012, 02:29 PM
Well, the "other guy", who hadn't contacted the seller in 3 days came back and payed before me. My dad is slow to pay everything,--and when time matters, he goes slower :( But I got my golden Slender vac today. It needs a full restoration, a polishing, an ultrasonic cleaning, and a cap lip crack repair....maybe its good I didn't buy the 142...this needs a lot of money put into it. But I am quite bumed right now. I honestly don't think I'll find a MB 142 for $125 shipped EVER again :(

Bogon07
December 12th, 2012, 04:47 PM
Congratulations on the Golden Slender Vac.

Bad luck about the MB142 but hopefully you will come across a better deal in the near future.
Maybe the same pen but in better condition.

fountainpenkid
December 12th, 2012, 04:51 PM
Congratulations on the Golden Slender Vac.

Bad luck about the MB142 but hopefully you will come across a better deal in the near future.
Maybe the same pen but in better condition.

thanks! i hope so!

manoeuver
December 13th, 2012, 05:36 AM
I honestly don't think I'll find a MB 142 for $125 shipped EVER again :(
I think you will. I'm guessing 80% chance you would have hated the oblique and ended up flipping the pen anyhow.

In the meantime if you want a 142 so badly, save your nickels. Once you have enough you can buy any 142 you want.

snedwos
December 16th, 2012, 08:53 AM
AAARGH! Why is it that the one model of Monteverde Prima not available in the UK is the very one I want to buy? I guess I'll just have to switch the colour combo for my Mum's present -- Tiger Eye and Diamine Aqua Blue instead of Turquoise and Diamine Ochre...

fountainpenkid
December 16th, 2012, 08:59 AM
AAARGH! Why is it that the one model of Monteverde Prima not available in the UK is the very one I want to buy? I guess I'll just have to switch the colour combo for my Mum's present -- Tiger Eye and Diamine Aqua Blue instead of Turquoise and Diamine Ochre...

Agh. Sorry to hear that...

snedwos
December 17th, 2012, 09:23 AM
Right, inky and papery part of my present haul bought. Now to obtain pens!

So far: Aninotes animeated notebook (these are really cool, although the flip animation isn't brilliant, mechanically) and Sailor Kiwa-Guro ink for brother No. 1.
Diamine ASA Blue (TWSBI Mini pending) for Brother No. 2 (he's 8, and needs indoctrinating).
Diamine Ochre (Noodler's flex pen in turquoise) for Mother.
Diamine Red Dragon (Nooder's rollerball) for the Aged Parent.

Thankfully, in my family, we give presents according to Spanish tradition, meaning I have until January 6th to get everything!

snedwos
December 18th, 2012, 09:43 AM
Pens have been shipped!

fountainpenkid
December 18th, 2012, 01:57 PM
Right, inky and papery part of my present haul bought. Now to obtain pens!

So far: Aninotes animeated notebook (these are really cool, although the flip animation isn't brilliant, mechanically) and Sailor Kiwa-Guro ink for brother No. 1.
Diamine ASA Blue (TWSBI Mini pending) for Brother No. 2 (he's 8, and needs indoctrinating).
Diamine Ochre (Noodler's flex pen in turquoise) for Mother.
Diamine Red Dragon (Nooder's rollerball) for the Aged Parent.

Thankfully, in my family, we give presents according to Spanish tradition, meaning I have until January 6th to get everything!
Asa blue is great. The TWSBI Mini turned out to not be my cup of tea, but they are nice---make sure to seal the threads though, because I've experienced leaking because TWSBI doesn't seal them...

snedwos
December 18th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Asa blue is great. The TWSBI Mini turned out to not be my cup of tea, but they are nice---make sure to seal the threads though, because I've experienced leaking because TWSBI doesn't seal them...

In fact, the ASA Blue-TWSBI Mini combo was inspired by your review video! I've tested the ink, and my, I love the colour -- such a pretty forget-me-not shade.

A good note-taking colour with Ochre for contrast, maybe in a tan coloured Leuchtturm 1917...

fountainpenkid
December 18th, 2012, 03:39 PM
Thanks! I use only clairfontaine or whatever the school gives me, so I don't get to think about what ink with what color paper...

snedwos
December 18th, 2012, 04:42 PM
Not so much the colour of the paper as the colour of the cover. I'm pretty sure I've seen clairfontaine books with similarly nice coloured covers.

fountainpenkid
December 18th, 2012, 06:04 PM
Mine are interesting vibrant blues, reds, and blacks. and green. they're nice!

manoeuver
December 19th, 2012, 06:52 AM
Waitin for muh mini. First purchase since the Columbus show.

AoKiu
December 20th, 2012, 12:14 AM
- Aurora Nero Perla EF nib.
- S.T Dupont DEFI Titanium F nib.
- M101N Lizard EF nib.
- M800 Tortoiseshell EF nib.
- M710 Toledo (1993-2002) silver version B nib.
- Nakaya Piccolo Writer Titanium with mat Ruthenium trim and Soft Fine nib.
- Visconti Opera Typhoon EF nib.
- Delta 1982-2012 Black/beige marbled Celluloid with conventional 14k Rhodium plated EF nib and ebonite feed.
- Parker Duofold Centennial custom made in woodgrain ebonite.

fountainpenkid
December 20th, 2012, 04:46 AM
- Aurora Nero Perla EF nib.
- S.T Dupont DEFI Titanium F nib.
- M101N Lizard EF nib.
- M800 Tortoiseshell EF nib.
- M710 Toledo (1993-2002) silver version B nib.
- Nakaya Piccolo Writer Titanium with mat Ruthenium trim and Soft Fine nib.
- Visconti Opera Typhoon EF nib.
- Delta 1982-2012 Black/beige marbled Celluloid with conventional 14k Rhodium plated EF nib and ebonite feed.
- Parker Duofold Centennial custom made in woodgrain ebonite.

Whoa! Serious load of pens there...I'm sure we'd all love to see that lizard when it comes!

snedwos
December 20th, 2012, 08:47 AM
TWSBI Mini!!! How wonderfully good this pen is! The nib is as smooth as butter, and, while firm, it doesn't really feel like nail. I am so sad to be giving it away :(
In other news, the Noodler's rollerball is horrendous -- way too fine and dry, and the flex pen is scratchier than my Ahab, but the feed keeps up much much better.

fountainpenkid
December 20th, 2012, 08:01 PM
tentatively: Modern Aurora 88 Large (stub nib!!), or maybe vintage mont blanc 142 (superflex two tone nib.) I just gotta get my dad to understand... ;)

writingrav
December 21st, 2012, 03:15 PM
Not a pen exactly, but the Philly Pen show is 2+ weeks away and I'm psyched and saving.

proudscotsman
December 21st, 2012, 03:48 PM
Lamy Studio SS with a 1.1 italic and a 1.5 spare. Think this will be the last pen i buy for a while.

fountainpenkid
December 21st, 2012, 04:33 PM
Not a pen exactly, but the Philly Pen show is 2+ weeks away and I'm psyched and saving.

That might be what I do as well! Can't wait!

KrazyIvan
December 26th, 2012, 10:48 AM
Platinum Century 3776 in Double Broad, black resin.

fountainpenkid
December 26th, 2012, 01:48 PM
Got enough money from x-mas to buy a vintage Pelikan 400 in brown. I can't wait!

Bogon07
December 27th, 2012, 04:46 PM
LE Tortoiseshell Fleck Edison Nouveau Encore (& inks) now in transit.

fountainpenkid
December 27th, 2012, 06:25 PM
LE Tortoiseshell Fleck Edison Nouveau Encore (& inks) now in transit.

Nice! Those looked beautiful!

Bogon07
December 27th, 2012, 09:08 PM
Nice! Those looked beautiful!

Yep, I'm a sucker for a pretty pen.
Gee I hope I don't forget what I'm doing and chew the end of the pen when I get one

KrazyIvan
December 28th, 2012, 09:22 AM
Yep, I'm a sucker for a pretty pen.
Gee I hope I don't forget what I'm doing and chew the end of the pen when I get one

I don't think I have ever chewed on a fountain pen. :puke:

manoeuver
December 28th, 2012, 01:52 PM
Ripple ebonite konrads in green and brown.

fountainpenkid
December 28th, 2012, 02:48 PM
Ripple ebonite konrads in green and brown.

Wait...you mean the molted, not the ripple, right? I'm pretty sure the ripples are only in Sand (it looks like sand) and Red. Beautiful pens! And people said that they were actually set up correctly too. I really hope Nathan makes more sand or red ripple ones, because I'm in love! ;)

Bogon07
December 30th, 2012, 09:23 PM
Black Parker Vector with F nib & converter for Mrs Bogon.

fountainpenkid
December 31st, 2012, 07:41 AM
Black Parker Vector with F nib & converter for Mrs Bogon.

Nice. A very classic pen! It was one of the first I ever used at school, way back in 7th grade!

Inginkpen
December 31st, 2012, 08:50 AM
I have several pens, all won on eBay on the way to me: Pilot Custom 98 Demonstrator, a grail pen- Montblanc 244, three Pilot 70s vintage. You will see the reviews when I get them at http://www.inginkpen.com
I also have a pen due back from repair sometime in January, a Montblanc 22. A very sweet writer and I'm so happy it was able to be repaired.:)

fountainpenkid
December 31st, 2012, 09:20 AM
I have several pens, all won on eBay on the way to me: Pilot Custom 98 Demonstrator, a grail pen- Montblanc 244, three Pilot 70s vintage. You will see the reviews when I get them at http://www.inginkpen.com
I also have a pen due back from repair sometime in January, a Montblanc 22. A very sweet writer and I'm so happy it was able to be repaired.:)

A 98 demo? Never head of one of those...but the 98 certainly looks like a pretty pen! Too bad it doesn't take the con-70 converter...

KrazyIvan
December 31st, 2012, 09:45 AM

I wonder if the MB 244 is the one I was watching. :D

Inginkpen
December 31st, 2012, 01:30 PM
A 98 demo? Never head of one of those...but the 98 certainly looks like a pretty pen! Too bad it doesn't take the con-70 converter...

You're right, it isn't a 98 though the ebay seller Engeika described it as one It's actually a Pilot Custom Heritage 92 demonstrator. What a great pen!

fountainpenkid
December 31st, 2012, 02:24 PM
You're right, it isn't a 98 though the ebay seller Engeika described it as one It's actually a Pilot Custom Heritage 92 demonstrator. What a great pen!

Oh...so that's their piston filling model! Cool! I wonder how their piston compares to Pelikan's.

Bogon07
January 2nd, 2013, 05:08 PM
Another tubular Lamy: the Pur Guilloche design (F) with Z26 conveter from Melpens. It just beat the Wancher807 as the choice of the last pen purchase for the year. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Lamy-Pur-Guilloche-Design-Fountain-Pen-Fine-nib-Free-Z26-Converter-T10-Cartridge-/160946390599?pt=AU_PensWritingItems&hash=item2579270647

Lince
January 2nd, 2013, 08:57 PM
I am a sucker for blue pens and like demostrators a lot. So the Platinum 3776 Blue Chartres doesn“t let me sleep. I Had to have it. So it is on order.

fountainpenkid
January 3rd, 2013, 02:58 PM
I am a sucker for blue pens and like demostrators a lot. So the Platinum 3776 Blue Chartres doesn“t let me sleep. I Had to have it. So it is on order.

Nice! They look beautiful!

Lince
January 3rd, 2013, 08:58 PM
It is going to be a long and stressful wait.
It comes with the spencerian customisation, lets see how that comes out.

KrazyIvan
January 4th, 2013, 08:33 AM
My Platinum 3776 in C nib (double broad) came in.

http://distilleryimage7.instagram.com/7798ce5855ad11e2b62322000a9f12da_7.jpg

grandmia
January 4th, 2013, 09:39 AM
Hi Ivan....Wow double broad ! Very nice...I must improve on my writing....

fountainpenkid
January 4th, 2013, 01:26 PM
Still anxiously waiting for my vintage Pelikan 400 Torty! (1950's model, full flex nib). It's coming from Spain, so it might be a while.

markt
January 4th, 2013, 03:33 PM
A TWSBI Mini Classic with 1.1 stub on the way.

KrazyIvan
January 4th, 2013, 03:35 PM
Hi Ivan....Wow double broad ! Very nice...I must improve on my writing....

Thank you. It is almost too broad for me. It is good though, I have plenty of tipping for a regrind.

fountainpenkid
January 4th, 2013, 04:03 PM
A TWSBI Mini Classic with 1.1 stub on the way.

Nice!

Lince
January 5th, 2013, 06:47 AM
My Platinum 3776 in C nib (double broad) came in.

http://distilleryimage7.instagram.com/7798ce5855ad11e2b62322000a9f12da_7.jpg

Ivan you are not helping...
Just saw some pics of the 3776 Blue Chartres on flickr, just beautiful!!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrischiyu/8231856706/

Chris Chi Yu has some BEAUTIFUL pens!! and nice photography.

fountainpenkid
January 5th, 2013, 08:05 AM

He takes a TON of pictures! all incredible, thanks for sharing!

JustDaveyB
January 6th, 2013, 01:37 AM
Pelikan M1000 Black/Green Striated
Pelikan M800 Black/Green Striated
Pelikan M600 Black

fountainpenkid
January 6th, 2013, 08:15 AM
Pelikan M1000 Black/Green Striated
Pelikan M800 Black/Green Striated
Pelikan M600 Black

Nice! So will this be your first m1000?

KrazyIvan
January 7th, 2013, 09:19 AM

Lol.

That Chris guy has awesome photos!

efj3
January 7th, 2013, 12:13 PM
Sailor Professional Gear Imperial Black, in Fine Nib - Inbound from Japan, hope to get it today.

MrClockWork
January 8th, 2013, 10:21 PM
Have a TWSBI VAC 700 EF on the way. This will be my nicest and most expensive by far. I have to say I can hardly wait until it arrives and I sure hope it doesn't disappoint. We shall see...

markt
January 9th, 2013, 08:04 AM
Wait no longer. Received the Mini a couple of days ago. Sweet little pen. Love the nib.

fountainpenkid
January 9th, 2013, 03:53 PM
Pelikan 400 Brown (50's model, early version) arrived!! The nib isn't as flexy as I hoped (but is smooth), and the piston doesn't fill to 100%, but I'll work it out a philly. $180 for a brown 400 isn't too bad!

snedwos
January 19th, 2013, 04:09 AM
Waiting for a Parker Vacumatic Debutante in Emerald Pearl with a fine nib (can't have everything, I guess!). EXCITED!

fountainpenkid
January 19th, 2013, 07:52 AM
Waiting for a Parker Vacumatic Debutante in Emerald Pearl with a fine nib (can't have everything, I guess!). EXCITED!

I reviewed that exact pen actually! I wanted a vintage 88 so I sold it to mastersmith a while back though. I remember the nib being great. Took a lot of latin notes with it. Enjoy!

snedwos
January 19th, 2013, 05:28 PM
Ah, it's that one, is it? EUGE!

fountainpenkid
January 19th, 2013, 06:09 PM
Ah, it's that one, is it? EUGE!
yup.
lol! Euge is so fun to say!

Bogon07
January 19th, 2013, 06:39 PM
Another Jinhao 15 (F) metallic red.

Bogon07
February 9th, 2013, 12:43 AM
Pearl Lamy Al-Star (A) from UK. Still waiting on the Jinhao, on a slow boat from China.

ilangai
February 11th, 2013, 01:10 PM
Kaweco AL Sport (M) Grey body..

manoeuver
February 11th, 2013, 01:59 PM
placed my latest FPR order today. gonna try their new .7mm stub and also picked up some nibs to practice me grinds...

hellomms
February 11th, 2013, 03:24 PM
Waiting for:

Italix Parson's Essential - 0.65 Italic
TWSBI Mini - 1.1 Stub

FP_GaF
February 12th, 2013, 11:38 PM
I am waiting for my first ever Edison pen to arrive sometime this week (hopefully). Its a Hudson in black with an F-sized steel nib. I ordered it from The Writing Desk in the UK who are the closest retailers to where I live. I am looking forward to experience one of these highly praised pens myself.

Bogon07
February 13th, 2013, 01:56 AM
I am waiting for my first ever Edison pen to arrive sometime this week (hopefully). Its a Hudson in black with an F-sized steel nib. I ordered it from The Writing Desk in the UK who are the closest retailers to where I live. I am looking forward to experience one of these highly praised pens myself.
I would have been tempted by the Emerald one even though I think it looks nothing like my idea of emerald green in the photo. My Lamy Al-Star is coming from the WritingDesk too.

writingrav
February 13th, 2013, 06:41 AM
I am waiting for a Parker 45 to arrive from a win on ebay. It is my second and may be the beginning of a modest collection. I think it is an under appreciated pen and enjoy the one I bought at the Philly show very much.

FP_GaF
February 13th, 2013, 11:32 PM
I would have been tempted by the Emerald one even though I think it looks nothing like my idea of emerald green in the photo.

My pens are predominantly black, I am a sucker for classic understated elegance (AKA shear boredom). But I like it that way.

FP_GaF
February 13th, 2013, 11:38 PM
I am waiting for a Parker 45 to arrive from a win on ebay. It is my second and may be the beginning of a modest collection. I think it is an under appreciated pen and enjoy the one I bought at the Philly show very much.

Yes, I am completely with you on that. I have half a dozen or so Parker 45s that I found on eBay. All of them have super smooth 14ct gold nibs. They can be fully dismantled and are thus very easy to clean. Great writers, too. I don't know why they are not cherished more. But they are excellent entry level pens for their comparatively low price (used) and good quality.

Bogon07
February 14th, 2013, 02:27 AM
My pens are predominantly black, I am a sucker for classic understated elegance (AKA shear boredom). But I like it that way.

Na not boring, the fountain pen equivalent of the LBD (little black dress) a classic suitable for all occasions. I like coloured pen because it is easier to remember which ink I have in them.

writingrav
February 14th, 2013, 04:37 AM

Enjoy the Edison. I hope you will find it as satisfying as I do mine.

snedwos
February 14th, 2013, 07:23 AM

I have finally decided on the Herald Copper Flake for my birthday at the end of next month. (Although I'm still hoping to win the Pneumont giveaway -- the timing would be about right once you've taken into account shipping times!)

caribbean_skye
February 14th, 2013, 07:56 AM
Yes, I am completely with you on that. I have half a dozen or so Parker 45s that I found on eBay. All of them have super smooth 14ct gold nibs. They can be fully dismantled and are thus very easy to clean. Great writers, too. I don't know why they are not cherished more. But they are excellent entry level pens for their comparatively low price (used) and good quality.

Okay, I'm going to have to look on eBay sometime and check these out.

Na not boring, the fountain pen equivalent of the LBD (little black dress) a classic suitable for all occasions. I like coloured pen because it is easier to remember which ink I have in them.

Ooh, I like that idea of the equivalant of the LBD, I only have 2 pens that aren't black or blue (my favourite colour), even my demonstrators are blue.

FP_GaF
February 14th, 2013, 01:20 PM
I have finally decided on the Herald Copper Flake for my birthday at the end of next month. (Although I'm still hoping to win the Pneumont giveaway -- the timing would be about right once you've taken into account shipping times!)

Okay, I promise NOT to participate in this month's write-in to increase your chance of winning! My birthday gift to you, snedows. :-)

fountainpenkid
February 14th, 2013, 01:28 PM
Emailed Pelikan yesterday saying I stripped the crown threads (the ones that hold on the clip to the cap) on my m400 and that the clip doesn't stay tight. TODAY I received a new crown and inner cap. WHOA! I am not affiliated whatsoever with them, but I am wowed with their customer service!

snedwos
February 14th, 2013, 04:25 PM
Okay, I promise NOT to participate in this month's write-in to increase your chance of winning! My birthday gift to you, snedows. :-)

You mean you haven't already sent the letter off? You don't even deserve to win! But thank you all the same!

Bogon07
February 14th, 2013, 04:48 PM
Emailed Pelikan yesterday saying I stripped the crown threads (the ones that hold on the clip to the cap) on my m400 and that the clip doesn't stay tight. TODAY I received a new crown and inner cap. WHOA! I am not affiliated whatsoever with them, but I am wowed with their customer service!

Wooow that is fast !

fountainpenkid
February 14th, 2013, 04:50 PM
Wooow that is fast !
Yup. They sent me an old logo inner cap, but they said they ordered a new logo one from germany and will ship it to me...remember that all of this is FREE! (no, not even shipping charges.)

caribbean_skye
February 14th, 2013, 05:44 PM

That is awesome to hear. Did you buy your pen directly from them? With customer service like that I may have to bump them up higher on my list.

fountainpenkid
February 14th, 2013, 06:14 PM
That is awesome to hear. Did you buy your pen directly from them? With customer service like that I may have to bump them up higher on my list.

I bought it from an authorized ebay seller from Singapore. They asked my name, who I bought it from, and when I bought it. No need to confirm anything with a invoice or something. Really awesome. And they did this before when my dogs chewed my blue m400 that I already messed up...they replaced the pen for free... incredible. Then again, they have a distributor. Companies that often are blamed for bad customer service like OMAS don't.

FP_GaF
February 15th, 2013, 07:11 AM
Well, it arrived on time and I have been playing around with my new Edison Hudson since yesterday. And here it is:

Just a quick shot with my phone. I understand now why everyone is so full of praise for Brian's work. This is the kind of fountain pen that I have been searching for such a long time! Simple design and works flawlessly.

I'll keep you posted on my experience in the future.

fountainpenkid
February 15th, 2013, 01:28 PM
Well, it arrived on time and I have been playing around with my new Edison Hudson since yesterday. And here it is:

Just a quick shot with my phone. I understand now why everyone is so full of praise for Brian's work. This is the kind of fountain pen that I have been searching for such a long time! Simple design and works flawlessly.

I'll keep you posted on my experience in the future.

Great to hear!

Bogon07
February 19th, 2013, 08:07 PM
A Goulet's order:
Noodler's PumpkinPoltergeist Creaper & Konrad California Tortoise & green swirl Monteverde Prima stub.

snedwos
February 20th, 2013, 12:28 AM
I suspecct my vac's been lost... It's been about a month now... Won't give up hope just yet though...

manoeuver
February 20th, 2013, 04:15 AM
4 pens and 4 nibs on the way from xfountainpens... I'll be trying a variety of their italic nibs in my Ebonite Konrads. fun stuff.

got the 3-pack of these, they reminded me a lot of the Jinhao 159 I so enjoy:

http://www.xfountainpens.com/v/vspfiles/photos/BU530-2T.jpg

and couldn't resist the Nemosine Singularity Demonstrator for $15 with​ italic nib:
http://www.xfountainpens.com/Nemosine-Singularity-Demonstrator-German-Nib-p/nem-sin-de.htm

Bogon07
February 20th, 2013, 02:29 PM
4 pens and 4 nibs on the way from xfountainpens... I'll be trying a variety of their italic nibs in my Ebonite Konrads. fun stuff.

and couldn't resist the Nemosine Singularity Demonstrator for $15 with​ italic nib:
http://www.xfountainpens.com/Nemosine-Singularity-Demonstrator-German-Nib-p/nem-sin-de.htm

I see those Nemosine's have a choice of 0.6mm & 0.8mm Calligraphy nibs. Which width did you go for ?

Quite like the look of the Granite one or of the marble and with about $10 shipping they are very tempting.

KrazyIvan
February 20th, 2013, 02:42 PM

http://www.xfountainpens.com/v/vspfiles/photos/BU530-2T.jpg

That does look like the 159. On the Nemosine italic nibs, they are not the German nibs that come on the Amazon models. Mine has the slit cut a little off center. It needed to be smoothed but works fine.

ilangai
February 20th, 2013, 03:52 PM
Just ordered my Pilot Prera Limited with solid white Top and bottom caps.. Finally got it.

ilangai
February 20th, 2013, 04:24 PM
Just ordered my Pilot Prera Limited with solid white Top and bottom caps.. Finally got it.

Forgot to say it is a Demonstrator:

caribbean_skye
February 20th, 2013, 04:26 PM
Forgot to say it is a Demonstrator:

Oooh is that a new one? Didn't realise it came out in white, mine is a blue demonstrator.

manoeuver
February 20th, 2013, 05:06 PM
That does look like the 159. On the Nemosine italic nibs, they are not the German nibs that come on the Amazon models. Mine has the slit cut a little off center. It needed to be smoothed but works fine.I got extras of the narrower Nemosyne (.6 and .8mm) and the Knox (1.1 and 1.9mm) to try. I'll report back once I've tried them.

KrazyIvan
February 21st, 2013, 08:34 AM
I got extras of the narrower Nemosyne (.6 and .8mm) and the Knox (1.1 and 1.9mm) to try. I'll report back once I've tried them.

Oh, did not see the Knox 1.1. May have to order a couple.

eriquito
February 21st, 2013, 04:01 PM
Is there not a poisoned apple that will put me to sleep until these pens arrive?

I'm waiting on a Pelikan M800 Tortoiseshell Brown and also a Pilot MYU 90.

I know! I'll play with the pens I already have until the new toys arrive. That'll distract me. Right?

manoeuver
February 21st, 2013, 04:15 PM
Those MYUs. ungh.

I've got a Murex but it just isn't the same. sigh....

eriquito
February 21st, 2013, 04:34 PM
Those MYUs. ungh.

No sighing allowed, manoeuver. Get thee an MYU =)

Bogon07
February 21st, 2013, 06:08 PM
Like an idiot I just had to look up Pilot MYU 90 and found this:
http://www.stutler.cc/pens/murex/index.html

And now I know way too much about them.

The clock one is my favourite.

Eric, are you getting a mug or t-shirt with it ?

eriquito
February 21st, 2013, 08:37 PM

And know I know way too much about them.

Yes indeed - FAIR WARNING PEOPLE - the above URL is DANGEROUS!

A Clock Murex was found and purchased by Greg at the LA Pen Show. The clock was non-functional, but perhaps it can be fixed.

No, I'm afraid it only comes with a shite eating grin... which has already arrived =)

Bogon07
February 21st, 2013, 09:12 PM
Were MYU90 made with different nibs or do they need to go to the nib meisters for working on ?
I could not find anything about that on the above site.

Oh and congratulations on the tortoiseshell brown too. Will that be getting a snazzy stub nib of some sort ?

eriquito
February 21st, 2013, 10:59 PM
Were MYU90 made with different nibs or do they need to go to the nib meisters for working on ?
I could not find anything about that on the above site.

Oh and congratulations on the tortoiseshell brown too. Will that be getting a snazzy stub nib of some sort ?

All but one of the MYU's I've seen have had Fine nibs. I've seen on Medium, which I bought. I don't know if they came in other grades and have never seen the information listed.

So far, none of my MYU's have needed the assistance of a nibmeister - they've just been great the way they are.

I ordered the Tortoiseshell with a Broad nib so that I can have Mike Masuyama grind it down to a 0.7mm cursive italic. It'll be sweeeeeeet!! An everyday writer.

MrMGWard
February 21st, 2013, 11:47 PM
Waiting for a humble JINHAO pocket missile I ordered off ebay today. Been thinking of getting one for quite some time due to their size and fine-ness, and today Mr. Brown's video review pushed me over the edge.

:P Mike

eriquito
February 21st, 2013, 11:53 PM
...and today Mr. Brown's video review pushed me over the edge.

:P Mike

Mr. Brown will do that to you. Watch out for him.

snedwos
February 22nd, 2013, 02:59 AM

And now I know way too much about them.

I had not thought about this pen for months, thank you *so much* everyone.

KrazyIvan
February 22nd, 2013, 08:35 AM
I already know enough. Not enough money is the issue. :p

caribbean_skye
February 22nd, 2013, 02:26 PM
Thanks for sharing that link Bogon07.

eriquito
February 26th, 2013, 11:22 AM
I confess that I've grown quite fond of the USPS iPhone app...

http://fpgeeks.com/ec/USPS-26FEB2013.png

snedwos
February 26th, 2013, 01:05 PM
Sooo, sooo jealous. I got my TWSBI nib collar replacement today though. My 540 seems to have better flow now as well. What gives?

caleath
February 27th, 2013, 06:34 AM
I am waiting on a Serwex MB and a Shaeffer Statesman Touchdown I got on ebay.

fountainpenkid
February 27th, 2013, 02:27 PM
might get another slender vac. can't help mysef. this one would be in emerald, and it is an early model!

snedwos
February 27th, 2013, 04:02 PM
I'm waiting for the Edison Beaumatic that I'm going to win on Saturday.

KrazyIvan
February 27th, 2013, 04:26 PM
I'm waiting for the Edison Beaumatic that I'm going to win on Saturday.

Sorry, I am waiting on it. :crazy_pilot:

writingrav
February 27th, 2013, 05:30 PM
Waiting for two Parker 45's from two different ebay sites.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

snedwos
February 27th, 2013, 06:03 PM
Hands off, you already have Edisons. Plural! And I'd been willing Brian to make a pneumatic filler for months!

fountainpenkid
February 27th, 2013, 06:11 PM
All wrong. They've rigged the thing so that lord windhamere will win. ;)

Bogon07
February 27th, 2013, 08:54 PM
A Goulet's order:
Noodler's PumpkinPoltergeist Creaper & Konrad California Tortoise & green swirl Monteverde Prima stub.

The package has landed. The prima is loaded with Gruene Cactus. The creeper with fugu-gaki and the Konrad with Habanero. The Konrad seems to need some adjusting as it vomits ink sometimes.

snedwos
February 28th, 2013, 07:14 AM
All wrong. They've rigged the thing so that lord windhamere will win. ;)
The aristocracy abusing their position again. This is what they invented guillotines for! Off with his crawdad head!

fountainpenkid
February 28th, 2013, 01:43 PM
The aristocracy abusing their position again. This is what they invented guillotines for! Off with his crawdad head!

Tarquin, what have you to say? ;)

No more slender vac, price is too high. Pelikan 400 tort. is coming back from repair now though!!

snedwos
March 1st, 2013, 04:21 AM
Vac sitting at the post office!!!!!

Will, it's Professor Danglebury to you!

vhr5
March 2nd, 2013, 10:38 AM
Last week I received a TWSBI Mini - Classic (B). I already own the TWSBI Vac 700 (M) and I enjoy them both! I also have the Vac 20.

I'm waiting for the TWSBI Eco, IROC 850, Diamond 580, and the PP081 to come out onto the Fountain Pen market.

Hhhmmm... I think I'm seeing a pattern here. I think I'm going to need more hands... and definitely more ink!:faint:

Newjelan
March 3rd, 2013, 05:05 AM
Waiting for my new Pelikan M800 Brown Tortoise!

fountainpenkid
March 3rd, 2013, 06:15 AM
Waiting for my new Pelikan M800 Brown Tortoise!

Nice! Post some pics if you can!

Toffer
March 3rd, 2013, 12:13 PM
Just ordered a charcoal black Lamy Safari with 1.1 nib!

Bogon07
March 3rd, 2013, 06:26 PM
Still waiting on the Jinhao 15 (F) metallic red. If it is not delivered today its another contact with the seller.

I'd hope to be waiting on a Pelikan M800 Brown Tortoise from the FPG comp this time next month but then again so would everyone else here. Just in case that isn't a success I've ordered some other pens to compensate.

The Follows
March 3rd, 2013, 07:43 PM
Delta / Chatterley Pens Yellow Fusion 82 Limited Edition Fountain Pen with Stub 😜 my fingers are itchin'

The Follows
March 3rd, 2013, 07:47 PM
Those MYUs. ungh.

MYU is on my list for this year. Found the link mentioned last year and have been looking ever since. It makes me want to take a trip to Japan! 🇯🇵

snedwos
March 6th, 2013, 12:22 PM
Well, it arrived. I am now the proud owner of a Parker Vacumatic! It writes very very nicely, even considering it's a fine fine (which I thought I wouldn't like unless it had some flex -- it doesn't, but I do!). It needs some work, since it doesn't fill (this was expected -- the diaphragm is detached from the filler button) and the cap band is loose. I don't really know what can be done about that though.

fountainpenkid
March 6th, 2013, 02:13 PM
Well, it arrived. I am now the proud owner of a Parker Vacumatic! It writes very very nicely, even considering it's a fine fine (which I thought I wouldn't like unless it had some flex -- it doesn't, but I do!). It needs some work, since it doesn't fill (this was expected -- the diaphragm is detached from the filler button) and the cap band is loose. I don't really know what can be done about that though.

Great to hear! I assume you know how to restore a vac filler yourself?

snedwos
March 7th, 2013, 02:11 AM
Not reeeallly... I've seen videos. I'm going to keep it as it is for now, and use it as a dip pen, until I gather the courage to get supplies and do it myself, or decide to have it seen to by someone who knows what they're doing.

Steph
March 7th, 2013, 05:23 PM
I'm waiting for a Delta Vintage in blue and a Monteverde Artista in bright orange. The Andersons shipped them yesterday and they should be here Monday!

cedargirl
March 8th, 2013, 12:14 AM
Just scored a 45 Flighter. I do like P45s. I already have an arrow and a deluxe; so this one will round it out nicely.

Saintpaulia
March 10th, 2013, 09:11 PM
Parker Vacumatic
Parker 51 vacumatic
The former is a pen I've not yet had selected for me to replace one I had to return.
The latter is a pen I had to return because it would not write, so I am waiting for the seller to return it to me working.
TWSBI Mini - new. I finally broke down and joined the herd. I need more ink in my pens!
Cross Century - too good a deal to pass up, $30 in like new.
Unknown Parker, just sold on ebay as a Parker still in its orig. box. What fun! I can't wait to see it and find out what I bought! LOL!

gwgtaylor
March 11th, 2013, 10:14 AM
My first edison went out to me in the mail today. Beaumont Pneumatic in ebonite with an 18k nib. Joy!!

KrazyIvan
March 11th, 2013, 10:18 AM
My first edison went out to me in the mail today. Beaumont Pneumatic in ebonite with an 18k nib. Joy!!

Congrats. Saw you Instagram email trail photo. :)

Saintpaulia
March 11th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Indeed Joy I am sure, and money!

fountainpenkid
March 11th, 2013, 02:25 PM
Well, my Pelikan 400 brown was stolen, and as I signed the package (I didn't see there was nothing in the envelope...damn those bubbles :(), I cannot claim insurance, and neither can the seller, so I am out $225...sad to say the least, as I won't get any new pens for quite a while now. My dad thinks I was immature in handling the issue, so I am taking a 6-month hiatus from online forums. Maybe it will be a good thing. See you all in September! (well, I'll continue my letters so I won't be completely disconnected I guess.)

gwgtaylor, that sounds like a treat!! Enjoy! If you want, I'd love to get a letter from you with that pen. Send me one at:

Will Platt
P.O Box 453
Madison, CT
USA

Best,

Saintpaulia
March 11th, 2013, 03:17 PM
Will, was this pen sent from the US to you or from a foreign country? I have been wondering about pens and the postal service which, alas, is not quite the professional service it once was. When I was collecting ancient coins we found but never identified a thief within the postal processing system. And the U.S. Postal Service "investigated" (supposedly) and I never heard a word from them thereafter.

Petergly
March 11th, 2013, 03:43 PM
I bit the bullet (and finally had a good reason to post here...) and bought a Kaweco Liliput in XF, and some sepia Kaweco cartridges for it, from Jetpens.

Very excited abut this pen - this will be my first non-Chinese pen in a long time (can also be interpreted as most expensive pen in a long time), and the smallest fountain pen I've ever owned. I've got pocket-able ballpoints, but a FP this size takes the cake.

I'll be doing some extensive travelling soon, and will be writing the odd letter and postcard while away, as well as occasionally scribbling in a journal. I like the idea of a small, robust fountain pen that I can use with readily-available cartridges that i can use for this.

The only other XF nib I've had is a Lamy Safari and, while nice, it wasn't as smooth as I had hoped. From what I've read the Liliput XF is very good.

writingrav
March 11th, 2013, 04:14 PM
I succumbed to the long held desire to try one of FPR's flex nibs after reading Dan's post on the Dili. Now officially waiting for the blue one with a flex nib. Report will follow receipt.

fountainpenkid
March 11th, 2013, 04:44 PM
Will, was this pen sent from the US to you or from a foreign country? I have been wondering about pens and the postal service which, alas, is not quite the professional service it once was. When I was collecting ancient coins we found but never identified a thief within the postal processing system. And the U.S. Postal Service "investigated" (supposedly) and I never heard a word from them thereafter.

The pen was sent from Spain. I think it got stolen there.

Ancient coin collecting? That sounds awesome! I'd love a letter about it!

fountainpenkid
March 11th, 2013, 04:45 PM
I succumbed to the long held desire to try one of FPR's flex nibs after reading Dan's post on the Dili. Now officially waiting for the blue one with a flex nib. Report will follow receipt.

I wonder how it compares to the noodler's pens...

gwgtaylor
March 12th, 2013, 07:45 AM
@fountainpenkid Sure I'll send you a letter with it once I get it. Sorry to hear about your postal misfortune. Touch wood I haven't had any problems yet.

writingrav
March 12th, 2013, 03:41 PM

I hope much better as I've had little sustained success with Noodler's.

Saintpaulia
March 12th, 2013, 04:25 PM

Joy indeed! :clap2: I have been very impressed with Edison's pneumatic ever since I learned of it! Good luck!

Saintpaulia
March 12th, 2013, 04:26 PM

Are you going to restore it yourself? I've watched the procedure on-line and it is a bit beyond me at present. Heck, come to think of it, I only began collecting and studying fountain pens a year ago! If you had told me last March...

Oops! sent to soon. Read the one's below Breck! Anyway, I've found a master nibmeister (slightly redundant but oh welll....) and if you'd like his name sometime private message me. I've been on a Vacumatic quest last month. Long story won't go into it, but I still do not have one...rats!

earthdawn
March 12th, 2013, 06:28 PM
TWSBI 580 with the 1.1 stub.

fountainpenkid
March 12th, 2013, 06:36 PM
TWSBI 580 with the 1.1 stub.

That might have been faster than I got the mini when it first came out!!

See you at Long Island this weekend, right? I'll be there the whole day Saturday.

writingrav
March 12th, 2013, 06:50 PM
Twsbi 580 B

manoeuver
March 13th, 2013, 05:16 AM
I've got plenty of both. I've also had better luck with the FPR pens with less fiddling.
I mostly use my Konrads with aftermarket nibs now, and they are much improved.

Tracy Lee
March 13th, 2013, 05:44 AM
I haven't purchased any pens in ages, but I will visit Bertram's Inkwell while I am in DC the next couple of days. I have bought gobs of stuff from them but never been to the brick and mortar, so I am looking forward to that little excursion, for sure. :-) Who knows what will jump into my carry on for the return flight. And there is always my other well visited friend Fahrney's . . .

TonyJones
March 13th, 2013, 12:42 PM
Just bit the bullet and ordered my 3rd pen, a Scheaffer Intensity in carbon fibre or fiber, depending on which English you go by. :P I'm away with work at the moment, but I doubt it'll be delivered in time for me to play with it when I get home. It's the first non Lamy pen, so it'll be nice to see what it's like without the triangular grip on the section.

Just ordered a 1.1mm italic nib for my Lamy too, just to see what my diddy writing looks like with some italic action on the go!

caribbean_skye
March 13th, 2013, 01:58 PM
I haven't purchased any pens in ages, but I will visit Bertram's Inkwell while I am in DC the next couple of days. I have bought gobs of stuff from them but never been to the brick and mortar, so I am looking forward to that little excursion, for sure. :-) Who knows what will jump into my carry on for the return flight. And there is always my other well visited friend Fahrney's . . .

If you buy that much stuff and worried about fitting into your luggage, ask and they may ship the stuff back for you too :)

Bogon07
March 13th, 2013, 04:16 PM
It is a trip to the local PO this afternoon to pick up my first Pelikan this afternoon. :)

snedwos
March 13th, 2013, 05:45 PM
It is a trip to the local PO this afternoon to pick up my first Pelikan this afternoon. :)

Ooo... What is it?

SaintPaulia: I considered doing it myself, since what needs doing seems simple enough. But I haven't got the right tools, and I'm not in the mood to buy them, so I'll wait til I have some money and take it to someone I know of.

manoeuver
March 13th, 2013, 06:08 PM
It is a trip to the local PO this afternoon to pick up my first Pelikan this afternoon. :)Woo hoo! I hope you write a sheaf of correspondence with it.

magnesium68
March 13th, 2013, 08:08 PM
Waiting for a Monteverde Prima green swirl with chrome fine nib :)

bulbboy
March 13th, 2013, 08:32 PM

I bought the Blue Striped Prima a couple of weeks ago - you'll love it!

Bogon07
March 13th, 2013, 09:28 PM
geez actually got the multiquote to work for a change.

Woo hoo! I hope you write a sheaf of correspondence with it.
Mrs Bogon said she would pick it up this afternoon as she is going home early (2:30pm !!!) because she is fed up with work.
I'll need to match it with some sort of reptilian ink.

I bought one of these with a black 1.1 stub a few weeks ago. It is a great looking pen. The nib seems to write wider than expected with Gruene Cactus Eel. Just about run out of ink so I'm intending to try it with my favourite wide nib ink, BSIAR or maybe Edelstein Tanzanite.

earthdawn
March 13th, 2013, 10:45 PM
That might have been faster than I got the mini when it first came out!!

See you at Long Island this weekend, right? I'll be there the whole day Saturday.

Yup ... If I get it before I leave for the show Ill bring it with me.

The Andersons wont have them as they are leaving tomorrow and dont expect their shipment to arrive till Friday.

Toffer
March 14th, 2013, 02:52 AM
I caved and pre-ordered a 580 with medium nib! Hope I don't have to wait to long. :)

Tracy Lee
March 14th, 2013, 05:53 AM
If you buy that much stuff and worried about fitting into your luggage, ask and they may ship the stuff back for you too :)

I know they would, great folks up there. I am going to try and behave myself, perhaps a new ink or something. I am holding out for the Visconti 25th Anniversary pen. Not sure when it is released, but I have heard rumours of its price. :eek: Still, with no pen stores in my area, not even Orlando, it will feel good to be in the actual presence of pen and paper and ink rather than the rather constant virtual presence I am forced to endure.

KrazyIvan
March 14th, 2013, 09:47 AM
Not really a whole pen.

I found a Pelikan two tone, 18K nib on eBay. It was originally from a special edition Toledo M710 (2011) but the previous owner thought it was too broad (an M nib). They bought an EF replacement. According to Richard Binder's Pelikan nib exchange chart, it works with my M200's. I was going to get an M400 nib but this one was less and of course it is 18K vs the 14K I was looking at. :)

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Pelikan-Fountain-Pen-18c-Nib-For-M710-700-Fits-M400-405-As-Well-/00/s/NTcxWDQ5Mw==/z/1WkAAMXQ01tRNiVr/$(KGrHqV,!g8FEt9zNPKBBRNiVrpMqg~~60_3.JPG

Bogon07
March 14th, 2013, 04:23 PM
Speaking of Pelikans, no longer waiting just smiling. The Lizard has landed and inked with the complementary Diamine Racing Green that came with it.:bounce:

fountainpenkid
March 14th, 2013, 05:05 PM
Speaking of Pelikans, no longer waiting just smiling. The Lizard has landed and inked with the complementary Diamine Racing Green that came with it.:bounce:
Very nice!
I am still weeping over my 400 torty. ;)

KrazyIvan
March 14th, 2013, 08:24 PM

Congrats Bogon!

earthdawn
March 14th, 2013, 11:36 PM

Now you know we are all waiting for you to start a thread with PICS dont you !

Congrats... i plan on seaking one out this weekend to see it in person.

Bogon07
March 23rd, 2013, 11:30 PM
i plan on seeking one out this weekend to see it in person.

Were you successful with that mission ?

Mrs Bogon heard an advert on the radio that Peters of Kennsington were selling Waterman & Parkers at a discount this weekend. I keep forgetting these guys also sell pens .
Now we're waiting on a Visconti purple Rembrandt & a Parker Sonnet set.

earthdawn
March 23rd, 2013, 11:42 PM
Were you successful with that mission ?

Mrs Bogon heard an advert on the radio that Peters of Kennsington were selling Waterman & Parkers at a discount this weekend. I keep forgetting these guys also sell pens .
Now we're waiting on a Visconti purple Rembrandt & a Parker Sonnet set.

Yup... i saw it... It was being overshadowed though the new 800 Tortoise. Very very nice pen. I didnt grab it though, meaning handle it, but there was something very clean about it. It was and is a pen you can use without drawing a lot of attention to BUT the details on it were really nice.

Now the 800 Tortoise was a real looker! It was a pen you pull out and anyone around you will notice. Bold and beautiful and CLASSIC looking. Like getting a brand new vintage pen if you ask me.

gwgtaylor
March 24th, 2013, 06:28 AM
I got my red/black mottled ebonite Edison Beaumont Pneumatic and it's so lovely that I pulled the trigger on the 2013 Edison Morgan LE group buy. I went for the neon acrylic with one of the new 1.1 mm factory italics. I'm very excited. Anybody round here on board for this?

Bogon07
March 24th, 2013, 04:07 PM
I got my red/black mottled ebonite Edison Beaumont Pneumatic and it's so lovely that I pulled the trigger on the 2013 Edison Morgan LE group buy. I went for the neon acrylic with one of the new 1.1 mm factory italics. I'm very excited. Anybody round here on board for this?
Congratulations on the Beaumatic. Whilst I like the look of the ebonite Morgan I sort of wish Brian had gone for the lairy ripple effect like the Noodlers Konrad.
However I'm ever so tempted by the Neon acrylic also with the 1.1 italic.

Yup... i saw it... It was being overshadowed though the new 800 Tortoise. Very very nice pen. I didnt grab it though, meaning handle it, but there was something very clean about it. It was and is a pen you can use without drawing a lot of attention to BUT the details on it were really nice.

Now the 800 Tortoise was a real looker! It was a pen you pull out and anyone around you will notice. Bold and beautiful and CLASSIC looking. Like getting a brand new vintage pen if you ask me.
The M800 Tortoise is a truly beautiful looking pen.
The greyish tones of the Lizard tend not to draw attention to it. It is smaller than I expected - actually without any other Pelikans as a frame of reference I had no real idea of the size but it seemed larger in the photos. Very comfortable to write with; now I just need to pen something important with it. Worryingly Mrs Bogon really likes the size and feel of it, making her somewhat dissatisfied with her Parker Vectors. Hence the Rembrandt order yesterday.