PDA

View Full Version : More Monteverde

Sailor Kenshin
June 3rd, 2023, 05:43 PM
This set of ten blue inks from Monteverde was on sale from Amazon, at a reduced price. And even though I had about half of them....I just HAD to.

All inks were tested on a Rhodia grid pad, with a glass dip pen. Capri Blue, Sapphire, Peace, and Ocean Noir bled through to the back, but this may have been due to the heavy ink load put down by the glass pen. Some feathered, some clung to the nib.

Of the ones I already had, I use a lot of Confidence and Malibu. And there's no discernible BLUE in Azure Noir, but it is trouble-free.

https://pics.ourpatioparty.com/images/2023/06/03/c64d4003d2c75b5ccff914d5ff76af36.jpg

Anyone have some, or even the whole set?

Jon Szanto
June 3rd, 2023, 05:51 PM
Nice. I almost always have a pen inked with Malibu Blue. Really solid performer and both attractive and easy to read.

mizgeorge
June 4th, 2023, 07:55 AM
I also use Confidence Blue quite a lot, and I have some of the others, but I have to admit, from the picture I'm very drawn to the colour of the documental one.

RobJohnson
June 4th, 2023, 08:15 AM
Nice. Really solid performer and both attractive and easy to read.

As you can see from my pic, you could almost be describing me.

My only issue with my looks and the lines on my forehead is that musicians keep grabbing a Sharpie and drawing crotchets and quavers on my face.

Sailor Kenshin
June 4th, 2023, 08:59 AM
Nice. Really solid performer and both attractive and easy to read.

As you can see from my pic, you could almost be describing me.

^ 😂

Yazeh
June 4th, 2023, 09:49 AM
My wife finished the bottle of Caribbean blue. And Horizon blue was used almost 3/4 bottle. But for some reason, even though blue is my favourite colour, I do not use blue ink anymore. The only one which is attractive to my eyes is Azure noir ;)

Chrissy
June 4th, 2023, 11:47 PM
I like the look of Confidence Blue and Horizon Blue but weirdly I haven't bought any Monteverde blue inks. Recently I was trying to make a copy of Montblanc Leonardo Red Chalk to take with me to Houston for a friend there and I found a bottle of Red Velvet for a reasonable price. Sadly it turned out to be less like Red Chalk than the Diamine Terracotta I already had but it is still a very well behaved ink. Perhaps I should have a good look at those blues. :)

Sailor Kenshin
June 5th, 2023, 06:43 AM
I like the look of Confidence Blue and Horizon Blue but weirdly I haven't bought any Monteverde blue inks. Recently I was trying to make a copy of Montblanc Leonardo Red Chalk to take with me to Houston for a friend there and I found a bottle of Red Velvet for a reasonable price. Sadly it turned out to be less like Red Chalk than the Diamine Terracotta I already had but it is still a very well behaved ink. Perhaps I should have a good look at those blues. :)

I know; I bought a bottle of Red Velvet strictly for comparison's sake. Nice color, but nowhere near the MB Red Chalk.

Do any of you have experience with the Documental Blue? I was writing with it last night and I like the color, but used an old, unrestored Wearever as a dipper because I'm not sure what it might 'do' to normal pens.

TSherbs
June 5th, 2023, 06:55 AM
"Documental"?

I didn't know that this was a word in English. Which syllable is accented? Penultimate? Ultimate, for a bit of European flair?

Like, going mental over excessive documentary requirements?

Sailor Kenshin
June 5th, 2023, 07:35 AM
Ask MV. I didn't bottle it. Just bought it.

Jon Szanto
June 5th, 2023, 10:26 AM
"Documental"?

I guess it is just a Swiss-ism? It's right there on their bottle:

https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-y82krfxcae/images/stencil/original/products/295/569/30ml_documental_black_new__47327.1563829688.jpg?c= 2

There is a good review (https://mountainofink.com/blog/monteverde-documental-blue) of the Documental Blue at Mountain of Ink.

Sailor Kenshin
June 5th, 2023, 11:49 AM
"Documental"?

I guess it is just a Swiss-ism? It's right there on their bottle:

https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-y82krfxcae/images/stencil/original/products/295/569/30ml_documental_black_new__47327.1563829688.jpg?c= 2

There is a good review (https://mountainofink.com/blog/monteverde-documental-blue) of the Documental Blue at Mountain of Ink.

Thanks, Jon. This is exactly what I needed to know. I may use this with dip pens exclusively.

calamus
June 30th, 2023, 12:27 PM
Thanks to this thread I've just bought bottles of MV Capri Blue and Sapphire. Already a confirmed Horizon Blue addict. Haven't inked anything with the Sapphire yet, but I inked my latest acquisition, an oversized Sheaffer Balance from the '30s, with Capri Blue, and it's become my go-to combo. It's such a cheerful color.

Sailor Kenshin
July 1st, 2023, 11:48 AM
Thanks to this thread I've just bought bottles of MV Capri Blue and Sapphire. Already a confirmed Horizon Blue addict. Haven't inked anything with the Sapphire yet, but I inked my latest acquisition, an oversized Sheaffer Balance from the '30s, with Capri Blue, and it's become my go-to combo. It's such a cheerful color.

Cool. Let me know what you think of the Sapphire.