PDA

View Full Version : What Pens(s) Are You Waiting For?

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Saintpaulia
March 24th, 2013, 04:11 PM
This Vacumatic Major custom adapted to my need for a medium nib. And it had to be an azure blue.

fountainpenkid
March 24th, 2013, 04:20 PM
This Vacumatic Major custom adapted to my need for a medium nib. And it had to be an azure blue.

enjoy!

Saintpaulia
March 24th, 2013, 05:23 PM
Hi Will! Thanks!!

KrazyIvan
March 24th, 2013, 05:29 PM
I almost pulled the trigger on an Edison LE but I remembered I have a Bamboo on order with drgoretex.

fountainpenkid
March 24th, 2013, 05:51 PM
I almost pulled the trigger on an Edison LE but I remembered I have a Bamboo on order with drgoretex.

Is his waiting list so long that you forgot you had the pen on order? ;)

snedwos
March 24th, 2013, 06:33 PM
Congratulations on the Beaumatic. Whilst I like the look of the ebonite Morgan I sort of wish Brian had gone for the lairy ripple effect like the Noodlers Konrad.
However I'm ever so tempted by the Neon acrylic also with the 1.1 italic.

The M800 Tortoise is a truly beautiful looking pen.
The greyish tones of the Lizard tend not to draw attention to it. It is smaller than I expected - actually without any other Pelikans as a frame of reference I had no real idea of the size but it seemed larger in the photos. Very comfortable to write with; now I just need to pen something important with it. Worryingly Mrs Bogon really likes the size and feel of it, making her somewhat dissatisfied with her Parker Vectors. Hence the Rembrandt order yesterday.

Yesss, finally someone else has used the term Beaumatic! I was starting to wonder if it was a lame nickname...

KrazyIvan
March 24th, 2013, 08:07 PM
Is his waiting list so long that you forgot you had the pen on order? ;)

Six months.

fountainpenkid
March 24th, 2013, 08:10 PM
Six months.

Oh my! That's worse than Zorn's repair waiting list!

Bogon07
March 24th, 2013, 08:32 PM
Yesss, finally someone else has used the term Beaumatic! I was starting to wonder if it was a lame nickname...
I recall probably hearing it on FPGTV and/or seeing someone else use it possibly you.

Six months.
Geez, that is like a KickStarter project !
What colour or material did you go for. The resin that looks like black bamboo would look great on that pen.

KrazyIvan
March 25th, 2013, 08:53 AM
I recall probably hearing it on FPGTV and/or seeing someone else use it possibly you.

Geez, that is like a KickStarter project !
What colour or material did you go for. The resin that looks like black bamboo would look great on that pen.

I actually went a rust/black acrylic similar to this:

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd231/kcavers/IMG_3659.jpg

Bogon07
March 25th, 2013, 03:51 PM
I actually went a rust/black acrylic similar to this:

Wow that is strikingly pentasmagorical and it will go well with your cloak on formal occassions. The fiery orange swirls highlight the black & red brown in a very dramatic fashion.

Mrs Bogon just updated me from home that her Purple Visconti Rembrandt was delivered this morning at 8:00am precisely by demonstrating the sound of its magnetic cap. And is testing out it's Rollergraphic option.

It is going to be one of those dangerous pens that you pick up to look at and find you've been gazing at it for twenty minutes.

woosang
March 27th, 2013, 12:12 AM
Were you successful with that mission ?

Mrs Bogon heard an advert on the radio that Peters of Kennsington were selling Waterman & Parkers at a discount this weekend. I keep forgetting these guys also sell pens .
Now we're waiting on a Visconti purple Rembrandt & a Parker Sonnet set.

What!?? And I didn't know?! Aarghh

Bogon07
March 27th, 2013, 02:47 AM
It was for Peters of Kensington's online shop. I'm impressed with their speed.
lookslike they are still on sale.
http://www.petersofkensington.com.au/Public/catalog/searchresults.aspx?catalogs=Stationery&brands=Visconti

earthdawn
March 27th, 2013, 03:18 AM
Im waiting for my Omas 360 to come back from the one and only Mr. Greg Minuskin !!!

Had to have the nib and feed worked on a little .... the pics he sent of the work looks great !

http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac10/thevaporcafe/DSCN9726_zpsa891a80b.jpg

Saintpaulia
March 27th, 2013, 11:39 AM
TWSBI Mini broad in the Classic mode.

hellomms
March 27th, 2013, 01:00 PM
Waiting for Airmail 666 and Parker Vacumatic - looking forward!

fountainpenkid
March 27th, 2013, 04:37 PM
Waiting for Airmail 666 and Parker Vacumatic - looking forward!

What kind of vac do you have coming your way?

Saintpaulia
March 27th, 2013, 05:30 PM
What kind of vac do you have coming your way?
Yeah curious minds want to know! :fans:

jfsisler
March 31st, 2013, 07:54 PM
Ok I've gone and done it now - after buying a new vacuum with my bonus check I had some money left over that was just waiting to burn a hole in my pocket - I just ordered a TWSBI 580 with a 1.1 stub nib, a pack of the America the Beautiful Field Notes, and a firm broad Esterbrook nib from Anderson pens. I've been griping for a while about how my Esterbrook fine nib is just like poking a needle through paper, so I finally got a firm broad nib. Now the trick will be waiting for a few days for the mail to come.

KrazyIvan
April 1st, 2013, 08:57 AM
Waiting is always the worst part. :)

Saintpaulia
April 1st, 2013, 11:03 AM
Ok I've gone and done it now - after buying a new vacuum with my bonus check I had some money left over that was just waiting to burn a hole in my pocket - I just ordered a TWSBI 580 with a 1.1 stub nib, a pack of the America the Beautiful Field Notes, and a firm broad Esterbrook nib from Anderson pens. I've been griping for a while about how my Esterbrook fine nib is just like poking a needle through paper, so I finally got a firm broad nib. Now the trick will be waiting for a few days for the mail to come.
Jennie, I have to agree with you a bout those fine Esterbrook nibs. I bought a very nice gray SJ a while back and the nib that came with it was a 1551 IIRC. Not only was it really fine but the tines tips were actually screwed up too! I then ordered and paid for on top of my original purchase price a 9668 from Andersons. Much better but the pen still skipped. So I gave up on Esterbrooks for the time being. Which freed me up in a sense to really concentrate upon my search for a really nice Parker Vacumatic in the azure blue stripe. I now have my "grail pen". (see attached - not the greatest picture but...).

BikerBabe
April 1st, 2013, 01:21 PM
Waiting for the following pens:

JinHao X450 - black with red flakes
JinHao 500 - red marble
JinHao 500 - gold
JinHao 500 - black

And a couple of inks:
Diamine Majestic Blue and Asa Blue.

Bogon07
April 1st, 2013, 03:44 PM
Saintpaulia congratulations on the Vacumatic with azure blue stripes, it is a beautiful looking pen.

Bikerbabe, neat catch of Jinhaos. The 500 is a nice shape and the red marble is a bit of a looker too.

Steph
April 1st, 2013, 06:33 PM
As of this morning, waiting for a Canadian Parker Big Red and a 1934 Parker Vacumatic lockdown filler.

Mags
April 1st, 2013, 06:48 PM
I am waiting for a Montblanc 146 from Rick Proppos....it is suppose to be a medium nib in good shape.

Mags sent from my blackberry playbook using tapatalks

Tracy Lee
April 1st, 2013, 08:45 PM
Visconti Rembrandt in Ivory, and Visconti Opera blue swirl with matching travelling in pot and rollerball ( I think the latter is included, not entirely sure) and though not a pen, a reaaly great "B" seal.

Bogon07
April 1st, 2013, 10:25 PM
Orange (maybe Apricot) Visconti Rembrandt Calligraphy set. Mrs Bogon has now discovered she likes italics and holding a Graphite Al-Star with 1.1 Italic hostage.

writingrav
April 2nd, 2013, 05:38 AM
Orange (maybe Apricot) Visconti Rembrandt Calligraphy set. Mrs Bogon has now discovered she likes italics and holding a Graphite Al-Star with 1.1 Italic hostage.

Sounds serious!

jfsisler
April 2nd, 2013, 11:19 AM
(see attached - not the greatest picture but...).

That is a lovely pen....does it write as well as it looks?

jfsisler
April 2nd, 2013, 11:20 AM
Waiting is always the worst part. :)

Patience is a virture...or so I've been told. I wouldn't know;)

KrazyIvan
April 2nd, 2013, 12:14 PM

So you have got your wife hooked too? :D

Nice choice on that Visconti.

Bogon07
April 2nd, 2013, 03:35 PM
Sounds serious!
Yes, that Graphile Al-Star is loaded with Le Couleur Royale (the ink that seems to get everywhere and anywhere and now all over police documents)

So you have got your wife hooked too? :D
Nice choice on that Visconti. I'm not sure hooked is the correct word.
Did you see Doc Brown's video on the Visconti Rembrandt calligraphy set when the magnet actually took out the Dutch flag stud. The look on his face. Priceless
I might investigate some of those gem studs to match the barrel colours sometime.

KrazyIvan
April 2nd, 2013, 03:41 PM
Did you see Doc Brown's video on the Visconti Rembrandt calligraphy set when the magnet actually took out the Dutch flag stud. The look on his face. Priceless
I might investigate some of those gem studs to match the barrel colours sometime.

I think I missed that. I am going to have to go back and look. I did watch that episode but with three girls competing for attention, I don't always see everything. :D

Bogon07
April 3rd, 2013, 05:44 PM
KI, how are the Purple , Green & Pinks inks and pens going for the girls ?

In honour of the Darkside finally ordered a shiny Black Safari with 1.1 Italic oh and a Neon Yella EF.

And watching Rollin' Safari-the waterhole while I'm waiting for delivery (Manoeuver you might find this distressing)
http://vimeo.com/54943112

KrazyIvan
April 3rd, 2013, 06:33 PM
Elizabeth is sticking to Pelikan Violet in her three pens. Jessica, the green inker lets her pen dry out.

Nice choice on that Lamy. :D

KrazyIvan
April 3rd, 2013, 06:35 PM
Actually have another Platinum Glamour on the way. This one is NOS. I will try my hand at stubbing the one with a damaged nib as soon as I can verify the new one works the way it should.

Bogon07
April 3rd, 2013, 07:25 PM
Actually have another Platinum Glamour on the way. This one is NOS. I will try my hand at stubbing the one with a damaged nib as soon as I can verify the new one works the way it should.

Wow you are becoming a real dab hand at stubbing ..... Niberatti Stubmeister in the dark art of substublimation.
Yes its a very boring day at work today. Not many files have come in, everyone must be still on holidays or sufferring chocolate overload.

fountainpenkid
April 3rd, 2013, 08:25 PM
Two Glamours? Cool! especially with the stub.

I will be waiting patiently for my Parker Slender Vacumatic in Golden Brown to arrive from Ron Zorn's full restoration.

BikerBabe
April 4th, 2013, 10:33 AM
Saintpaulia congratulations on the Vacumatic with azure blue stripes, it is a beautiful looking pen.

Bikerbabe, neat catch of Jinhaos. The 500 is a nice shape and the red marble is a bit of a looker too.

Thanks. ;) The pens arrived today, they look great! I have a weakness for black with red - preferably deep red, and the black/red pens look great.
I'll be photographing them shortly, I'll post pics in the Asian Pens section/thread. ;)

Bogon07
April 4th, 2013, 04:14 PM
Thanks. ;) The pens arrived today, they look great! I have a weakness for black with red - preferably deep red, and the black/red pens look great.
I'll be photographing them shortly, I'll post pics in the Asian Pens section/thread. ;)
Looking forward to you photos.
For a deep metallic red the Jinhao15 (maybe called Moka) is a lusterous colour also a gloss red too. I used the 2nd seller it took a few emails & two months for the pen to turn up but worth it for the pen. Fine hooded tip.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/FOUNTAIN-PEN-JINHAO-15-THIN-18KGP-NIB-RED-SILVER-JJ313-/261144277559?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3ccd697237#ht_5668wt_1210

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FOUNTAIN-PEN-JINHAO-15-THIN-18KGP-NIB-RED-SILVER-JJ313-/370716811498?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item565071a0ea#ht_7095wt_1542

thagbert
April 4th, 2013, 07:48 PM
I'm waiting on a Lime Green Pilot Prera M from Hong Kong. I love the Prearas.

I think I will get the whole collection eventually.

Saved a few bucks ordering it from Asia.

Tracy Lee
April 6th, 2013, 12:42 PM
My Visconti Rembrandt has arrived I am told, as has my Opera Blue Swirl with matching inkpot. I ordered a Visconti Blue Typhoon yesterday, with a stub nib. My first Visconti nib of that type. I am excited! :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

snedwos
April 6th, 2013, 01:49 PM
You've caught the stub bug, Tracy!

Tracy Lee
April 6th, 2013, 02:56 PM
You've caught the stub bug, Tracy!

I think I have indeed!!! I do like the TWSBI, let's see how Visconti does it. Gonna try one of their broad nibs soon, too. Probably in the new Dali collection, likely to snag one of those soon, too.

Bogon07
April 6th, 2013, 08:45 PM
I think I have indeed!!! I do like the TWSBI, let's see how Visconti does it. Gonna try one of their broad nibs soon, too. Probably in the new Dali collection, likely to snag one of those soon, too.
Congrats on the Rembrandt....still waiting on Mrs Bogon's orange one.
Dali collection ! .... Are you going for the one with the stand in the shape of a tree and melting watch ?

Tracy Lee
April 6th, 2013, 10:31 PM
Congrats on the Rembrandt....still waiting on Mrs Bogon's orange one.
Dali collection ! .... Are you going for the one with the stand in the shape of a tree and melting watch ?

No, a bit rich for my blood for now. The surreal collection is under $300 which is very doable. But I have bought three pens in the last two weeks so a break may be in order. My mister is very patient with my obsession so I need to pace myself.
:)

fountainpenkid
April 7th, 2013, 08:02 AM
No, a bit rich for my blood for now. The surreal collection is under $300 which is very doable. But I have bought three pens in the last two weeks so a break may be in order. My mister is very patient with my obsession so I need to pace myself.

Good thinking. I would take a break from pen purchasing, if it wasn't for the fact I just got too many ink samples and don't have enough pens to put them in!

Bogon07
April 7th, 2013, 09:42 PM

Those look conventional and very nice too. The blue with silver is an eye catcher and the green or brown with gold are very asttractive too. The melted watch on the Visconti clip is a subtle yet surreal touch. mmm, drool.
And I've been issued with an official warning on the weekend too must have been the LE Edison Morgan. :cry:

The Dali Dance of Time LEs are very over the top as you would expect for S.Dali (including the price, not much change from $5,000)
:jaw:

caleath
April 9th, 2013, 08:02 AM
Nothing over the top for me...a few from China and a Dilli too. I am saving for the Dallas pen show in Sept.

thagbert
April 9th, 2013, 09:02 AM
A white Pilot Prera with a Medium nib.

Ordered from Hong Kong.

KrazyIvan
April 9th, 2013, 09:40 AM
This pen seems to be really popular on eBay lately. I bid on four different auctions and lost all of them as it went for over $40 USD. Something I was not going to pay because it is essentially a Chinese homage pen to the Delta Dolce Vita. It does look a bit higher quality than your typical Chinese pen, I will give them that.

Last week, on a fluke, I bid on one and it was bid right up to my max bid of $26, when I went to bed. I fully expected someone to outbid me as I slept. After all, it happened that way the previous 4 times. Had no idea the seller account is part of the Engieka (Sp?) seller ring as my win confirmation came from Engieka. It is a new version of the Orange Naranja "celluloid" but looks much better IMHO. I believe the pen is actually part of the "Wancher" line but can't confirm that yet. Confirmed, it is a Wancher, model WA-IR-NR.

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/BRAND-NEW-Classical-Color-Edition-Orange-Naranja-Celluloid-Fountain-Pen-/00/s/NzAwWDgwMA==/z/KzcAAOxy14VRRrQL/$T2eC16V,!yME9s5qGsTcBRRrQK5Cnw~~60_3.JPG?rt=nc

thagbert
April 9th, 2013, 01:01 PM
This pen seems to be really popular on eBay lately. I bid on four different auctions and lost all of them as it went for over $40 USD. Something I was not going to pay because it is essentially a Chinese homage pen to the Delta Dolce Vita. It does look a bit higher quality than your typical Chinese pen, I will give them that.

Last week, on a fluke, I bid on one and it was bid right up to my max bid of $26, when I went to bed. I fully expected someone to outbid me as I slept. After all, it happened that way the previous 4 times. Had no idea the seller account is part of the Engieka (Sp?) seller ring as my win confirmation came from Engieka. It is a new version of the Orange Naranja "celluloid" but looks much better IMHO. I believe the pen is actually part of the "Wancher" line but can't confirm that yet. Confirmed, it is a Wancher, model WA-IR-NR.

That is a really nice looking pen. I am anxious to hear your evaluation of it.

fountainpenkid
April 9th, 2013, 03:18 PM
That is a really nice looking pen. I am anxious to hear your evaluation of it.

Me too!

Bogon07
April 9th, 2013, 04:27 PM
KI Congrats on your eBay success. Have you listened to the recent PenAddict podcast where Myke complains about being sniped on eBay ?
Very nice looking pen, the resin body looks like the Monteverde Primas and if that nib writes only half as good as it looks then you are on a real winner.
Seems like the sort of pen you could try out with Apache Sunset.

KrazyIvan
April 9th, 2013, 06:15 PM
KI Congrats on your eBay success. Have you listened to the recent PenAddict podcast where Myke complains about being sniped on eBay ?
Very nice looking pen, the resin body looks like the Monteverde Primas and if that nib writes only half as good as it looks then you are on a real winner.
Seems like the sort of pen you could try out with Apache Sunset.

I will do a review on this pen. It does come in to other colors too. A white cracked ice looking acrylic and a darker brown version. Those dont seem to fetch the same prices as this one does.

Thanks Bogon. I have not heard that podcast yet but I don't complain about snipers. I snipe myself when I can but prefer the manual method over a sniping service. Best snipe was had with only 1 second left on the clock.

caleath
April 10th, 2013, 08:18 AM
I like the brown one, I am going to try and get one.

KrazyIvan
April 10th, 2013, 08:22 AM
I do like the brown one too. The white one, not so much. I may go for the brown one depending on how much I like the orange.

Imahawki
April 10th, 2013, 11:49 AM
I have a Sailor 1911 Standard (in rhodium trim) and a green Esterbrook J (my first vintage pen) both on their way to me. I'm out of town on work so I don't even know if they've arrived yet.

caleath
April 12th, 2013, 12:52 PM
Ivan...dang seller just up and ended the sale of the brown one...I guess they can do what they want. I had it set to snipe and got a notice that it was no longer available. If i get one it wont be from that cat.

KrazyIvan
April 12th, 2013, 01:38 PM
Ivan...dang seller just up and ended the sale of the brown one...I guess they can do what they want. I had it set to snipe and got a notice that it was no longer available. If i get one it wont be from that cat.

I have no idea what happened there. He has none of the brown ones listed anymore. I see the orange and white only. Maybe an issue popped up with the brown version?

tandaina
April 12th, 2013, 05:21 PM
I've blown my pen budget for the year. So just waiting for three pens being worked on by Ron Zorn, and have another pen ready to be sent off for some restoration.

writingrav
April 12th, 2013, 06:30 PM
I've blown my pen budget for the year.

That's what I said before I just bought a Visconti Rembrandt.

caleath
April 12th, 2013, 07:40 PM
Since that brown one got unlisted I bought a Sheaffer Touchdown of some kind for 20 bucks and a clear TWSBI mini with an ef nib....i feel better now.

lowks
April 12th, 2013, 09:23 PM
Waiting for a used omas paragon which I initially bought from JM. Sent it back because it was leaking, so I took an opportunity to change the nib to oblique broad too.

Bogon07
April 12th, 2013, 09:29 PM
That's what I said before I just bought a Visconti Rembrandt. I thought you were a Parker man ?

writingrav
April 13th, 2013, 05:29 AM
I thought you were a Parker man ?

Only on the vintage side of things.

thagbert
April 24th, 2013, 06:25 PM
A Pelican M200 Black. My first Pelican!

I figured out that the image of the M200 that I purchased shows a Souveran. For under a hundred bucks, I don't think I got a Souveran! I'll keep you posted when I get it. I bought it from the big e site.

And a Jinhao 500. My first Chinese pen.

fountainpenkid
April 24th, 2013, 06:36 PM
Waiting for a used omas paragon which I initially bought from JM. Sent it back because it was leaking, so I took an opportunity to change the nib to oblique broad too.

Was it an old style paragon, or new?

dsolmei
April 24th, 2013, 10:22 PM
My new Visconti Opera Club should arrive tomorrow. It's my first Italian pen and first palladium nib. Looking forward to writing with it soon.

lowks
April 24th, 2013, 10:38 PM
Old of course

Jon Szanto
April 24th, 2013, 10:38 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/37262362.jpg

sargetalon
April 26th, 2013, 04:31 PM
I'm waiting on a black Pelikan M20 Silvexa with a gold EF nib on the slow boat from Portugal.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f282/jdanley/T2eC16JcE9s4PsMmnBR0Qbph8Q60_57_zps2064bec5.jpg (http://s49.photobucket.com/user/jdanley/media/T2eC16JcE9s4PsMmnBR0Qbph8Q60_57_zps2064bec5.jpg.ht ml)

menunes
April 26th, 2013, 05:27 PM
Just ordered a Jinhao X750 Black Gliter, and a Baoer Blue Stripe Stainless Steel from stationeryart.com, a Hong Kong based seller.

radaddict
April 27th, 2013, 03:29 PM
I'm waiting on a blue Pelikan M605. Can anyone tell me when these were in production or if there's any difference, other than color, to any other M600/605? Here's a (not so good) pic:

fountainpenkid
April 27th, 2013, 04:06 PM
I'm waiting on a blue Pelikan M605. Can anyone tell me when these were in production or if there's any difference, other than color, to any other M600/605? Here's a (not so good) pic:

I believe the nib is rhodium plated...might be wrong about that though...

drgoretex
April 27th, 2013, 05:38 PM
I'm not waiting for ANY pens!

I just wanted to post this really quickly before that changes.

Ken

Tracy Lee
April 27th, 2013, 08:03 PM
You and me both, Ken. :)

caleath
April 27th, 2013, 08:39 PM
Sheaffer's Imperial 3

reprieve
April 28th, 2013, 08:07 AM
After seven months, my Nakaya Naka-ai Writer in kuro-tamenuri is on its way!!!

fountainpenkid
April 28th, 2013, 02:33 PM
After seven months, my Nakaya Naka-ai Writer in kuro-tamenuri is on its way!!!

Nice! Enjoy!

Steph
April 29th, 2013, 02:59 PM
Got Brian's notice today so it's official! I am waiting for my Edison Custom PN-Collier/Glenmont hybrid, in the original Antique Marble.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

MrClockWork
April 29th, 2013, 10:53 PM
Just ordered my first ahab and it was only $12! :bump2:

liapuyat
April 30th, 2013, 05:19 PM
A red Pelikan M205 with an F nib. (Couldn't resist the color!)

drgoretex
April 30th, 2013, 05:24 PM
I'm not waiting for ANY pens!

I just wanted to post this really quickly before that changes.

Ken

Well. THAT didn't last. I am now waiting for one of Brian Gray's 2013 LE pens in acrylic.

But that will be the last one. Really.

Ken

Hez
April 30th, 2013, 09:09 PM
I am waiting on a black AL-Star from Lamy thru a trade on this board. The trade process has been fun :) I am waiting on a pink, white, neon yellow, and apple green safari, from goulet, ebay, different venders. Also a pearl AL-star, and another black AL-star that I had ordered...a pilot metropolitan black with zig zag... Wow! I didn't realize until I wrote them all down! Also looking forward to a slew of ink samples!
Hez

jacksterp
May 1st, 2013, 03:12 AM
Seems like I am always waiting on my next pen. Just haven't figured out what that will be at the moment.

Tracy Lee
May 1st, 2013, 05:01 AM
Visconti Pericles 2001 in blue.

stevekolt
May 1st, 2013, 05:14 AM
Monteverde Prima Green Swirl and a Lamy Al-Star in Pearl are to be delivered today, and a Kaweco Al-Sport is due in tomorrow. Should also have my Green Apple Lamy Safari and TWSBI mini delivered by the weekend.

pedestrian
June 1st, 2013, 01:50 AM
I all! I´m just joined this forum.
Relativelly newy but own a Lamy Logo with strub, Youngseng 016 and Reform 1745. Waiting to receive a Namiki Falcon with Jon´s Spencerian nib...

earthdawn
June 1st, 2013, 02:01 AM
I all! I´m just joined this forum.
Relativelly newy but own a Lamy Logo with strub, Youngseng 016 and Reform 1745. Waiting to receive a Namiki Falcon with Jon´s Spencerian nib...

Welcome and nice pen you have one the way !!!

If you have not seen this video... then you must watch it NOW!

http://youtu.be/pRebkWHsHC0

AMAZING

AndyT
June 1st, 2013, 06:15 AM
I'm waiting on a Platignum Studio No.4, another bargain basement pen ordered out of sheer curiosity for which I have no real use ...

Cake
June 1st, 2013, 10:51 AM
A blue pen needed to be added to my collection, so I'm awaiting an Al-Star in Ocean Blue. I ordered it with a black F nib. Hoping it's an improvement over another F nib I have that I loathe because it's so scratchy...

kaisnowbird
June 5th, 2013, 07:53 AM
1. A belated birthday gift pen, expected to arrive tomorrow. The anticipation is killing me. :baby:
2. Pilot Metropolitan in black (zigzag version). Sure it's cheap, but surprisingly I am not any less eager. Can't wait to play with it.
3. Lamy Al-Star LE Black, EF nib.
4. NOS Montegrappa Symphony, F nib.

The last two will take a little longer -- I wanted to pace myself a little.:bounce:

Tony Rex
June 5th, 2013, 08:09 AM
The last two will take a little longer -- I wanted to pace myself a little.:bounce:

Happy belated birthday!

I'm waiting for a Pelikan M200 demo from printhardcopy, by FedEx this time, on a race with two Safaris he sent earlier by SG Speedpost.

Tony

cwent2
June 5th, 2013, 10:42 AM
Congratulations on being one of the winners of a free FPR Dilli Demonstrator! Please respond with your mailing address and nib choice (fine, medium, stub, or flex) and we will get your pen shipped ASAP. Delivery usually takes about two weeks.

Thanks so much for supporting Fountain Pen Revolution!

Hi Carl,

Awesome! Your pen will ship tomorrow.

All the best,
Kevin

Evidently. a FPR Dilli Demonstrator with a stub nib

I have never won anything in a contest before. yiiiiiiiiiiipppppppppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeee

cwent2
June 5th, 2013, 11:18 AM
Twsbi Vac 700 F nib
Fine nib unit for Twsbi 580
vac 20 ink bottle

Shipped from twsbi tis morning

Raysclim
June 7th, 2013, 10:25 AM
Just a few ( I must be crazy !) ...

1. Visconti homo sepian bronze F nib
2. Visconti millennium Amber (Rebecca moss ) B Nib
3. Visconti Van Gogh starry night F Nib
4. Visconti Hampton demonstrator Limited Edition M Nib
5 .Sailor 1911 profit W/nag. Cross Concorde emperor Nib
6. Parker Sonnet Brown rubber Lacquer M Nib
7. Pelikan M400 white tortoise EF Nib

CapeClear
June 7th, 2013, 12:33 PM
I'm awaiting a third-hand Kaweco Sport Demonstrator. Budget FPgeeking :p

Tracy Lee
June 7th, 2013, 01:13 PM
Just a few ( I must be crazy !) ...

1. Visconti homo sepian bronze F nib
2. Visconti millennium Amber (Rebecca moss ) B Nib
3. Visconti Van Gogh starry night F Nib
4. Visconti Hampton demonstrator Limited Edition M Nib
5 .Sailor 1911 profit W/nag. Cross Concorde emperor Nib
6. Parker Sonnet Brown rubber Lacquer M Nib
7. Pelikan M400 white tortoise EF Nib

Loving this list. I can vouch for the first three as excellent purchases! :)

fountainpenkid
June 8th, 2013, 08:27 PM
Pelikan m400 white torty is finally coming back on monday!!!

john
June 8th, 2013, 11:27 PM
My Visconti Opera Elements Air will be arrived on Monday:)

stevekolt
June 9th, 2013, 05:23 AM
Two that I have sent out for nib exchanges. Parker Sonnet Cisele from M to F, and my Visconti Homo Sapiens Bronze Age Maxi from F to EF.

jacksterp
June 9th, 2013, 07:24 AM
My first two Chinese pens - from hisnibs.com (Norman Haase). A Baoer 8 Horse bronze and a Jinhao Bamboo porcelain.

On the heals of my recently acquired Namiki Falcon and Eversharp Demi-Skyline, I hope they aren't too much of a let down.

Mod_wolves
June 9th, 2013, 02:04 PM
I'm dithering over getting a set of pilot parallels. I know how good they are and I've found them for such a good price but I just can't bring myself to get them...

orfew
June 9th, 2013, 06:42 PM
MB starwalker cool blue fountain pen
MB starwalker cool blue ballpoint

Tracy Lee
June 9th, 2013, 07:35 PM
Two that I have sent out for nib exchanges. Parker Sonnet Cisele from M to F, and my Visconti Homo Sapiens Bronze Age Maxi from F to EF.

Yep, me too, same pen, but M to B. :-) It has been two weeks just about, I am so anxious! Hope it comes home soon.

Raysclim
June 10th, 2013, 08:34 PM
Does pen manufacturer allowed to exchange nib? On what condition?

Thanks

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

renpei
June 10th, 2013, 10:23 PM
Ordered a Lovely Sailor Pro Gear Imperial Black from Engeika.
An FC-29 from franklin christoph
A TWSBI Vac 700 from Goulet
and just got my L2K from Pen boutique :D

manoeuver
June 11th, 2013, 04:02 AM
wanted to try some vintage flex so I snagged this:
http://gregminuskin.com/?p=9115

Bogon07
June 11th, 2013, 05:05 AM
A bunch of Visconti. Two of which are now sitting in the local PO for pick up tomorrow.

john
June 11th, 2013, 11:21 AM
A bunch of Visconti. Two of which are now sitting in the local PO for pick up tomorrow.Longing to see your latest collection of Visconti.

Bogon07
June 12th, 2013, 05:04 PM
A bunch of Visconti. Two of which are now sitting in the local PO for pick up tomorrow.Longing to see your latest collection of Visconti.

Sucessful pickup now waiting on the other three :lazy2:

The Visconti CherryRed FlatTop & Ashford are both very pearlescent.

reprieve
June 12th, 2013, 05:07 PM
Waiting on two from JetPens:

Kaweco Sport AL in raw aluminum
Pilot Prera in lime green

:dance3::dance3::dance3:

fountainpenkid
June 12th, 2013, 05:13 PM

Nice! Are you going to convert the AL Sport to a bulb filler?

reprieve
June 12th, 2013, 05:19 PM

Nice! Are you going to convert the AL Sport to a bulb filler?

No--at least not immediately. I have a bunch of spare cartridges I need to use up first.

CapeClear
June 13th, 2013, 02:46 PM

Very jealous. I'd love an Al-Sport, perhaps in the matte blue but I would imagine the developing patina would be better on the raw aluminium version.

AndyT
June 13th, 2013, 03:32 PM
Two more Nib Creapers, for experimental purposes.

fountainpenkid
June 13th, 2013, 03:45 PM
I'm waiting for my TWSBI mini to turn up...i put it on my desk at school, and when I came back from the bathroom, it was gone.

john
June 13th, 2013, 07:25 PM
Waiting for a Visconti red Demo:lazy2:

Tracy Lee
June 14th, 2013, 04:58 AM
I'm waiting for my TWSBI mini to turn up...i put it on my desk at school, and when I came back from the bathroom, it was gone.

Booooooooooooooo! That sucks.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

kaisnowbird
June 14th, 2013, 06:15 AM

Happy belated birthday!

I'm waiting for a Pelikan M200 demo from printhardcopy, by FedEx this time, on a race with two Safaris he sent earlier by SG Speedpost.

Tony

Thank you Tony. :)
The birthday present turned out to be a Waterman Expert, my first Waterman actually (and it's about time)!
The steel nib doesn't look as well made as I'd expect, but it writes beautifully, silky smooth, and that's what matters.
Besides, it's a gift from my best friend, which makes it more special.

I'm dithering over getting a set of pilot parallels. I know how good they are and I've found them for such a good price but I just can't bring myself to get them...

MW, I feel exactly the same. For me, it's the quality of the plastic that's tripping me up.

fountainpenkid
June 14th, 2013, 01:20 PM

Booooooooooooooo! That sucks.

Yeah...especially considering I was LOVING the Diamine Kelly Green/Ancient Copper/Asa Blue color scheme for notes. :(

thagbert
June 14th, 2013, 01:54 PM

Oh man that blows! Big time!

ChrisC
June 14th, 2013, 02:07 PM
Waiting for a TWSBI 580 Clear Demonstrator. I was considering a Pelikan M200 Demonstrator, a used on eBay for 80ish. But then I found out about how awesome the TWSBI is supposed to be, plus it has a 1.5mm stub! Piston filler, Demonstrator, and Calligraphy all in one for $55 plus $3 shipping. Can't wait!

fountainpenkid
June 15th, 2013, 07:23 AM
A Swan 4260 leverless with a flexible nib! Manny here is very generous and is letting me borrow it for a week or two. I can't wait; it will be the first Swan I've ever tried.

sdmason
June 15th, 2013, 11:08 AM
A teal colored Esterbrook desk pen and and hopefully another in jade green. For some reason Esterbrook desk pens have sparked my obsessive nature of late. Now if I could just manage to make a vacuum filer with an Esterbrook nib....

writingrav
June 19th, 2013, 07:19 AM
I just ordered a Noodler's Konrad Ebonite Feed in Jade Pine Cone Ripple.

Tracy Lee
June 19th, 2013, 01:47 PM
Delta Activa with broad nib, a Stipula Vedo, and my first Esterbrook. :-)

fountainpenkid
June 19th, 2013, 02:34 PM

Those look great. If my TWSBI Mini doesn't re appear, then I might buy one.

Bogon07
June 19th, 2013, 05:54 PM
Delta Activa with broad nib, a Stipula Vedo, and my first Esterbrook. :-)
Nice haul even if no Visconti.
Saving up for the Forbidden City 25th Anniversary Edition I suppose. You will need some new inks soon. :)

Already have a new ink, Noodler's Coral Sea from the local shop. Being eternal it approaches Iroshizuku pricing levels, looks great so far.

Great minds think alike. I was looking to the pale Sahara Olive one but the Jade called out to me.
I certainly hope it is true that the ebonite is better engineered than the resin version of the Konrad.
And two new inks + nib smoothing set from Goulet Pens.

TMac
June 19th, 2013, 06:31 PM
My new Noodlers Konrad Ebonite Jade Pine Cone is en route to me right now. It should be here on Friday!

earthdawn
June 19th, 2013, 10:26 PM
Have a TWSBI Micarta clipless w/broad nib on the way ..

Birthday gift from my girl :)

I guess I know what next weekends review will be

writingrav
June 20th, 2013, 03:11 PM
Have a TWSBI Micarta clipless w/broad nib on the way ..

Birthday gift from my girl :)

I guess I know what next weekends review will be

Good on you!

Bogon07
June 20th, 2013, 11:33 PM
Time goes so slow when you are waiting on pens to arrive. :lazy2:

Tony Rex
June 21st, 2013, 06:43 AM

Absolutely :lazy: ... Btw, here's a riddle for you about the pen I'm waiting for:

I am one that you might like.. After all,
You have most of my siblings, except me!*
Tony is shy, but likes shiny things..
He'll see himself when he see me!

What am I?

*unsure

snedwos
June 21st, 2013, 07:20 AM
Platinum Studio?

KrazyIvan
June 21st, 2013, 09:04 AM
Namiki Falcon.

trefste_metrese
June 22nd, 2013, 09:41 PM
I just binged. Facing the wrath of wifey... but, waiting on;

1. Lamy Al-Star EF Black
2. Baoer 519 (looks to be a Faber-Castell knockoff of high quality, especially for a Chinese Pen)
3. Baoer 507 (the listing states the body is brass, and I'm a sucker for brass, probably not brass because the pen was like, 5USD shipped).
4. Kaigelu 316 "Centennial" - which is a piece for piece knockoff of a Duofold. Excited about this one because there's a vac conversion for it too.

That should tide me over until wifey's anger subsides...

tandaina
June 22nd, 2013, 11:04 PM
THREE pens coming back from repair with Eon. So excited!

kaisnowbird
June 23rd, 2013, 09:45 PM

1. Lamy Al-Star EF Black
2. Baoer 519 (looks to be a Faber-Castell knockoff of high quality, especially for a Chinese Pen)
3. Baoer 507 (the listing states the body is brass, and I'm a sucker for brass, probably not brass because the pen was like, 5USD shipped).
4. Kaigelu 316 "Centennial" - which is a piece for piece knockoff of a Duofold. Excited about this one because there's a vac conversion for it too.

Looks like really good value all around. Congrats! In time, be sure to let us know how they write.

My Al-Star black arrived last week (an EF too!) and hasn't been inked yet. I am currently waiting for my first Montegrappa to be delivered. After that, I will ban myself from buying any pens for a month. :stop:

Bogon07
June 24th, 2013, 05:16 PM

Absolutely :lazy: ... Btw, here's a riddle for you about the pen I'm waiting for:

I am one that you might like.. After all,
You have most of my siblings, except me!*
Tony is shy, but likes shiny things..
He'll see himself when he see me!

What am I?

*unsure

A shiney Platinum Studio from eBay as they are way too expensive to buy in Oz ?

I think some of my pens from the US are coming via Terra del Fuego so I hope the Magellanic Penguins don't get their flippers on them.

Tony Rex
June 24th, 2013, 11:49 PM
A shiney Platinum Studio from eBay as they are way too expensive to buy in Oz ?
I think some of my pens from the US are coming via Terra del Fuego so I hope the Magellanic Penguins don't get their flippers on

Spot on mate. Except on the eBay part, I bought it from Pengallery.com. Lai was awesome. He had managed to find an F in less than an hour, wasn't just swapped nib either, because the box label matches. Ordered on Wednesday, in my hands Monday. Ridiculously low courier cost too.

This pen was one of my grail pen.

Tony

trefste_metrese
June 25th, 2013, 12:10 AM

1. Lamy Al-Star EF Black

Looks like really good value all around. Congrats! In time, be sure to let us know how they write.

My Al-Star black arrived last week (an EF too!) and hasn't been inked yet. I am currently waiting for my first Montegrappa to be delivered. After that, I will ban myself from buying any pens for a month. :stop:

We'll see! I really wish Lamy made their stub nibs in black. The Kaigelu 316 looks so nice -Here's a comparison with the Duofold.http://www.penlibrary.com/html/Parker_Kaigelu.html

Bogon07
June 25th, 2013, 12:10 AM
Tony, Congrats, do you expect it to weigh more than the other Studios ?

Tony Rex
June 25th, 2013, 12:42 AM
I've never held a LAMY Studio before. It's 34 g on the scale, exactly the same as my other writer (Pelikan M640).

I'm also waiting for a Camlin from a trade with subramaniyam! And another Pel nib.

KrazyIvan
June 25th, 2013, 09:30 AM
Posted on my Instagram yesterday. The Falcon landed.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7357/9129794202_d896a3c291_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/ivan_romero/9129794202/)
Pilot Namiki Falcon SF nib with Private Reserve Avocado #fountainpen (http://www.flickr.com/photos/ivan_romero/9129794202/) by IvanRomero (http://www.flickr.com/people/ivan_romero/), on Flickr

fountainpenkid
June 25th, 2013, 09:47 AM
Posted on my Instagram yesterday. The Falcon landed.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7357/9129794202_d896a3c291_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/ivan_romero/9129794202/)
Pilot Namiki Falcon SF nib with Private Reserve Avocado #fountainpen (http://www.flickr.com/photos/ivan_romero/9129794202/) by IvanRomero (http://www.flickr.com/people/ivan_romero/), on Flickr

Great combo!

jacksterp
June 25th, 2013, 10:19 AM
KI - lookin' good. Really dig the combo.

Have been putting off getting some PR Avocado - but I may just bend to the pressure you're applying :)

KrazyIvan
June 25th, 2013, 10:25 AM
FPK, it was your letter that finally got me to get a bottle of Avocado. It was in the back of my mind for a while but I kept telling myself I wanted to sample it first. :)

jacksterp, it is a good shade of green that shades nicely.

writingrav
June 25th, 2013, 10:51 AM
Waiting for a Franklin-Christophe #65 desk pen and a Faber- Castille Ambition in peach wood. It must be FC day

AndyT
June 25th, 2013, 11:03 AM
Swan Self-filler (yes, another one) and a Waterman 351V. Also some colourful Oriental pens which I assume are bobbing about somewhere on the South China Seas right now, so they'll be a while.

I like mango pudding
June 25th, 2013, 02:00 PM
ughhhh..

An el cheapo Jinhao 159 since May 13. Took the seller 3 and a half weeks just to send it off and it's stuck somewhere since June 6. Tracking hasn't been updated since. That's just over six weeks for a $10 pen.

Meanwhile, the reason why I got it was a test run for an eventual 149, which I just got today. And that only took 4 days, including the weekend!

tandaina
June 25th, 2013, 02:13 PM
My first Nakaya was "due" in June. We're nearing the end and I'm getting really antsy!!!

earthdawn
June 25th, 2013, 03:47 PM
My first Nakaya was "due" in June. We're nearing the end and I'm getting really antsy!!!

Due tell !!!

Whacha' gettin' ??????

snedwos
June 25th, 2013, 04:05 PM
Waiting for a Franklin-Christophe #65 desk pen and a Faber- Castille Ambition in peach wood. It must be FC day

I really want a FC desk pen, except i really want it in the smoke and ice finish from the 40 Pocket pen...

stevekolt
June 25th, 2013, 04:17 PM
Esterbrook J pens in grey, red, and copper, and a Parker green striped Vacumatic. Plus my Visconti HS Bronze Age to return from a nib swap.

fountainpenkid
June 25th, 2013, 04:20 PM
Esterbrook J pens in grey, red, and copper, and a Parker green striped Vacumatic. Plus my Visconti HS Bronze Age to return from a nib swap.

What type of vac?

Bogon07
June 26th, 2013, 05:26 PM
I've never held a LAMY Studio before. It's 34 g on the scale, exactly the same as my other writer (Pelikan M640).

I'm also waiting for a Camlin from a trade with subramaniyam! And another Pel nib.

Interesting the Lamy Platinum Guilloche CP1 is heavier than the matt black CP1 by a noticable amount. Then it has a metal grip section compared to the black's plastic one so that may account for the difference too.

KrazyIvan
June 28th, 2013, 09:01 AM
LE Lamy Al-Star in Black with a black bold nib.

tandaina
June 28th, 2013, 09:20 AM

Due tell !!!

Whacha' gettin' ??????

A picolo in ao-tamenuri, silver goldfish stopper and some surprise custom elements. ;) Soon as it arrives I'll do a review iwth pictures. Probably more than you want to see! ;)

earthdawn
June 28th, 2013, 12:52 PM

Due tell !!!

Whacha' gettin' ??????

A picolo in ao-tamenuri, silver goldfish stopper and some surprise custom elements. ;) Soon as it arrives I'll do a review iwth pictures. Probably more than you want to see! ;)

WOW ... that sounds outstanding !!!

I hope you post a ton of pics ... that means, please post a ton of pics lol

I guess your going to have to get a goldfish converter as well ;)

KrazyIvan
June 28th, 2013, 01:50 PM

Due tell !!!

Whacha' gettin' ??????

I will be waiting on that one.

john
June 29th, 2013, 08:20 AM
I'm waiting for these two celluloid Wingsung pens.

dgator
June 29th, 2013, 08:29 AM
Sheaffer Targa

I like mango pudding
June 29th, 2013, 11:13 AM
Finally got that Jinhao 159 after over 7 weeks of waiting. It doesn't do much for me now that I have a 149. I ordered a B nib and it compares to a typical M nib that I am used to. A bit heavy too.

fountainpenkid
June 30th, 2013, 08:52 AM

Those are cute!

john
June 30th, 2013, 01:46 PM

Those are cute!Until now I don't know where they are. You know China air mail is not reliable. The tracking number which is useless, I can't have a trace on these two pens.

Bogon07
June 30th, 2013, 04:24 PM
John, those two celluloid Wingsung pens are very attractive. Hope they write as good as they look.

KrazyIvan
June 30th, 2013, 04:42 PM

Those are cute!Until now I don't know where they are. You know China air mail is not reliable. The tracking number which is useless, I can't have a trace on these two pens.

Those tracking numbers sometimes are track able via the USPS tracking website.

Bogon07
June 30th, 2013, 10:07 PM

The ones that start RB*********** seem to stop tracking once they reach ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS).
One I picked up from the PO on 21June2013 but tracking still shows it at NY on 14June2013. Its buddy pen posted just a day later was only delivered this morning !

The CF***** parcels are ok, they actually show the parcel making it to an Australian PO.

Still waiting on two Visconti who exited ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) on 24June2013. That is after taking 10 days to travel from Baton Rouge to NY.
They will be getting a wash and nutritious drink of ink on arrival.

Raysclim
July 1st, 2013, 02:06 AM
I am Waiting for this beauty. Visconti Rebecca moss Hampton demonstrator. It is going to be a 3 weeks wait shipped from USA to Singapore. But worth the wait. Lol

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Tracy Lee
July 1st, 2013, 05:03 AM
Glad to know a fellow geek got that one! I never bid, but I was watching. :-)

Raysclim
July 1st, 2013, 05:31 AM
I have the other Hampton demonstrator with clear body. This one looks very nice. Cannot resist the temptation.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

john
July 1st, 2013, 08:04 AM
John, those two celluloid Wingsung pens are very attractive. Hope they write as good as they look.I hope they are not scratchy, only a few dollars pen, I can't expect anything. I have the Jinhao pen which is very smooth, after I enlarge the ink channel of the feed, the ink flow is good.

john
July 1st, 2013, 08:11 AM

Those tracking numbers sometimes are track able via the USPS tracking website.Thanks Ivan, I've tried it before and other tracking websites too. Still can get nothing from that tracking number. So keep on waiting is what I can do:lazy2:.

john
July 1st, 2013, 08:14 AM
I am Waiting for this beauty. Visconti Rebecca moss Hampton demonstrator. It is going to be a 3 weeks wait shipped from USA to Singapore. But worth the wait. Lol

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 4 BetaMy red demo arrived within 2 weeks. Your amber demo looks great.

kaisnowbird
July 1st, 2013, 08:16 AM

1. Lamy Al-Star EF Black

We'll see! I really wish Lamy made their stub nibs in black. The Kaigelu 316 looks so nice -Here's a comparison with the Duofold.http://www.penlibrary.com/html/Parker_Kaigelu.html

Awesome stuff!! I really admire you guys who can make these conversions yourself. I'll definitely add a Kaigelu 316 onto my want list and will compare that with my modern Duofold.

My Montegrappa purchase didn't work out so well -- had to return the pen. Funnily, I'm not all that disappointed - kinda glad that it will free up funds to buy other pens. This really goes to show that expensive FPs are not necessarily more satisfying.

john
July 1st, 2013, 09:03 AM

The ones that start RB*********** seem to stop tracking once they reach ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS).
One I picked up from the PO on 21June2013 but tracking still shows it at NY on 14June2013. Its buddy pen posted just a day later was only delivered this morning !

The CF***** parcels are ok, they actually show the parcel making it to an Australian PO.

Still waiting on two Visconti who exited ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) on 24June2013. That is after taking 10 days to travel from Baton Rouge to NY.
They will be getting a wash and nutritious drink of ink on arrival.The tracking of USPS is also sucking. Sometimes I've got the pens and still indicated in US. My red demo took a week travelling from Baton Rouge to New York, and spending 3 days to come to Hong Kong.

trefste_metrese
July 2nd, 2013, 11:35 AM

1. Lamy Al-Star EF Black

Awesome stuff!! I really admire you guys who can make these conversions yourself. I'll definitely add a Kaigelu 316 onto my want list and will compare that with my modern Duofold.

My Montegrappa purchase didn't work out so well -- had to return the pen. Funnily, I'm not all that disappointed - kinda glad that it will free up funds to buy other pens. This really goes to show that expensive FPs are not necessarily more satisfying.

The Kaigelu arrived, and it's very nice for the price. I wish I had a Duofold to compare it to! Let me know how they stack up!

youstruckgold
July 4th, 2013, 08:52 AM
2 ordered, one close one will take a while.
The closey an Edison bulb in green with binder nib
The waiter a Nakaya decapod twist ( inspired in this fora) in Ao tamenuri with rose gold nib and clip.

dduran
July 4th, 2013, 09:01 AM

Those tracking numbers sometimes are track able via the USPS tracking website.Thanks Ivan, I've tried it before and other tracking websites too. Still can get nothing from that tracking number. So keep on waiting is what I can do:lazy2:.

They look like a Pelikan base + Aurora scroll design on the nib + another pen's section rings. Cool, how much did you pay for em (if you don't mind)? Hopefully 100x cheaper :)

countrydirt
July 4th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Pelikan M200 - Italic - this is a gift from my wife.
Esterbrook J - 9550 - Green - this is a gift to myself

john
July 4th, 2013, 01:38 PM

They look like a Pelikan base + Aurora scroll design on the nib + another pen's section rings. Cool, how much did you pay for em (if you don't mind)? Hopefully 100x cheaper :)Yes, they look like the Pelikan on the cap. They cost under $20 for two. Free shipping.

trefste_metrese
July 4th, 2013, 03:53 PM
Waiting for a Pelikan M100 and a Pilot Prera. Both in white, the M100 with a Broad nib and the Prera with a Medium. Also waiting on a bottle of Tsuki-yo and many INCOWRIMO replies ;)

Moxoftritonytes
July 5th, 2013, 09:49 AM
I`m waiting for a Pelikan Classic M200 Demonstrator with F nib. It will be the follow-up to my old Pelikan 100N piston filler which I want to retire because the plastics are shrinking and using it further would damage the pen. I have read many rave reviews about the M200s and I hope I can`t go wrong with this one.

rtryland
July 7th, 2013, 05:37 PM
Currently waiting on a Goulet order which contains:
Noodler's Ahab Flex
Noodler's Konrad Flex
2 Goulet EF nibs for the above pens
TWBSI 580 1.1 Stub

and some other misc nicknacks and ink.

countrydirt
July 8th, 2013, 09:25 AM
Currently waiting on a Goulet order which contains:
CF Triomphe
Ink
Nib smoothing kit

Also Fahrney's order:
Pelikan M 200 - Italic

Also ebay order:
Esterbrook J

Darn tracking numbers are adding to my anticipation!

jacksterp
July 8th, 2013, 11:12 AM
shhhh...

A Retro 51 rollerball, Sakura Pigma Micron set, Rotrin Tikky and others...

cwent2
July 8th, 2013, 11:17 AM
Was waiting for Noodlers Konrad John Mung Acrylic and four Noodlers non flex fine nibs - but they just arrived - Swapped nibs and inked with Noodlers black - nice flow right out of the box!

cwent2
July 8th, 2013, 05:55 PM
Fountain Pen
Product Name Imperial II Deluxe (it's on a sticker on the cap)
Manufacturer and Year Sheaffer - 1960s
Length 5-3/8" capped (Pen)
Filling System

Touchdown (vacuum) filling system - in perfect working order with excellent suction ... it makes that nice "whoosh" sound.
Color

The body is a deep shiny color. (Please make color selection from pulldown menu.)
Nib

Conical Triumph nib, not marked as to metal but marked Sheaffer Made in USA, silver-colored. (We have heard these described as unhallmarked palladium.) Very smooth. I'd say the nib is slightly less flexible than the Sheaffer gold inlaid nibs, but more flexible than the inlaid steel nibs. Hope that helps a little.
Condition

BRAND NEW OLD STOCK FROM THE 1960s!

These pens are new old stock from the early 1960s. They have a small speck of pitting on the clip, but otherwise they are perfect. They have never been used and the fountain pen has never been inked. We have replaced the O-ring, and the suction is excellent.

I am getting a black one but pic close representation

Jon Szanto
July 9th, 2013, 12:21 AM
Congrats, CW - Teri at PSP is *super* to work with, I've gotten a number of pens from her.

Against my better judgement, I picked this up today. I've been pretty good about not buying for a while, but this pen seemed unique enough that I put a limit on myself and said "if it is meant to be, it is meant to be". From what I can tell, it is a pen from the Gregg Shorthand people, who earlier in the last century worked with a number of manufacturers to have pens made for them (such as Sheaffer). This one I believe to be from Wearever, and those are mostly third-tier pens, save for some of the pens in their top lines. Often very colorful celluloids, but abysmal quality and bad nibs. This one, though, looks to be of a higher end, the nib looks better (and *different*) and, hell, I just thought this was one heck of a cool pen. Also came from one of my favorite eBay sellers, so I know at least it has been restored well and will be shipped well...

earthdawn
July 9th, 2013, 01:11 AM
Congrats, CW - Teri at PSP is *super* to work with, I've gotten a number of pens from her.

Against my better judgement, I picked this up today. I've been pretty good about not buying for a while, but this pen seemed unique enough that I put a limit on myself and said "if it is meant to be, it is meant to be". From what I can tell, it is a pen from the Gregg Shorthand people, who earlier in the last century worked with a number of manufacturers to have pens made for them (such as Sheaffer). This one I believe to be from Wearever, and those are mostly third-tier pens, save for some of the pens in their top lines. Often very colorful celluloids, but abysmal quality and bad nibs. This one, though, looks to be of a higher end, the nib looks better (and *different*) and, hell, I just thought this was one heck of a cool pen. Also came from one of my favorite eBay sellers, so I know at least it has been restored well and will be shipped well...

OK... Beautiful pen ... Love the colors...

What is up with the NIB !!!!

I have never seen a nib like that before with wht almost looks like it is incased ????

Jon Szanto
July 9th, 2013, 02:06 AM
What is up with the NIB !!!! I have never seen a nib like that before with wht almost looks like it is incased ????
I don't know what the term is for this. I've seen it, or variations, on other pens. One thought that crosses my mind is that it has a stiffening effect on the nib. Since Wearevers were cheaper pens, the nibs were frequently very thin, and many that you find these days are pretty destroyed. Chilton had a pen called the Wing-Flow (or that is what the nib design was called?) where the nib had tabs that wrapped around the feed. This kept it in alignment very well, and (according to at least some) allowed them to make them out of thinner sheet. Less gold means they could get more bang for their buck.

Anyway, I'm going on. I have to do more research, because in advance of picking this up I was only able to gather a tiny bit of info. Here are a couple more shots of the nib (from the auction, not my pics, still waiting for the pen...):

Tony Rex
July 9th, 2013, 02:44 AM
That's certainly a unique looking pen Jon. I like it.

I'm waiting for a LAMY Joy, but it's no joy for me, because it will be traded for something. I've had my joy on my last sumgai purchase, so this was part of spreading that joy of some sort. And a nice leather two pens case :)

earthdawn
July 9th, 2013, 02:55 AM
Wow Jon... that close up is awesome.

What a cool pen. I bet you can't wait to get it.

Looking forward to your thoughts on it.

Update any info you find. It's a really interesting pen.

Congrats

AndyT
July 9th, 2013, 03:10 AM
... hell, I just thought this was one heck of a cool pen.

I'd go along with that. :)

RuiFromUK
July 9th, 2013, 03:39 AM
Italix Captain's Commission with a medium italic nib from MrPen.co.uk

reprieve
July 9th, 2013, 06:32 AM
Jon, that is a gorgeous pen. Love the striped celluloid. Congrats!

I'm waiting on a Platinum 3776 in mottled red ebonite with a broad nib (photo from ebay listing):
http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Brand-New-Wancher-Ripple-Marble-Ebonite-Jupiter-14kt-BROAD-nib-Fountain-Pen-/00/s/NjAwWDgwMA==/$T2eC16F,!)EE9s2ufEw0BQ93Llz6U!~~60_3.JPG?rt=nc

Jon Szanto
July 9th, 2013, 11:11 AM
I'm waiting on a Platinum 3776 in mottled red ebonite with a broad nib (photo from ebay listing):
http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Brand-New-Wancher-Ripple-Marble-Ebonite-Jupiter-14kt-BROAD-nib-Fountain-Pen-/00/s/NjAwWDgwMA==/$T2eC16F,!)EE9s2ufEw0BQ93Llz6U!~~60_3.JPG?rt=nc

Now that is a handsome pen, Tracy. I love pens that combine brown tones with gold hardware. My wife has a vintage Pelikan 400NN in tortoise with brown celluloid that just hits my aesthetic sweet spot. Congrats on your pen.

ETA: Sorry about that, reprieve! Don't know how I attributed the pen to Tracy!! Still a nice pen, no matter the owner...

Tracy Lee
July 9th, 2013, 05:31 PM
That is Reprieve's pen, but I would happily take it off his hands if he hates it!!

Tracy Lee
July 9th, 2013, 05:38 PM
BUT, while I am here, I was waiting for these two (and the ink) and they arrived today. Visconti RM Voyager in a dark and wonderful green with a medium nib, and a Delta Fusion, Black Matte finish with a medium nib. This makes #30 for my Visconti collection and my 4th Voyager, and #5 for my slowly blossoming Delta collection. :)http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/07/10/6a3y7usu.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/07/10/evudyne3.jpg

Tracy Lee
July 9th, 2013, 05:54 PM
Spot guards the new pens. . .

reprieve
July 9th, 2013, 09:04 PM
That is Reprieve's pen, but I would happily take it off his hands if he hates it!!

If she hates it, she will let you know. :flirt: :D

kemuri
July 10th, 2013, 02:37 PM
Hello, friends.

I'm not waiting for any fancy pens... just a Pilot 78G and a Platinum Plaisir.

As I said, none of them are expensive but can't wait to receive them and star writing!

-kemuri

reprieve
July 10th, 2013, 02:55 PM
Hello, friends.

I'm not waiting for any fancy pens... just a Pilot 78G and a Platinum Plaisir.

As I said, none of them are expensive but can't wait to receive them and star writing!

-kemuri

Inexpensive pens are exciting, too! Some of my favorite pens cost less than $35. The 78g and Plaisir are both excellent writers and are worthy of camping out next to one's mailbox. :rockon:

tandaina
July 10th, 2013, 02:58 PM
I'm actually waiting for a Noodler's Ahab clear teal demonstrator because I wanted to play with the Goulet 1.5 stub nib. :)

Peter57
July 10th, 2013, 03:59 PM
Next few days - Pelikan M800 black/red

Near term (hopefully) - Noodler's music pen

Tracy Lee
July 10th, 2013, 04:24 PM
Delta Dolce Vita Star Verde Vellum Limited Edition. Medium nib.

bigevilgrape
July 10th, 2013, 07:11 PM
I was supposed to get my ahab in the mail today, but it wound up at the wrong post office. Cruel and unusual punishment.

earthdawn
July 10th, 2013, 07:28 PM
I was supposed to get my ahab in the mail today, but it wound up at the wrong post office. Cruel and unusual punishment.

LOL... I feel your pain!

I was suppose to get my Nakaya with Elastic nib back today. I got the feed swapped out and for the first time I guess the driver had too many deliveries so at about 7:25pm it was updated on the site that it was getting delivered tomorrow.

UPS though ... its all good as I have NEVER had issues with them.

Bogon07
July 10th, 2013, 07:49 PM
BUT, while I am here, I was waiting for these two (and the ink) and they arrived today. Visconti RM Voyager in a dark and wonderful green with a medium nib, and a Delta Fusion, Black Matte finish with a medium nib. This makes #30 for my Visconti collection and my 4th Voyager, and #5 for my slowly blossoming Delta collection. :)http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/07/10/6a3y7usu.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/07/10/evudyne3.jpg

I knew you Voyager would look more dramatic than mine and these photos prove it. Very nice indeed.
Congratulations on Visconti #30. Your milestone pen is certainly more stunning than most of Visconti's 25th anniversary pens. :)

The Delta Fusion has a gun metal appearance in the photo which is very alluring.

The ink looks interesting too, is it a bluish turquoise ?
Snazzy journal too.

Good to see Spot hard at work keeping everything in order.

Tracy Lee
July 11th, 2013, 05:19 AM
Yes, I think for #30 it works quite well. The ink is indigo blue, sort of a slightly powdered blue so it is not so bright and looks more like a muted blue suede. I inked up the Voyager last night with it and on Tomoe River it was a very pleasing result. The pen is a fabulous writer, just like the red flattop. Outstanding nib.

The Delta has a slightly smoother feel than a homo sapiens but that matte look is along the same lines. It is lighter than expected, and shows oils from your hands a lot, but it really is a nice change from the usual finishes. I still have not inked it.

The journal was a gift several years ago that I am now using for letter related stuff. Light blue leather cover over great paper and all hand made, hand stitched together.

bigevilgrape
July 11th, 2013, 05:54 AM

LOL... I feel your pain!

I was suppose to get my Nakaya with Elastic nib back today. I got the feed swapped out and for the first time I guess the driver had too many deliveries so at about 7:25pm it was updated on the site that it was getting delivered tomorrow.

UPS though ... its all good as I have NEVER had issues with them.

I might have to come home at lunch today because I'm expecting my snorkel too. I was ordering supplies to repair it and the Ahab sort of fell into my cart.

bigevilgrape
July 11th, 2013, 03:54 PM
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7353/9263055101_7502336c00_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/bigevilgrape/9263055101/)
DSC_0535.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/bigevilgrape/9263055101/) by bigevilgrape (http://www.flickr.com/people/bigevilgrape/), on Flickr

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2871/9263047613_132a051891_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/bigevilgrape/9263047613/)
DSC_0526.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/bigevilgrape/9263047613/) by bigevilgrape (http://www.flickr.com/people/bigevilgrape/), on Flickr

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7367/9265822938_7af2a11794_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/bigevilgrape/9265822938/)
DSC_0525.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/bigevilgrape/9265822938/) by bigevilgrape (http://www.flickr.com/people/bigevilgrape/), on Flickr

Snorkel came :) I'm not sure what is stuck in the end of the tube... it looks rather rubbery. I didn't try to fill it, but it doesn't feel like there its pulling a vacuum when I push down on the tube.

I dumped all the pictures from my camera onto flickr, so you can click though for more.

Tracy Lee
July 11th, 2013, 05:04 PM
I have never seen one of those before. Totally. Cool.

thagbert
July 11th, 2013, 06:41 PM

Look up Shaeffer Snorkel. They are cool.

Jon Szanto
July 11th, 2013, 07:13 PM
I have never seen one of those before.

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7SaP37uX5o

Tracy Lee
July 11th, 2013, 07:27 PM
I learn something new here everyday and I love it. My pen universe is so much bigger now! :)

bigevilgrape
July 11th, 2013, 07:30 PM

I agree on the totally cool ;) There are a ton of videos and pictures online. I feel in love with the crazy complex filling system when I first saw them a few months ago.

Cool Fool
July 11th, 2013, 11:08 PM
This one from Newton Pens.

I wanted a pen that would remind me of the beach town I was born in and chose the elements accordingly. I had thought that the colors i had chosen might be so personal that anyone but me me might think it was a little weird, but when I saw how Shawn had assembled the whole thing, I was knocked out. I can hardly wait to receive it.

kemuri
July 12th, 2013, 07:27 AM

I agree on the totally cool ;) There are a ton of videos and pictures online. I feel in love with the crazy complex filling system when I first saw them a few months ago.

Wow!!! :blink::blink:

First time I see this type of filling system! Nice!

-kemuri

bigevilgrape
July 12th, 2013, 08:00 AM
This one from Newton Pens.

I wanted a pen that would remind me of the beach town I was born in and chose the elements accordingly. I had thought that the colors i had chosen might be so personal that anyone but me me might think it was a little weird, but when I saw how Shawn had assembled the whole thing, I was knocked out. I can hardly wait to receive it.

I'm drooling over your pen. I spent my summers on a sailboat growing up and I love the ocean.

oke
July 12th, 2013, 08:15 AM
So, I ended up springing for the Ultimate Titanium Clicky Pen (http://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/2974-A-titanium-bolt-action-pen!-Thoughts), and hafta wait for that one to get here. I want to compare it to the titanium Lamy 2000 in terms of workmanship and fit & finish.

And am still wondering if I should get the TiBolt (http://j.mp/TiBolt_jsc), but only have another day for that option.

carlos.q
July 12th, 2013, 01:59 PM
I'm waiting for my first Parker 51, so I can see for myself what all the fuss is about... (runs for cover)

fountainpenkid
July 12th, 2013, 03:02 PM
1916 Waterman's Saftey pen.

Tracy Lee
July 12th, 2013, 03:46 PM
Waiting ended today for this - better pictures will be posted later in the Delta thread! I kind of forgot it came with a stub so quite excited! :-) As always, handwritten note from Bryant Greer accompanied the pen.

pajhurley
July 12th, 2013, 07:14 PM
In the mail - Pelikan M800 Blue-Black (Medium Nib), Pilot Custom Heritage 92 (Medium Nib) and TWSBI Micarta 2 (clipless and yes, Medium Nib).

I am in the process of building a collection of modern FPs that I feel are interesting.
Started about 4 months ago - currently have TWSBI (580, 540, VAC700, Mini), Pilot (VP, Prera, Metro), Lamy (Vista, AL-Star, Safari, 2000), Edison Beaumont LE, Pelikan (200, 205), Noodler (Konrad Ebonite, Ahab clear), and Monteverde (Invincia Deluxe Nighthawk).

Looking forward to learning much more and getting to a show or two and discovering the world of vintage pens.

JazzDoc
July 13th, 2013, 04:29 PM
I'm waiting on this guy:

A truly gorgeous Parker!!!

JazzDoc
July 13th, 2013, 04:46 PM
I'm waiting on three - I went berserk this month:

(1) Omas Arte Italiana Noir Milford with cursive italic medium grind (JM);
(2) Visconti Homo Sapiens Lava Black (Bronze trim) with 1.3 stub nib;
(3) Pelikan Souverän 800 tortoise-shell with 1.1 cursive italic nib.

Shoot me now. :crazy_pilot:

earthdawn
July 14th, 2013, 02:35 AM
I'm waiting on three - I went berserk this month:

(1) Omas Arte Italiana Noir Milford with cursive italic medium grind (JM);
(2) Visconti Homo Sapiens Lava Black (Bronze trim) with 1.3 stub nib;
(3) Pelikan Souverän 800 tortoise-shell with 1.1 cursive italic nib.

Shoot me now. :crazy_pilot:

LOL.. I feel so much better now.

WOW you are going to have a great month for sure.

We expect some great pics please!

cwent2
July 15th, 2013, 05:15 PM
Sheaffer snorkel in black. all new seals, fills, writes, 14k sheaffer 5 non conical medium nib, was straightened, writes nice

chadden
July 15th, 2013, 07:06 PM
The Retro 51 White Nickel Ext with a fine nib.

fountainpenkid
July 15th, 2013, 08:06 PM

Fully restored by fountainbel, with flexible stub nib.

orfew
July 15th, 2013, 09:57 PM
Delta Capri night with a B nib.

erpe
July 16th, 2013, 01:38 AM
Currently on the road (or in the air probably): Dolce Vita Naranja and a Wancher (...) Spring Deivine limited edition in grey/silver.

RuiFromUK
July 16th, 2013, 02:45 AM
Italix Captain's Commission fountain pen with medium Italic nib

writingrav
July 16th, 2013, 07:11 AM

Congrats!

fountainpenkid
July 16th, 2013, 09:48 AM

Congrats!

Thanks! It should be a lot of fun!

kaisnowbird
July 22nd, 2013, 03:06 PM
Testing my patience at the moment are:
- Waterman Carene in Royal Blue with gold trim, F nib, and
- a new old stock Visconti Opera Club LE in dark blue with silver trim, F nib again. (This will be my first Visconti -- it's about time!!)

Not sure how it happened, but the last 12 pens I've purchased/received all have F/EF nibs. I desperately need a few more stub/italic nibs to calm my nerves... :rant:

jacksterp
July 22nd, 2013, 04:42 PM
A "NOS" Bexley Bx802. The one in the middle (Onyx). Simply could not pass it up for the princely sum of $56.

Have always wanted to try a Bexley and this seemed as good an opportunity as any.

stevekolt
July 22nd, 2013, 04:57 PM
Currently 2 Lamy Safari Limited Editions, one in Aquamarine, and one in Pink. Also a pair of Pelikan Souveran 400's, one in blue striated and another in green striated, both with EF nibs.

velo
July 22nd, 2013, 08:18 PM
My first Asian pens.

TWSBI 580 1.1 stub.
Jinhao 750 Med. Matte Black.

john
July 22nd, 2013, 10:45 PM
The Visconti Blue Typhoon Opera with 14k F nib. Will be arrived within a week.

Tracy Lee
July 23rd, 2013, 04:32 AM

Ohhhh, goodie!!! Can't wait to hear what you think!

RuiFromUK
July 23rd, 2013, 05:14 AM
Italian pen: Duchessa lady size with fine flex nib

john
July 23rd, 2013, 05:35 AM

Ohhhh, goodie!!! Can't wait to hear what you think!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2Ater I get it, I will post the pics here.

00Photo
July 23rd, 2013, 05:52 AM
I have this one incoming. I can't wait!
http://www.weareverpens.com/ebay/zx52.JPG

KrazyIvan
July 23rd, 2013, 08:23 AM
A "NOS" Bexley Bx802. The one in the middle (Onyx). Simply could not pass it up for the princely sum of $56.

Have always wanted to try a Bexley and this seemed as good an opportunity as any.

I have the cracked ice version in a broad and I ground it to a stub. They use Shmidt style nib units.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7070/6801568804_e57d9622ca_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/ivan_romero/6801568804/)
Bexley BX802 - Cracked Ice (http://www.flickr.com/photos/ivan_romero/6801568804/) by IvanRomero (http://www.flickr.com/people/ivan_romero/), on Flickr

john
July 23rd, 2013, 08:45 AM
I have this one incoming. I can't wait!
http://www.weareverpens.com/ebay/zx52.JPGThis Waterman is a safety pen or the eyedropper? Awesome!

cwent2
July 23rd, 2013, 10:02 AM
@JACKSTERP WHERE?