PDA

View Full Version : The Dallas Pen Show is right around the corner

penwash
September 6th, 2023, 09:12 PM
Hot from the press! The vendors for the Dallas Pen Show is now listed on the website. As usual, the list may change a bit to reflect last minute cancelations, which will quickly be filled by some vendors who are in the waiting list queue.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53170170095_2d06a2c387_c.jpg

This is one side of one of the pen cases I'm going to populate the Redeem Pens table with. Along with some unique postcards with my sketches (some are enroute from the printer as we speak).

KKay
September 13th, 2023, 09:37 AM
If my friend does not have to work, and wants to drive there...I will go! I got a card, and it says the dates are Sep 29th-30th

penwash
September 13th, 2023, 10:41 AM
If my friend does not have to work, and wants to drive there...I will go! I got a card, and it says the dates are Sep 29th-30th

Well, I hope you can attend the show. If you did, stop by my table and say 'Hi!'.

penwash
October 1st, 2023, 10:08 AM
*** Sorry for the title of the thread, I should have just said DPS 2023

So another Dallas Pen Show is in the books. Lots of things to unpack (not just the pens).

As with every show that I attended, it's the connection with a few people that I made even in a brief period of time, that stays longer in memory and impressions. The pens are of course cool but hanging out with pen friends (old and new) is cooler.

My workshop on Sketching with Fountain Pens is again, packed with attendees. I feel bad because some had to sit on the floor. I'd ask for a larger room for next year, wish me luck.

KKay
October 2nd, 2023, 05:15 PM
Yes my friend decided the only thing he and his wife would get, is a bottle of ink. So to him it was not worth the trip, as he has tons of pens already. They went to Canton Trade Days instead. It seems it has changed a lot since he last was there, and he told me he found nothing, and the crowds there were incredible.