PDA

View Full Version : Are Leonardo Nibs Jowo or their Own?

LarryinIowa
September 11th, 2023, 09:13 PM
I have a Momento Zero from a couple years ago. I believe it has a Jowo nib.

I recall reading somewhere that Leonardo was going to start producing their own nibs. Is that true? Does anyone have information about Leonardo nibs?

Also, I acquired a Furore that has had a generic Jowo nib unit installed. If I wanted a genuine Leonardo branded nib, can I get one from anyplace other than Leonardo? Their steel nibs are spendy enough, but then there are shipping charges added.

GiardinoItaliano
October 17th, 2023, 02:50 PM
They're Jowo nibs

AlohaPens
October 17th, 2023, 09:16 PM
Early Leonardos had Bock nibs. I've heard different stories about their new nibs - whether they are custom nibs made by Jowo or real in-house nibs made by Leonard.

thephantom
March 22nd, 2024, 07:20 AM
Apologies for hijacking the thread but this is on the same topic. I bought a Momento Zero Sand this year. Sometimes my being OC kicks in so I'm looking at getting an extra nib. Given I got the pen recently, I'm assuming this is a Jowo nib. I asked some sellers if they have this but they're saying they don't have Bock anymore. They only have Jowo which appears a bit more plain looking than what I have. I'm confused. Is this a Bock or a Jowo? Appreciate the help.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240322/6467aeab217a837d94f338f36cba2c94.jpg

Sent from my SM-F946B using Tapatalk

Dougc
March 22nd, 2024, 07:38 AM
Apologies for hijacking the thread but this is on the same topic. I bought a Momento Zero Sand this year. Sometimes my being OC kicks in so I'm looking at getting an extra nib. Given I got the pen recently, I'm assuming this is a Jowo nib. I asked some sellers if they have this but they're saying they don't have Bock anymore. They only have Jowo which appears a bit more plain looking than what I have. I'm confused. Is this a Bock or a Jowo? Appreciate the help.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240322/6467aeab217a837d94f338f36cba2c94.jpg

Sent from my SM-F946B using TapatalkI believe (not 100%) that the one you show is a La Fenice nib which is compatible with Jowo. Earlier nibs were Bock.
I would wait for someone else to chime in to confirm.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Jon Szanto
March 22nd, 2024, 11:10 AM
They have been using Jowo for a few years now, and all of the nibs that have the La Fenice design/engraving pattern are Jowo. I don't know of any others, but I do know that the Italian pen brand Santini Italia makes their own nibs. I just purchased one at the California Pen Show in February and it is a very nice nib.

thephantom
March 22nd, 2024, 12:42 PM
Thank you Dougc and Jon Szanto. Both your replies made my search so much easier. I've been searching Jowo vs Bock Leonardo yesterday and couldn't find the results I want. I didn't know this nib had a name. Now when I searched for La Fenice, all the info I need just pops out. Thanks again.

Sent from my SM-P619 using Tapatalk