PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Minnesota

MusicMan
September 14th, 2013, 11:09 AM
Hello everyone!

I found this site through the podcast, and was thrilled to find so much information.

Since the super large corporate company I work for decided NOT to provide us with office supplies, and pen theft is at an all time high I decided to try a cheap disposable fountain pen. Many people around we hate the pen and will not borrow it, and just fell in love with that pen!

So I decided to purchases couple more pens for work. I also purchase a franklin Chritoph and now carry my special pens on my person at all times!

I could not imagine how much joy I get from a simple pen!
Currently I have a Lamy Safari, lamy Studio, and a TWBSI vac 700.

Super excited to learn from everyone!

Thank You in advance,

tannie
September 14th, 2013, 11:16 AM
Hello and welcome!

I have to ask, what colour Safari and Studio? :D

KrazyIvan
September 14th, 2013, 11:29 AM
Welcome to the Dark Side.

Jeph
September 14th, 2013, 11:39 AM
:welcome: This is how it starts. Enjoy the ride!

Tracy Lee
September 14th, 2013, 11:45 AM
You will be in fine company here, so welcome! I just bought a Franklin-Christoph pen case to upgrade mine, they are wonderful. :)

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 4

Feardorcha
September 14th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Welcome to the forums.

Fountain pens are like drugs, you start small and just 'try' a cheap one but then the addiction starts and suddenly you're pushing bigger and bigger numbers and your wife's telling you you have too many (like that's even possible).

Waski_the_Squirrel
September 14th, 2013, 02:07 PM
Welcome to my neighbor from the east!

cwent2
September 14th, 2013, 02:31 PM
:welcome:to
the obsessi.., er Hobby

caribbean_skye
September 14th, 2013, 03:58 PM
Welcome welcome.

Sounds like you're well on your way. Guess it could be worse, the co-workers could love your pens, steal them and then where would you be?

MusicMan
September 14th, 2013, 05:33 PM
Hello and welcome!

I have to ask, what colour Safari and Studio? :D
Well the safari is all black (charcoal I believe). The studios is the brushed silver.

MusicMan
September 14th, 2013, 05:36 PM
This is all I need is another addicting hobby. Between my love of film photography and being a musician.... I am going to have no money!:cry:

Nomdeplume
September 14th, 2013, 09:01 PM
Welcome! Having money is over-rated! Having pens, inks, paper...music and photography, too, is HAPPINESS!

heath
September 16th, 2013, 01:52 PM
Welcome! This is a great community, enjoy!