PDA

View Full Version : Legacy, two nib sections...how do I know what to ask?

Sailor Kenshin
September 20th, 2013, 09:52 AM
I bought a Sheaffer Legacy in brushed gold finish, and then an extra section. It has a B nib, and the 'extra' is an F. Used, but con, box and all are intact, and in good shape.

I am only thinking of selling it because it's so heavy I seldom use it. A quick look on fleabay for similar pens made my jaw drop. Yikes! Anywhere from $150-$500!

How do I know what to ask, IF I sell?

Thanks.

jar
September 20th, 2013, 11:13 AM
There were two brushed gold versions, one called "Kings Gold" IIRC was crosshatched, the other just brushed. The plain brushed version was about $75.00 less than the "Kings Gold" version. Again, shooting from memory and I'm old and forgetful.

The extra section probably won't add much actual value but you do double your potential audience.

The last brushed gold one I bought was new and I paid under $200.00 for it I believe.

mmahany
September 20th, 2013, 11:45 AM
I would be very surprised if you get more than $250 for it. $200 would probably be a good number to shoot for.

terim
November 15th, 2013, 07:56 AM
We sell used ones in perfect condition for around $150. The brushed gold ones are not as popular as the "kings gold" model .... In fact, they are probably the least popular Legacy in our experience. The spare nib is worth around $75.

Sailor Kenshin
November 15th, 2013, 08:05 AM
Thanks. Doesn't sound worth selling, unless I trip over a buyer who just HAS to own it.