PDA

View Full Version : What Pens(s) Are You Waiting For?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

writingrav
February 9th, 2012, 06:53 PM
I have had a crazy week. I have ordered an Edison Pearlette, a Platinum Plasir and the Gate City Dunn from Richard Binder. I am going crazy waiting for the mail person. Anybody else waiting for a pen or pens?

Pinkys.Brain
February 9th, 2012, 07:49 PM
- Tombow Object with an M nib (I like the weight)
- Kaweco Sport Classic with an BB nib (as an alternative to my Kaweco with an EF nib) -> just arrived. The feed has problems keeping up with the BB nib. Need to adjust the feed...

p.s.: The Kaweco did not come in the normal cardboard box (like my first two Kawecos), but in a nicer plastic case (that fits two pens):

eriquito
February 10th, 2012, 07:34 PM
I don't currently have any pens en route via mail-type outfits. However, will be several pens sporting my name at the LA Pen Show next weekend - and I'm going crazy waiting for it to start!

Pinkys.Brain
February 10th, 2012, 09:01 PM
The Tombow Object M nib in pink arrived. It is one of the new versions (= grip section is made out of plastic). I prefer the much heavier older version, so I just switched the nib with my older black version of the pen - luckily the feed is friction-fit. Nice wet smooth writer (and fairly cheap).

Now I am waiting for my Tombow Egg rollerball pen (in white / bright blue). Should arrive on Monday.

fountainpenkid
February 11th, 2012, 06:57 AM
My first vacumatic is comin sometime this weekend! And yes, I am mail crazy at the moment.....

softouch
February 11th, 2012, 09:45 AM
Waiting for a Dragon from Nakaya.

writingrav
February 12th, 2012, 06:15 AM
My Edison Pearlette arrived and it is a stunner! It has immediately gone to pride of place in my rotation. It writes perfectly, is very well balanced in my hand with or without posting. The blue-black swirl I ordered is subtle giving the pen a classic black look at first glance, but changing as one gets closer. I also have an Edison Herald which I love, but its paisley swirl and longer length is less conducive to my pocket. So the Pearlete is first out of my pocked, the Herald first out of my case. One wait down, two to go.

jor412
February 12th, 2012, 06:50 AM
I'm waiting for an Esterbrook dip-less pen set, a Noodler's flex, and a Noodler's Ahab (plus some ink!).

dannzeman
February 12th, 2012, 05:57 PM
I'm waiting for a Pelikan M600 in honey tortoise with a BB nib. I can hardly contain myself.

Gonzo
February 13th, 2012, 10:00 AM
Just ordered a Visconti Homo Sapiens Steel Age full size B nib. Almost ordered the oversize, and realized I still need beer money! STOKED!

BK_Starkey
February 13th, 2012, 12:49 PM
Hoping for a TWSBI 540 clear when they become available again!
Would be the first pen for me in a while and I am really anxious to get my hands on one.

fountainpenkid
February 13th, 2012, 07:45 PM
Lucky duck!

writingrav
February 14th, 2012, 05:33 PM
So now its two down and one to go. The Platinum Plasir has not arrived. But who cares when I've got a New Dunn. What a spectacular pen! The service and care of Richard and Barbara Binder really shows, and it fills with a button sort of contraption that is fairly unique and, most importantly, writes like a dream.

Tracy Lee
February 15th, 2012, 04:27 AM
Okay, I am a little ashamed. I am drumming my fingers for the arrival of my new Droid today. I am hopelessly addicted to my portable technology BUT I did order a Bamboo pen from Wacom. It has the touch screen end so you can avoid fingerprints all over everything, and is a pen the other way. Barely counts here, but maybe just a teeny bit? That arrives today, too. In bright green, of course. :p

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

writingrav
February 16th, 2012, 07:33 PM
No sooner had all of the pens previously ordered arrived did I set out to have more stuff to wait for. today I scored two items off ebay. First a 48 pen leather case which I am now waiting for and then a Reform 1745 (new!) that I am waiting for. both come from outside the US, so the wait will be substantial.

dannzeman
February 17th, 2012, 12:35 AM
I'm waiting on this guy:

peterpen53
February 17th, 2012, 10:54 AM
At the moment I'm not waiting for any pens, but I was waiting for my Penvelope 6 and it arrived just this afternoon! A very nice piece of leatherware in Boot-Brown. Thanks for pointing these out, Mr Smith!
Together with my trusty old Lamy 4-pen water buffalo case this will nicely cater for all my inked pens...for the time being.

KrazyIvan
February 17th, 2012, 07:03 PM
I have been wanting one for a while and now that the price went down by half, I ordered a Schrade Tactical Fountain Pen. :) The all black metal pen goes with my cape. :P

writingrav
February 18th, 2012, 12:48 PM
I'm waiting on this guy:

Gorgeous!

manoli
February 19th, 2012, 09:10 PM
Hoping for a TWSBI 540 clear when they become available again!
Would be the first pen for me in a while and I am really anxious to get my hands on one.

I just saw some over on Amazon yesterday and they were direct from TWSBI and I think the shipping
charge was FREE. Good luck over there. Manny D.

Peter
February 20th, 2012, 12:39 PM
Awaiting an Onoto Nickelby! Ordered with a stub nib - planning to use this instead of my MB146 as my daily writer.

inky
February 21st, 2012, 07:23 AM
I'm waiting for a Lamy 2000 with F nib, a Parker 51 Special and in March I'll be waiting for a custom Edison Pearl in Red/Black ebonite with a bulb filler! That'll be it for pen purchases for awhile I'm afraid!

subbes
February 21st, 2012, 03:48 PM
I, er...

(COUGHS IN EMBARRASSMENT.)

Somehow, I...

(SHUFFLES FEET.)

somehow i ended up buying 9 pens in one evening, 4 of them Mabie Todds

(LOOKS AROUND, SPOTS HUSBAND, QUICKLY CLOSES BROWSER WINDOW AND ATTEMPTS TO LOOK INNOCENT.)

AndyLa
February 22nd, 2012, 06:00 AM
A snorkel and an azure parker vacumatic BB stubish nib. Friday cant come soon enough!

writingrav
February 22nd, 2012, 09:35 AM
I, er...

(COUGHS IN EMBARRASSMENT.)

Somehow, I...

(SHUFFLES FEET.)

somehow i ended up buying 9 pens in one evening, 4 of them Mabie Todds

(LOOKS AROUND, SPOTS HUSBAND, QUICKLY CLOSES BROWSER WINDOW AND ATTEMPTS TO LOOK INNOCENT.)

Yikes. That beats my record!!

writingrav
February 22nd, 2012, 09:39 AM
While Subbs has certainly got me beat, I am now waiting for a Taccia Stuccato, A Franklin-Christophe 25, a Jinhao 750 and a vintage Paule E. Wirt Gold nib mini dip pen. Yikes myself!

mikefromsac
February 22nd, 2012, 01:53 PM
I've got a MB 146 (my first 146) in the mail from an estate sale. I've got my MB 144 up on eBay to help fund this. I was never happy with the size of the 144, so I took the next step. I'll probably order another TWSBI next week once the demonstrators are back in stock.

Petergly
February 23rd, 2012, 12:27 AM
Not a pen, but it goes with my Rotring 600 FP with left-handed nib: a Rotring 600 pencil with 2mm lead.

Ciao,

Pete Mac in Melbourne

Pinkys.Brain
March 2nd, 2012, 12:05 PM
- Montblanc 32 (or maybe 34). Hopefully no cracks in the grip section...If it's okay it will replace my old MB34 which has cracks in the plastic near the nib - I read that is a common problem with the 32s and 34s). (ebay)

- White German Stella fp from the 1950's. Better than the reform 1745? Let's wait and see. At least it looks better. (ebay)

- Kaweco Sport Classic FP and Ballpoint, white with black speckles. (ebay)

Update:
The Kaweco set arrived. They aren't the newest model of Kaweco Sport Classic: The colour isn't available anymore and the nib of the fountain pen is also different: It has a fair amount of springiness(?), about as much as the Reform 1745. And the feed is juicier than the one in the current line of KSC and really fits the smooth M nib writes. Maybe the feed will fit into a current version fo the KSC. I'll have to test that.
As for the ballpoint pen: The clicking mechanism is great, the feel/size is great, but the ballpoint fill is awfull. Maybe it just is too old (it is made by Schneider). I'd have to buy a newer fill, but I probably won't use the ballpoint anyway.

manoeuver
March 3rd, 2012, 08:37 PM
waiting on a 1.1mm stub for my new TWSBI.

fountainpenkid
March 5th, 2012, 06:02 PM
i'm sending off the pen i just got (but not with out a good review first!) in trade for a pleikan m400 white honey (aka. my all time Grail Pen!)

Pinkys.Brain
March 5th, 2012, 08:33 PM
i'm sending off the pen i just got (but not with out a good review first!) in trade for a pleikan m400 white honey (aka. my all time Grail Pen!)

I was shocked when I saw the pictures of your first m400. But congrats to your white tortoise m400! X)

fountainpenkid
March 6th, 2012, 12:54 PM
well, dale bebe at pentooling just crushed my dreams! the white tortoise sold :(

writingrav
March 8th, 2012, 01:08 PM
Now I'm waiting for a Bexley Jitterbug and Lamy 200. Can't wait!

writingrav
March 8th, 2012, 01:09 PM
Now I'm waiting for a Bexley Jitterbug and Lamy 200. Can't wait!
I meant 2000

fountainpenkid
March 9th, 2012, 01:46 PM
Jitterbug? I have to say, that pen looks VERY uncomfortable and weird, though the idea of a vintage clip is cool..

Brian Anderson
March 9th, 2012, 04:04 PM
I'm awaiting a Lamy AL-Star in graphite. An inexpensive pen I know, but am very interested in trying one out for the first time and I do like the overall industrial look of the pen. Also waiting on my TWSBI ink bottle in blue. I ordered one for myself, had it sent to the Baltimore show, but ended up selling it to a customer. Now they are on backorder from TWSBI. Supposedly in stock next week so I can order another!

peterpen53
March 10th, 2012, 11:04 AM
My Twisby's have shipped yesterday night from The Writing Desk. One amber, one clear, each with a different stub. Now we will see if they are really that good.

Cheers,
Peter

AndyLa
March 10th, 2012, 02:32 PM
Green parker vacumatic

fountainpenkid
March 10th, 2012, 04:04 PM
ah...the one from tyler dahl, no?

AndyLa
March 10th, 2012, 08:17 PM
Nope. This was an ebay purchase. I already have the one tyler dahl originally restored (bought it from someone else on fpn). The section is a bit loose and tyler graciously agreed to take a look at it for me. Maybe ill bring it to the show :P.

writingrav
March 11th, 2012, 01:27 PM
Jitterbug? I have to say, that pen looks VERY uncomfortable and weird, though the idea of a vintage clip is cool..
Can't be worse than the Passporta, which I already have.

fountainpenkid
March 12th, 2012, 01:24 PM
WEll, I tried the jettierbug at the LOng island pen show, and it's actually not as weird as I thought. I talked to barbra binder about it--she had some interesting things to say!

writingrav
March 12th, 2012, 08:28 PM
WEll, I tried the jettierbug at the LOng island pen show, and it's actually not as weird as I thought. I talked to barbra binder about it--she had some interesting things to say!

Do tell!

writingrav
March 12th, 2012, 08:32 PM
My Lamy 2000 arrived today. Even the Awesome Review does not quite do it justice. It is going to be hard to write with anything else.

dannzeman
March 12th, 2012, 09:18 PM
My Lamy 2000 arrived today. Even the Awesome Review does not quite do it justice. It is going to be hard to write with anything else.
This is exactly what we like to hear! I'm very happy to hear you've added such a great pen to your collection and that you, too, think it's a great pen.

dgator
March 14th, 2012, 07:23 PM
Awaiting a Parker Duofold Jr.

Jon Szanto
March 14th, 2012, 07:47 PM
Two pens:

A green Estie J transitional, bought mainly for the nib (2314-M) and to practice restoration
An Estie DipLess desk pen, which has the bonus of the seller writing after the winning bid that he discovered there were two pens, the second with a red Lucite stem (which I've been wanting A LOT) and he is throwing it in for free (partly because the nib is damages)

Should be some fun when they arrive. The last two pens that came a few days ago were prototype Celluloid pens from a Dutch company called "Pontiac", NOS pens from the 50's that had never seen the light of day. Great, full size pens with decent modern nibs (they didn't have nibs when the fellow bought the lot). Those pens have turned out to be a blast to ink up!

peterpen53
March 15th, 2012, 09:08 AM
Two pens:

A green Estie J transitional, bought mainly for the nib (2314-M) and to practice restoration
An Estie DipLess desk pen, which has the bonus of the seller writing after the winning bid that he discovered there were two pens, the second with a red Lucite stem (which I've been wanting A LOT) and he is throwing it in for free (partly because the nib is damages)

Should be some fun when they arrive. The last two pens that came a few days ago were prototype Celluloid pens from a Dutch company called "Pontiac", NOS pens from the 50's that had never seen the light of day. Great, full size pens with decent modern nibs (they didn't have nibs when the fellow bought the lot). Those pens have turned out to be a blast to ink up!

Jon,

Could you post a picture of those Pontiacs? Despite being Dutch I have never heard of the brand and I couldn't find any information on it.

Thanks,
Peter

Jon Szanto
March 16th, 2012, 12:38 AM
I saw these in an ad placed both on FPN and the Fountain Pen Board. The description was as follows:

Some time ago I acquired a lot of beautiful large new old stock pen bodies. Bodies, because they came to me without nibs and without clips. The rest was complete, brand new, old unfinished stock from a forgotten Dutch Brand. The pens showed no branding, except for just 1 piece that I will keep for myself… That one has the brand name 'Pontiac' on the barrel. On page 334 of Andreas Lambrou's book Fountain Pens Of The World, Pontiac is in the large list of Dutch fountain pen manufactures, importers and locally assembled pens.

Actually a lot of these Dutch brands were assembled from parts that were manufactured mostly in Germany. This lot was such an assembly brand. I think this lot is (part of) an unfinished prototype series that has never been issued on the market.

The pens came in blue, green or golden brown, in a stunning herringbone pattern. The blue pens were just a small quantity and I have just 2 left that I want to keep in my own collection. The green and brown pens are available. I have 12 pieces of each of the 2 colors. The pens never saw ink, and were obviously very well stored. When I received them they were still in their original paper wrappers). The rubber sacs of the pens where almost all still in a perfect condition. In the few pens where the sacs were not 100% I changed them for modern silicone sacs.

I happened to have a small stock of clips that wonderfully fitted these pens. Finally I completed the pens with nice new gold plated steel nibs of the right size, with a smoothly writing F/M nib.

Here are the specs:

Origin: Netherlands/Germany
Brand and Model: Presumably 'Pontiac'. No branding on the pens.
Material: Cap and barrel: green, aqua blue or golden brown celluloid in a herringbone pattern.
Top cap, blind cap, section and feeder: Hard Rubber (Ebonite).
Cap rings and clip: gold plated brass.
Nib: New GP steel IPG 'Paboluo' Iridium tipped M/F.
Filling system: Button filler with the original large rubber sacs in perfect condition. Takes > 1.5 ml ink!
Condition: Never used . Completed by me with N.O.S. clips and nibs.

All pens have been individually tested. They fill OK and are ready for writing.

Measures (in mm):
length closed: 148
posted: 172 (!), w/o cap: 129
cap: 73
diameter over barrel: 13.2
diameter over cap: 14.7

One of the pens is a completely great writer, and the other just needs a bit of tweaking to the nib. Being celluloid pens, they aren't particularly heavy, but because of their size and girth, they feel very comfortable in hand. the 'ring' of the clip isn't a perfect fit - it's a tiny bit too big, and sticks out from the pen by just the tiniest of margins, but these were not so expensive that I felt "hey, here's a chance to have something fairly unique". And I'm glad I got them.

KrazyIvan
March 16th, 2012, 08:54 AM
I saw those and was going to inquire about the blue one until the QA section had a post about it being sold already. :(

I am waiting on a pen from India. Hari sold me a Airmail/Wality "Black Beauty" FP-Piston Filler, the flat top version. He had actually already sold the one flat top he had for sale and decided to let me take the pen from his personal collection.

fountainpenkid
March 16th, 2012, 04:31 PM
got parker duofold junior!!!

writingrav
March 16th, 2012, 09:31 PM
Now waiting for a sailor Sapporo clear demonstrator with a music nib.

Pinkys.Brain
March 17th, 2012, 03:53 AM
Got the Montblanc 34 (mint condition, stub/b gold nib) and the 60's Stella (mint condition m/f nib). I also got another package ^^

peterpen53
March 17th, 2012, 12:01 PM
@Jon - These are great-looking pens! And if they write well, nice catch! I did find the mention in Lambrou's book, but that's really all it is: a mention. Next time I see the Akkerman store's sales manager I'm still going to ask him. He is a virtual walking Pencyclopedia.

Cheers,
Peter

Jon Szanto
March 17th, 2012, 03:29 PM
Next time I see the Akkerman store's sales manager I'm still going to ask him. He is a virtual walking Pencyclopedia.
Yeah, I looked in Andy's book, too, for deeper info, but alas. I'll be curious if you come up with anything else, let me know either through PM or back on a thread. I sure with I could get a bottle or two of that Akkerman ink in the amazing bottles, but I think shipping and taxes to the US just adds up to too much.

I wish Akkerman had a presence on the web, but I think they are very "old world".

peterpen53
March 18th, 2012, 08:01 AM
Yeah, I looked in Andy's book, too, for deeper info, but alas. I'll be curious if you come up with anything else, let me know either through PM or back on a thread. I sure with I could get a bottle or two of that Akkerman ink in the amazing bottles, but I think shipping and taxes to the US just adds up to too much.

I wish Akkerman had a presence on the web, but I think they are very "old world".

Indeed they are, which does not mean to say they are not customer-friendly. But when I was there early January I heard they would be redesigning their website, to get more of a web-presence. Don't think they are in a hurry though. But perhaps they are feeling some competition from "La Couronne du Compte", more to the south of the country. Its owner is much younger and he started out as a webstore from his home some 4 or 5 years ago and opened a B&M store only about 2 years ago. He offers a wide range of brands, including the high-end ones I used to buy at Akkerman's, and he has built himself a stellar reputation for customer service (no affiliation, just recently experienced it myself). And BTW, he offers Iroshizuku at € 30/bottle, which is why...

I feel for you on the Akkerman ink. These are great bottles and very handy when you have to fill your pen from the last bit. Their shipping charges are probably so high because these are large bottles (150 ml) and I'm sure they would pack them very securely.
I also heard a rumor that their ink is supplied by Diamine, but it was unclear whether the coulours were proprietary or standard. If you are mainly interested in this type of bottle you might like to know that they were fashioned after the old Jif-Waterman bottles (these were round, the Akkerman bottles are octagonal). This model was later adopted by Gimborn until 1934 and later made in the faceted form from 1936 to 1965 (information taken from the book Akkerman published at their centenary 2 years ago). Perhaps a search on eBay or a visit to a flea market or antique shop might get you something.

Cheers,
Peter

Jon Szanto
March 18th, 2012, 12:42 PM
Thanks, Peter, for all that local info. I certainly don't have any problem with a business that hasn't completely embraced the net, I just know that it will have to be done at some point to compete with others, as you so well document.

Yeah, I'm not holding my breath for one of those bottles, though I think if someone came up with a design like this just to sell so you could pour your favorite ink into, it would do well. I'll keep my eyes out for the following...

JustDaveyB
March 19th, 2012, 06:22 AM
Two more Pelikan M620s, a Shanghai and a Madrid

Pinkys.Brain
March 19th, 2012, 01:31 PM
Another cheap (ebay: 18,50€) German fountain pen from the 60's: Geha 790 school fountain pen (http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=135998), piston filler with a stell M(?) nib, ink reservoir...

The pen has a name engraved, but I can live with that. Maybe I can carefully remove that... :confused:

Last FP shopping before Japan.

fountainpenkid
March 22nd, 2012, 04:23 PM
Sheaffer Snorkel!

KrazyIvan
March 22nd, 2012, 05:05 PM
Just received my Airmail/Wality "Black Beauty" piston filler. Very smooth but veryfine nib. I especially like the big ink window. Pictures will be uploaded later.

KrazyIvan
March 23rd, 2012, 10:15 AM
A Geha Stainless model. Not quite sure of the model number but I liked the look of the pen. Very Lamy.

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/GEHA-70S-GERMANY-BRUSHED-STAINLESS-STEEL-FOUNTAIN-PEN-M-14K-NIB-INCL-CONVERTER-/00/s/MTA2MlgxNjAw/$(KGrHqR,!oIE9c0+bqnnBPYPlYc++!~~60_57.JPG

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/GEHA-70S-GERMANY-BRUSHED-STAINLESS-STEEL-FOUNTAIN-PEN-M-14K-NIB-INCL-CONVERTER-/00/s/MTA2MlgxNjAw/$(KGrHqR,!igE8g!-0bLKBPYPl181kQ~~60_57.JPG

Images are not mine. still waiting for delivery.

Pinkys.Brain
March 23rd, 2012, 12:55 PM
I got my GEHA Schulfüller (school fountain pen) today. It's a model from the 60's and has an ink reservoir. A nice piston filler, but it needed a lot of nib tweaking (=scratchy as hell). It is the flexiest pen I have got so far (goes from F to about 1,5mm). I can't use the flex as I am left-handed, but the added springiness of the nib is very welcome.

I'm more and more falling in love with German 50's-70's school/student pens: Cheap, piston fillers, easy to maintain, nice springy fine to medium nibs.

KrazyIvan
March 27th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Not a whole pen but a Kaweco Sport Classic 1.1 mm stub and clip. Also a couple of Chinese pens with one Pilot 78G with a broad stub thrown in to balance it all out. :p

dannzeman
March 27th, 2012, 03:25 PM
I'm waiting on two Parker Vacumatic Shadow Waves for my personal collection, a Waterman Hundred Year Pen, and another vintage Aurora 88 w/ a Nikargenta cap.

writingrav
March 27th, 2012, 08:47 PM
Now waiting for a Namiki Vanishing point from an ebay auction win.

jor412
March 28th, 2012, 08:26 AM
I'm waiting again: another bottle of ink, a black Ahab (thanks to fpgeeks!), and a black Sheaffer Snorkel with a triumph nib. :)

KrazyIvan
March 28th, 2012, 08:32 AM
I'm waiting on two Parker Vacumatic Shadow Waves for my personal collection, a Waterman Hundred Year Pen, and another vintage Aurora 88 w/ a Nikargenta cap.

Which color is the Waterman?

writingrav
March 30th, 2012, 10:04 AM
Is it legal to claim to be waiting for a pen I haven't bought? I'm waiting for tomorrow when I can order a Twsbi Micarta and then I'll be waiting for it.

dannzeman
March 30th, 2012, 10:09 AM
Is it legal to claim to be waiting for a pen I haven't bought? I'm waiting for tomorrow when I can order a Twsbi Micarta and then I'll be waiting for it.

I was waiting for someone to say this. I'm in the same boat. Add the one I bought on ebay last night and I'm up to 6. o.O

KrazyIvan
March 30th, 2012, 12:00 PM
Pelikan 120, green striated. Hmmm, looks like it may be the 55'-63' 140 instead. If so, I think I may have gotten it cheap. I'll have to wait until I actually get it to be sure.

manoeuver
March 30th, 2012, 12:57 PM
You guys are hardcore. I've only bought one pen in march (me twisbi.) I might be purging some unused pens soon to make some room in the pen case...

picautomaton
April 1st, 2012, 01:59 AM
TWSBI Micarta Broad nib with clip

writingrav
April 1st, 2012, 05:36 AM
Congrats picautomaton, I too succeeded and am now waiting for a TWSBI Micarta and also chose with the clip, though it was a tough decision, and chose the medium nib. I couldn't help wonder how many pens they sold on the first day of sales? Geeks, any way to find out?

fountainpenkid
April 1st, 2012, 09:26 AM
My pelikan m400 arrives tomarrow! (back from the repair shop.....:)

Lince
April 1st, 2012, 08:36 PM
Micarta, clip broad. didn't like the price but since the beginning the material and shape wanted a place in my collection.

picautomaton
April 1st, 2012, 08:45 PM
Thanks writingrav, and congrats to you on your purchase. 100 bucs for a pen made in a run of a thousand seems good value to me. That makes the Micarta a limited edition of sorts. I can't wait...

The Follows
April 1st, 2012, 09:09 PM
TWSBI Micarta fine no clip
Edison Pearl 2012 LE Cobalt Fleck

Do wishes count? The Delta Dolce Vita Oro is on my summer list (to buy)!

Markthetruck
April 1st, 2012, 11:23 PM
I'm green

Markthetruck
April 1st, 2012, 11:25 PM
I've got a Parker Geometric on the way... and about 100 or so yet to restore!!

writingrav
April 2nd, 2012, 05:06 AM
Thanks writingrav, and congrats to you on your purchase. 100 bucs for a pen made in a run of a thousand seems good value to me. That makes the Micarta a limited edition of sorts. I can't wait...

Agreed. No problem with the price and the material is truly intriguing.

Bogon07
April 6th, 2012, 01:53 AM
Just ordered a Lamy Joy 1.9mm italic nib and converter

fountainpenkid
April 6th, 2012, 07:44 AM
Pelikan m400 White Tortoise!!!!

Bogon07
April 6th, 2012, 08:16 PM
Pelikan m400 White Tortoise!!!!
Oooh nice.

KrazyIvan
April 6th, 2012, 10:03 PM
So you managed a trade, FPK?

Beadnit
April 6th, 2012, 11:04 PM
I'm waiting for a TWSBI Micarta and an italic Shaeffer from Greg Minuskin. Thanks for the tip, FPGeeks!

manoeuver
April 7th, 2012, 12:08 PM
My first Kaweco is on the way from Jetpens. A classic Sport in clear with an EF nib. and a preppy in black to putz around with. prolly do an eyedropper conversion (maybe on both.) wheee!

KrazyIvan
April 7th, 2012, 12:31 PM
I inked up my Kaweco Sport since I just got the 1.1 mm nib and clip for it. Loving the 1.1 mm nib.

@penfancy
April 7th, 2012, 05:17 PM
Parker Duofold from Greg Minuskin and I would love to get an Al Kaweko sport. I'm still playing with my new TSWBI 540.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

AndyLa
April 8th, 2012, 06:19 AM
Black Pelikan m200 with italic nib and Pelikan brown tortoise with medium nib.

inky
April 10th, 2012, 06:05 AM
Waiting for my TWSBI Micarta! It's been a long wait. Ordered it the day it came out and have been watching it slowly make the trip from LA to St. Louis Missouri ever since... I think it was put on the slowest Fed-Ex truck in their fleet. Just made it to the outskirts of St. Louis last night and it's supposed to take another day to get to my house 20 Minutes away! :confused: Oh well, I will have my bottle of Kon-Peki delivered on the same day so maybe it's for the best :)

KrazyIvan
April 10th, 2012, 09:20 AM
Waiting anxiously for a Pilot Namiki Custom 742 with the Su (stub) nib in the medium size. Also ordered a leather pen case that holds 12 pens. I have pretty much wiped out my fountain pen fund. Going back to saving mode again.

writingrav
April 10th, 2012, 10:05 AM
Still awaiting the Micarta. Eighth day.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

The Follows
April 10th, 2012, 11:59 AM
Still awaiting the Micarta. Eighth day.

Got my Micarta EF no clip yesterday...inked with Waterman Florida Blue... still has that new pen smell :D

writingrav
April 10th, 2012, 01:23 PM
Finally. It is here. W/clip, M nib, inked with Noodler's Brown

fountainpenkid
April 10th, 2012, 01:31 PM
Waiting For:

Pelikan m400 White Tortoise (!!!!!!)

Sheaffer Snorkel

Sheaffer Triumph Sentinel

Will Buy:
Early Parker Vacumatic in Red

TWSBI Mini

Struthious
April 10th, 2012, 03:31 PM
I ordered 2 Kaweco Ice Sports from the Goulet Pen Co. One blue w/a 1.2 calligraphy nib, the other red w/a 1.1 calligraphy nib.

I like that they'll let you order a calligraphy nib for a few dollars extra, rather than buy a full pen w /nib and then an additional separate nib. :)

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk 2

@penfancy
April 10th, 2012, 05:18 PM
Gonzo, I'm stoked for you! That's a great lookin' pen!

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

Parker Quink Turquoise
April 12th, 2012, 02:58 PM
A Canadian made Sheaffer Snorkel.

jotterius
April 17th, 2012, 04:36 AM
A fisher space pen shuttle series chrome and black

And I just ordered a Bexley BX802 onyx for a truly amazing price:D

fountainpenkid
April 17th, 2012, 07:41 AM
Possibly now a Sheaffer Vac fill!

KrazyIvan
April 17th, 2012, 08:35 AM
Seller just told me that my Namiki/Pilot Custom 742 is on back order. :( I have to wait a month.

etoyoc
April 17th, 2012, 09:19 AM
Deccan Ambassador
Ranga model 4
Lamy Apple Green Safari
and of course... TWSBI 700.. been waiting to even place the order

Parker Quink Turquoise
April 17th, 2012, 09:32 AM
A Canadian manufactured pastal green Sheaffer Snorkel.

fountainpenkid
April 17th, 2012, 10:04 AM
Pelikan m400 White tortoise is off :( my dad refuses to sell the m400 i have, so I will have to forget about ever getting that pen......

But, I still have a couple vintage pens waiting for me!

GilsDesk
April 17th, 2012, 10:15 AM
I'm really wanting a twsbi micarta at the moment, but I'm not sure I want to order one from them and take the chance that it looks too light or has a vastly different level of color between the pen and cap. I think I'll wait for a while and buy one that I can see pictures of first, like on eBay or something, so I get a nice dark one with a matching cap and body (no clip, thanks).

@penfancy
April 17th, 2012, 10:50 AM
Parker Duofold from Greg Minuskin and I would love to get an Al Kaweko sport. I'm still playing with my new TSWBI 540.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

Got the Parker yesterday. Its not Duofold, it's a Challenger deluxe circa late thirties early forties.. The italic nib on it is incredible! Much smaller than I expected as it's the slender school model. Button filler and visiometer window.http://img.tapatalk.com/d03653ad-9f5b-f73f.jpg

Bogon07
April 17th, 2012, 04:17 PM
Just ordered a Lamy Joy 1.9mm italic nib and converter

Picked it up from the PostOffice yesterday.

KrazyIvan
April 17th, 2012, 05:18 PM
Picked it up from the PostOffice yesterday.

So how do you like it compared to the Safaris?

Bogon07
April 17th, 2012, 06:49 PM
Well, the Joy's front end is exactly the same with a long thin tail.
Feels odd posting the cap but it stays there ok, however I think it will be used mostly without the cap. It is definately a stay at home pen, you wouldn't want to pocket it.
At least now there is a shiny black Darth Vader pen in my collection.

The 1.9mm Italic or calligraphy nib feels really wide. You'd really only want to use it for headings. I'm seriously thinking that I should try and use it right handed rather than left for Old English style lettering !

It is now loaded with BlackSwan in AustraliaRoses for starters.

KrazyIvan
April 18th, 2012, 09:48 AM
Well, the Joy's front end is exactly the same with a long thin tail.
Feels odd posting the cap but it stays there ok, however I think it will be used mostly without the cap. It is definately a stay at home pen, you wouldn't want to pocket it.
At least now there is a shiny black Darth Vader pen in my collection.

The 1.9mm Italic or calligraphy nib feels really wide. You'd really only want to use it for headings. I'm seriously thinking that I should try and use it right handed rather than left for Old English style lettering !

It is now loaded with BlackSwan in AustraliaRoses for starters.

Black Swan in Australian Roses is the perfect ink for that pen I think. :cool: It does look like trying to post the cap on the pen would be akward. So what does your wife think of it? :D

For everyday writing, I think anything bigger than 1.1 mm is pushing it. A 1.1 mm gives you a nice balance between the italic/stubish look for your script and line size.

I still *need* a shiney black Safari for my collection. I just wish they made the 1.1 mm nib in black too. I was thinking of transplanting the clip from my charcoal Safari to a shiney black Safari but the nib is going to ruin the look. Maybe that Monteverde stylus pen is my Darth Vader Pen.

writingrav
April 19th, 2012, 04:34 AM
Now I'm waiting for an Edison Encore.

fountainpenkid
April 19th, 2012, 09:10 AM
Nice! Be sure to due a review with a size comparison....as I'm kinda interested if this pen is the same size as an m200/400.....!

Will

KrazyIvan
April 19th, 2012, 09:19 AM
Nice! Be sure to due a review with a size comparison....as I'm kinda interested if this pen is the same size as an m200/400.....!

Will

Brian Goulet showed it on the braodcast next to an M200. It is almost exactly the same size.

KrazyIvan
April 19th, 2012, 10:42 AM
A Parker Jotter 15 with a cursive italic grind from Yong at Fountain Pen Singapore (http://www.fp-writings.blogspot.com/).

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-zaR99MY3-ZA/T4qnFibAeDI/AAAAAAAAEl8/NZqZJQ5_m1A/s1600/jotter+(5).JPG

manoeuver
April 21st, 2012, 01:26 PM
I still *need* a shiney black Safari for my collection. I just wish they made the 1.1 mm nib in black too. I was thinking of transplanting the clip from my charcoal Safari to a shiney black Safari but the nib is going to ruin the look. Maybe that Monteverde stylus pen is my Darth Vader Pen.

here's my shiney 1.1 safari. careful, the shiny safari looks considerably crappier than the charcoal right out of the box, and it scratches up real easy. I'm admittedly hard on gear (actually thought about starting a blog but hardongear.blogspot.com is somewhat problematic) but still. It's my least favorite Lamy.

maybe grind a Lamy B nib to stub on a charcoal safari and there you go. The 1.1 Lamy nibs are untipped anyway, aren't they?

fountainpenkid
April 21st, 2012, 01:51 PM
Aurora 88 Vintage! My first Italian pen of any sort!

And the m400 white tortoise of course! (I'll buy it when the pound-dollar exchange goes down again!)

manoeuver
April 21st, 2012, 01:55 PM
Aurora 88 Vintage! My first Italian pen of any sort!

excited to see this one. please post photos ASAP!

fountainpenkid
April 22nd, 2012, 07:41 AM
I haven't really got it yet....I am selling a sheaffer vac fill for $85...and that will pay for the aurora 88! And yes, as soon as I get it, I'll do a full review! I wish I had a P51 vac to compare it to though.....

Will

JustDaveyB
April 22nd, 2012, 09:09 AM
A Pelikan M620 Madrid which is waiting at the local post office and my wife will pick it up later today. That will bring my M620 collection to 8 - 4 to go...

Bogon07
April 23rd, 2012, 09:30 PM
Ordered an orange Nexx M & an Apple Green Safari from malaysia and UK respectively. The Nexx has a few days headstart so it will the interesting to see which one arrives first.

here's my shiney 1.1 safari. careful, the shiny safari looks considerably crappier than the charcoal right out of the box, and it scratches up real easy. I'm admittedly hard on gear (actually thought about starting a blog but hardongear.blogspot.com is somewhat problematic) but still. It's my least favorite Lamy.

maybe grind a Lamy B nib to stub on a charcoal safari and there you go. The 1.1 Lamy nibs are untipped anyway, aren't they?

Manoeuver, at first glance the Safari in the thumbnail looks like very dark black/green. The among the Ford Laser's in 1994 there was an EbonyGreen colour similar to that which would like very nice as a Safari.
I was always worried the glossy black Safari would show up any wear really easily although oddly enough the glossy yellow seems to handle wear pretty well so far.

KrazyIvan
April 23rd, 2012, 09:32 PM
Hmmm, sounds like the Kaweco Classic Sport. It shows the cap scratches on the barrel really bad.

etoyoc
April 24th, 2012, 04:22 PM
Apple green safari arrived today. A Deccan Ambassador is at the post office. The Ranga is someplace between here and customs. The B&B LE pen... is a long way off.. .

manoeuver
April 25th, 2012, 09:52 AM
Hmmm, sounds like the Kaweco Classic Sport. It shows the cap scratches on the barrel really bad.Oh yeah, cap scratches, body scratches, pocket wear. It's like pocket patina. I'm ok with it now but I was pretty disappointed when it started happening.

KrazyIvan
April 25th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Oh yeah, cap scratches, body scratches, pocket wear. It's like pocket patina. I'm ok with it now but I was pretty disappointed when it started happening.

I wanted one but maybe not anymore. :eek: That is the only thing that bugs me of the Kaweco Sport. My Parker Duofold Jr. is also starting to show some more scratching on the barrel from posting the cap. :( I don't want to polish it anymore since the imprint is just about gone. I guess the scratches just come with the territory. That is mainly why I don't post but with these tiny pens I have to.

kenmc
April 25th, 2012, 02:25 PM
Visconti Rembrandt Calligraphy Set, Blue.

fountainpenkid
April 25th, 2012, 05:05 PM
Sheaffer Vac Fill Arived! Great pen! I've decided to keep it!

Bogon07
April 26th, 2012, 06:52 PM
Ordered an orange Nexx M & an Apple Green Safari from malaysia and UK respectively. The Nexx has a few days headstart so it will the interesting to see which one arrives first.

The Apple Green Safari arrived yesterday from the UK. Fast delivery just 7 days from ColnArt !

etoyoc
April 26th, 2012, 07:14 PM
The Apple Green Safari arrived yesterday from the UK. Fast delivery just 7 days from ColnArt !

Beautiful green... mine came in the other day from TheWritingDesk.

Well... the TWSBI 700 was ordered today, and now that phase of the wait begins...

KrazyIvan
April 27th, 2012, 10:39 AM
My Parker Jotter with CI grind has been stuck in customs since the 22nd.

White/Black Pelikan M100 with matching ballpoint is on the way. My Storm Trooper pens!

fountainpenkid
April 27th, 2012, 03:13 PM
krazy ivam: you should really take a pic of a matte black VP, with a bunch of little storm trooper pelikans following behind...!

KrazyIvan
April 27th, 2012, 03:22 PM
krazy ivam: you should really take a pic of a matte black VP, with a bunch of little storm trooper pelikans following behind...!

Or some other red Imperial Guard pens... :)

http://images.sneakernews.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/star-wars-imperial-guard.jpg

fountainpenkid
April 28th, 2012, 05:42 AM
so a bunch of pel' m205 in red!

KrazyIvan
April 28th, 2012, 09:18 AM
so a bunch of pel' m205 in red!

I will keep that in mind. :)

In the mean time, my Pilot Namiki Custom 742 with Sutab nib finally shipped after almost a month. Now to wait another ten days for it to get here.

etoyoc
April 28th, 2012, 03:28 PM
argh..... I have a Ranga pen and some other Indian pens which have been held hostage at my post office since Thursday. tracking shows Arrival at Unit 4:01 AM Thursday morning, still have not been delivered on Saturday. Local post office has no record of any package arriving. ugh.. maybe Tuesday's mail, but at this point I doubt I will see them at all. Oh well. I guess it is time for my yearly package loss.

fountainpenkid
April 28th, 2012, 03:32 PM
Vintage lockdown all grey double jewel vac with a flex nib!

KrazyIvan
April 29th, 2012, 10:42 PM
I received the Jotter yesterday.

fountainpenkid
April 30th, 2012, 04:36 AM
was that nib great?

KrazyIvan
April 30th, 2012, 08:46 AM
was that nib great?

It is good but I took some of the bite off which in turn took some line variation out. It is definitely smooth now. I am going to work on it some more. It still has a good amount of tipping on it that I can reshape a bit.

KrazyIvan
April 30th, 2012, 08:56 AM
My White/Black Pelikan M100 (advertised as an M205 and with matching ballpoint) arrived. Photos will be posted tomorrow.

KrazyIvan
April 30th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Pilot Namiki Custom 742 just got out of customs in Chicago. Woo Hoo!

etoyoc
April 30th, 2012, 11:18 AM
TSBI 700 is out for delivery. Ranga pen has just arrived at the post office for the 3rd time????

etoyoc
May 1st, 2012, 12:09 PM
OK I am totally geeked out by the package the Ranga pen arrived in. I have not opened it yet because it is the packaging itself that I am geeking out by. The package is sewed into a tight fitting fabric. The fabric is written on, stamped and labeled. You can even make out buttons or snaps inside the package fabric.

etoyoc
May 1st, 2012, 12:37 PM
my mistake... Once the outer mailing fabric was removed, i found a fabric covered wooden box with snap closures.

fountainpenkid
May 1st, 2012, 12:45 PM
Aurora 88 on the way!

Parker Vac lockdown in grey soon to come!

KrazyIvan
May 1st, 2012, 02:02 PM
I have heard of Ranga pens being very nicely wrapped. Looking good!

My Pilot Namiki Custom 742 is here! It arrived while I was trying to attend a teleconference, answer email and the phone was ringing off the hook. I'll have pictures up tonight.

Chi Town
May 1st, 2012, 05:48 PM
I have a few that I am waiting for: One that is due hopefully by tommarrow is a C.L. Lewis pen from Canada. He finished it Saturday and mailed it monday morning. The other pen is due some time in May and that is from "Drgortex" and it is a Red/Black Ebonite Fountain Pen. Ohhh all this waiting, and the post office wants to take days off???

Bogon07
May 2nd, 2012, 06:37 PM
CityRail couldn't foil my plans two days in a row and I was able to pick up the orange Lamy Nexx M with Fine nib & converter from the PostOffice yesterday.

The cap is a very close match to my orange Safari but not in shiny plastic. The grip section feels rounder, larger and of a slightly more rubbery plastic than the Safari/Al-star.

And as per Brian Goulet's advise washed out the nib section to remove the blue test ink before loading with Noodler's Cayanne. Habanero would possibly be a better match to the pen but wanted to see how the Cayanne goes in a non italic nib.

jotterius
May 6th, 2012, 04:43 PM
I am waiting for a Conway Stewart 15 with a semi flex medium nib!!!

fountainpenkid
May 6th, 2012, 07:30 PM
nice!

Double Jewel Grey Vac on the way!
Aurora 88 on the way!

writingrav
May 7th, 2012, 11:44 AM
Just received my Noodler's Konrad. Soon to try it out.

@penfancy
May 7th, 2012, 06:48 PM
Just got my Konrad as well.
Much nicer than the Ahab. Cleaned the feed and was off to the races. http://img.tapatalk.com/d03653e9-6d63-6e81.jpg

writingrav
May 7th, 2012, 09:35 PM
Just got my Konrad as well.
Much nicer than the Ahab. Cleaned the feed and was off to the races. http://img.tapatalk.com/d03653e9-6d63-6e81.jpg

I love the filling mechanism and the feel of the pen, but I've had issues. Kept getting blobs of ink, ink just dripping out like a faucet for a few minutes and then back to normal. Reset the nib further up on the feed and its much better, though there is still an occasional drop of too much ink, not quite q blob. Hoping that I've got it fixed, but worried.

@penfancy
May 8th, 2012, 04:59 AM
Writingrav,
That's exactly what happened with my Ahab. So far the Konrad has been a good writer. I've had an occasional skip, but I was writing really fast. If that continues, I know how to open up the flow just a hair by cutting into the feed.
This is what I love about the Noodler's pens. They can be tricky but they make me figure out fountain pen maintenance and repair. http://img.tapatalk.com/d03653e9-fb0d-80e3.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d03653e9-fb56-4a51.jpg

The feed works best for me set deep into the point of the nib and the nib/feed unit set to the dot at the end of the slit in the tines into the section.
I wish you much luck on this. I love the size, the feel, and the way it fits my shirt pocket perfectly.

writingrav
May 8th, 2012, 06:25 AM
Writingrav,
That's exactly what happened with my Ahab. So far the Konrad has been a good writer. I've had an occasional skip, but I was writing really fast. If that continues, I know how to open up the flow just a hair by cutting into the feed.
This is what I love about the Noodler's pens. They can be tricky but they make me figure out fountain pen maintenance and repair. http://img.tapatalk.com/d03653e9-fb0d-80e3.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d03653e9-fb56-4a51.jpg

The feed works best for me set deep into the point of the nib and the nib/feed unit set to the dot at the end of the slit in the tines into the section.
I wish you much luck on this. I love the size, the feel, and the way it fits my shirt pocket perfectly.

Thanks. I set mine up almost exactly as you have (readjusted the feed slightly to conform to your advice) and it is working perfectly. I agree that the size and feel of the pen is remarkably comfortable.

@penfancy
May 8th, 2012, 07:12 AM
nice!

Double Jewel Grey Vac on the way!
Aurora 88 on the way!

Glad to hear you got the 88. Post:) photos when you get it.

Lt. Tom
May 8th, 2012, 07:44 AM
I came into work this morning, sat down at my desk, and pulled the trigger on a Kaweco Classic Sport. (and a clip for it) I didn't plan to do it, it just happened........

KrazyIvan
May 8th, 2012, 08:38 AM
I came into work this morning, sat down at my desk, and pulled the trigger on a Kaweco Classic Sport. (and a clip for it) I didn't plan to do it, it just happened........

Ink happens, or in this case, pens happen.

axolotl66
May 8th, 2012, 02:46 PM
Just bid on an Esterbrook J, got a Parker 51 in for a service, really like the Ahab in the new Cardinal Darkness and desperately trying not to order a Konrad until the Cardinal Darkness version is out...
Graham

Freddy
May 8th, 2012, 09:24 PM

I love my Kaweco Classic Sport and take it everywhere. Mine was a perfect writer right out of the box.

Chi Town
May 10th, 2012, 12:35 AM
I have been patiently been waiting my turn for a pen to be made by Ken, "AKA" drgortex. The pen is an Ebonite, with a Gold Clip and a Bold Nib. It should be ready this May.

fountainpenkid
May 11th, 2012, 02:23 PM
Vac arrived! The A88 is here too, but they wouldn't let us get it today ? :(

WEll, Danny Fudge will give this 'ole vac a full restoration! It certainly needs it!

Will

etoyoc
May 12th, 2012, 09:17 AM
Lamy 2000, Lamy Studio, Noodlers Konrad, B&B LE Edison HG

no more pens.. I swear

fountainpenkid
May 14th, 2012, 05:26 PM
YAY! I got the worn old 88!

fountainpenkid
May 14th, 2012, 07:42 PM
now I am waiting for the pelikan m400. this time I don't want the deal to fall through :( :)

writingrav
May 15th, 2012, 04:28 AM
Finally ordered a Kaweco classic sport intending to turn it into an eyedropper. Better get over to Starbucks quick.

manoeuver
May 15th, 2012, 07:57 AM
ordered some cheap Chinese stuff from isellpens yesterday. First time I've tried them. Ordered around 1PM, got the notice that it shipped around 7PM same day. USPS says it'll probably get here tomorrow. That seems to me outrageously fast, we'll see if the postman is up to it!

KrazyIvan
May 15th, 2012, 08:28 AM
ordered some cheap Chinese stuff from isellpens yesterday. First time I've tried them. Ordered around 1PM, got the notice that it shipped around 7PM same day. USPS says it'll probably get here tomorrow. That seems to me outrageously fast, we'll see if the postman is up to it!

Yes, I have always had super fast shipping on the orders I have placed with isellpens.com

manoeuver
May 15th, 2012, 09:21 AM
Yes, I have always had super fast shipping on the orders I have placed with isellpens.comnow if the pens work, THAT'll be something! I got a couple of Heros and one of those goofy bent-nib kanji jobbers. Cause I need more pens apparently.

writingrav
May 15th, 2012, 10:49 AM
Now awaiting a kaigelu from isellpens.com for which I blame you guys:)

manoeuver
May 15th, 2012, 11:14 AM
Now awaiting a kaigelu from isellpens.com for which I blame you guys:)those are really attractive pens. let us know how it writes for you.

writingrav
May 15th, 2012, 11:35 AM
Will do.

KrazyIvan
May 15th, 2012, 11:51 AM
Kaigelu have been the best quality Chinese pens I have used so far. I have been seeing them popup on eBay with an English description (Kangaroo) instead of Kaigelu for quite a bit more money. Just remember the converter screws in.

@manoeuver - hope those pens work out for you. Just remember to wash them out first.

manoeuver
May 16th, 2012, 09:40 AM
Pens showed up today- that was some fast shipping. Handwritten note from Todd on the packing slip is always a nice touch. It's a nice golden ink applies with a very broad implement- might be a marker even.

Will talk about the pens in another post...

writingrav
May 16th, 2012, 03:20 PM
Received my Kaweco Sport today and filled it as an eyedropper with Diamine Onyx Black. It is a great pocket companion to my Bexeley Jitterbug also filled as an eyedropper with Diamine Washable Blue. The Jitterbug is ever so slightly more comfortable in the hand but I'm happy carrying both.

fountainpenkid
May 16th, 2012, 03:39 PM
nice! writingrav!

writingrav
May 16th, 2012, 04:48 PM
Thanks.
Well, I'm not as good a photographer as some on the site, but its a start.

writingrav
May 16th, 2012, 09:17 PM
Just ordered a Duke Head of State.

PeppWaves03
May 17th, 2012, 05:02 AM
I'm waiting for a Nakaya portable cigar in Kuro tamenuri from nibs.com. The pen should arrive at some point today. Can't wait!!!

fountainpenkid
May 17th, 2012, 12:55 PM
post pics! peppywaves03, when you get it!

writingrav
May 17th, 2012, 08:51 PM
Received the Kaigelu today and I'm very impressed. Beautiful grey and amber acrylic, excellent balance, so far writes very smoothly. Fine nib writes more like a medium, slightly wet writer, the way I like it.

writingrav
May 17th, 2012, 08:52 PM

Bogon07
May 17th, 2012, 09:37 PM
Another nice looking Kaigelu pen. That marbled grey and amber is very attractive.

goldiesdad
May 18th, 2012, 08:10 AM
The list is too long but I am excited in acquiring 2 Esterbrook J's arriving next week I hope after restoration.

writingrav
May 20th, 2012, 09:46 PM
And now a Stipula Vedo Black & Silver w/ 1.1 Stub nib.

eriquito
May 20th, 2012, 09:57 PM
As of the end of tonight's Fountain Pen Radio broadcast with guest Greg Minuskin, I am eagerly awaiting a John Holland dip pen. This will be my second dip pen in less than a month. What have I gotten myself into? (Thank you writingrav =)

I'm also awaiting a Franklin-Christoph Model 66 Desk Pen with a steel broad stub by Mike Masuyama.

Oh... the waiting...

eriquito
May 20th, 2012, 10:43 PM
Ack! And as of two minutes ago, I now also await this puppy:

http://monbonvoyage.com/pfs/Nobile-Italia.jpg

Somebody stop me! (no... don't =)

Not a fountain pen, but one does have other needs from time to time, right?

Nobile Italia (http://www.mazzuoli.it/html/italia.html) by mazzuoli.it

Bogon07
May 20th, 2012, 11:35 PM
Not a fountain pen, but one does have other needs from time to time, right?

A chrome zeppelin !!!!
or an extremely fancy multi pen ?
Looks heavy.

eriquito
May 20th, 2012, 11:43 PM
A chrome zeppelin !!!!
or an extremely fancy multi pen ?
Looks heavy.

Depending on what insert you use at any given time, it can be an "easyflow ball," a 0.7mm pencil or an "eco ball" in any one of three colors.

Whatever all that means I will only know once it arrives. I had to have it because, as you say, it's a Chrome Zeppelin!! =)

I hope it weighs two kilos! =)

KrazyIvan
May 21st, 2012, 08:50 AM
Eric, I was looking at a Swedish fountain pen that looks a lot like that pen. It was out of my price range so I forgot the name now. :(

KrazyIvan
May 21st, 2012, 09:05 AM
I am hoping that my Edison B&B LE 2012 pen will be shipping soon.

eriquito
May 21st, 2012, 09:56 AM
Eric, I was looking at a Sweedish fountain pen that looks a lot like that pen. It was out of my price range so I forgot the name now. :(

An actual *fountain pen* that looks a lot like a zeppelin? For that I shall keep out an eye. Maybe even two!

KrazyIvan
May 21st, 2012, 10:16 AM
An actual *fountain pen* that looks a lot like a zeppelin? For that I shall keep out an eye. Maybe even two!

Yes, and I need to mention Carbon Fiber accent barrel and special leather case with integrated clip so the pen is clipless but the case makes it clipped. If you like that kind of thing. I am searching for it. I think I have it in my Youtube favorites.

KrazyIvan
May 21st, 2012, 11:04 AM
Wow, it was a bit of searching involved but it is the Jorg Hysek Carbon Fiber Fountain pen. There is a metal barrel version too. This guy reviewed it on youtube. http://youtu.be/_azGO6m_RWU and is how I found the pen. I linked from one of sbrebrown's videos.

Here is the manufacturer site: http://hysek.com/#/collections/writing-instruments/productid/5

eriquito
May 21st, 2012, 04:21 PM
Wow, it was a bit of searching involved but it is the Jorg Hysek Carbon Fiber Fountain pen. There is a metal barrel version too. This guy reviewed it on youtube. http://youtu.be/_azGO6m_RWU and is how I found the pen. I linked from one of sbrebrown's videos.

Here is the manufacturer site: http://hysek.com/#/collections/writing-instruments/productid/5

Thanks for finding the pen, Ivan!

Thankfully, it did not take my breath away. I can continue saving for a Hitchcock =) They'll hit the re-sale market one day, right?

Bogon07
May 21st, 2012, 07:19 PM
Lamy Nexx Citron (a fancy word for yellow) with a Medium nib and free Z24 converter.
Should have ordered last week before $AUD took a dive.

dannzeman
May 21st, 2012, 09:23 PM
I'm waiting on a vintage Aurora 88 with a crazy low serial number. A modern Pilot VP Stealth. And a retractable dip pen from Mr. Minuskin. They should all arrive this week. CAN'T. FREAKING. WAIT.

KrazyIvan
May 21st, 2012, 10:39 PM

Thankfully, it did not take my breath away. I can continue saving for a Hitchcock =) They'll hit the re-sale market one day, right?

Oh well. I think the nib section hood thing it has going on looks really cool and like a space ship out of a 70's anime show.

eriquito
May 21st, 2012, 11:34 PM
Oh well. I think the nib section hood thing it has going on looks really cool and like a space ship out of a 70's anime show.

Do you happen to know the MSRP and/or the street price? I couldn't find it anywhere and as they usually say, "If you have to ask..."

gwgtaylor
May 21st, 2012, 11:57 PM
Waiting for my first lamy pen--a new 2009 safari in orange. Also waiting for a Jinhao 159 and mostly I'm waiting for my NOS 1997 black Parker duofold centennial to come back from Parker/waterman France as I had to send it in due to a bad/slow feed. Apparently this is common with the scroll nibs.

writingrav
May 22nd, 2012, 04:43 AM
I've pre-ordered a Stipula Bon voyage. Hoping the wait isn't too long.

KrazyIvan
May 22nd, 2012, 08:31 AM
Do you happen to know the MSRP and/or the street price? I couldn't find it anywhere and as they usually say, "If you have to ask..."

I did see it at Airline International's site but don't remember it in the store. I seem to remember a $400-$600 range but right now it's a call for pricing. I found one on eBay for $500 so that seems to confirm my initial pricing thoughts.

Lt. Tom
May 22nd, 2012, 08:31 AM
Waiting for an Apple Green Safari, and a Pilot 78G..........

goldiesdad
May 22nd, 2012, 02:45 PM
Just ordered again ... Sailor Student pen and Preppy ... making an eyedropper out of the preppy

eriquito
May 24th, 2012, 01:08 PM
My Nobile Italia (http://www.mazzuoli.it/html/italia.html) has been delayed due to high demand =(

They say they plan to ship it next week.

My only question: Will I survive the wait?

dannzeman
May 24th, 2012, 01:09 PM
My Nobile Italia (http://www.mazzuoli.it/html/italia.html) has been delayed due to high demand =(

They say they plan to ship it next week.

My only question: Will I survive the wait?

Didn't you just receive a new pen yesterday? I'll think you'll be just fine.

eriquito
May 24th, 2012, 01:12 PM
Didn't you just receive a new pen yesterday? I'll think you'll be just fine.

This coming from a man who regularly receives three pens a day? (Don't even bother trying to deny it =)

Did I just receive a pen yesterday? No, that was Tuesday. No wonder I'm already feeling withdrawals...

dannzeman
May 24th, 2012, 01:14 PM
I guess you should buy moar pens then.

fountainpenkid
May 24th, 2012, 03:30 PM
darn.....ALMOST got a BOXED OMAS 361 (Epic pen!)...my dad was on the phone, and couldn't log on to ebay.....it sold for a mere $99!!!

writingrav
May 24th, 2012, 06:52 PM
Stipula Vedo arrived today. Love the 1.1 stub!

KrazyIvan
May 24th, 2012, 07:02 PM
I would really like to see that one next to other pens for a size reference.

writingrav
May 24th, 2012, 08:13 PM
From left to right :
Micarta, Vedo, Twsbi 540, Edison Pearlette

writingrav
May 24th, 2012, 08:14 PM
Or should I say from top to bottom. Sorry I take such bad photos.

Pinkys.Brain
May 31st, 2012, 03:59 AM
Bad thing today:
- I noticed two cracks in the cap of my Montblanc 34...damn bad material. At least it's just the cap...

Good things:
1) I have another GEHA Schulfüller on the way to Japan (@KrazyIvan: If the pen is any good I can send you one of the two I got, as you always wanted one. Will take some time though...).

2) I bought two "Dixi 250" fountain pens from ebay. They were pretty cheap (about 5€ each). I have never heard of the model nor do I know which brand they are from. The seller doesn't seem to know either. But they are piston fillers (one in blue, one in red) with a gold plated(?) "Dauerfeder" (= a stiff nib that was made to sign checks). I would say they are maybe from the same time and in the same league as the Reform 1745.
Oh, I forgot to mention that they both seem to feature an ink reserve tank. Probably the same type the GEHA Schulfüller has. If they are any good, the pens were a real steal. ^_^

KrazyIvan
May 31st, 2012, 09:01 AM
Bad thing today:
- I noticed two cracks in the cap of my Montblanc 34...damn bad material. At least it's just the cap...

Good things:
1) I have another GEHA Schulfüller on the way to Japan (@KrazyIvan: If the pen is any good I can send you one of the two I got, as you always wanted one. Will take some time though...).

2) I bought two "Dixi 250" fountain pens from ebay. They were pretty cheap (about 5€ each). I have never heard of the model nor do I know which brand they are from. The seller doesn't seem to know either. But they are piston fillers (one in blue, one in red) with a gold plated(?) "Dauerfeder" (= a stiff nib that was made to sign checks). I would say they are maybe from the same time and in the same league as the Reform 1745.
Oh, I forgot to mention that they both seem to feature an ink reserve tank. Probably the same type the GEHA Schulfüller has. If they are any good, the pens were a real steal. ^_^

Sending you a PM.

eriquito
May 31st, 2012, 09:10 AM
I finally caved and ordered a matte black Pilot Vanishing Point (the Stealth version).
It should be here tomorrow.
I should be occupied all weekend =)

jotterius
May 31st, 2012, 09:52 AM
I finally caved and ordered a matte black Pilot Vanishing Point (the Stealth version).
It should be here tomorrow.
I should be occupied all weekend =)

Well done!!!!!!!!!!

I am waiting for my second Ahab (Carniolan Honey) and a Jinhao 159

peterpen53
May 31st, 2012, 11:56 AM

You're very patient, right?

I have the irking feeling this is going to become a cult pen à la Hemingway.

ianmedium
May 31st, 2012, 11:58 AM
Ooo, there are some lovely pens on the way for you all. I am awaiting a Parker 51 special that I won on eBay last week for $23. There are a couple of scratches on the body that I think will polish out nicely, looks from the pictures that the original price sticker glue residue is still on the barrel! Sold as seen and not tested but it looks a good one, the nib and feed look spic and span so hopefully it just needs a good flush. Now just have to wait for the painfully slow mail service between the US and Canada!

Also, though not on order yet my finger is hovering over the purchase button on one of the new limited edition Stipula Tuscany dream fountain pens!

eriquito
May 31st, 2012, 12:00 PM
I have the irking feeling this is going to become a cult pen à la Hemingway.

If that's true, we'd best pick one up now while they're still available at the very affordable full-retail price :-\

ianmedium
May 31st, 2012, 12:13 PM
If that's true, we'd best pick one up now while they're still available at the very affordable full-retail price :-\

A friend of mine picked his Hitchcock up last week, I tried it out, it really is lovely! The nib is wonderful but even better is the finish I thought, the way they have captured the vertigo wave is incredible, as you twist the pen it makes your eyes go funny! He got his from worldlux and managed to get it for just over $3200 all in!

fountainpenkid
May 31st, 2012, 01:51 PM
My Double jewel vac is coming back from danny fudge repair tommarow! I can't wait!

I am ALMOST through with my money raising for the Pelikan m400 white torty. Remeber how my blue m400 came back brand new after pelikan repaired it? Well, I sold it because I planned to buy a white tortoise with the money. But then my dad said that I only really made $157 off of it because of the high shipping costs to australia :( so I've been waiting for one of my pens to sell to make the $50 bucks I need. Then, I'll have my dream pen!

RodneyOK
May 31st, 2012, 03:18 PM
I'm currently waiting on two, a Conklin Stylograph Mosaic (modern), and a blue Parker Vacumatic. I'm kind of gambling with the Conklin, as I don't have any experience with the modern brand. Hopefully it will be here tomorrow so I can start putting it through the paces.

fountainpenkid
May 31st, 2012, 04:14 PM
The only conklin I dream of is one of those gorgeous vintage nozacs.....someday!

melissa59
June 1st, 2012, 12:06 PM
The Pens Under $30 thread got the best of me.

I went looking for a cheap Hero 616. And I found one on isellpens.com. But it seemed silly to pay more for shipping than the pen, so ...

I added a Lamy Safari, lime green, fine nib. There is a free converter promo, so I figured that saving $5 justified my purchase.
Last year's limited edition fushcia would have been my color of choice (I love pinks and purples), but this year's green is pretty too. At least it should be easy to find on my desk. I think 2013's Safari should be made with a GLOW IN THE DARK material!!

While browsing the isellpens site, I saw a pretty, lavender Hero calligraphy set for $10. So I decided to treat myself to an early birthday present. I've thought about getting a dip pen so I can try learning calligraphy but was scared off by the following formula:
Melissa + open ink bottle = MESSY DISASTER!

Along with my current Noodler's Konrad, these pens should keep me busy for awhile. Now I just need to decided on five or six ink samples. Hard. I've been moving samples in and out of my cart for the past four days!

Melissa

KrazyIvan
June 1st, 2012, 12:22 PM
I have been bad. Tombow Mechanical Pencil. Lamy Studio in black.

Pinkys.Brain
June 2nd, 2012, 06:01 AM
I have been bad. Tombow Mechanical Pencil. Lamy Studio in black.

Which pencil? Zoom series, Havana or Object?

ink mixer
June 2nd, 2012, 10:55 AM
I should have the new green Lamy Safari today.

fountainpenkid
June 2nd, 2012, 11:40 AM
nice, ink mixer!

KrazyIvan
June 2nd, 2012, 01:25 PM

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Judds-NEW-Tombow-Mechanical-Pencil-Case-/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/$(KGrHqV,!qoE88ffV,UzBPjd9-iDug~~60_12.JPG

KrazyIvan
June 4th, 2012, 03:10 PM

It arrived today. The model is the SH-1000TC.

Pinkys.Brain
June 4th, 2012, 07:19 PM
After my secon GEHA Schulfüller and the two Dixi 250 Ebay made me shop again: WENDE IDEAL from the early 70's...ebay is evil...

eriquito
June 4th, 2012, 07:25 PM
ebay is evil...

...in that wonderfully sinful way =)

Pinkys.Brain
June 4th, 2012, 07:49 PM
...in that wonderfully sinful way =)

Still the best way to get older German school/student pens...and now I only have to get them shipped from Germany to Japan. What a hassle ~_~

geoduc
June 4th, 2012, 11:22 PM
Just ordered a pair of Delta piston fillers from PenTime.com. My pen budget is shot (and then some), but I'll be excited to get them.

writingrav
June 5th, 2012, 08:53 AM
Two arrived today: Shaeffer Admiral Snorkel 5.sk 1954 blue gold nib x6 and Duke 209. How's that for variety? Haven't inked either yet.

jor412
June 5th, 2012, 09:26 AM
I'm waiting for 4 Sheaffers. Ok I overdid it this month. :eek:

fountainpenkid
June 5th, 2012, 03:46 PM
what kind, jor412?

KrazyIvan
June 5th, 2012, 04:19 PM
A Konrad in demo blue (my first Noodler's pen) and a Platinum Preppy in blue with eye dropper conversion in its future.

jor412
June 5th, 2012, 06:08 PM
what kind, jor412?

1 sheaffer balance lever fill, 1 sheaffer vac fill, 1 targa, 1 sheaffer flat top. Oh I forgot, and one Noodler's Konrad Pequods Smoke. Shipping from the US to the Philippines is more than $20 for the first kilo so I need to maximize that expense (or so I like to tell myself haha).

writingrav
June 5th, 2012, 06:19 PM
Pilot 79g broad nib thanks to forum discussion.

writingrav
June 5th, 2012, 06:25 PM
Today's pens:

ink mixer
June 5th, 2012, 06:26 PM
I just purchased a silver Sheaffer Legacy M nib.

fountainpenkid
June 6th, 2012, 12:29 PM
still waiting for my vacumatic. :(

manoeuver
June 6th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Today's pens:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2isn't it supposed to be sunny in philly?

writingrav
June 6th, 2012, 12:56 PM
isn't it supposed to be sunny in philly?

Sorry, I really need to get the photography thing under control.

manoeuver
June 6th, 2012, 12:57 PM
Sorry, I really need to get the photography thing under control.open the blinds or set a bonfire. or both.

writingrav
June 6th, 2012, 12:58 PM
open the blinds or set a bonfire. or both.
Thanks. Maybe I just won't submit photos.

manoeuver
June 6th, 2012, 01:04 PM
oh come on now I'm just joshing. I'm no ansel adams either.