PDA

View Full Version : What is your favourite and best Waterman nib?

Cyril
August 4th, 2023, 08:01 AM
Please show the best waterman nib in simply by a writing sample.

christof
August 4th, 2023, 09:12 AM
the best Waterman's nib I ever had was a very felxible No.2 in a humble clipless BCHR No.52 pen (I even didn't take a photo of this). I gave it away as a brithday present to a young lady who was interested in calligraphy at that time. I want to believe that it was worth it :)

the nib was wet, flexible AND smooth - so perfect for sketching too.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51062689736_71e9cebd44_z.jpg

Robalone
August 6th, 2023, 05:50 AM

FredRydr
August 6th, 2023, 08:57 AM
Yes, my many 52s had the best Waterman nibs, as good as the vaunted pink nibs found in Waterman Nos. 7 and 5 pens I bought and sold over the years. The 52s are excellent value for writing.

Robalone
August 6th, 2023, 06:35 PM
Yes, my many 52s had the best Waterman nibs, as good as the vaunted pink nibs found in Waterman Nos. 7 and 5 pens I bought and sold over the years. The 52s are excellent value for writing.

Agree 👍🏻….and even though I have many many great Watermans nibs, the Pink has a certain indescribable 'something' !!
The super fine line through giant flex, and the springiness ? is almost …different?
It’s not really a 'wet noodle' ( yeah ,a silly designation I know !) but it has a certain magic.

Cyril
August 14th, 2023, 08:09 AM

It is true. Waterman's 52 have a range of different quality to suit every writer's personal choice. No 5 and 7 pens have special edition type Nibs and among the - series of 10 nibs 79573 - types out of No 5-7 pens , mostly the Pink nibs has the best appeal to anyone as it is a springy Flex effect to the hand. Even the medium flex red nib on No 7 and Five is sometimes not medium springy to me other than it writes like a normal standard vintage pen. I have two red nibs and a grey (on a No 7 pen ) nib. The Grey nib is an oblique manifold ( a firm nib) But for me is a good nib that I can still have a good control to do certain cursive writing to my choice.

Chrissy
August 14th, 2023, 02:44 PM
My best Waterman nib is on a red & black Waterman Phileas but it isn't a Phileas nib. It's a L'Etalon 18ct gold nib that started life as a Broad but is now a Stub that I ground myself. I love it and use it very often. :)

manolo
August 30th, 2023, 12:48 AM
I haven`t got any old Waterman.
My best waterman nib is a left oblique in a Man 100 pen.