PDA

View Full Version : Popping in and saying hello!

Tyler Dahl
February 17th, 2012, 04:47 PM
Greeting to the good folks at FPGeeks.com. I've been frequenting FPN for a long time now, and finally decided to give another forum a try, to perhaps "expand my horizons".

I love the FPGeeks blog, and podcasts, so this forum seems like a good place for me to be. :)

Some of you will know me right away from FPN, and some of you may have never heard of me. I have over 3,000 posts on FPN, so I tihnk it's safe to say that I am fairly well known there, and I also have quite an addiction to talking about fountain pens!

I am Tyler Dahl - owner and operator of Tyler Dahl - Fountain Pens (http://tylerdahlpens.com). My small, yet growing business of fountain pen repair, and nib grinding. Been repairing pens for about 2 years now, and I must say, it's the best job I could ever ask for!

I am more than obsessed with pen-repair, so perhaps I will be able to contribute to the repair forums here. Nothing makes me happier than getting my hands inky and fixin' up some pens! I love to help other folks attempt home-repairs too.

I also run a blog (http://tylerdahlpens.blogspot.com)about FP's, inks, and paper. I figure I may as well share my knowledge and experiences so everyone can benefit. I love reviews, to say the least. I think I may hold the record for the longest review ever, with my 6-part TWSBI Diamond review. That took me weeks to write. :D

I am currently residing in Big Sandy, Tennessee (hill-billy country!), living on a little 21 acre mini-farm.

Besides FP's I love music! I am really quite obsessed with it. I play guitar (electric, acoustic, and bass), and have been enjoying that for about 9 years now. I'd like to learn violin, drums, and more eventually.

And that's about it for a short bio! I am looking forward to some good conversations here!

Cheers,
Tyler Dahl

KrazyIvan
February 17th, 2012, 06:56 PM
Tyler! Good to see you here. :-) Welcome to the board and I am still loving that Parker Duofold jr you restored for me.

Tyler Dahl
February 17th, 2012, 09:46 PM
Hey! Great to see you here too! Glad you're still loving the Duofold. It's a pleasure to see an old pen get restored, and then get used. :)

How is your DIY nib grinding coming along these days?

I am looking forward to browsing the boards more thoroughly when I get some time.

writingrav
February 18th, 2012, 12:54 PM
Nice to meet you. I find negotiating FPN too difficult and enjoy these forums much more. Glad to have you.

subbes
February 18th, 2012, 04:32 PM
(WAVES.)

I'm anxiously refreshing the tracking on the Waterman you mailed back to me yesterday.

KrazyIvan
February 18th, 2012, 09:46 PM
Hey! Great to see you here too! Glad you're still loving the Duofold. It's a pleasure to see an old pen get restored, and then get used. :)

How is your DIY nib grinding coming along these days?

I am looking forward to browsing the boards more thoroughly when I get some time.

Going good thanks to your example. :) I still have a couple of pens I need to send you for a crisp italic conversion though. ;)

Tyler Dahl
February 19th, 2012, 08:16 AM
Nice to meet you. I find negotiating FPN too difficult and enjoy these forums much more. Glad to have you.

I still greatly enjoy FPN, but it is a bit crowded sometimes. It's good to be here, and I'm enjoying my stay already. :)

(WAVES.)

I'm anxiously refreshing the tracking on the Waterman you mailed back to me yesterday.

I hope it arrives soon! Perhaps tomorrow if we're lucky. *waving back*

Going good thanks to your example. :) I still have a couple of pens I need to send you for a crisp italic conversion though. ;)

I'd love to see some scans of your work now. I'll bet it gets better each time!

Crisp italic grinds eh? I don't get many requests for those. Would be a fun job. :)

Tyler Dahl
February 19th, 2012, 08:21 AM
... double post ... sorry. :)

Maja
March 3rd, 2012, 12:39 PM
Hi Tyler,
Great interview you did with Eric in the "Geek of the Week" podcast here:
http://fpgeeks.com/2012/03/geek-of-the-week-tyler-dahl/
It was a long interview but you handled yourself with aplomb :cool:

KrazyIvan
March 3rd, 2012, 06:13 PM
Just listened to the interview this morning! Great job. Tyler, I'll scan something in soon. I have an itch to work on one of my older jobs now that I'm using a honing stone in the process.

Freddy
March 5th, 2012, 03:53 PM
Hi Tyler. It's great to see you here. Your interview was excellent, very enjoyable to listen to. :)

fountainpenkid
March 5th, 2012, 05:55 PM
Welcome here! It's a bit small at the moment, but I think it will grow....

Your podcasts and articles have been great so far! I think you should defiantly do more video tutorials though....

dannzeman
March 6th, 2012, 09:18 PM
Tyler, it's an honor having you here! I look forward to having some discussions about pen repair with you. It may be just what I need to get back into it.

caribbean_skye
April 27th, 2012, 08:29 PM
Hello Hello. I'm a little behind on my podcast listening and forum reading.