PDA

View Full Version : London Pen Show 6th October Who,s Going ?

grandmia
September 18th, 2013, 12:37 PM
Ok guys, not long now to the London Pen Show. Who,s going ?

Need a new battery for the camera.
Wanted list still being compiled.
Trade pens being tweaked.
Still time to increase the pen purchase pot.

Should be good fun as usual, see you there.

Paul-H
September 18th, 2013, 02:06 PM
Hope to be there as well. Well as long as the current crop of pens I have on eBay do well that is.

Paul

grandmia
September 19th, 2013, 02:17 PM
Hope to be there as well. Well as long as the current crop of pens I have on eBay do well that is.

Paul

Looks like just the two of us ?

Paul-H
September 19th, 2013, 03:27 PM
It will be a bit crowded then :)

Paul

oldstoat
September 20th, 2013, 11:00 AM
Hi Guys
Count me in. At the last London Pen-Botherers meeting DavidDecorator (from FPN), Annie and Ruifrom UK were all of the view that we should meet up in the coffee bar in the lobby of the hotel between 10 and 11, to make it more of social meet-up. All welcome!

RuiFromUK
September 20th, 2013, 11:57 AM
Hi,

Just to confirm that if all goes well I'll be there as well.

At the moment my intent is to look for the black top of a vintage Conklin Clown fountain pen cap and a clip for a vintage Stephens fountain pen cap. A realised dream of course would be a Pelikan 400 NN EF at earthlike prices...

Also it would be nice if I could find a copy of Da Book short of ordering one from USA.

Annie
September 22nd, 2013, 04:07 PM
I will be there. Wouldn't miss it! :)

View from the Loft
September 23rd, 2013, 12:06 PM
I will also be there, and it's looking promising that my eldest will be with me as well. He's been bitten by the FP bug well and truly:)

grandmia
September 26th, 2013, 02:55 PM
Great, it looks like there will be a good crowd so far. Any one else care to join us in London ? Should be fun so " Cmon down".

Annie
September 26th, 2013, 04:02 PM
I will also be there, and it's looking promising that my eldest will be with me as well. He's been bitten by the FP bug well and truly:)

Good to know that the offspring has inherited an important trait. Looking forward to seeing you both.

View from the Loft
September 28th, 2013, 01:43 AM

Good to know that the offspring has inherited an important trait. Looking forward to seeing you both.

He's got the hang of this alright. He will be looking for a pen to celebrate his new job.

The other pair both use FPs, and the middle one is mildly irritated that he can't really use an FP at college because he is studying motor vehicle maintenance. FPs and workshops don't mix.

It's handy all of us using FPs as the is always a decent inked pen to hand, and nobody complains when new inks etc arrive.

grandmia
October 5th, 2013, 01:50 PM
See you all in London tomorrow.....

grandmia
October 7th, 2013, 04:44 PM
Hi all...Even though I was very late attending the show I still managed to make a video for them that could not attend...Enjoy.

http://youtu.be/P_wVv9ozKjw

Mags
October 7th, 2013, 06:14 PM
Thank you very much for uploading this video. Wow it looked a bit bigger than DC and less crowded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Tracy Lee
October 7th, 2013, 07:25 PM
I loved that, but I couldn't seem to grasp anything I reached for. :-) Big plus your opening scene is a table of Visconti. Thanks so much for sharing!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 4

grandmia
October 9th, 2013, 03:22 AM
Thanks to you all for your comments