PDA

View Full Version : Sterling Sheaffer - modern

FredRydr
September 25th, 2023, 10:38 AM
Here are two wonderful examples of Sheaffer's modern sterling pens that harken to earlier times. I am using both today on correspondence, and decided to post a photo of the sterling pair.

On the left is the 1992 solid overlay version of the Sheaffer Nostalgia. The Nostalgia was introduced in 1970 with an open overlay in either sterling, vermeil or 14k gold. Various iterations were released over the following 26 years, but in 1992 Sheaffer produced this engraved solid overlay in sterling or vermeil. I bought from Jim Rouse a sterling pair, open and solid, but preferred and kept the solid overlay while selling the other. It has a squeeze converter and an ornate 18k factory stub nib.

On the right is Sheaffer's Legacy Victorian that was issued in 2005. It only recently came to me by generous good fortune. Its sterling barrel and cap are beautifully engraved in a traditional pattern. This is more refined than the problematic sterling Legacy "touchdown" I once owned. The 2005 Legacy Victorian uses a piston converter and sports a classic inlay 18k M nib.

usk15
September 25th, 2023, 10:40 AM
Beautiful!

Chrissy
September 25th, 2023, 02:26 PM
Fabulous pens there Fred. :hail: Loving that Sheaffer Legacy Victorian. Have occasionally drooled over them on ebay every once in a while when they rarely crop up. :)

Woody
December 2nd, 2023, 01:10 PM
Great post Fred. I’m the proud owner of the Victorian Legacy. Lovely pen.