PDA

View Full Version : Ink Review: Robert Oster 1969 (Exclusive for Stylo.ca)

Chrissy
August 11th, 2023, 12:31 PM
Robert Oster 1969 Exclusive for Stylo.ca ink is a bright blue ink that’s one of many Robert Oster blue inks. It represents the year that Stylo.ca was founded.

This one has a mixture of purple and turquoise dyes in the chroma that make it look like a Royal Blue that leans neither purple nor green.

1969 isn’t a saturated ink and it flowed very well through my pens. It felt quite wet, and smoothly lubricated when writing across the page. I saw some shading and some occasional red sheen when leaving a lot of ink on smooth paper.

I didn’t notice any skips or hard starts when I put the uncapped pen down to do swab tests, dry times and water resistance. Nor did I see any feathering on the papers I wrote on.

There was a little show through on a couple of the papers I tested it on but nothing that would prevent me from writing on the back of any of them.

Robert Oster inks come in 50ml plastic bottles that are quite tall making it easy to fill fountain pens from, but they are quite easy to tip over so I usually place mine in a wide, squat, glass pot when I open it.

Thank you to Wile E Coyote for sending me this sample. :)

Start-up: Immediate.
Nib Dry-out: Not noticed.
Nib Creep / “Crud”: Not seen.
Show through/ Bleed through: I saw a little on Rhodia DotPad & Whitelines but I could still write on the reverse.
Staining (pen): Not seen after several days - easy clean-up.
Staining (hands): Easy clean. My hands were clean after one wash.
Clogging: Not seen.
Water resistance: Not sold as waterproof but water resistance is reasonable and the purple dye stays put.
Availability: Exclusively made for Stylo.ca in 50ml plastic bottles.

LizEF
August 11th, 2023, 12:53 PM
Thank you for taking away all interest I might have otherwise had for this ink. :pound: Wonderful review, as always. The color is my arch enemy... :)

Yazeh
August 11th, 2023, 01:29 PM
Great review Chrissy :thumb: . Stylo.ca is in my hometown and I've been quite a few times to one of their smaller stores in a nearby mall and they've got a very nice and knowledgeable team :) As for the colour I would love it in flowers, but for ink, I'm too blasé with blue :D

Chrissy
August 11th, 2023, 02:17 PM
Thank you for taking away all interest I might have otherwise had for this ink. :pound: Wonderful review, as always. The color is my arch enemy... :)

Great review Chrissy :thumb: . Stylo.ca is in my hometown and I've been quite a few times to one of their smaller stores in a nearby mall and they've got a very nice and knowledgeable team :) As for the colour I would love it in flowers, but for ink, I'm too blasé with blue :D
You're welcome. :) I quite like the colour. :)

Carpio
August 11th, 2023, 07:21 PM
Hello,

It's awesome to have several people doing ink reviews here. Well, I guess I shouldn't speak for others, but I think it's good. Seeing reviews in colours I like is always going to be cool, and also, colours I wouldn't nessiecelery go and purchase, has proven to be not the case, so much so as I have bought them/the colour, purely because of a review. So, thanks for the reviews people, and long may they continue.

Carpio

Sailor Kenshin
August 12th, 2023, 10:11 AM
I may be the only one to like 'these' colors. Thanks, Chrissy.

Chrissy
August 13th, 2023, 12:49 AM
I may be the only one to like 'these' colors. Thanks, Chrissy.
You're welcome SK. :) I like them too. Fresh, bright and most important of all - Blue. LOL