PDA

View Full Version : How to delete photo attachments in my Manage Attachments area?

Saintpaulia
September 10th, 2013, 04:30 PM
The title really says it all. I have about 10 photos in my Manage Attachments area/section/department and I can't figure out how to delete them. Any one know how to do this? (I thought I had posted this question on this sub-forum before but apparently not). Thanks in advance, Breck

dannzeman
September 11th, 2013, 07:34 AM
Why would you want to delete them? Those are photos that you've attached to other posts. If you delete them they'll be removed from their respective post.

But, if you really want to, you'll have to go to each post where those photos were originally attached and delete them there.

Saintpaulia
September 11th, 2013, 09:00 AM
I want to delete these photos because they were attached to old postings of pens for sale. These pens are no longer for sale and the threads are "closed", and therefore why keep the photos? But as you suggested, I went to these closed threads thru the link to them in my Manage Attachments settings and see no way to delete the photos.

jar
September 11th, 2013, 09:34 AM
Go to the thread, edit, click on photo, hit delete?

Saintpaulia
September 11th, 2013, 11:13 AM
That's at least a helpful idea. However in going there to try this I did not see anywhere to edit. Would this be because the thread is closed? Or am I just not looking in the right place for the edit?

KrazyIvan
September 11th, 2013, 11:17 AM
Did you close the thread or admin? I have been able to reopen threads I closed myself.

Saintpaulia
September 11th, 2013, 11:22 AM
Okay I figured out how to do it. Jar was my best lead. First I had to "un-close" my thread by marking it unsold in the thread tools thingie. Then I could edit the post which allowed me to get into the Manage Attachments function. Once there I could simply clik on "remove" beside each photo attached. Simple but this manuever is not included in the FAQ or anywhere else I can see.

dannzeman
September 11th, 2013, 01:36 PM
I want to delete these photos because they were attached to old postings of pens for sale. These pens are no longer for sale and the threads are "closed", and therefore why keep the photos?
(emphasis added is mine)
Because it's incredibly helpful for others buying or selling the same pen to get an idea what the market value is on them. By deleting the photos and removing the sale price (not saying you do this, but some do) you're doing a disservice to the community.