PDA

View Full Version : What Pens(s) Are You Waiting For?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15

Sandy Fry
December 19th, 2014, 08:10 PM
Waiting on a NOS Pilot Elite...the one from the 70's-80's.

David

Kurt S
December 24th, 2014, 02:31 PM
I just ordered my first Edison pen today! A Steel Blue Edison Collier! Can't wait to receive it! :-)

Silverbreeze
December 24th, 2014, 04:34 PM
I just ordered my first Edison pen today! A Steel Blue Edison Collier! Can't wait to receive it! :-)

You will love it

cwent2
December 24th, 2014, 11:11 PM

Not my photo

Notified today it shipped from Japan.

Now the waiting tick tock

Ordered first broad nib.

VertOlive
December 26th, 2014, 10:27 PM

You won't be disappointed. Nib! What nib?

bulbboy
December 26th, 2014, 10:32 PM
Just ordered a Waterman Carene Deluxe. I've been drooling over it for awhile!

VertOlive
December 26th, 2014, 10:42 PM
Pelikan M200 Cafe Creme on pre-order. Not due out until March, though...

:rolleyes:

Bogon07
December 27th, 2014, 04:54 AM

Nice looking pen. I wonder if Pelikan will do any coffee shop editions ...Starbucks, Gloria Jeans ?
Are you also getting the 2015 Edelstein ink of the year, Amethyst too ?
https://thepelikansperch.files.wordpress.com/2014/12/340414_122014_amethyst_edelstein_ink_2_8275.jpg?w= 300&h=263

A bid on a Delta pen....waiting for the auction to end.
So much for no more pens this year :redface:
Also close to pressing the trigger on a Pelikan Twist or two.

erpe
December 27th, 2014, 06:15 AM
Just ordered, Edison Collier with 1,1 stub, with a bit of luck it might even arrive before the end of the year

http://www.lacouronneducomte.nl/webstore/main/images/edison_collier_antique_marble_fountainpen_vulpen.j pg
(Pic from my supplier, I will make my own when it arrived)

writingrav
December 27th, 2014, 06:58 AM

<o

Might I ask where?

Silverbreeze
December 27th, 2014, 07:58 AM
Is the ink of the year up for preorder???

ihaveafountainpen
December 27th, 2014, 12:16 PM
Platinum #3776 SF. Very very excited, first gold nib.

Dreck
December 27th, 2014, 01:15 PM
Noodler's Konrad in Red State. It's supposed to be a gift. I ordered from goldspot, who emailed me the next day to tell me it's backordered. I called and was told that they expected to have more in within the week.
Oddly enough, they have the same pen listed on eBay as a BIN with "more than 10 available."
As yet, they've not responded to my emails asking how it can be out of stock if they have more than ten, or how they can list it as a BIN if they don't have any at all.

VertOlive
December 27th, 2014, 02:25 PM
2015 Lamy Al-Star in Copper Orange w/ 1.1 nib. Delivery in February.

RayCornett
December 28th, 2014, 01:43 AM
Jinhao 950 & 8802 through a RAK on Facebook. Their photo of the pens is attached.

Waski_the_Squirrel
December 28th, 2014, 08:14 AM
Jinhao 950 & 8802 through a RAK on Facebook. Their photo of the pens is attached.

I haven't been a big fan of their pens, but I really like the 950 I own. Both of your pens are beautiful.

Dreck
December 28th, 2014, 09:23 AM
Noodler's Konrad in Red State. It's supposed to be a gift. I ordered from goldspot, who emailed me the next day to tell me it's backordered. I called and was told that they expected to have more in within the week.
Oddly enough, they have the same pen listed on eBay as a BIN with "more than 10 available."
As yet, they've not responded to my emails asking how it can be out of stock if they have more than ten, or how they can list it as a BIN if they don't have any at all.

Update: I got an email last night explaining that they'd forgotten to remove the eBay listing when they ran out of stock. :( The lady with whom I spoke claimed that they receive receive "shipments of pens and stuff from Noodler's every day!" (emphasis hers).

Does this sound sketchy to anyone else? If Noodler's is sending out stuff on a daily basis, then why is Goulet still out of so much of their stock?

fountainpenkid
December 28th, 2014, 12:44 PM
My first modern Waterman!! A Carene in charcoal grey with silver trim.

http://assets.waterman.com/is/image/NewellRubbermaid/S0700440_crn_imgps_20?$prdctpg_wt$

VertOlive
December 28th, 2014, 02:03 PM

The look of these has always appealed to me, I'd love to hear a review about their weight in the hand, and the quality of their writing and workmanship, if you would.

Kurt S
December 28th, 2014, 04:31 PM

You won't be disappointed. Nib! What nib?

You are right - I love this pen! As far as the nib goes, nothing fancy - just a regular fine nib.

Aleks
December 28th, 2014, 10:04 PM
http://pensindia.com/257-631-thickbox/the-king-of-pen-sailor-professional-gear-21kt-fountain-pen-.jpg

this baby needs to hurry up and come home to papa! :D

Kaputnik
January 1st, 2015, 11:04 AM
I may get through 2015 without buying another pen. Hey, stranger things have happened. I'd like to sell more of my extras than I get new ones. That's more likely, although since I have yet to sell anything on the Internet, I'm sure there are surprises awaiting me.

But toward the end of 2014, on an impulse, I decided to add one more nation to the selection of pens I have, and ordered a blue Delta Serena. It arrived, but I had some serious problems with the nib. So it went back, and now I'm waiting for its replacement.

Bogon07
January 1st, 2015, 02:54 PM
But toward the end of 2014, on an impulse, I decided to add one more nation to the selection of pens I have, and ordered a blue Delta Serena. It arrived, but I had some serious problems with the nib. So it went back, and now I'm waiting for its replacement.
What type of problems did the nib have ?
Was it a steel or a fusion nib ?

I find my Serena feels a more slim and compact pen than most of the Delta range, among those I have.
Mine has quite a nice steel fine nib which goes well with Edelstein Garnet.

Kaputnik
January 1st, 2015, 05:28 PM

I find my Serena feels a more slim and compact pen than most of the Delta range, among those I have.

Probably just an anomaly. I hope so, since I had read good things about Deltas.

But the platinum coated steel nib felt scratchy. Under a loupe the tines seemed aligned, but it also appeared that there was virtually no tipping material on the underside; it was all on the top. And looking at the underside, it was very scratched up, as if someone had attacked it with rough sandpaper. I've never seen a nib on a new pen looking like that.

I think somehow one pen got sent out with a damaged nib. Although I won't mention the seller until this is resolved, it's someone who I'm sure will make it right.

Bogon07
January 1st, 2015, 08:31 PM

But the platinum coated steel nib felt scratchy. Under a loupe the tines seemed aligned, but it also appeared that there was virtually no tipping material on the underside; it was all on the top. And looking at the underside, it was very scratched up, as if someone had attacked it with rough sandpaper. I've never seen a nib on a new pen looking like that.

I think somehow one pen got sent out with a damaged nib. Although I won't mention the seller until this is resolved, it's someone who I'm sure will make it right.
Gee, I just looked at mine under a loop and yes there is next to no tipping on the underside of the tip and only a slight amount on the top ! Strange indeed. Still it writes ok. My was a pearl red Italian edition from Martemodernusa with gunmetal trim and nib. I hope your issues are soon resolved to your satisfaction as the Serena is a nice pen for the price.

earthdawn
January 4th, 2015, 01:52 AM
Ohhhhh me oh my ........

Hoping it will be here this week....

PS ~ Dans video review just pushed me over the edge and I have been obsessively searching as my P.A.D. was overtaking my daily life till I acquired it.

gbryal
January 4th, 2015, 12:26 PM
I had been staring at pictures of the #3776 Century Bourgogne and I really like the translucent dark red. I spent some time looking for a cheaper alternative, like a red Phileas, but it wasn't the same. The way Platinum photographs the nib almost makes me hungry looking at it. So I opted for a soft-fine, ordered from Japan, hopefully it's as advertised.

top pen
January 5th, 2015, 05:38 AM
A Diplomat Balance C

sgtstretch
January 6th, 2015, 10:21 AM
Just placed an order for a Delta Serena in Blue Shimmer with a fine nib. Got an excellent price on it.

Willieboy
January 7th, 2015, 06:51 PM
I am waiting for a Sailor Sapporo black and gold with fine nib and a Lamy Safari charcoal with optional 1.1mm italic nib. Me thinks that will be all for me. No more pens.

Neo
January 7th, 2015, 07:00 PM
I'm waiting on a Visconti Divina Midi, will try not to buy anything else until DC......hope this resolution holds.

Crazyorange
January 7th, 2015, 08:16 PM
I'm waiting on a Visconti Divina Midi, will try not to buy anything else until DC......hope this resolution holds.

Did you get it from the sale at chatterley?

Neo
January 7th, 2015, 09:00 PM

Yes. Bryant was great to deal with on the phone. Call after noon as he is on the west coast.

Crazyorange
January 8th, 2015, 06:22 AM

Yes. Bryant was great to deal with on the phone. Call after noon as he is on the west coast.

I also bought a visconti from the sale. Got divina with the crystals. The price was too good to pass up. I'm with you....so much for not buying another pen. That lasted about 3 week.

Tracy Lee
January 8th, 2015, 08:55 AM

I also bought a visconti from the sale. Got divina with the crystals. The price was too good to pass up. I'm with you....so much for not buying another pen. That lasted about 3 week.
Black or peau d'ange? I will be interested to hear what you think about it. I have one of the latter and find it so uncomfortable to hold because after a bit the crystals bite into your hand no matter the writing position. But they are so lovely!

rpsyed
January 8th, 2015, 11:25 AM
Romillo Eo #9 - Terracotta ebonite with a 1.0 mm stub
Edison/Hakumin Pearl with Kara-nuri finish and M nib

Both were major purchases for me and I can't wait for them.

Crazyorange
January 8th, 2015, 11:54 AM

Black or peau d'ange? I will be interested to hear what you think about it. I have one of the latter and find it so uncomfortable to hold because after a bit the crystals bite into your hand no matter the writing position. But they are so lovely!

Yup...got the peau dange. I sort of have memories seeing yours....very pretty but uncomfortable. But I couldn't resist the pink and sparkle....how many pens scream a ladies pen? Maybe when I hold it, the pain will remind me not to buy more pens????

Tracy Lee
January 8th, 2015, 12:01 PM

Yup...got the peau dange. I sort of have memories seeing yours....very pretty but uncomfortable. But I couldn't resist the pink and sparkle....how many pens scream a ladies pen? Maybe when I hold it, the pain will remind me not to buy more pens????
Unfortunately no, the pain suggests that you need another pen that is more comfortable. [emoji3] Slippery damn slope.

Bogon07
January 8th, 2015, 02:29 PM

Unfortunately no, the pain suggests that you need another pen that is more comfortable. [emoji3] Slippery damn slope.

You'll only need to hold it while you sign the cheque or credit card when you are having your breakfast at Tiffanys.

Such a pretty pen but I wish Visconti did one in the Desert Springs/Cosmopolitan II style with no crystals or metal bars on the barrel.

Neo, which colour Divina did you go for ?

Waiting on a Visconti Gulliver and a Delta BriBri; not a good start to "2015 - the year of less pen purchases" as the Pilot Custom 823 is also targeted.

Avalona
January 9th, 2015, 04:10 PM
I just ordered two more Pilot Metropolitans - but one's the gel kind, and the other's the ballpoint. I figure having a couple of non-disposable ballpoint and/or gel pens are good to have around, I like Pilot in general, and I know what the build on the Metropolitan is like, so these two should be fairly similar.

AndrewG
January 11th, 2015, 06:08 AM
I'm awaiting a Pilot Classic 74 in black from Japan, a Monteverde Prima in Tiger's Eye and a Jinhao X750 in black. That's my budget blown for the next few months...

Willieboy
January 12th, 2015, 09:12 AM
I'm waiting for a Sailor Sapporo fine nib and a TWSBI Mini 1.1mm italic nib.

johnus
January 12th, 2015, 11:33 AM
Waiting for a Pelikan P67 (A Pelikano Junior Blue Fountain Pen). I have a orange plastic Pelikan that is a great writer, hopefully this one will be equal.

wervenyt
January 12th, 2015, 09:00 PM
A vintage piston-filling Kaweco with an ink window. No clue on what it is, if I'll need to restore it, if the nib is even usable, but I'm excited for my first vintage piston filer.

Mags
January 19th, 2015, 02:59 AM
A 3667 Platinum I hope that is the right number. I went to a Japan website to find this pen with a Coarse or what I hope is a double broad nib. Burgundy colour was chosen for the barrel.

AndrewG
January 19th, 2015, 06:42 AM
I was expecting a Pilot Custom 74 from Japan. What arrived today was a cheap Pilot Cavalier. To say I'm not happy is a gross understatement-especially after a two week wait.

carlos.q
January 19th, 2015, 08:08 AM
I am waiting for this vintage Pelikan 400 with a KM nib to arrive from Spain:

Cob
January 22nd, 2015, 03:57 AM
Apart from one or two others, this batch of Onotos; yes one has a Swan nib and another a Phillips, and some have no nibs at all, but plenty of fun coming up in trying to fix some of them up!

Cob
(Seller's pictures)

Scrawler
January 22nd, 2015, 05:46 AM
Apart from one or two others, this batch of Onotos; yes one has a Swan nib and another a Phillips, and some have no nibs at all, but plenty of fun coming up in trying to fix some of them up!

Cob

If I were still collecting pens, we would be in direct competition. I have seen almost all of your posts and the pens that you prefer are also the ones I do. I have one Onoto which needs a new cork, so that I can write with it. Mine is an early one, made prior to WWI, probably 1906-8. Is your intent to restore and sell these? I have dipped and written with mine. I like the larger/longer style in the hand and the focus on function not decoration. The reason I am not collecting is that until I have all my pens in working order and I am writing with them, I do not need any more. Your pens here all have very good imprint. The filling system was really well thought through and carefully hand made. The problem was in the materials available to make them from, so when restored they must be wet with ink at all times to prevent shrinkage and crumbling of the cork plug.

Crazyorange
January 22nd, 2015, 06:09 AM

Cob
(Seller's pictures)

What's the name of the one with gold threads? Great eye candy:)

Cob
January 22nd, 2015, 06:38 AM
If I were still collecting pens, we would be in direct competition. I have seen almost all of your posts and the pens that you prefer are also the ones I do. I have one Onoto which needs a new cork, so that I can write with it. Mine is an early one, made prior to WWI, probably 1906-8. Is your intent to restore and sell these? I have dipped and written with mine. I like the larger/longer style in the hand and the focus on function not decoration. The reason I am not collecting is that until I have all my pens in working order and I am writing with them, I do not need any more. Your pens here all have very good imprint. The filling system was really well thought through and carefully hand made. The problem was in the materials available to make them from, so when restored they must be wet with ink at all times to prevent shrinkage and crumbling of the cork plug.

Hullo, and thanks for that. I am very over-extended with pen purchases so sales must continue; I have five up at the moment and another four or five will go up today. Yes I like the very old pens - the one I added yesterday in "acquisitions" is extremely old - probably pre-over/under thus made in the earliest years of the 20th century.

Thankfully we can get the bits and tools to fix them: I have had some piston fillers that are irreparable, simply owing to lack of parts.

Thanks for your interest.

Cob

Cob
January 22nd, 2015, 06:38 AM

Cob
(Seller's pictures)

What's the name of the one with gold threads? Great eye candy:)

Haven't a clue I'm afraid!

Cob

Cob
January 22nd, 2015, 04:43 PM
Couldn't resist this; I am mad. Funny thing it was not all expensive for what it is and I was the only bidder; I cannot understand it. Usually there's a big punch-up over these; I hope I haven't er, made a ricket! (Seller's pictures of course).

Cob

Crazyorange
January 22nd, 2015, 08:55 PM
Couldn't resist this; I am mad. Funny thing it was not all expensive for what it is and I was the only bidder; I cannot understand it. Usually there's a big punch-up over these; I hope I haven't er, made a ricket! (Seller's pictures of course).

Cob

Post pics when it arrives. Looks like a beauty.

Cob
January 23rd, 2015, 02:47 AM
Yes it does look nice - and yes I'll report in new arrivals when it gets here - it is coming from abroad. Not showing off, but I cannot believe how cheap it was.

C.

Murfie
January 23rd, 2015, 03:31 AM
Yes it does look nice - and yes I'll report in new arrivals when it gets here - it is coming from abroad. Not showing off, but I cannot believe how cheap it was.
Great pickup Cob. You must bring it to the February Geeks' meeting so we can have a look and a test write with it. Migo is currently making very posh envelopes at a great rate of knots. Another shipment of printed paper arrived at the doorstop at 8am this morning. We'll bring some examples to the meeting. Cheers ...

Scrawler
January 23rd, 2015, 04:40 AM

Cob

There is a large overlap between you interest and mine. Normally I might have been punching you to get one of these, but due to a variety of circumstances I have ceased purchasing and fixing up pens. I know how much I would enjoy writing with this pen, so I know how much you are going to enjoy it. I am really glad for you and I am as pleased that you got what you consider a good deal. I hope you are chuckling to yourself, as I would have been.

Cob
January 23rd, 2015, 05:38 AM
Great pickup Cob. You must bring it to the February Geeks' meeting so we can have a look and a test write with it. Migo is currently making very posh envelopes at a great rate of knots. Another shipment of printed paper arrived at the doorstop at 8am this morning. We'll bring some examples to the meeting. Cheers ...

Hullo.

I certianly will; and nothing to do as the seller says it has a new sac. Just as well too as I now have a pile of stuff to work one. I shall also bring a cuple of Onotos for View from the Loft to look at!

I hope Migo will bring some of her envelopes; I am looking worward to seeing some of those.

Rgds

Cob

Cob
January 23rd, 2015, 05:40 AM

Cob

There is a large overlap between you interest and mine. Normally I might have been punching you to get one of these, but due to a variety of circumstances I have ceased purchasing and fixing up pens. I know how much I would enjoy writing with this pen, so I know how much you are going to enjoy it. I am really glad for you and I am as pleased that you got what you consider a good deal. I hope you are chuckling to yourself, as I would have been.

Thanks for that Scrawler.

I am very baffled about this - I hope it's OK; no other bidders and I promise you, it was cheap indeed.

Watch this space as they say! It should arrive next week.

Best wishes

Cob

Crazyorange
January 23rd, 2015, 10:11 AM

C.

Ohh....show off.....I love hearing about a great bargain for a drop dead beautiful pen. It's half the excitement!

akapulko2020
January 23rd, 2015, 11:01 AM
Waiting for my first two real pens to arrive from Fontoplumo : a coral Lamy Safari and a green Kaweco sport. Can't wait...[emoji5]

Lady Onogaro
January 23rd, 2015, 08:46 PM
A generous friend of mine (on this board) is sending me a pen, and I am very much looking forward to that. I do have a Parker 45 with an orange barrel on the way. I have been buying some of the cheaper Parker 45 offerings on ebay and cleaning them up.

Lady Onogaro
January 23rd, 2015, 08:49 PM
I wish I could meet with you all to talk about pens. It sounds great to have a group that can meet up once in a while. :)

earthdawn
January 23rd, 2015, 10:00 PM
SAILOR Pro Gear Black Silver trim NAGINATA EMPEROR 21K m/f nib :)

ainterne
January 23rd, 2015, 11:10 PM

Soooo very nice... Very sharp pen....

Cob
January 24th, 2015, 02:43 AM
I wish I could meet with you all to talk about pens. It sounds great to have a group that can meet up once in a while. :)

It is great! And the beer's nice too.

Cob

Cob
January 24th, 2015, 03:04 AM

Interesting: what looks to be a metal overfeed - I have seen these only on very old Swans and Onotos.

Cob

discopig
January 24th, 2015, 09:30 PM
Ranga model 4C customized to accept tachikawa/zebra G nibs

Willieboy
January 25th, 2015, 07:44 AM
Pilot Prera and Stargazer are on the way.

RayCornett
January 27th, 2015, 06:06 PM
Parker Sonnet and Franklin Covey Freemont which I won today in a PIF here on FPG :)

Avalona
January 27th, 2015, 06:35 PM
A Lady Sheaffer, 1970s edition. Black with gold tulle/mesh pattern. (And it's a ballpoint. I feel like I'm being sacrilegious - none of my most recent pens have been fountain pens!)

ainterne
January 27th, 2015, 07:20 PM
There you go COB, not the best examples but they will do until I find more. I just love that Waverley nib...

1. Cameron self filling No 5 (1913?). It has the famous Waverley nib, medium/broad overfed with fair flex. It is bulb filler in black hard rubber.
2. Cameron X3 in ripple hard rubber (1932?) It has M&C nib medium. Lever fill.

Looking forward to them.

http://fpgeeks.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=15951&stc=1

Wrathen
January 28th, 2015, 09:07 AM
I ordered my first Franklin-Christoph pen on Monday and waiting for it show up later this week. Ordered a Model 02 Smoke and Ice

Silverbreeze
January 28th, 2015, 09:35 AM
I ordered my first Franklin-Christoph pen on Monday and waiting for it show up later this week. Ordered a Model 02 Smoke and Ice
You will love it. Personally I favor Edison models more but F-C is a great company too

Wrathen
January 28th, 2015, 09:50 AM
You will love it. Personally I favor Edison models more but F-C is a great company too

Thanks, looking forward to it I should have it by Friday they think. I ordered it with a Masuyama Medium-Italic Steel nib. It will be my first Masuyama Nib as well. I have heard alot about his work and cant wait to give it a try.

Edison is another company I hope to try out sometime in the future. But what really sold me on the F-C pens was the large grip diameter on alot of their pens. I was debating between the model 02 and the model 19 but decided to go with the model 02 since it was a bit more unique and would look really cool as an eye dropper.

Silverbreeze
January 28th, 2015, 10:51 AM
Masuyama nibs and sugar cane paper are among the reasons I buy as much as I do from F-C directly. Also F- C nibs fit Edison and Noodler's Ahab pens. If you ever used a mass produced CI, you will never buy one again. Masuyama is an acknowledged master not only by manufacturers but by other nibmeisters. If you are like me you will favor his steel to any stock gold. Even pen snobs a Masuyama nibs are worth breaking the Stock Orginal rule.

I have seen bids online raise because there is a Masuyama chomp stamp in the picture

Cob
January 28th, 2015, 11:30 AM
There you go COB, not the best examples but they will do until I find more. I just love that Waverley nib...

1. Cameron self filling No 5 (1913?). It has the famous Waverley nib, medium/broad overfed with fair flex. It is bulb filler in black hard rubber.

Looking forward to them.

Grrrrr! Jealous...

Well found

Cob

Kaputnik
January 29th, 2015, 12:30 PM

Gee, I just looked at mine under a loop and yes there is next to no tipping on the underside of the tip and only a slight amount on the top ! Strange indeed. Still it writes ok. My was a pearl red Italian edition from Martemodernusa with gunmetal trim and nib. I hope your issues are soon resolved to your satisfaction as the Serena is a nice pen for the price.

The replacement arrived today. I'll put more information in the "acquisitions" thread after giving it a day or two of testing.

ainterne
January 30th, 2015, 06:25 AM

Looking forward to them.

Grrrrr! Jealous...

Well found

Cob

Ugghhh... Retracted... I am not paying the postage that goes along with these pens. So have cancelled.... When the postage announced is going to be a quarter of one of the pens, enough is enough...Its not that nice..... I have been looking hard for one of these, I will keep looking.

COB, here is the nib in case you didn't see it..

http://fpgeeks.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=16051&stc=1

RayCornett
February 2nd, 2015, 11:43 PM
Sometime this week I will receive two of my favorite Parkers. A deep red Parker 45 which I previously restored for the owner as well as a lovely blue gray Parker 51 from the same person. A few months back I had restored a few pens for her. One was the deep red Parker 45 which during the restoration I developed a crush on. I found out today that it was for sale so I immediately snapped it up. I have a Parker 51 double pen desk set but this will be the first Parker 51 I can actually carry around with me. I so can't wait!

Love
February 4th, 2015, 03:33 AM
Franklin Christoph Pocket 40 with masuyama needlepoint. This will be my first 'real' fountain pen after a couple of years with a Lamy Safari. Can't wait to try it. I just hope my silicon grease has been delivered too!

Dreck
February 4th, 2015, 04:10 AM
An Esterbrook J in blue from a fellow on eBay by the name of Kaufmann. I like my Esterbrook so much, I decided to get one for a friend. This will be his first fountain pen.

Silverbreeze
February 4th, 2015, 06:22 AM
An Esterbrook J in blue from a fellow on eBay by the name of Kaufmann. I like my Esterbrook so much, I decided to get one for a friend. This will be his first fountain pen.

A real J I hope not the new contraption

Dreck
February 4th, 2015, 08:11 AM

A real J I hope not the new contraption

A real live, vintage, restored Esterbrook J. We'll have none of the newfangled abominations they are currently offering.

top pen
February 4th, 2015, 10:36 AM
Ordered a bottle of Diamine Twilight and a Diplomat Aero Mechanical pencil that was going very cheap on amazon. Hoping to use get some idea of weather it is worth going for the Aero fountain pen latter this year

VertOlive
February 4th, 2015, 11:40 AM
I was told my 2015 Dark Orange Lamy Al-Star° will be shipping Monday--yay!

°Not-Quite-Real, New Fangled, but deliciously Orange fountain pen!

reprieve
February 4th, 2015, 12:37 PM
I've been on a bit of a spree. I just received the majestic pine Edison Nouveau Premiere and a Platinum 5000-A from GouletPens (both of which I'm in love with by the way). And then I "needed" to order some multi-pen refills from JetPens and ended up getting sucked into their fountain pen section...

So now I'm waiting on:

Platinum Plaisir in purple
Pilot Prera in pink
Parker IM in pink pearl

I also picked up a bottle of Sailor Shigure. I guess I was in a pink/purple mood.

Goodbye, self control. Sigh.

Bogon07
February 4th, 2015, 03:15 PM
V.O. thanks for the alert on the Orange Al-Star, I'd better start looking around for one and thinking about nib choices.

I've been on a bit of a spree. I just received the majestic pine Edison Nouveau Premiere and a Platinum 5000-A from GouletPens (both of which I'm in love with by the way). And then I "needed" to order some multi-pen refills from JetPens and ended up getting sucked into their fountain pen section...

So now I'm waiting on:

Platinum Plaisir in purple
Pilot Prera in pink
Parker IM in pink pearl

I also picked up a bottle of Sailor Shigure. I guess I was in a pink/purple mood.

Goodbye, self control. Sigh.

That is a nice haul of pens.

I picked up a Parker IM Emerald Pearl last week from a local stationery shop and am quite happy with it. It is lighter than expected for a metal pen and the finish is fascinating. The brushed metal grip with a slight raised end avoids the slippery problems of the Lamy Studio chrome grip. Brian Goulet says his didn't come with a converter but mine came with a Parker slide/piston converter and a long cartridge; The shop assistant said sometimes the initial Parker promo pens don't come with them but the regular retail stock do.
The M steel nib works well, it seems similar to the Parker Vector M nibs.

harrysnyder
February 4th, 2015, 03:59 PM
Just arrived today, Namiki, Yukari, "Flowering Fences", with blue Pilot ink. It's beautiful and writes even better.

Crazyorange
February 4th, 2015, 11:10 PM
Just arrived today, Namiki, Yukari, "Flowering Fences", with blue Pilot ink. It's beautiful and writes even better.

Pictures please. :)

Faustine
February 5th, 2015, 03:27 PM
I was told my 2015 Dark Orange Lamy Al-Star° will be shipping Monday--yay!

Mine too!!! I am so excited to see it in person!!

carlos.q
February 5th, 2015, 07:17 PM
I just checked the USPS website and saw that my 8 ball Esterbrook desk set is available for pickup!!! :dance3:

earthdawn
February 7th, 2015, 02:39 AM
Well you ever put a stupid low bid on a pen... then forget about it... then get an eBay message you won ???

I just did.

PILOT Custom Heritage 91 Yamaguri Chesnut Brown 14K ~ B nib

carlc
February 7th, 2015, 04:26 AM

Swan leverless 4460 with a broad nib.

Willieboy
February 7th, 2015, 07:59 AM
Yesterday, I ordered a Pilot 912 with 1.0 italic nib. I ordered the pen and some J Herbin Stormy Grey Ink from Goulet Pen Company.

Yikes, today I ordered a one of those special edition Pelikan Congnac pens, also with italic nib. Will somebody please take my credit card away.

Willieboy
February 7th, 2015, 04:23 PM
Well you ever put a stupid low bid on a pen... then forget about it... then get an eBay message you won ???

I just did.

The next thing I win, will be the first thing I win. Congratulations on a beautiful pen.

Mags
February 7th, 2015, 04:26 PM

I just did.

Well that's a nice pen to get for a stupid low bid ;)

VertOlive
February 7th, 2015, 06:35 PM
I've been resisting this pen for a while now. Then I was just overcome by its dashing green rings! Still discussing the nib.

The photos are from Pendleton Brown's site; Franklin Christoph 19 Pendleton Special Edition:

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f261/sparrowe/pendleton.jpg (http://s49.photobucket.com/user/sparrowe/media/pendleton.jpg.html)

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f261/sparrowe/PBFC.jpg (http://s49.photobucket.com/user/sparrowe/media/PBFC.jpg.html)

allanorn
February 7th, 2015, 06:42 PM
Got back from the restorer my black Vac Major and a demi grey Vac 51.

Unfortunately I had to hand over my new (to me) Pelikan 400nn tortoise so he can reseat the nib. Not good if the nib is offset from the feed and he can slide a piece of paper between the nib and feed. :rolleyes:

Crazyorange
February 7th, 2015, 07:07 PM
I've been resisting this pen for a while now. Then I was just overcome by its dashing green rings! Still discussing the nib.

The photos are from Pendleton Brown's site; Franklin Christoph 19 Pendleton Special Edition:

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f261/sparrowe/pendleton.jpg (http://s49.photobucket.com/user/sparrowe/media/pendleton.jpg.html)

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f261/sparrowe/PBFC.jpg (http://s49.photobucket.com/user/sparrowe/media/PBFC.jpg.html)

Oooohhhhhh......when you get it post pics. Those green rings are beautiful.

tandaina
February 7th, 2015, 07:17 PM

I did *not* need to know that Pendleton had his own special edition of these pends. Nope, did not need to know that! :P

akapulko2020
February 7th, 2015, 11:27 PM

What a gorgeous looking pen!

akapulko2020
February 7th, 2015, 11:27 PM
Ordered 2 Pilot Metro on Massdrop, waiting for them to be sent to me...

VertOlive
February 8th, 2015, 04:43 PM
Update on the FC Pendleton SE: It will have the FC Music nib tuned up to the edgy side.

Joy buzz!

reprieve
February 8th, 2015, 05:22 PM
Update on the FC Pendleton SE: It will have the FC Music nib tuned up to the edgy side.

Joy buzz!

Oooh! Congrats! Please (pretty please) post photos and a writing sample when it arrives! :)

Avalona
February 15th, 2015, 11:34 AM
Being sacreligious again, another ballpoint. Parker Jotter (in neon coral. I actually love the neon theme that's around now, but I like obnoxious-coloured pens - harder for me to lose track of them). And also some refills for various other pens (I may have figured out what refill my favourite pen from my teenage years - a slim white-bodied ballpoint pen with a tiny dove on the clip, it was a confirmation gift, probably similar in size to the Jotter, I think - takes. I'm going to try a Fisher Space Pen refill or a Monteverde refill, I suspect one of the two should work. I loved that pen).

Willieboy
February 15th, 2015, 12:15 PM
Just ordered one of those raw aluminum Kaweco Al Sports with medium nib.

Dreck
February 15th, 2015, 05:41 PM

Update. He was thrilled to get his own, very first, vintage fountain pen. I gave him one of my bottles of R&K Salix, since it is so well behaved and is such a fetching blue. This is now his daily-use work pen. Ladies and gentlemen; fellow fountain pen geeks, we have a new convert :D

VertOlive
February 15th, 2015, 08:41 PM
Just ordered one of those raw aluminum Kaweco Al Sports with medium nib.

I have one with a fine point. It's a sturdy little thing that travels well and writes every time I ask it to, hope you enjoy yours!

gwgtaylor
February 15th, 2015, 08:54 PM
Pelikan M200 cafe creme medium nib and a Parker Duofold Demi green check with fine nib. :-)

earthdawn
February 16th, 2015, 01:17 AM
Ordered 2 Pilot Metro on Massdrop, waiting for them to be sent to me...

Got mine last week... that was a great deal.

Im giving mine away and may practice some nib grinding on a couple.

Avalona
February 19th, 2015, 04:35 PM
Lamy Al-Star, 2014 LE (blue green), both fountain pen (extra fine nib) and the matching ballpoint. I didn't realise the fountain pens were still floating around. It's such a pretty mermaidy colour. :D

Silverbreeze
February 19th, 2015, 05:12 PM
I think I may of just ordered the last green Extra Flessible in America this morning

Ira you convinced me :-)

Jon Szanto
February 19th, 2015, 06:29 PM
I think I may of just ordered the last green Extra Flessible in America this morning.

Am I the only one that wishes they would get their shit together and finally just call them Esstra Flessible? I can even imagine people clammering for Eßtra Fleßible, but that might start another war.

sgtstretch
February 19th, 2015, 08:16 PM
I've been watching Easterbrook sales on the forum, and finally jumped on one. I'm eagerly awaiting my first Esterbrook & first vintage pen!

Dreck
February 19th, 2015, 08:53 PM
I've been watching Easterbrook sales on the forum, and finally jumped on one. I'm eagerly awaiting my first Esterbrook & first vintage pen!

You'll not regret it. They're great pens

cwent2
February 19th, 2015, 09:02 PM

+1 what Dreck said

Silverbreeze
February 20th, 2015, 01:27 PM
I think I may of just ordered the last green Extra Flessible in America this morning.

Am I the only one that wishes they would get their shit together and finally just call them Esstra Flessible? I can even imagine people clammering for Eßtra Fleßible, but that might start another war.

Eer Jon isn't the funky ss B thing Dutch not Italian????

Mags
February 20th, 2015, 07:59 PM
I had a weak moment. [Item]:SAILOR 1911 PROFIT LARGE Maroon Color Gold Accents NAGINATA TOGI is on order. Medium!!

Jon Szanto
February 20th, 2015, 09:40 PM

German. Work with me here...

kbrede
February 20th, 2015, 10:15 PM
I'm waiting for a Franklin Christoph 66, a Jinhao x750 and a dozen Pilot Varsities.
Kent

jadehawk
February 20th, 2015, 10:55 PM
I'm Awaiting my first Pelikan .. Its a M100 in White (nicknamed "Storm Trooper"? ) that I got from a fellow FPGeek..

And a beat up(Pocket Wear? whatever that means) Waterman Carene from FleeBay I just hope it can be polished no good pics, so it was a gamble..

akapulko2020
February 21st, 2015, 01:05 PM
From last week :A set of 2 Hero pens with broad nibs set each. Will probably offer one as a PIF if it's any good.
10 minutes ago:My first vintage pen! Wearever , which I've never heard of, but I liked the look of it and it was cheap.[emoji7]
Why didn't anyone warn me this is such an addictive hobby? [emoji15]
Oh, wait, lots of people here did [emoji5]

fountainpenkid
February 21st, 2015, 06:45 PM
My 3rd Nizzoli 88.

sharmon202
February 21st, 2015, 07:02 PM
Received my Platinum 3776 Music nib, from the Mass Drop. I have written one letter and one note with it so far and it is very nice, smooth. I put Apache Sunset in it and do not see the shading I expected. Guess I will need to work with it more. Anyone else get this from MassDrop?

da vinci
February 22nd, 2015, 02:36 PM
A matt black Sheaffer Targa with a 14k gold stub nib :)

john
February 22nd, 2015, 06:47 PM
http://i1353.photobucket.com/albums/q673/SteveL002545/342_1_zps8db36c70.jpg (http://s1353.photobucket.com/user/SteveL002545/media/342_1_zps8db36c70.jpg.html)
Mont Blanc 3-42G is on the way from Germany:)

VertOlive
February 22nd, 2015, 06:52 PM
Received my Platinum 3776 Music nib, from the Mass Drop. I have written one letter and one note with it so far and it is very nice, smooth. I put Apache Sunset in it and do not see the shading I expected. Guess I will need to work with it more. Anyone else get this from MassDrop?

I had this same nib and didn't get the shading I thought I should with it. I've since learned that Pendleton Brown can tune that particular nib to where it does a much better job, just fyi.

TerraNoir
February 23rd, 2015, 06:51 AM
I'm waiting for a handful of really awesome vintage pens. I'm getting my first Parker 51 and Sheaffer Touchdown after going to the Chicago Pen Club and found myself smitten. Hopefully the frost hasn't stopped them from arriving.

VertOlive
February 26th, 2015, 05:33 PM
Well, Spring is on its way, I'm just certain, so celebrating with something Cherry Blossom-ish: Platinum 3776 Sakura. Fahrney's had a deal on them, even less than Engeika, (without the nerve wracking wait):

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f261/sparrowe/Sakura.jpg (http://s49.photobucket.com/user/sparrowe/media/Sakura.jpg.html)

tandaina
February 26th, 2015, 06:13 PM
Well, Spring is on its way, I'm just certain, so celebrating with something Cherry Blossom-ish: Platinum 3776 Sakura. Fahrney's had a deal on them, even less than Engeika, (without the nerve wracking wait):

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f261/sparrowe/Sakura.jpg (http://s49.photobucket.com/user/sparrowe/media/Sakura.jpg.html)

Well crud I didn't even see that. :P

raibtoffoletto
February 26th, 2015, 10:30 PM
I couldn't resist myself and I'm waiting for a Jinhao (yeh, throw the stones...)
but it a quite pretty one, got it just for it aesthetics!

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NzUwWDg1MA==/z/DnEAAOSwQJhUcKXF/$_35.JPG

------------

German. Work with me here...

Sorry Guys, why do you thing it should be "Esstra" Flessible?
There's no such word in the Italian language... nor any other Latin related, including Latin itself.

Xina
February 26th, 2015, 10:39 PM
A Noodler's Nib Creaper Flex Fountain Pen - Mars Pearl. My first venture into a flex nib and first Noodler's pen. It was so cheap that I thought, Why not? Also my first Goulet Pens order. Everyone here raves about them, which is encouraging. I did have a bit of trouble getting their web pages to work properly, but it finally went through.

Willieboy
March 7th, 2015, 11:09 AM
I am waiting for a Pelikan M800 purchased through Massdrop. The pen is coming from Japan once it ships. I pray it will arrive while I am still on the green side of the grass.

Also waiting for a Namiki Falcon with soft-medium nib and a Sailor Professional Gear Realo, also with medium nib. The Namiki is scheduled to arrive today. We'll see how the USPS does with this.

Quantum Sailor
March 7th, 2015, 02:14 PM
I'm waiting on a Sailor black luster medium nib. I have been waiting to get a hold of one since I first started collecting.

Tracy Lee
March 8th, 2015, 08:37 AM
None but I really really really want to be waiting on one. Does that count? {SIGH}

ilangai
March 8th, 2015, 09:49 AM
None but I really really really want to be waiting on one. Does that count? {SIGH}

Can relate to that.. Want to wait for so many pens.

*What helps me, is the fact i'll be waiting for a pen in few days from now (still haven't figure out which one).

Avalona
March 8th, 2015, 10:02 AM
Copper orange Al-Star! (EF nib) :D :D They've finally started showing up in Canadian pen stores, so I've ordered one from Wonder Pens.

inlovewithjournals
March 10th, 2015, 08:53 AM
I have just purchased a Canadian Waterman Junior from Deb at Goodwriters. It is my first vintage pen with a 14ct gold nib and I am super excited about it!

kbrede
March 11th, 2015, 07:14 PM
I just ordered a Franklin Christoph model 20 Marietta. They went on sale today. The biggest decision was 'clip' or 'no clip.' I went 'no clip.' :) I really like that there's no threads on this pen.

http://www.franklin-christoph.com/model-20-marietta.html

http://www.franklin-christoph.com/uploads/1/0/4/5/10453260/3457360_orig.jpg?452

RayCornett
March 13th, 2015, 11:04 AM
Sheaffer button filler desk pen, Stipula Speed, Sheaffer Balance with a freakin Gregg nib - insert annoyed bidder face here - ,Yongsheng clone of the MB Star Walker, Full size Eversharp Skyline with honey cap, and last but not least - Montblanc Monta Rosa 042G.

gwgtaylor
March 14th, 2015, 05:49 AM

Graf Von Faber-Castell Intuition Platino Magnum

It was on final clearance from stylo.ca and I got the last one. Crazy good deal. I already have the intuition in ivory and black and love it so much I needed this one too.

This pen will be my 3rd Smokeaversary pen. Stopped smoking April 1st, 2012.

Can't wait!

foreign export
March 14th, 2015, 06:00 AM
Waiting for lamy safari in copper orange from the UK and a pilot custom 74 from Japan- which I ordered today

carlc
March 14th, 2015, 06:09 AM

Can't wait!

Congratulations on the anniversary and an excellent choice of present!

Sandy Fry
March 18th, 2015, 12:53 AM
Ordered a cheapie Baoer 388 after seeing good reviews ( even if it is crap it was $2.42 with free shipping so no biggie ) and have a NOS Bexley Tuckaway in Pearl Red on the way.

David

Sevenof9
March 18th, 2015, 01:14 AM
I must have gone insane....as I am awaiting a Minimalistica Phi and an M1000 Raden Pelikan.....:bump2: 7

SIG9
March 18th, 2015, 05:35 PM
Finally available after what seemed like a very long wait. The Lamy Al-star in copper orange!!!

amk
March 18th, 2015, 05:48 PM
Guider Onyx ordered from India.. dark blue ebonite.

Pelikan m600 vibrant green, an Easter presen!

VertOlive
March 19th, 2015, 05:35 PM
Shipped today: the Lamy Al-Star in Stealth Black, Medium nib. :spy:

bulbboy
March 19th, 2015, 05:41 PM
Just ordered a Pelikan M600 in blue/black

VertOlive
March 20th, 2015, 07:42 AM
Whoa! My Pelikan M200 Cafe Creme shipped today!!!!

bulbboy
March 20th, 2015, 07:55 AM

Good looking pen! Congrats!

RuiFromUK
March 20th, 2015, 08:06 AM

Good looking pen! Congrats!

I absolutely agree with that!

KrazyIvan
March 20th, 2015, 04:25 PM
Waiting for a Lamy AL-Star copper orange LE.

writingrav
March 20th, 2015, 04:46 PM
Waiting for a Pelican Streseman ordered from Dan Smith

Saintpaulia
March 20th, 2015, 05:28 PM

Graf Von Faber-Castell Intuition Platino Magnum

It was on final clearance from stylo.ca and I got the last one. Crazy good deal. I already have the intuition in ivory and black and love it so much I needed this one too.

Can't wait!
No doubt the monetary savings from not buying cigarettes at ridiculous prices per pack?

erpe
March 21st, 2015, 11:56 PM
I want it to be tomorrow

Greenfire
March 22nd, 2015, 03:51 AM
Waiting for my new/old Pelikan 140 in Dark Burgundy Red 1952.

gwgtaylor
March 22nd, 2015, 03:12 PM
I want it to be tomorrow

Ooooooh what is this? Looks duofoldy

tandaina
March 22nd, 2015, 03:58 PM
I want it to be tomorrow

That's the new entry level Visconti.

john
March 22nd, 2015, 09:00 PM
Parker Sonnet sterling silver and 18k two tone left oblique nib is on the way from Germany.
http://i1353.photobucket.com/albums/q673/SteveL002545/_57_zpskna19csl.jpg (http://s1353.photobucket.com/user/SteveL002545/media/_57_zpskna19csl.jpg.html)

erpe
March 22nd, 2015, 11:15 PM
I want it to be tomorrow

It's the Visconti New Classic, Sort of a replica of the pen they started with, similar design and finishes, also a 25 year old price tag :)

gwgtaylor
March 23rd, 2015, 05:59 AM
I want it to be tomorrow

It's the Visconti New Classic, Sort of a replica of the pen they started with, similar design and finishes, also a 25 year old price tag :)

Ah ok. Why are they ripping off Parker so hard? I'll stick with my Centennials. Better nibs too IMHO. All my experiences with Visconti have been disappointing ones

tandaina
March 23rd, 2015, 09:07 AM
Where as I think it looks like a Shaeffer No Nonsense (the non marbled material makes it really obvious.)

erpe
March 23rd, 2015, 10:12 AM
Where as I think it looks like a Shaeffer No Nonsense (the non marbled material makes it really obvious.)

Interesting, I will put it next to a Nononsense when it's here, actually, the Unica sort of looks similar too, I don't really see it as Duofold knock-off. The Parker is really in another league.

BCDDiggler
March 23rd, 2015, 10:18 AM
Pilot 2014 SE VP "Copper"
Pilot Metropolitan

Day 7 of the customs delay!!!

And I want the Lamy 2015 SE for the Al-Star (plus ink) and the Safari.
The new J Herbin 1670 blue formula. And a hobby case for the pens.

-D

pica pica
March 23rd, 2015, 11:28 AM
Waterman's Ideal

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-yTey3XvjNck/VRBL605-no/watermans_ideal-brown%B.jpg

and a humble blue Monte Rosa 41

Alec_J
March 23rd, 2015, 09:13 PM
A Lamy 2000 fine nib. My first sort of expensive pen. Received one in the mail over the weekend and it was clearly used and missing the cap clip ring... Shipped back this morning and ordered another one to be delivered Wednesday.

Bold2013
March 23rd, 2015, 10:30 PM
Lexaf special 1930s German black piston filler.

caribbean_skye
March 24th, 2015, 05:31 AM
Guider Onyx from India... my first ebonite pen

gwgtaylor
March 24th, 2015, 12:44 PM
Parker 61 signet with capillary filler. Will be fun bringing it back to life! :-) hope the nib is medium or broad

Quantum Sailor
March 26th, 2015, 01:12 AM
Noodlers Konrad Ebonite

Mags
March 26th, 2015, 04:30 AM
A Parker Vector. 17472

It arrived.

RayCornett
March 27th, 2015, 02:21 AM
Stipula Speed in Ivory.

hsianloon
March 27th, 2015, 04:00 AM
Parker Vacumatic Major in Brown /gold

Sheaffer sterling imperial, cartridge converter version

Aleks
March 27th, 2015, 10:01 PM
http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/uploads/post-55071-0-87401000-1316391530.jpg

my 1st Pelikan ... we'll see how it fares :D

Scrawler
March 28th, 2015, 07:13 AM
I have been waiting for my Mabie Todd twist filler, with a fine flexible nib, for 14 months. I have been told that I can pick it up on 2nd April.

elaineb
March 28th, 2015, 12:55 PM
OOOOOOooooo, how can you sleep at night, Scrawler? (Mabie Todd/Swan is one of my very favorite pen brands.)

Scrawler
March 28th, 2015, 01:55 PM
OOOOOOooooo, how can you sleep at night, Scrawler? (Mabie Todd/Swan is one of my very favorite pen brands.)

I have others to play with. But I had become rather impatient. The difficulty with this pen was first getting my family in Britain to send it, then waiting for the correct tapered sac to arrive. This is the longest I have waited for a pen. Previously I waited a year for a Waterman Ink-Vue. The reason for that was that special tools had to be made to work on it.

eriquito
March 29th, 2015, 12:53 PM
Last Sunday (one week ago today) I stole three pens from SBRE Brown.
I anxiously await their arrival, which I hope will be this week.
They are:

Lamy Safari in Pink
Pelikan Go!
Kaweco AL-Sport in Raw Aluminum

Can't wait!

Neo
March 29th, 2015, 01:01 PM
Last Sunday (one week ago today) I stole three pens from SBRE Brown.
I anxiously await their arrival, which I hope will be this week.
They are:

Lamy Safari in Pink
Pelikan Go!
Kaweco AL-Sport in Raw Aluminum

Can't wait!

When they arrive post pictures please.

seahunter
March 29th, 2015, 09:28 PM
Pelikan M1000, my grail pen!

inklord
March 30th, 2015, 08:58 AM
Happy moments of great expectations!!
Ordered a Franklin-Christoph model 66 'pocket' - not a regular model on their site yet, though they have a few 'solid ice' finish ones in their stock room. I ordered a black one which they just started making, and to add to the wait, I ordered it with a currently out-of-stock nib... so I don't know at all when the little bundle will be shipped or arrive.
In case you wonder: the 66 'pocket' is a short version (about 12 cm closed) of the clipless 66 desk pen, so it's a pocket pen carrying a BIG no. 6 nib, and quite minimalist...

What finish did you order on the Pearlette, writingrav? Oh, just saw it... nice and daaaark

mhosea
March 30th, 2015, 09:38 AM
I'm waiting on another two Bexley Poseidon Magnum II prototype/special-run pens. I noticed that Howard Levy (bexlevy) has been active on eBay selling off NOS pens of different materials than the production versions. I have had a couple of Poseidon Magnums for years now, and they are among my favorite pens. So when these started popping up, I started bidding. I've bought 5 and am probably done. Last two are on the way: Blue Bamboo and Purple Haze to go with my Mandarin Yellow, Red Pearl, and Admiral Red. Lately I've been grinding broad nibs JoWo nibs to a narrower-writing Naginata Togi-inspired shape, and when the pen has rhodium trim, polishing the plating off the top of the nib (leaving the gold plating in the floral grooves).

sombrueil
March 30th, 2015, 10:26 AM
Long waits: bespoke rainbow ebonite pen with a Waterman 52 flex nib, from Shawn Newton (hasn't even been started yet), and a regrind of a Pelikan 400NN from a wet medium to a wet fine, from John Mottishaw.

Especially excited about the Newton pen, my first bespoke pen.

stevekolt
March 30th, 2015, 09:05 PM
Franklin-Christoph Model 19, Black with King's Gold bands, and an 18 kt. Mike Masuyama Medium Stub nib. Should be here on Wednesday :)

rpsyed
March 30th, 2015, 11:49 PM
A medium-size Eboya Kyouka in Tanshin Red ebonite, eyedropper with shut-off valve filling system. As it's a special order from Japan, I'm going to be waiting a while ...

http://www.nibs.com/www/WEBSITE%20PICS/Eboya/eboya-kyouka-medium-tanshin-red-uncapped.jpg

An Edison/Hakumin Pearl in the same Kara-Nuri finish as the LE a few years back.

http://www.hakuminurushi.com/lacquerware/shibourushitsugarunuri/pieces/edisonpearlproj/intro.jpg

And lastly a Newton Pens Orville in a red, silver, and black swirl material, with a #8 18k nib, bulb-filling mechanism, and solid 14k circular roll-stop.

Custom orders are great except for the wait times ...

The urushi Edison should be here in April, the Newton Pen towards the end of May, and the Eboya god knows when. I ordered it today and I was told 4 - 6 months, but also that it could be as long 8 months.

inklord
March 31st, 2015, 03:41 AM
Ah-haa... The Mike Masuyama Medium Stub is what I was waiting for, as well - will be interesting to see what experiences we have to share, stevekolt! Though yours will be in one of F-C's biggest, and mine in one of their smallest pens... (mine's also scheduled for Wednesday :) )

caribbean_skye
March 31st, 2015, 05:26 AM
Guider Onyx from India... my first ebonite pen

it is currently in NY being processed through customs etc. *refreshes tracking neurotically*

Chrissy
March 31st, 2015, 05:54 AM
I'm currently waiting for a Lamy 2000 that I ordered via Amazon.com.

On the one hand I'm so excited to see what it's like, on the other hand I hope that in selecting the Medium nib, rather than the Fine nib, I made the right choice for me.

inklord
March 31st, 2015, 07:44 AM
I'm currently waiting for a Lamy 2000 that I ordered via Amazon.com.

On the one hand I'm so excited to see what it's like, on the other hand I hope that in selecting the Medium nib, rather than the Fine nib, I made the right choice for me.

Hey Chrissy! You won't regret that one! It's been my favorite for a long time, over pens that cost 3 times as much. If you find the line a bit wide at first, you might try out a different ink - my 4 (!) specimens of L2k's are all doing great with most inks I put in them, but the line width varies considerably (more so than in other pens) from ink to ink! Have fun with this great classic!

Alanc
March 31st, 2015, 02:02 PM
Bought a Montblanc 234 1/2 today to add to my small but growing pre 1960 Montblanc collection.
Should have it by the weekend.

earthdawn
April 3rd, 2015, 09:18 PM
Well I fell for Pen Chalets 15% extra coupon on their Platinum 3776 Shoji

$137.70 shipped ... at that price I had to bite, especially with only 2 left. I got the medium nib so there is still a broad left if anyone is interested. The code to enter after it is in your cart is EASTER. It was 40% off and then the extra 15% comes off with the code.

Aleks
April 3rd, 2015, 10:56 PM
Well I fell for Pen Chalets 15% extra coupon on their Platinum 3776 Shoji

$137.70 shipped ... at that price I had to bite, especially with only 2 left. I got the medium nib so there is still a broad left if anyone is interested. The code to enter after it is in your cart is EASTER. It was 40% off and then the extra 15% comes off with the code.

http://www.penshed.co.uk/images/products/large/ART_1.jpg

haha Thnx to you i also bit the hook >.< .. but hey got a Granite Kaweco for $60 :D

eriquito
April 6th, 2015, 04:57 PM
The pens I stole two weeks ago from SBRE Brown arrived today! WooHoo!
The Kaweco Raw Aluminum and the Pelikan Go! are the two I stole.
Azizah sent the pink Lamy Safari as a gift and surprised me with a second gift, the Kaweco Skyline Mint.
Damn nice! =)

tandaina
April 6th, 2015, 05:04 PM
A pen I've been looking for for AGES and AGES but could never find at a decent price... Pelikan M320 Ruby...

I found one (on here) and it arrived *today* way earlier than I'd expected. Tiny, but so so pretty! :) :) :)

Mags
April 6th, 2015, 05:42 PM
The pens I stole two weeks ago from SBRE Brown arrived today! WooHoo!
The Kaweco Raw Aluminum and the Pelikan Go! are the two I stole.
Azizah sent the pink Lamy Safari as a gift and surprised me with a second gift, the Kaweco Skyline Mint.
Damn nice! =)

That was a super great day then. Everyone likes free pens. Nice to see you back Eric.

Waski_the_Squirrel
April 6th, 2015, 07:56 PM
I haven't posted to this thread in a while, but I finally ordered a pen I've been thinking about for well over a year: a Pilot Custom 74. I also ordered a bright yellow Jinhao 159 to ensure I didn't get too pretentious. :)

http://cdn-tp1.mozu.com/6639-8588/cms/8588/files/9f4a7f20-9b87-4f24-8ef6-87d6e4452337

http://cdn-tp1.mozu.com/6639-8588/cms/8588/files/708618c4-b6a6-49d7-aec7-9cf57091bb13

Quantum Sailor
April 6th, 2015, 08:28 PM
A medium-size Eboya Kyouka in Tanshin Red ebonite, eyedropper with shut-off valve filling system. As it's a special order from Japan, I'm going to be waiting a while ...

http://www.nibs.com/www/WEBSITE%20PICS/Eboya/eboya-kyouka-medium-tanshin-red-uncapped.jpg

An Edison/Hakumin Pearl in the same Kara-Nuri finish as the LE a few years back.

http://www.hakuminurushi.com/lacquerware/shibourushitsugarunuri/pieces/edisonpearlproj/intro.jpg

And lastly a Newton Pens Orville in a red, silver, and black swirl material, with a #8 18k nib, bulb-filling mechanism, and solid 14k circular roll-stop.

Custom orders are great except for the wait times ...

The urushi Edison should be here in April, the Newton Pen towards the end of May, and the Eboya god knows when. I ordered it today and I was told 4 - 6 months, but also that it could be as long 8 months.

I've been interested in those Eboya pens, I'd be interested in hearing how it turns out.

Bogon07
April 6th, 2015, 10:04 PM
I haven't posted to this thread in a while, but I finally ordered a pen I've been thinking about for well over a year: a Pilot Custom 74. I also ordered a bright yellow Jinhao 159 to ensure I didn't get too pretentious. :)

http://cdn-tp1.mozu.com/6639-8588/cms/8588/files/9f4a7f20-9b87-4f24-8ef6-87d6e4452337

http://cdn-tp1.mozu.com/6639-8588/cms/8588/files/708618c4-b6a6-49d7-aec7-9cf57091bb13
Congratulations the translucent purple/lavender Custom 74 looks nice and the Jinhao a wonderful bright yellow.
I really wish Goulets would go back to their realistic & clear photos and drop this blurred artistic stuff that came with the site revamp so we can actually see what the pens are like, as in the case of the Jinhao.

Ste_S
April 7th, 2015, 04:52 AM
Ordered my first (and probably last) Montblanc, a 121 with a broad nib. Will be interested to see how it writes, from the pics the nib looks quite stubbish

ilangai
April 7th, 2015, 05:37 AM
Waiting for a Pelikan M200 Cognac (a Pelikan 14k M nib awaits it) and a Pilot Elite 95S pocket pen w/ M nib..
It was too long time since i've waited for a new pen.. Never again!

kaisnowbird
April 7th, 2015, 06:34 AM
I really wish Goulets would go back to their realistic & clear photos and drop this blurred artistic stuff that came with the site revamp so we can actually see what the pens are like, as in the case of the Jinhao.

I find the blurred edge or inner-glow effect quite annoying too. So 80's. :lazy2:

RayCornett
April 7th, 2015, 12:20 PM
Danitrio Phantas III Snake. Discontinued over 20 years ago. This is a prototype.

foreign export
April 9th, 2015, 08:06 AM
Waiting for visconti Homo sapiens and Oma's 360 vintage

lowjax
April 9th, 2015, 06:24 PM
Platinum 3778 Century. Bourgogne, Fine Nib. Hasn't left Japan yet, so it might be a month before it arrives.

http://ep.yimg.com/ay/yhst-40997485717836/platinum-3776-century-fountain-pen-bourgogne-soft-fine-nib-4.jpg

Pilot Prera, Slate Gray, Fine Nib. Should be here next week.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31CyBlnOsFL.jpg

Hawk
April 9th, 2015, 07:01 PM
I just received my Pelikan M405, black w/F nib. It goes well with the larger Pelikan's and a couple of older Pelikan's in my collection.

ilangai
April 11th, 2015, 01:43 PM
Finally got my hands on a Jean-Pierre Lépine Indigo in Tortoiseshell/Honey Noir acrylic..
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04/11/520dd8f7e895dceaf0faf46dee36b883.jpg
I've been putting this down for more than a year, and each time I've finally decided on getting one, this material was out of stock..

rpsyed
April 12th, 2015, 10:47 PM
I've been interested in those Eboya pens, I'd be interested in hearing how it turns out.
I'll definitely write up a review after I've had a chance to use it, though it may be a while. I believe AltecGreen has one. It was his posts about the LA Pen Show that introduced me to the brand, I hope he'll one day write a review on his pen or share some of his thoughts on it. There's a couple people on FPN who have mentioned having Eboya's. Seems to be good reviews so far, but it's small sample size. From what I understand, it's one guy who does everything, from turning the pens, crafting the filling mechanisms (on their eyedropper and button-filler pens), and tunes their nibs.

erpe
April 15th, 2015, 08:05 AM
In transit Delta The Journal in Olive. No idea when it will be here but aren't we the patient type?
NOT! :)

lowjax
April 15th, 2015, 10:40 AM
Lots of Goodies are supposed to be arriving today.

Gray Pilot Prera, Fine
Burgundy TWSBI Classic, Fine
Some converters, Pen Trays, a Desk business card holder w/pen hole.
Lots of Inks: 2 Bottles of Iroshizuku, 3 bottles of Diamine, and 2 bottles of Sailor Jentle.

Can't wait to get home and get all the packages tonight. Should be 4 of them waiting for me.

ilangai
April 15th, 2015, 04:50 PM
Finally got my hands on a Jean-Pierre Lépine Indigo in Tortoiseshell/Honey Noir acrylic..
I've been putting this down for more than a year, and each time I've finally decided on getting one, this material was out of stock..

So, of course something had to happened.

Just before the seller sent me the pen, he inspected it and found the barrel to be cracked.
Naturally, this was the last at this finish.. So instead, i'm now waiting on a Marbled Orange version of this pen.

Maybe one day i'll get this Tortoise..

manoeuver
April 16th, 2015, 01:52 PM
My Conid Minimalistica is en route.
I was drunk when I ordered it and I'll be drinking til it gets here...
http://www.conidpen.com/images/collection/Minimalistica_024.jpg

rrrrrrrrgh!

Crazyorange
April 16th, 2015, 03:27 PM

rrrrrrrrgh!

You've got good taste when drunk. That's a sleek pen.

klpeabody
April 16th, 2015, 03:32 PM

rrrrrrrrgh!

You've got good taste when drunk. That's a sleek pen.

I completely agree. Please post photos when it arrives. =)

kaisnowbird
April 16th, 2015, 03:49 PM

Just before the seller sent me the pen, he inspected it and found the barrel to be cracked.
Naturally, this was the last at this finish.. So instead, i'm now waiting on a Marbled Orange version of this pen.

Sorry to hear that man.

I saw your post the other day, couldn't help myself and promptly bought one from ebay the next day. :redface: It arrived with a spare cartridge solidly stuck in the barrel. No amount of shaking or banging could loosen it. I had to drill through it, drain all the ink, and find a pair of tiny tweezers to yank it out of the pen.

None of these babies come easy...

Ste_S
April 16th, 2015, 04:25 PM
In transit Delta The Journal in Olive. No idea when it will be here but aren't we the patient type?
NOT! :)

I love me a Delta Journal (and any of the Delta steel nibbed pens), a bargain for the quality they represent

ilangai
April 16th, 2015, 11:26 PM

Sorry to hear that man.

I saw your post the other day, couldn't help myself and promptly bought one from ebay the next day. :redface: It arrived with a spare cartridge solidly stuck in the barrel. No amount of shaking or banging could loosen it. I had to drill through it, drain all the ink, and find a pair of tiny tweezers to yank it out of the pen.

None of these babies come easy...

Those babies are so small.. That i'm not surprised your's got stuck :p

What finish did you get? Found another tortoise?!

kaisnowbird
April 17th, 2015, 05:58 AM

I'm afraid so sir.

ilangai
April 17th, 2015, 07:46 AM

I'm afraid so sir.

As i've already received my Orange Marble, i'm still satisfied.. but might consider getting another one ;)
Can you point me to where you got yours?

gweddig
April 17th, 2015, 08:54 AM
I was drunk when I ordered it...

Me too! #17/50 arrived yesterday. Seems solid so far.

kaisnowbird
April 17th, 2015, 08:57 AM

I'm afraid so sir.

As i've already received my Orange Marble, i'm still satisfied.. but might consider getting another one ;)
Can you point me to where you got yours?

An ebay seller - he/she only had one though.
Glad to hear that you are happy with the orange marble.
The one I wanted the most is the 'purple night' finish, but couldn't find one at the right price.

bluefeathers
April 18th, 2015, 08:19 AM
A blue striped Pelikan M400 and a white tortoise M600 finally! Yes, I went a little Pelikan crazy this month. I can't wait to get them!!! have to be patient a week or two more though...

gweddig
April 19th, 2015, 04:22 PM
I was drunk when I ordered it...

Me too! #17/50 arrived yesterday. Seems solid so far.

Just a few shots of it, I got the standard M steel nib. So far so good. Thanks Conid!
ETA: The smudge on the barrel is from the "tack" I use for photos, not any deficiency in the finishing.

http://fpgeeks.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=18182&d=1429481671

http://fpgeeks.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=18181&d=1429481639

http://fpgeeks.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=18180&d=1429481624

Alanc
April 22nd, 2015, 11:04 AM
Have just placed an order for four new Pelikan Fountain Pens. They seem to be getting less available in the UK and I like them!
Hopefully should arrive this Friday 24th.

M101N Red Tortoise, Fine nib,
M101N Lizard, Medium nib,
M605 Marine Blue, Broad nib
M600 Vibrant Green, Medium nib

Roll on Friday!

ilangai
April 22nd, 2015, 01:25 PM
Have just placed an order for four new Pelikan Fountain Pens. They seem to be getting less available in the UK and I like them!

Roll on Friday!

:rockon:

kaisnowbird
April 22nd, 2015, 04:57 PM

Roll on Friday!

:rockon:

Wow! They are certainly becoming less available after your acquisition. :D
Be sure to show us some pics when they arrive.

Alanc
April 24th, 2015, 09:36 AM

Roll on Friday!

Disappointed, I can't believe that Royal Mail has let me down today!
The retailer is not too happy either, they paid extra for a guaranteed 1 pm delivery.
See what happens tomorrow!

sgtstretch
April 24th, 2015, 09:49 AM
I'm eagerly waiting for a Pilot Prera calligraphy, TWSBI Vac700 with a broad nib, and 2 fine nibs, and a Jinhao 159. They should be here early next week.

Alanc
April 25th, 2015, 08:30 AM

Roll on Friday!

Disappointed, I can't believe that Royal Mail has let me down today!
The retailer is not too happy either, they paid extra for a guaranteed 1 pm delivery.
See what happens tomorrow!

Got them, a day late!

lowks
April 25th, 2015, 10:34 AM
Two sheaffer Targas and one Sheaffer snorkel admiral.

KrazyIvan
April 25th, 2015, 10:36 AM
Onoto 1201 plunger filler, the blue one in grandmia's picture. http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04/25/34e39714227e6ba646652b90ccaffa4e.jpg

carlc
April 25th, 2015, 12:08 PM
Onoto 1201 plunger filler, the blue one in grandmia's picture. http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04/25/34e39714227e6ba646652b90ccaffa4e.jpg

Yet another pen I've never seen or heard of before.

I love this thread.

earthdawn
April 28th, 2015, 12:43 AM
Well I waited and waited and wanted to be sure I really wanted this pen... So after watching the reviews and reading them again I decided on a Fine with this one... my first Ti nib... looking forward to it.

carlc
April 29th, 2015, 02:01 PM
Just bought a Franklin Cristoph m27 Collegia SE in radiant red with a Masuyama broad stub off Twitter (new experience for me).

Sandy Fry
May 2nd, 2015, 07:17 PM
Waiting for Delta Giacomo Puccini LE.

David

Hanryy
May 3rd, 2015, 07:07 PM
I am waiting for a Montblanc 142 in green striated celluloid...Lets hope its in as good condition as the seller claims it to be...

Sandy Fry
May 6th, 2015, 03:02 AM
Yet another Parker 45!

David

caribbean_skye
May 6th, 2015, 05:42 AM
vintage conklin crescent filler

akapulko2020
May 6th, 2015, 05:50 AM
Purchased 2 Sheaffer Triumphs from the For Sale section of this forum.

Need to stop enteringt that part of the site [emoji27]

kaisnowbird
May 6th, 2015, 07:03 AM
Yet another Parker 45!

I'm waiting for a Parker 45 too. It'll be my first one. Nothing spectacular. I've heard plenty good things about them and thought I should give it a try before I buy one of the more exclusive finishes.

Sandy Fry
May 7th, 2015, 03:39 AM
Yet another Parker 45!

I'm waiting for a Parker 45 too. It'll be my first one. Nothing spectacular. I've heard plenty good things about them and thought I should give it a try before I buy one of the more exclusive finishes.

I have about 15 of them now. All pretty basic. Couple of flighters. Great pens. Absolute work horses.

David

migo984
May 10th, 2015, 05:09 PM
Über excited! 2 more Pilot Preras will be winging their way to me soon. I'm getting both the Prera Oeste LEs from the West Japan Stationer's Circle; the Canary Yellow and the Flamingo Pink. I've never seen either IRL so it'll be a first for me :)

earthdawn
May 10th, 2015, 11:48 PM
Edison Herald in Amber Tortoise :) Picked it up from Leigh Reyes as she was thinning her heard a little ... My first Edison !!!

Crazyorange
May 11th, 2015, 08:38 AM
Über excited! 2 more Pilot Preras will be winging their way to me soon. I'm getting both the Prera Oeste LEs from the West Japan Stationer's Circle; the Canary Yellow and the Flamingo Pink. I've never seen either IRL so it'll be a first for me :)

Ooohhhh pink!!! Post pics when you get it.

migo984
May 11th, 2015, 11:07 AM

Ooohhhh pink!!! Post pics when you get it.

You must be having a very bad influence on me somehow. I *don't* do pink! LOL

Promise pics :)

lowjax
May 11th, 2015, 12:13 PM
Bad things happen when I get bored. Sitting at my in-laws yesterday for a few hours and I started surfing eBay on my phone. A Copper Esterbrook SJ with 1551 Nib decided it wanted to get sent my way, so it's in the mail now.

kaisnowbird
May 12th, 2015, 08:41 AM
Edison Herald in Amber Tortoise :) Picked it up from Leigh Reyes as she was thinning her heard a little ... My first Edison !!!

Congrats on your first Edison! That's very attractive. :thumb:

TAYLORPUPPY
May 12th, 2015, 07:23 PM
Waiting on the Adonit Jot Script. It's a stylus.

BillPorter
May 13th, 2015, 08:08 PM
Waiting on a Monteverde Napa in ivory. Bought it the other day on eBay. Here's a pic from the Monteverde site: http://www.monteverdepens.com/napa.html