PDA

View Full Version : What Pens(s) Are You Waiting For?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Cob
June 16th, 2014, 05:32 PM
I've been buying again - and done a bit of unprofitable selling too (ha ha me? a geek...)

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this one (picture credit acknowledged)

Rgds

Cob

john
June 17th, 2014, 08:29 AM
Waiting for a 1930's Waterman Persian 94, maybe arriving within a few days.
And a n.o.s. 1935 German piston filler from our member which is shipping from Netherlands.

VertOlive
June 19th, 2014, 09:53 PM
3 Incoming:

A screaming yellow "Poky Pen" medium point from Chinasomeplace

A Levenger True Writer in Red Pearl with Broad nib from FPN classifieds [USA]

A Delta Ivory Passion in Medium nib from FPN classifeds [Italy]

An Orange Stipula Speed in 0.9mm nib from Speerbob [50% off!]

Tsuki yo
June 22nd, 2014, 08:22 AM
From the Anderson's:
A Stipula Passaporto .9mm
A Libelle Siena M nib I think
A 6mm Pilot Parallel

From Ebay:
NOS Parker 25 Flighter F nib with Black accents (nabbed it for less than 40 bucks, too!)

From Fountain Pen Revolution:
A fistful of Serwex that I won from a Facebook giveaway.

About three weeks ago I had said the words "No more pens for a while" to my husband, and he agreed... Woops.

I just checked out the Anderson's page and the Stipula with the 9mm stub isn't even on there any more, I must have bought the last one, which would explain the price. :)

fountainpenkid
June 22nd, 2014, 10:38 AM
3 Incoming:

A screaming yellow "Poky Pen" medium point from Chinasomeplace

A Levenger True Writer in Red Pearl with Broad nib from FPN classifieds [USA]

A Delta Ivory Passion in Medium nib from FPN classifeds [Italy]

An Orange Stipula Speed in 0.9mm nib from Speerbob [50% off!]

I hopped on Speerbob's offer as well and bought one in red for my sister. I don't know what to expect.

Cob
June 22nd, 2014, 04:03 PM
Another project on the way; something pretty to look forward to: this unidentified model from Macniven and Cameron - bought "for restoration":

regards to all,

Cob

john
June 22nd, 2014, 07:23 PM
Another project on the way; something pretty to look forward to: this unidentified model from Macniven and Cameron - bought "for restoration":

regards to all,

CobGreat color pattern... I like it too.

Sandy Fry
June 22nd, 2014, 09:15 PM
Could not resist ordering another 2 Pilot MR's from Staples...the gold one and the White Tiger...great deal that ends soon.

David

Mags
June 22nd, 2014, 09:50 PM
I am waiting on a NOS Targa from Anderson Pens. I love the Targa pens.

Cob
June 23rd, 2014, 05:59 PM
Well I sold three pens today, all at a considerable loss as usual - not counting the work I put into them, nor the ebay and Paypal fees. There was a very respectable Swan 6260 in good order went for £16.50...

Never mind, more on the way, two more Swans, one another colourful project; seller says is a M2 whatever that is; has a No2 nib anyway, no clip, no lever...:

And the other one I have wanted for a long time, apparently it needs a nib, still what's a nib eh?

Ha ha... (mad):roll:

Regards

Cob

earthdawn
June 23rd, 2014, 06:41 PM
This.... with a cursive italic broad nib, John Mottishaw style :bump2:

http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac10/thevaporcafe/pilot-vp-valley-green-uncapped_zps2ad87164.jpg (http://s880.photobucket.com/user/thevaporcafe/media/pilot-vp-valley-green-uncapped_zps2ad87164.jpg.html)

Takai
June 24th, 2014, 09:34 AM
As of now I am waiting on a Parker Rialto as the upgrade to my Vector, and my first Waterman, an Apostrophe, both with F nibs for journal writing. As well as a couple of pen pouches which should be riding along with them. Unfortunately it is all coming from the Netherlands, which means it shall be a while longer, but one can only hope it will be this week that I receive them.

Ian
June 25th, 2014, 07:28 PM
I'm waiting on a green Pelikan M1000 and a gun metal grey Pilot Vanishing Point. I'm really looking forward to both of them for different reasons. I think the Pelikan will be a letter writing pen for home and the Vanishing Point will go everywhere with me.

Sandy Fry
June 27th, 2014, 08:48 PM
Waiting on a couple of Jinhao 599's....paid a total of $3.79 shipped. I am interested so see just how similar they really are to the Lamy Safari.

David

discopig
June 28th, 2014, 10:57 AM
This.... with a cursive italic broad nib, John Mottishaw style :bump2:

http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac10/thevaporcafe/pilot-vp-valley-green-uncapped_zps2ad87164.jpg (http://s880.photobucket.com/user/thevaporcafe/media/pilot-vp-valley-green-uncapped_zps2ad87164.jpg.html)

I have the exact same VP but with an EF nib, such a sexy pen.

mtnbiker62
July 1st, 2014, 01:11 PM
These two:

tandaina
July 1st, 2014, 01:16 PM
There is a pen in the mail made by a forum member, nib ground by a forum member. Expected delivery tomorrow and I am just about sitting on top of the mailbox waiting....

tarheel1
July 1st, 2014, 01:29 PM
Ordered a pilot 912 with a fa nib. Shipped out this morning.

vikramguliya
July 2nd, 2014, 01:24 AM
Actually I was waiting for a ELEGANCE but I got it delivered yesterday!!

RuiFromUK
July 2nd, 2014, 01:44 AM
Nemosine Singularity Demonstrator 0.8mm stub nib

Alex2014
July 2nd, 2014, 01:57 AM
These two ones (and maybe others soon):

HeresyHammer
July 2nd, 2014, 04:18 AM
According to UPS tracking, my new (new to me) Yard-O-Led Viceroy Barley pen will be delivered on Monday. I've been looking at YOL pens for quite some time and when a pre-2000 one came available, I snatched it up. The main reason, besides the price, was because I like the two-tone nib of the previous style. Today, the nibs are all all 18K gold as well, but fully plated with nickel, I believe. Although, I do prefer the new style sterling silver grip section of today's pens, the price and the two-tone nib won the day. Who knows? After some time with this pen, I may be off to find a Victorian Grand.

(NB: Not the exact pen I purchased: Picture taken from FPN review (http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/210325-yard-o-led-viceroy-standard-barley-old-style/) by Hari317)
His review has wonderful pictures and a great commentary: Check it out.

littletim
July 2nd, 2014, 08:41 AM
Waiting for a Pelikan M800. My most expensive to date and hopefully my last for a long time.

HeresyHammer
July 2nd, 2014, 08:58 AM
Waiting for a Pelikan M800. My most expensive to date and hopefully my last for a long time.

The M800 is on my wish list but there are a couple others that are first in line. I can't remember who said it, but from what I hear, the m800 is for some the "perfect pen." I have a late 80's W. Germany Pelikan 400 and aside from the smaller size, it writes like a dream. Springy nib, decent line variation, and after almost 30 years old, it still sings at times. You made a great choice and I hope you enjoy every writing moment from you new Pelikan m800.

As a recommendation, I always enjoy Diamine Sherwood Green in my Pelikan. Dark enough for business; green enough to be different ;)

Cob
July 2nd, 2014, 02:59 PM
Once again into the breach - I have several on the way, but my tongue is hanging out for this one. I found it in the usual place whilst looking for something else, and was bowled over by its beauty:

Rgds to all,

Cob

Jon Szanto
July 2nd, 2014, 07:25 PM
Like Cob, I have a few on the way, and a few that have landed recently. Once the dust is settled, I'm going to do a photo session and present all my new friends at once. However, just today I happened to see one that I immediately jumped on. Not an absolute beauty but a very interesting pen: this is one of the examples of Sheaffer Wasp pens in a pattern that has been nicknamed "Screaming Souls in Purgatory" (or "Screamers" for short). This variant has been brought to light, both on his forum and in the Pennant magazine, by David Issacson, and you can see a good start on this over on FPB (http://fountainpenboard.com/forum/index.php?/topic/946-sheaffer-wasp-screamer-mania-yeah-really/).

http://fountainpenboard.com/forum/uploads/gallery/album_49/gallery_2679_49_4902.jpg

Bogon07
July 2nd, 2014, 09:19 PM
Waiting on a Bexley.

Like Cob, I have a few on the way, and a few that have landed recently. Once the dust is settled, I'm going to do a photo session and present all my new friends at once. However, just today I happened to see one that I immediately jumped on. Not an absolute beauty but a very interesting pen: this is one of the examples of Sheaffer Wasp pens in a pattern that has been nicknamed "Screaming Souls in Purgatory" (or "Screamers" for short). This variant has been brought to light, both on his forum and in the Pennant magazine, by David Issacson, and you can see a good start on this over on FPB (http://fountainpenboard.com/forum/index.php?/topic/946-sheaffer-wasp-screamer-mania-yeah-really/).

http://fountainpenboard.com/forum/uploads/gallery/album_49/gallery_2679_49_4902.jpg
Jon, thanks for the link. The 'Screamers' look fascinating - the green version akin to the insides of some hellish tropical fruit.

RuiFromUK
July 4th, 2014, 01:09 AM
Let's see if I do not miss any :)

1. Nemosine Singularity
2. A lot of 3 pens: Blackbird, Jackdaw and another hard rubber lever pen
3. Swan 3130

That should be enough for this week, but who knows...

oldstoat
July 5th, 2014, 05:09 PM
A little carmine Sheaffer Balance Junior
I hope it's as sweet to write with as the silver-gray Balance Junior I already have

Cob
July 6th, 2014, 06:12 PM
A Blackbird, allegedly with Parker nib, an ancient eye-dropper and quite a rare bird, a Jewel.
Oh yes and an Ormiston and Glass pen holder from, I suppose, the year Dot!

Rgds,
Cob

Avalona
July 7th, 2014, 12:47 PM
Two Platinum Preppies, one blue, one pink (because I like that pink and once I use up the cartridge, I can easily switch to my peachy-pink highlighter ink). Just as spares for uni. Those will be less painful to lose than my other pens.

Silverbreeze
July 12th, 2014, 02:46 PM
I await my Pendleton Brown Rosetta with BLS :-) might be here Monday :-)

discopig
July 13th, 2014, 12:44 AM
ItaliFine 0.9mm CI/Fine nib unit for Pilot VP.

LagNut
July 13th, 2014, 09:28 AM
A red Duofold, fine nib. For some reason, I'm on a Parker binge.

snedwos
July 13th, 2014, 10:11 AM
Edison Nouveau Summer Edition in Medium. Pulled the trigger after finding out that, due to the Grays' holiday, there is no way he'll be able to make my custom dream pen in time to get it to me before I leave the US (probably for good). I'll also peruse his table at DC, see if anything catches my eye, and get the custom pen at some point in the future.

Thrown in some turquoise samples too.

Bogon07
July 13th, 2014, 05:05 PM
Still waiting on a Bexley & a Delta :lazy2:

Austin_Malone
July 13th, 2014, 05:33 PM
Parker Vacumatic.

Cob
July 13th, 2014, 05:52 PM
I've been reckless again today, so now I am waiting for three very attractive Canadian Waterman's Ideal pens - all without clips but bought for the sort of money that makes the lovely (usually) nibs a good deal. And then yet another very cheap Mabie Todd Blackbird; funnily enough this one has no clip and I suspect that the nib is bent - ha ha ha...

Bonkers.

Cob

HeresyHammer
July 14th, 2014, 01:23 PM
For me, none currently. All pens are present and accounted for. I just received from the mail today my last and final purchase for the time being. A 1920's Parker Jack-Knife that Murfie sold here on FPgeeks. He wan't kidding when he mentioned it was NOS. I looks like I just drove my Tin Lizzy down to the stationary store and picked it up today from the shoppe keep. My wallet needs to rest for a while and prepare itself for the DC Pen Show... only 25 days away.

snedwos
July 14th, 2014, 05:53 PM
Jinhao 3000 Tiger in black. It came up and I almost bought it immediately. Then I stopped myself and googled. Stephen Brown seemed to like his red one, so here it comes.

Cob
July 14th, 2014, 06:08 PM
Missed out on a dream pen today (it's a secret because another one has appeared) but I have to wait...

Meanwhile in addition to the Blackbird and three Waterman's, there's now a black and rather elegant-looking Conway Stewart 85.

Cob

HeresyHammer
July 14th, 2014, 06:12 PM
Jinhao 3000 Tiger in black. It came up and I almost bought it immediately. Then I stopped myself and googled. Stephen Brown seemed to like his red one, so here it comes.

Dr. Brown is a powerful influence. There are several of my pens that were purchased from a second window in my browser while listening to his review. Thank God his powers are for good. I couldn't live in the world if he he turned his powers toward ballpoints and rollerballs.... Must have Parson's Essential.... Must have Delta Dolcevita.... Must have Pelikan M1000........ wait, what? Where am I? Who did I..? I'll be right back.... I gotta... check... on something...

jokeruk
July 17th, 2014, 12:28 PM
Ordered myself a Pilot MR (Metropolitan for those on the other side of the pond) White Tiger today. Along with a converter, bottle of Cult Pens Deep Dark Orange and an A5 Rhodia dot grid pad - hopefully it'll all come tomorrow :)

RuiFromUK
July 17th, 2014, 01:09 PM
A change for at least once, I promise that at this same moment I am not waiting for any pen! :confused:

If my wife hears this she will definitely be surprised. :)

snedwos
July 17th, 2014, 01:15 PM
A change for at least once, I promise that at this same moment I am not waiting for any pen! :confused:

Will she reward you appropriately? ;)

RuiFromUK
July 17th, 2014, 01:28 PM

No. She might turn this into a permanent state of affairs. :cry:

Cob
July 17th, 2014, 01:54 PM

No. She might turn this into a permanent state of affairs. :cry:

Ominous Rui, very ominous. You'd better buy something as soon as possible just in case!

Cob

allanorn
July 19th, 2014, 07:53 PM
Pilot Custom Heritage 91 just cleared customs at LAX... hope to have it early next week.

Aleks
July 20th, 2014, 09:26 PM
Pilot Custom Heritage 91 just cleared customs at LAX... hope to have it early next week.

congrats!!! im sure you'll enjoy it!!! it's pretty sweet writer :D

migo984
July 21st, 2014, 06:27 AM
I'm waiting for one of these. Beyond excited!!!!!

discopig
July 21st, 2014, 06:31 AM

The 91 is on my list as well. I may just buy one soon.

RuiFromUK
July 21st, 2014, 06:32 AM
Hi Migo,

Looking forward to see that pen at the next London meeting.

Kind regards,

Rui

migo984
July 21st, 2014, 07:09 AM
Hi Migo,

Kind regards,

Rui

I won't have it by then :cry: It is coming to me via Australia :thumb:

RuiFromUK
July 21st, 2014, 07:18 AM
Hi Migo,

Kind regards,

Rui

I won't have it by then :cry: It is coming to me via Australia :thumb:

That is OK. We know it is earthbound and should be here in October.

lisantica
July 21st, 2014, 07:40 AM
This custom pen by Shawn Newton (his photos).
http://newtonpens.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/img_1344.jpg
http://newtonpens.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/img_1349.jpg
http://newtonpens.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/img_1347.jpg
http://newtonpens.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/img_1345.jpg

reprieve
July 21st, 2014, 08:24 AM

That's a very pretty demonstrator. What is it?

snedwos
July 21st, 2014, 09:33 AM
This custom pen by Shawn Newton (his photos).
http://newtonpens.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/img_1344.jpg
http://newtonpens.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/img_1349.jpg
http://newtonpens.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/img_1347.jpg
http://newtonpens.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/img_1345.jpg

Sorry to be lewd but these pictures have but me in a very embarrassing situation vis a vis underwear.

tiffanyhenschel
July 22nd, 2014, 07:10 AM
Gorgeous pen, Lisa. I watched Shawn's in progress photos on Facebook and knew it would be a beauty. Congratulations :)

lisantica
July 22nd, 2014, 07:52 AM
snedwos, no doubt it is a beauty.
Tiffany, do you happen to have the link?

migo984
July 22nd, 2014, 07:53 AM

That's a very pretty demonstrator. What is it?

It's a special edition Sailor Pro Gear Realo with a Naginata nib, and navy blue section, piston knob and cap end.

six3oo
July 28th, 2014, 01:12 AM
Waiting on a purple Lamy Al-Star (EF), a Waterman's 52 in BCHR, two unidentified Conway Stewart lever-fillers from the 50s and an even more unidentified Commonwealth lever-filler.

I've been on quite a roll.

ArnieJB
August 3rd, 2014, 06:55 AM
Expecting my newly ordered Lamy 2000 (medium) in tomorrow!

discopig
August 3rd, 2014, 02:59 PM
Waiting on a purple Lamy Al-Star (EF), a Waterman's 52 in BCHR, two unidentified Conway Stewart lever-fillers from the 50s and an even more unidentified Commonwealth lever-filler.

Waterman 52's are usually great pens, I love mine.

RayCornett
August 4th, 2014, 01:56 AM
This week I am expecting an Eversharp Skyline in honey color from Sean Nicholson. I can't wait!

Also just found out I won a PIF for a MonteVerde Artista Crystal in Turquoise.

Jon Szanto
August 4th, 2014, 02:22 AM
Only waiting on one pen, a green Esterbrook Dollar with a 2048 "shaded" fine nib. I've had a goodly number of pens roll in in the last few weeks, but I'm putting everything on hold for now, as I'm going to be on the hunt at the SF Pen Show in about 3 weeks. This could be disastrous.

Well, in a good way.

I will hopefully have time later in the week to make a catch-up post in the "what pen have you gotten thread" with the recent arrivals. Some fun pens...

velo
August 4th, 2014, 03:28 AM
Expecting my newly ordered Lamy 2000 (medium) in tomorrow!

Nice I love mine. Such geekness just from putting the cap back on.

Silverbreeze
August 4th, 2014, 07:12 AM
I placed an order for a Beaumont PN in Black Ice since I can't make it to DC this year

scrivelry
August 4th, 2014, 07:19 AM
A handful of pens off the auction site - nothing too special, except the MOP nib holder, but does include two Sheaffer student pens and two mechanical pencils from the 70's, and very good price on the whole business so I am feeling happy!

scrivelry
August 4th, 2014, 11:05 PM
I should be more embarrassed about posting two in a row, especially since I counted some of my pens tonight... but I seem to be shameless. I am now waiting for a purple Rosetta Napoleon and an Ahab demonstrator from a fellow Geek... Very excited, I have wanted a Napoleon for about six months...

elyk864
August 4th, 2014, 11:41 PM
I'm waiting on "The Bolt G2" from Karas Kustoms, in the aluminum finish.

velo
August 4th, 2014, 11:58 PM
I've been contemplating one for ages. Report back it would be interesting to hear about the weight and balance of it.

elyk864
August 5th, 2014, 07:22 AM
Will do.

Cob
August 5th, 2014, 04:14 PM
Humm,

Still waiting for three old Waterman's pens, plus a Pitman's College pen, a "JIF" from France (a sort of Waterman's I think) two Swans (L445/60 and SM2), and a Wyvern pencil.

I'm a lost cause I fear.

Regards,
Cob

VertOlive
August 5th, 2014, 06:51 PM
A Lamy Vista with 1.1 nib and Z26 converter. I just hate that red part on the Z24 showing through on a demonstrator...

Silverbreeze
August 5th, 2014, 06:53 PM
A Lamy Vista with 1.1 nib and Z26 converter. I just hate that red part on the Z24 showing through on a demonstrator...

Use Baystate blue or something to dye the red

Joking mostly

jadehawk
August 5th, 2014, 09:13 PM
I have a Lamy Safari in "pink" for the wife as she has shown interest in FP after using mine. I figure she will love her own pen..

scrivelry
August 7th, 2014, 01:11 PM
A clutch of vintage pens in purdy celluloids- two look like they might have interesting nibs, the other nibs also look more or less ok from what I can see.

I really have to order some j-bars, long pressure bars for button fillers, and some sacs. I must not buy more pens till I do the simple fixes. I must not buy more pens till I do the simple fixes. I must not buy more pens till I do the simple fixes. I must not...

Bogon07
August 7th, 2014, 05:42 PM
I have a Lamy Safari in "pink" for the wife as she has shown interest in FP after using mine. I figure she will love her own pen..

If she is like Mrs Bogon she will love her own pens but will still love using your ones too.

Kaputnik
August 8th, 2014, 09:52 AM
Nothing new, I really want to put a stop to that for a while. But I just sent out a Parker 51 Vacumatic for some surgery to a well known repairman, and expect to have his estimate next week. He's one of the best, but not necessarily one of the cheapest, funny how that works. :) Anyway, for the same money I could probably get a decent TWSBI, two or three more Esterbrooks, or something else reliable and pretty good. I don't want more pens at the moment, though. Just want to fix a few issues with the ones that I have.

GING GING
August 10th, 2014, 02:10 PM
I ordered the Visconti Pinifarina lastnight with medium nib. I should have it on Tuesday.

GING GING
August 10th, 2014, 06:03 PM

Just googled it. That's a good lookin pen.

Silverbreeze
August 10th, 2014, 06:04 PM
I ordered the Visconti Pinifarina lastnight with medium nib. I should have it on Tuesday.13258

Is it steel, gold or Pd?

GING GING
August 10th, 2014, 08:27 PM
Steel. I think it's called Chromium, but I'm not sure. I also think it's the same nib as on the Opera crystal. That one is called the dream touch nib. Calling a steel nib some fancy name is probably a good way of getting Pen Geeks to part with their money. Notice, I left out the word FOOL.

RuiFromUK
August 11th, 2014, 03:28 AM
Lamy 2000 with a OBB nib

RuiFromUK
August 11th, 2014, 03:33 AM
Is it steel, gold or Pd?

Chromium 18 Smartouch tubular (EF-F-M-B-ST)

Silverbreeze
August 11th, 2014, 06:09 AM
Is it steel, gold or Pd?

Pretty sure that's Visconti for fancy alloy or something like Delta's Fusion

Tracy Lee
August 11th, 2014, 11:23 AM
Is it steel, gold or Pd?

Pretty sure that's Visconti for fancy alloy or something like Delta's Fusion

It is nothing like the Fusion! Fusion is just a steel nib.

GING GING
August 11th, 2014, 11:47 AM
Is it steel, gold or Pd?

Hey RUI. Is this a nice nib?

Fawkes
August 11th, 2014, 11:49 AM
A LAMY Profil 80 with BB nib.

alc3261
August 11th, 2014, 04:56 PM
Chromium 18 is a form of Steel.

lisantica
August 12th, 2014, 06:23 AM
I'm waiting on a 12G Kaweco Sport piston fill. I have the cartridge/converter style and wanted to try the piston fill.
Picture is from sales ad:

GING GING
August 12th, 2014, 07:03 AM
Lisantica, do you have any pics of kaweco sport piston filler, or rather the filling system itself.

GING GING
August 12th, 2014, 07:07 AM

Isn't the z26 supposed to be an upgrade from the 24???

lisantica
August 12th, 2014, 07:17 AM
Lisantica, do you have any pics of kaweco sport piston filler, or rather the filling system itself.

I only have this picture at the moment:

GING GING
August 12th, 2014, 07:21 AM
A LAMY Profil 80 with BB nib.

Is the Profil 80 a vintage pen?

GING GING
August 12th, 2014, 07:24 AM

I only have this picture at the moment:

Wow, how cool is that. So, are they fixin to release a piston filler sport. I gotta get one, or 3.

Fawkes
August 12th, 2014, 10:06 PM
It was made from 1974 to 1985 so I don't think its considered vintage, maybe just old. But I think its beautiful in its simplicity and stark lines. Here's a pic from the seller, I'll add my own when I get it.

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTA2NlgxNjAw/z/f3gAAOSwGvhT5rBc/$_57.JPG?rt=nc

jadehawk
August 13th, 2014, 07:04 AM
It was made from 1974 to 1985 so I don't think its considered vintage, maybe just old. But I think its beautiful in its simplicity and stark lines. Here's a pic from the seller, I'll add my own when I get it.

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTA2NlgxNjAw/z/f3gAAOSwGvhT5rBc/$_57.JPG?rt=nc
What kind of Lamy is that?

jadehawk
August 13th, 2014, 07:18 AM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/08/13/f6a9c1405a9222b8697a589cb29f7c81.jpg

Finally broke down and bought it this morning.. Pilot Metal Falcon in Burgundy with Extra Fine Nib (stock picture will add mine once I get it) with Amazon gift card (signing up to the credit card) and sellers discount.. I got this puppy for $149.99 [emoji7]

GING GING
August 13th, 2014, 10:51 AM
The metal falcon in burgundy looks good. Does it feel alittle heavier than the plastic falcon?

Silverbreeze
August 13th, 2014, 10:52 AM
The metal falcon in burgundy looks good. Does it feel alittle heavier than the plastic falcon?

It is noticeable but not too bad. Well worth the ability to use a Con-70 to me

Fawkes
August 13th, 2014, 11:09 AM

What kind of Lamy is that?

Its an old LAMY designed by their own staff and it seems to be the spiritual successor to their 27/30n models, and it also draws some similarities to the 2000. It has a redesigned 2000 clip, uses basically the same piston unit as the 2000 and makes use of Makrolon for the material, albeit in a plain finish versus the 2000's grained finish. The feed is engineered similarly to the 2000's in that it is a shell for a huge ink collector. It combines to the technical advantages of a hooded, but with the beautiful appearance of a huge open nib.

I hope that helps.

I should have it in a few days and I can do a review on it if there is enough interest.

elyk864
August 13th, 2014, 02:35 PM

Just googled it. That's a good lookin pen.
Well I just got the pen and love it. I will have a review written up soon when I get back to my computer

Quantum Sailor
August 14th, 2014, 12:32 AM
I'm waiting on a black Esterbrook that looks good but apparently doesn't work and a Salz Bros (?) eyedropper that again is supposed to look good but apparently doesn't work. I decided I want to see if I can learn how to do some restoration. I've rebuild cars and used to be a motorcycle mechanic so I figure that pens can't be impossible for me lol......

I somehow have a little voice saying famous last words after that last bit.

six3oo
August 14th, 2014, 12:59 AM
http://i.imgur.com/7UKfUUG.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/vP77BOC.jpg
Waiting on this RMHR ringtop Waterman's. No idea what it is, actually; I'm guessing 52v. (ID anyone? :D)

six3oo
August 14th, 2014, 02:22 AM

Waterman 52's are usually great pens, I love mine.

It's arrived and I've been playing around with it with some Iroshizuku shin-kai, and I am absolutely IN LOVE. The nib does need some tuning, but the feed and flex just blow me away.

orfew
August 14th, 2014, 10:19 AM
Waiting for a Danish made Montblanc 214.

Aleks
August 14th, 2014, 10:34 AM
http://wancher.ocnk.biz/data/wancher/product/20121108_3be6ad.jpg

in the infamous words of Britney Spears: "ooops, i did it again!" ;D

Silverbreeze
August 14th, 2014, 10:36 AM

At first I thought that was the platinum nice

Aleks
August 14th, 2014, 11:57 AM
http://wancher.ocnk.biz/data/wancher/product/20121108_3be6ad.jpghttp://scontent-b.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xfp1/t51.2885-15/10546963_336835669802476_789371217_n.jpg

At first I thought that was the platinum nice

they do look quite similar :p

jadehawk
August 14th, 2014, 06:08 PM

Nice. Congrats..

Brisboy
August 14th, 2014, 08:49 PM
Just win myself a Parker 25. :)

farmdogfan
August 14th, 2014, 11:54 PM
Waiting for a Danish made Montblanc 214.

What colour will you be getting?
Looking forwards to pics.

Regards Per.

orfew
August 15th, 2014, 08:23 AM
I already have the Coral Red version of the 214, so this one is the black version. I will post pics of both together when i get the black one in hand.

Fawkes
August 15th, 2014, 10:16 AM
Also now waiting on a black Parker Vacumatic Standard from 1946.

GING GING
August 17th, 2014, 05:46 PM
Namiki falcon 11 in burgandy

RayCornett
August 19th, 2014, 08:45 PM
I believe I mentioned it but I won a PIF for a MonteVerde Artista Crystal demonstrator in turquoise. It had the wrong converter but MV is sending the correct one. Oddly enough the customer service rep and I are distant cousins :)

Also on the way are 5 Parker 45's with F and EF nibs from someone clearing out their collection of pens they do not use and they seriously dislike EF/F nibs.

Then,,,,I also had to spend $5 on Jinhao 500 in Elegant coffee. I am a coffee freak and it's a really good looking pen!

And last I am polishing a couple pens for someone in exchange for an awesome third tier Victapen pen and pencil set which I fell in love with as soon as I saw it.

So by tomorrow I should have 6 new to me pens for my collection. Once the Jinhao arrives that should take me to the 40 pen mark. Not bad considering I only started around December.

stonerman33
August 19th, 2014, 09:41 PM
Got my tracking number today for the burgundy pilot metal falcon SF. In the week I waited for the retailer to get it back in stock, I tacked on a Lamy vista EF for a beater pen at work.

fountainpenkid
August 20th, 2014, 09:12 AM
Paker Vacumatic Pencil (1st Gen twist model) in brown! It is my first nice pencil so I'm excited!

sharmon202
August 20th, 2014, 03:22 PM
Two Edison LE group buy pens,one of each. One EF, one 1.1 mm. 3 months or more............oh my

Silverbreeze
August 20th, 2014, 03:44 PM
Two Edison LE group buy pens,one of each. One EF, one 1.1 mm. 3 months or more............oh my

Good luck

scrivelry
August 21st, 2014, 11:54 AM
I'm waiting for two Jinhaos with Goulet nibs, one old seriously sad looking gold fill no name splendor and.... almost my Grail oen... an old Sheaffer in gold with engraved flowers, etc!!!

It does have some issues - needs a lever and obviously if it needs a lever there is probably a missing pressure bar of whatever sort and a petrified or absent sac, but so long as I manage to get the little darling apart, I should be able to fix those issues. It has a pin on the side of the cap as well as the ring for a lace to wear around the neck - I have no idea why the pin, I have never seen one before and am already trying to figure out the best thing to put on the pointy end so it does not end up stabbing moi-self, and I wonder if it was an after-market modification for a woman who did not like things hanging around her neck but wanted her pen handy. Has anyone else ever seen a pen with a pin on the cap???

Bogon07
August 21st, 2014, 05:14 PM
Delta Serena red pearl tricolour & a Visconti something or other.
So much for a no pen August. :alcoholic:

snedwos
August 21st, 2014, 10:30 PM

You mean there's one you don't already have?

Jody
August 22nd, 2014, 08:27 AM
Ordered and on the way (Monday Deliveries)

Xezo Maestro Fountain Pen Handcrafted from New Zealand Natural Sea Shell. Limited-edition of 500 Numbered.
(I already have the Mother of Pearl one .. and I LOVE IT!)

Also a Kaweco Sport AL (raw (sliver) color)

Cob
August 22nd, 2014, 11:48 AM
Two Swans - a SM2 and a L330/64 and yet another Parker Duofold - I shall then have five of them - and I ask myself "why?" Actually I am rather keen on one of them - it has a delightful nib very much to my taste, stubbish and flexible.

Still I console myself with the thought that I do sell pens too!

Cob

Jody
August 26th, 2014, 06:37 AM
Ordered and on the way for a Wednesday delivery .. Pilot Vanishing Point in Valley Green with the BLACK EF nib.

GING GING
September 1st, 2014, 06:10 PM
This is an odd couple. I'm waiting on a Sailor 1911 and a schrade tactical fountain pen

Fawkes
September 1st, 2014, 06:18 PM
Tomorrow arrives my Montblanc 234 1/2 platinschwarz set. Also coming back from nibwork are my Pelikan 400 export model with an OBB and XXF nib, as well as my Montblanc Heritage 1912 with OBB nib. I'm super excited!

Bogon07
September 1st, 2014, 07:49 PM

You mean there's one you don't already have?

They were both delivered on Friday, a few day before your letter.
The Visconti is the same size as an old VanGogh Mini with green & white stripe acrylic/resin.

There are plenty of Visconti & Deltas I don't have ....yet.

Jon Szanto
September 1st, 2014, 08:16 PM
My friend/punk/enabler Fredric posted about a deal on the Levenger L-Tech Plus (Fountain Pen with Stylus). Normally $89, was on sale for $48.95, today (Labor Day) an additional savings at checkout brings it down to $37.10 (before shipping). If it feels nice, looks like a perfect EDC in my bag with a recent Parker Jotter in SS. Check here (http://www.levenger.com/Pens---Refills-8/Shop-By-Brand-34/Levenger-275/L-Tech-Plus-Fountain-Pen-with-Stylus-12642.aspx) if interested in the deal.

http://www.levimage.com/image/web/product/pen_ink/pens/ap12490_csw.jpg

Llewellyn
September 2nd, 2014, 07:45 AM
I've bought a Fiorenza in a cracked ice pattern to replace one of my Rembrandts that used to be a work pen and has now been promoted to journal duty. It looks like an interesting pattern but I can't find much about the brand anywhere, so it'll be interesting to see how it performs.

Bogon07
September 2nd, 2014, 04:05 PM
I've bought a Fiorenza in a cracked ice pattern to replace one of my Rembrandts that used to be a work pen and has now been promoted to journal duty. It looks like an interesting pattern but I can't find much about the brand anywhere, so it'll be interesting to see how it performs.

I bought a Bordeaux version a while ago from Rozmenko and have been very happy with it.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fiorenza-Lux-bordeaux-fountain-pen-MIB-/221533544775?pt=AU_PensWritingItems&hash=item33946da147
The Medium - Iridium Point Steel is quite smooth and nice to write with, while the pen itself is comfortable although smaller than the Rembrandt. The positioning of the threads at the front rather than the back of the grip is interesting but doesn't interfere with writing or feel funny. The only thing I don't like is the cheap looking "F" engraved on the chrome disc on the top of the cap. The resin doesn't quite have the same luster or depth of the higher end Visconti but is a bargain for well under $100AUD.

Llewellyn
September 2nd, 2014, 04:15 PM
Thanks Bogon, I thought that for $70 including shipping it was hard to go wrong. Does it take the same cartridge as a Visconti?

Bogon07
September 2nd, 2014, 05:28 PM
Thanks Bogon, I thought that for $70 including shipping it was hard to go wrong. Does it take the same cartridge as a Visconti?
I've seen them for $140-170 US so it is great value.
I think it takes a standard international push in converter. Mine came with one & I have not tried it with cartridges yet.
Some Visconti use screw in converters; I wonder if a cartridge would leak a little in one ?

tinysnail
September 3rd, 2014, 08:20 PM
Oh god, too many...
1. A yet-to-be-identified 60s/70s Waterman
2. Noodler's Konrad (acrylic) in Himalayan Ruby
3. Noodler's Ahab in Apache Tortoise
4. Noodler's Konrad in Red State

and (drumroll)

5. Pelikan M400 White Tortoise

If this weren't the first week of grad school and I didn't have, you know, responsibilities or whatever, I'd spend all day on the front step, waiting for that delivery man.

da vinci
September 4th, 2014, 01:18 AM
Went a bit mad over at Couronne du Comte and ordered a montblanc 90th anniversary solitaire special edition Classique with BB nib...!

Mags
September 10th, 2014, 05:21 AM
Da Vinci the double broad will be a wonderful pen. I am waiting to swap a B for a BB on a Rose gold 149 90th anniversary which was a gift from my wife. I have been using the broad and it's almost perfect. But BB super juicy.

tinysnail
September 10th, 2014, 12:54 PM
I have a Pelikan M400 White Tortoise I have been waiting for in the mail since August 29th. No updates on stamp.com since the 30th, either. Shipping from the states to here is never FAST, but it's never this slow :(

da vinci
September 10th, 2014, 03:26 PM
Da Vinci the double broad will be a wonderful pen. I am waiting to swap a B for a BB on a Rose gold 149 90th anniversary which was a gift from my wife. I have been using the broad and it's almost perfect. But BB super juicy.

Thanks :) i have a BB in an average 149. You will not be disappointed!

Bogon07
September 10th, 2014, 04:40 PM
Another Visconti whatelse.

Tracy Lee
September 11th, 2014, 05:08 AM
Another Visconti whatelse.

I'm waiting for Bogon07's new Visconti. ;-)

gwgtaylor
September 11th, 2014, 06:26 AM
Waiting on a custom Newton with a factory needlepoint MKII Duofold a Centennial nib. Gonna be so pretty!! Also waiting for a medium silver meridians waterman Carène with a medium nib. :-)

johnus
September 11th, 2014, 07:45 AM
Thought I'd see what the nib was like....13945

gclyn
September 12th, 2014, 09:55 PM
I have a Delta Dolce Vita Piston on route right now. Cannot wait to try it. I ordered it with a Fine nib.

johnus
September 13th, 2014, 09:35 AM
Waiting to see if the Purple is really Purple!!
Can't help myself with these pens!!

Received. Yes, it is Purple.

Quantum Sailor
September 14th, 2014, 10:13 AM
I accomplished something I was working on for a few years so I got a hold of an Onoto 6233 in blue marble to reward myself.

Faustine
September 15th, 2014, 09:31 AM
My friend/punk/enabler Fredric posted about a deal on the Levenger L-Tech Plus (Fountain Pen with Stylus).....

The Levenger L-Tech is a fabulous pen! My husband has the black one, and its so worn-in now, the edges have rubbed off a little, revealing the brass underneath, so it has a wonderful aged look to it now. It has a nice heft and feel to it, and writes butter smooth. So I'm a fan. :)

Faustine
September 15th, 2014, 09:43 AM
I am getting my first Lamy Studio today, and am so excited to branch out from the Lamy Safari/Al-Star line. It was an Ebay find, and should be waiting for me when I get home, WOOT! :dance3:

It's the Royal Red (no longer available) with a gold nib, which I've never used before, so am anxious to compare to the steel nibs I know. And I'm hoping what I've been reading online is true - that its less a true red and more a copper red-orange, which I would love.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-OyigPpJJQHM/T_8jd7-T5fI/AAAAAAAAA5o/L1-e6rIAy_g/s1600/LA-Studio-Red-5.jpg

VertOlive
September 15th, 2014, 08:16 PM
Apple green Safari, 1.5 stub nib. I have just the ink waiting for it!

velo
September 16th, 2014, 05:57 AM
Much too long since I bought a pen so a TWSBI Micarta is hopefully on its way.

Newjelan
September 18th, 2014, 03:51 AM
I was waiting and then my Pilot Elite 95S arrived at my office yesterday courtesy of Cult Pens. I collected it this afternoon, inked with Diamine Graphite (arrived in the same parcel) and I'm swooning with delight. Beautiful pen, stunning nib (I've become a Pilot junkie), but I'm not enamoured with the "squeeze" converter. The ink is lovely too.

Silverbreeze
September 18th, 2014, 04:40 AM
I don't like the Con 20 style of convertor. End up using a syringe

Touchstone68
September 18th, 2014, 09:08 AM
Hi All,

After placing an order this morning, I'm looking forward to receipt of what is quite possibly the last Conway Stewart 'Churchill' in the country. Ideally, my preference would have been the bracket brown but Hobson's Choice has dictated that I go for the bracket green. I have however managed to have it fitted with the old style gold nib. The only alternative was the First World War Poppy edition which I'm not keen on. It should be delivered tomorrow.

Kind reagrds,

Tim

VertOlive
September 18th, 2014, 10:21 AM
2010 Lamy Al-Star Coffee Brown 1.9 nib. Yum!

Newjelan
September 19th, 2014, 03:12 AM
I don't like the Con 20 style of convertor. End up using a syringe

I could do that but I really hate cleaning out the cartridge. I'm impatient and clumsy so I may end up using it as a cartridge pen but that doesn't appeal too much either. However, I adore the pen so I'm determined to find a workable solution.

GING GING
September 21st, 2014, 10:19 PM
This is an odd couple. I'm waiting on a Sailor 1911 and a schrade tactical fountain pen

Got the schrade. The sailor 1911 is on back order. Maybe next week

cwent2
September 22nd, 2014, 09:44 AM
Anderson Pen Photo

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3899/15135274279_93ae67cc11_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/p4seJP)UNICA-RED-LE-FP-F-8 (https://flic.kr/p/p4seJP) by cwent2 (https://www.flickr.com/people/99367074@N04/), on Flickr

Ordered a Delta Unica Red Le from Anderson pens

chojo
September 22nd, 2014, 12:12 PM
I have a blue-green Al star with a 1.1 nib hopefully arriving tomorrow. (With some green ink too)

Bogon07
September 22nd, 2014, 07:30 PM
Anderson Pen Photo

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3899/15135274279_93ae67cc11_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/p4seJP)UNICA-RED-LE-FP-F-8 (https://flic.kr/p/p4seJP) by cwent2 (https://www.flickr.com/people/99367074@N04/), on Flickr

Ordered a Delta Unica Red Le from Anderson pens

Congratulations, the LE acrylic looks scrumptious. What grade nib did you choose ?
I think it has the same type of steel nib as my Serena which writes very nicely.
The roller on the clip is fascinating too.

Chojo - also congratulations on the blue-green Al-Star. In some light conditions it will look more green-blue so you can trick people into thinking you have two slightly different pens.

Waiting on a TWSBI Classic Mini Stub for Mrs Bogon + some FieldNotes.

cwent2
September 22nd, 2014, 07:51 PM
Bogon07

Thanks

Medium Nib

Cw

Crazyorange
September 22nd, 2014, 08:33 PM
Bogon07

Thanks

Medium Nib

Cw

Please post a pic when you get it. That red looks yummy.

Curtisvan
September 22nd, 2014, 09:21 PM
Waiting for an Esterbrook I purchased from Mr Krantz. Haven't had an estie before so I'm excited.

00Photo
September 22nd, 2014, 10:27 PM
Mabie Todd Swan with a #6 semi flex nib is inbound.

http://00photo.com/codename/mbs.jpg

Jon Szanto
September 22nd, 2014, 10:50 PM
Mabie Todd Swan with a #6 semi flex nib is inbound.

http://00photo.com/codename/mbs.jpg

Hector, I like you a lot, so I'm hoping all goes well with this particular seller...

00Photo
September 23rd, 2014, 07:20 PM
you and me both. As long as the pen arrives looking like the photos I'll be happy. I've purchased "fully restored" pens from ebay before and then subsequently had to fully restore them LOL. I am assuming The insides are junk and I'll have some work to do.

Kelley
September 24th, 2014, 09:39 PM
Bellissima!!!!

scrivelry
September 25th, 2014, 06:09 PM
I've had 8 pens come in today - well, one batch with one pen I wanted and two also-rans, and one with four pens I got for parts, and a Wearever for which I paid only 2.25 and that's a good thing because it was cracked in several places, and not little cracks either, but what is driving me crazy are the two Wing Sung 590's I am waiting for - it took them from the 18th to the 21st to get to my city from China - a distance in excess of 7 thousand miles. (I looked it up.)

It has been less than five miles from me, at the Post Office (not customs) since early in the morning on the 22nd! Four days to go 7,000 miles and then can't go five miles in the next four days...

*sigh* this has happened before. I should not let it bother me. It just - boggles my mind...

I am also waiting for a Sears Fountain pen. It has a particularly ugly cap, and I have no particularly bright expectations of it - I just had to buy it because - Fountain pen. Sears. Just too funny.

Now if it were a tactical fountain pen under the Craftsman label...

Oh, and Lalex which just seduced me with her beauty and her allegedly "fine" nib...

I refuse to look at my paypal account and add up everything I've spent on fountain pens the last year... It is just safer for my sanity this way...

cwent2
September 25th, 2014, 11:19 PM
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3904/15357039185_11542164ca.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/pp3QHF)ConklinCrescentBlackChasedMain (https://flic.kr/p/pp3QHF) by cwent2 (https://www.flickr.com/people/99367074@N04/), on Flickr

A unforeseen opportunity allowed me to order the above pen

scrivelry
September 26th, 2014, 05:58 AM
My pens, which I mention above as being five mikles from me?

They are in Omaha, Nebraska. Which is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa more than five miles from me, and from the place five miles away that they were already.

Is there some unwritten rule that if a pen travels 7,000 miles to get to this country it has to travel another 7,000 miles around the country before it is delivered? Because it looks like that's what they are going for....

reprieve
September 28th, 2014, 11:41 AM
A green Parker Vacumatic from Peyton Street Pens. I've been keeping my eyes peeled for a nice-but-not-too-nice Vac that would make a good daily user and when I came across this one, in my favorite color, I just couldn't resist.

(photos by Peyton Street Pens (http://www.peytonstreetpens.com))
http://www.peytonstreet.com/pens/parker/vac44_major_green_5.jpg
http://www.peytonstreet.com/pens/parker/vac44_major_green_1.jpg

Bogon07
October 8th, 2014, 09:41 PM
Nice Vac. Love the colour, we have a poorly one from Mrs Bogon's father.

Waiting on yet another Delta - a Capri Marina Grande (14K-M)....... now delivered -great pen :angel:

And also a $12 Chinese pen.

Now a Pelikan M400 white tortoise........ delivery issues continue :roll:

GING GING
October 18th, 2014, 06:35 PM
A 1948 Parker 51. I bought it from Sean Nicholson. Burgundy with gold cap

Wrathen
October 20th, 2014, 10:00 AM
My Pilot Vanishing Point in Matte Black (ef) Binderized comes in today ... I keep hitting refreash on USPSs tracking site

john
October 22nd, 2014, 09:26 PM
The Opal Starlight from our member Jonathon. Hope can have it on next week.
http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n496/Brooks803/DSC04902567x700_zpsdc94e294.jpg (http://s1136.photobucket.com/user/Brooks803/media/DSC04902567x700_zpsdc94e294.jpg.html)

ainterne
October 22nd, 2014, 10:07 PM
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3904/15357039185_11542164ca.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/pp3QHF)ConklinCrescentBlackChasedMain (https://flic.kr/p/pp3QHF) by cwent2 (https://www.flickr.com/people/99367074@N04/), on Flickr

A unforeseen opportunity allowed me to order the above pen

Very very nice... It's such a smart pen... congrats.... Phil.

Bogon07
October 22nd, 2014, 10:32 PM
http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n496/Brooks803/DSC04902567x700_zpsdc94e294.jpg (http://s1136.photobucket.com/user/Brooks803/media/DSC04902567x700_zpsdc94e294.jpg.html)
John, That is one handsome pen. Congratulations.

Now waiting on a Pilot Kakuno (M)

john
October 22nd, 2014, 11:23 PM
John, That is one handsome pen. Congratulations.

Now waiting on a Pilot Kakuno (M)
Thanks Ken, this is the last pen of this year:p I've tried the Pilot Kakuno a few months ago but I like the Metropolitan more.

tandaina
October 23rd, 2014, 12:18 AM

I've got the same material. Mine is quite a bit chunkier though in girth. The material is lovely, sort of a poor gal's raden. ;)

john
October 23rd, 2014, 04:23 AM

I've got the same material. Mine is quite a bit chunkier though in girth. The material is lovely, sort of a poor gal's raden. ;)I know you have the starlight:) I ask Jonathon to tune the pen with the dimension of MB146.

tandaina
October 23rd, 2014, 09:26 AM
Ooo, I love my 146. That would be lovely!

john
October 23rd, 2014, 09:33 AM
Ooo, I love my 146. That would be lovely!I like my 146 very much, I carry it everyday.

discopig
October 25th, 2014, 10:08 PM
Wahl "2" gold-filled ringtop with a nice flexible nib.

Avalona
October 27th, 2014, 04:49 PM
A magenta (or is it pink? I don't know) Sheaffer No Nonsense, F nib, from Peyton Street Pens. I've been looking for a second one for aaaaages.

RonLyke
October 27th, 2014, 04:57 PM
Red Esterbrook J. also, my Doric being restored by Wahlnut.

Bold2013
October 27th, 2014, 05:53 PM
My first vintage pen a parker 51 vac from Rick Krantz!

ArnieJB
October 30th, 2014, 03:07 PM
Pilot Custom 74 (M) in Smoke due in tomorrow!

velo
October 30th, 2014, 10:16 PM
Pilot Custom 74 (M) in Smoke due in tomorrow!

I like the look of those.

elderberry
November 2nd, 2014, 12:41 AM
I'm still waiting patiently for my Nakaya from Iguana Sell. It's going to be a portable cigar in unpolished shu with a plain gold broad nib. I'll probably have the nib reground at some point. I'm really looking forward to seeing the matte urushi in the "flesh".

Also I've ordered a Pelikan maki-e. None of these unique models of course but a rather limited edition from last year, the Fantasia. It was love at first sight.

Besides I'm waiting for my Omas Ogiva Vintage to come back from Italy after the rose gold plating on the nib had partially disappeared during cleaning (with clear cold water, mind you). The good news: thanks to Novelli the matter was settled in only a few days. Maybe the new nib will even write better than the old one which skipped a little.

GiGi
November 2nd, 2014, 07:13 AM
I have a custom pen being made by MikeL at Great Smokey Mountain pens.

Bogon07
November 2nd, 2014, 03:53 PM
Lamy Scala Ti (1.1 italic)

tandaina
November 2nd, 2014, 03:54 PM
Last night I saw a Platinum Koi on Ebay, I love them, always wanted one. I put in a bid on it a couple hours out and figured for sure overnight I'd get outbid. I didn't! So now the waiting begins for it so ship. I'm a little afraid the nib is going to be much too fine for my taste, anyone know how hard it is to swap those Platinum nibs and where I might be a bigger replacement. (I believe it is a fine, so western EF, where I don't like anything under Western M really.)

Bogon07
November 2nd, 2014, 04:13 PM
Tandaina, congratulations on your Platinum Koi win.

By association they convey a sense of calm and tranquility - maybe I need to get one.
http://www.nibs.com/www/WEBSITE%20PICS/Platinum/platinum-celluloid-koi-uncapped.jpg

The box in this example on the other hand is a bit too busy could be there is too much red.
http://www.japanese-fountainpen.com/itempictures/platinum/platinumkingyo/005.jpg

tandaina
November 2nd, 2014, 05:21 PM
Yes that box is impressive but *very* busy! ;)

LagNut
November 3rd, 2014, 02:13 PM
I noted that sbre brown was unable to remove the feed on a 3776. This was the music nib review from dec 10, 2011.

Hopefully someone knows the trick. I do enjoy mine, but I love fine. I'd think there has to be a way.

Good luck!

LagNut
November 3rd, 2014, 02:24 PM
OK, he was able to get it off in a "Disassembly Line" video from 2013. I'm assuming the pen guts are similar to a 3776, but that might be an unwarranted assumption.

Again, good luck

Mike

Bogon07
November 10th, 2014, 08:35 PM

And now also a Visconti Opera.

Inner Prop
November 11th, 2014, 07:10 AM
Blue Dilli from Fountain Pen Revolution

And

A mystery pen my wife ordered for me.

SawtoothJL
November 12th, 2014, 03:31 AM
A platinum 3776 ef nib from pen chalet with some namiki blue!

reprieve
November 12th, 2014, 06:47 AM

Let us know what you think about the Scala. It's one I've been curious about but have seen very little user feedback. I can't quite tell how large or small it is from the photos I've seen.

Bogon07
November 12th, 2014, 02:38 PM

Let us know what you think about the Scala. It's one I've been curious about but have seen very little user feedback. I can't quite tell how large or small it is from the photos I've seen.
I'm hoping it will turn up soon - usually the UK post is quicker than this.....now hanging about the Chullora mail centre & the Visconti landed early this morning.

You don't hear much about them do you. Here is a review from Pencilcase.
http://www.pencilcaseblog.com/2014/08/lamy-scala.html

The Scala dimensions (141mm long 11.9mm diameter 38g)are very similar to the Studio (140mm long 11mm diameter 38g) according to a site.

Jon Szanto
November 12th, 2014, 05:51 PM
Haven't post here in a while, but this was too cute to not: I was doing one of those "ok, that pen didn't interest me, I wonder what else they have for sale" when I ran across this 3rd tier fp+pencil set. No name anywhere at all, but in the other pics (hosted by Auctiva, couldn't snag them) all the hardware looks really clean and bright, even the 14k warranted nib looks good. Hardly cost anything, but I'm betting the celluloid will be handsome in person, and it certainly doesn't look like many other pens!

Inner Prop
November 13th, 2014, 06:07 AM
Got my mystery pen from my wife last night:

Kaweco AL Sport in raw aluminum

It's so pretty and shiny I'm afraid to scratch it.

It came with a single cartridge of some light violet ink.

It writes very well, but I'm not sure yet if I like M or F nibs better.

earthdawn
November 13th, 2014, 07:12 AM
Waiting a Karas Kustoms INK.. Red with copper section. It's being shipped direct to Mr. Dan the Man for an Architects point grind ...

Boo ya !!!

Can't wait

pentorch
November 13th, 2014, 09:04 PM
I'm waiting for a Sailor King of Pen in Ebonite with the naginata togi nib. I actually initially thought it would be only a 9-10 day wait as stated in the email after I had paid. I just contacted the dealer after waiting almost 2 weeks (not going to call anyone out at this time), and I just found out that the order was placed and the estimated delivery time was in a few months. I can't say I'm hugely surprised by this turn of events, but I won't deny that I am a bit disappointed at the turn-around time.

Thankfully I just got my hands on a red-stripe M800. It makes the situation sting less I guess :cry:

carlc
November 14th, 2014, 02:12 PM
Burgundy 1948 duofold AF with the less common brass coloured button and a medium Newhaven nib. Postie tried to deliver yesterday but no one was in so it's waiting for me at the local sorting office.

tandaina
November 14th, 2014, 02:43 PM
Totally surprising to me, but the only pen I've used this week, the *only one* is my new Koi with its Japanese Fine nib. I'm actually enjoying it, can fit a ton more on a page in my Hobonichi.

And now I'm waiting on a Champagne Pink Vanishing Point... *taps fingers*

elderberry
November 16th, 2014, 12:16 AM
This one from Regina Martini:

http://www.martiniauctions.com/images/item_images/gallery/18209_2.jpg

It's an Ogiva in the autumno color. It should match the saft green one which just returned from Italy with a new nib (rose gold plating was flaking off).

GING GING
November 16th, 2014, 10:56 AM
I'm waiting on the Porsche "SOLID" 3135" it's pure titanium, with an 18 kt medium nib. It doesn't have a cap. It's kinda like the Pilot MYU 90. It comes with an Aluminum carrying case.

carlc
November 16th, 2014, 11:38 AM
Having sold pens to fund a new pair of headphones and a Parker AF I wanted I've now gone and splurged the money for the headphones on a Carene with a medium nib ground to a stub from FPN.

I believe that having plans disordered by 'needs' is a sure sign of an addiction!

It's only taken 6 years to realise that I am truly an addict!

vips.fp
November 17th, 2014, 01:04 AM
Sailor 1911.

Laura N
November 20th, 2014, 01:06 PM
Fingers crossed, I should pick up The World's Best Pen tomorrow.

But I don't want to jinx it by saying anything more. :)

gbryal
November 20th, 2014, 02:53 PM
Guider Raja in yellow celluloid from Fountain Pen Revolution.

Jon Szanto
November 20th, 2014, 04:50 PM
Well, I bought this pen a couple months back during an outrageous sale, and only inked it once (to make sure the internals were all good). I bought it in a broad nib so I could send it to our FPG Overlord, Dan, to do some magic. And now, in just a couple of days, he has put a very nice looking "Architect's Grind" on the nib, and my Levenger L-Tec is on it's way back to me. Can't wait, Dan!!

Laura N
November 20th, 2014, 07:40 PM
^ Whoa, when I ground my first nib, I did that by accident. I didn't know it had a name, and was, like, sought after. :)

VertOlive
November 20th, 2014, 09:34 PM
Got my mystery pen from my wife last night:

Kaweco AL Sport in raw aluminum

It's so pretty and shiny I'm afraid to scratch it.

It came with a single cartridge of some light violet ink.

It writes very well, but I'm not sure yet if I like M or F nibs better.

I also acquired this pen a few weeks ago. Elegant, capable little trooper of a pen. Perfect w / my bullet journal

Sandy Fry
November 21st, 2014, 04:42 PM
The all black Faber Castell E-Motion.

David

Dreck
November 22nd, 2014, 04:04 PM
Got the little princess a Nib Creaper (just the right size for her delicate hands) for either a late Birthday or early Christmas present (haven't decided which).
I bought my first lever-fill today; an Esterbrook J in black. I'm excited to have a "Tom & Jerry" pen!

ainterne
November 23rd, 2014, 05:45 PM
Waiting on this Waterman 52.... but looking forward to the Strawberry Diamine coming with it.

Inner Prop
November 26th, 2014, 10:07 PM
Got a blue Dilli from Fountain Pen Revolution. It came with a second throw-in pen.

I loaded the Dilli with Noodler's Baystate Blue. That's a nice color and it started writing straight away. It's feathering a bit more than any previous inks have on my Piccadilly.

pajhurley
November 27th, 2014, 08:20 AM
Visconti Homo Sapiens Florentine Hills from Anderson Pens is on order.
Happy Holidays to me.

Tracy Lee
November 27th, 2014, 06:44 PM
Visconti Homo Sapiens Florentine Hills from Anderson Pens is on order.
Happy Holidays to me.
You are gonna love it!!! :-)

Esleep
November 28th, 2014, 02:43 PM
Lamy Safari in neon yellow and medium Lamy nib (needed due to unfortunate failed nib smoothing incident) ...

cwent2
November 30th, 2014, 01:32 PM
http://www.penchalet.com/images/products/enlarge/10946-CrackedIce-zoom.jpg

Conklin Duragraph Cracked Ice Medium nib
pen chalet photo

GING GING
December 2nd, 2014, 06:27 PM
I'm waiting on another visconti Pininfarina. I'll post pics the day after tomorrow.

GING GING
December 2nd, 2014, 06:29 PM
Also, the Porsche 3135, but I can't open it until Christmas.

discopig
December 5th, 2014, 09:12 PM
Wahl "0" gold-filled ringtop pen.

Wrathen
December 9th, 2014, 07:53 AM
I'm waiting on a Pilot Custom 74 (f) to be shipped over to the states from a forum member in Australia ... I cant wait!

GING GING
December 10th, 2014, 12:13 PM
I'm waiting on another visconti Pininfarina. I'll post pics the day after tomorrow.

The wait is over!15191

VertOlive
December 10th, 2014, 02:07 PM

The wait is over!15191

Wait, are you allowed to open that yet?!

GING GING
December 10th, 2014, 02:08 PM

The wait is over!15191

Wait, are you allowed to open that yet?!

Yeah, I just have to wait on the 3135

VertOlive
December 14th, 2014, 12:53 PM
They say "Orange is the new Black"...

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f261/sparrowe/Oro.jpg (http://s49.photobucket.com/user/sparrowe/media/Oro.jpg.html)

Put in a lowball bid on eBay and snagged a great price. This is to keep my Black and Orange Dolce Vita company!

Details: Cartridge/Convertor, Broad Fusion nib

Laznasty
December 14th, 2014, 04:11 PM
Picked up an Omas Vintage 360 Turquoise on ebay. #12/360:dance3:

Bogon07
December 14th, 2014, 04:32 PM
Congrats V.O. on an all orange Delta Dolcevita. CC or piston ?
Laznasty, your Omas 360 Turquoise looks absolutely fab.

Waiting on an Omas Ogiva Bronze Arco (F).

Laznasty
December 14th, 2014, 05:09 PM

The omas brown arco is a gorgeous pen. I was torn between that and the turqouise 360, but something about the demonstrator just drew me to it. The Omas ogiva bronze arco will be the next pen I buy. Can't wait to see some pictures when you get it!

Bogon07
December 15th, 2014, 03:16 PM

The omas brown arco is a gorgeous pen. I was torn between that and the turqouise 360, but something about the demonstrator just drew me to it. The Omas ogiva bronze arco will be the next pen I buy. Can't wait to see some pictures when you get it!

The OMAS 360 VINTAGE LIMITED EDITION BROWN ARCO CELLULOID FOUNTAIN PEN SILVER HT TRIM is also a stunner as is the MSRP.
https://chatterleyluxuries.com/product/omas-360-vintage-limited-edition-brown-arco-celluloid-fountain-pen-silver-ht-trim/

There was hardly any waiting the OMAS FOUNTAIN PEN OGIVA BRONZE ARCO CELLULOID LIMITED EDITION was delivered yesterday !
https://chatterleyluxuries.com/product/omas-fountain-pen-ogiva-celluloid-limited-edition/
Fast shipping from Pentime/Chatterley Luxuries. Ordered Friday evening and rec'd Monday afternoon, I wish all stationery from the USA to Australia was that fast.
And Mrs Bogon thinks it is a nice looking pen even if the yarn she ordered before it hasn't been delivered yet.

writingrav
December 15th, 2014, 08:46 PM
I recently acquired an Omas Ogiva Alba and fell in love. Now I am awaiting an Omas Bologna in red swirl.

Wrathen
December 16th, 2014, 12:24 PM
I have a Pilot Custom 74 and a Pelikan M400 both on the way... grrr teleportation > mail services

Cob
December 16th, 2014, 01:27 PM
I'm waiting for this one; paid for on 7th December, still not arrived. I suspect a dodgy seller - no communication yet... Bad news I fear.

Nice pen though; pity.

Cob

Sandy Fry
December 16th, 2014, 08:11 PM
Lamy Safari gift set and a Montegrappa Memoria Satin Black.

David

jks2014
December 18th, 2014, 07:06 AM
lamy joy al which just get mailed out this morning from UK [emoji16]

Quantum Sailor
December 18th, 2014, 03:59 PM
I'm waiting for this one; paid for on 7th December, still not arrived. I suspect a dodgy seller - no communication yet... Bad news I fear.

Nice pen though; pity.

Cob

I bought a pen just like that a few months ago. Hadn't seen one with that band again until now. I need to fix mine though as it is leaking ink out of the nib its like one of three that have had that problem recently that were "restored".

discopig
December 18th, 2014, 04:01 PM
I'm waiting for an old Mabie Todd Swan.

Silverbreeze
December 18th, 2014, 04:40 PM
My Danielifed Edison should be here tomorrow or Saturday

Silverbreeze
December 18th, 2014, 04:41 PM
I recently acquired an Omas Ogiva Alba and fell in love. Now I am awaiting an Omas Bologna in red swirl.

How you liking the Alba, I am considering getting one

writingrav
December 18th, 2014, 05:48 PM

It is as close to the perfect pen as I'll ever come.

Silverbreeze
December 18th, 2014, 08:40 PM

Which min???

writingrav
December 18th, 2014, 08:41 PM

Which min???
Purple with an18k broad nib

cwent2
December 19th, 2014, 07:38 AM
not my photo

Platinum 3776 Century - Bourgogne

Faustine
December 19th, 2014, 09:36 AM
Just bought new Pilot Metropolitans in Bronze Lizard and Purple Leopard (have the White Tiger already) from the deal on Massdrop that just ended. Now just eagerly awaiting shipping.