PDA

View Full Version : SOLD David Oscarson Art Deco LE Fountain Pen, Numbered, Full Box & Papers Set

jasonf
July 16th, 2023, 05:52 PM
SOLD

Offering my exemplary David Oscarson for sale. This is the stunning 15th Anniversary Art Deco with a beautifully engraved 18k Medium nib. This numbered pen includes the gorgeous handmade lacquered wood box (just the right size), papers, polishing cloth, and outer box. The unboxing experience will be that of a new pen.

You've got to see pictures and video of this piece to understand the level of David Oscarson's craftsmanship. It's truly on another level with the engraved guilloche faberge-style layered enamel and finely detailed sterling silver trims and section.

Each pen is hand made as a one-off, and it's a large, solid pen. It measures 5.75" capped, and weighs 3.4 oz (96g). The cap is 1.4oz (40g) and this pen does not post. The pen is wonderfully balanced in hand, and does not feel particularly front-heavy or back-heavy. The engraved section is a joy to hold.

I've only inked this pen twice, and while it's a stunning showpiece, I feel satisfied to have owned it and would like to move it on to a new caretaker so I can try another grail piece. I will leave the somewhat minimal patina on the sterling so the new owner can decide to keep it or polish it themselves.

SOLD