PDA

View Full Version : Pen Pal Request

calamus
October 4th, 2023, 04:15 PM
Hewdy Everybody,

My son, Anthony, who is a young adult with Down syndrome, would like to have a penpal. We live in California, and he is equally open to US or international penpals. His letters will tend to be short, and he does not expect to receive long ones. He also likes postcards, and would be just as happy to exchange postcards as exchange letters. He has signed up for Postcrossing, and will be mailing postcards around the world, and receiving postcards, but the people who will send him postcards will not be the same ones that he's sent his to.

He has trouble reading cursive, and requests that people write to him using block letters.

Please PM me if you are interested.

Thank you!

VertOlive
October 13th, 2023, 07:10 PM
Have you tried “A World of Snail Mail” ? It was founded by a member of this forum and is a friendly place for letter writers.

https://s-mail.proboards.com/

Chrissy
October 14th, 2023, 12:20 AM
Thanks VertOlive that's a nice forum. :)

FredRydr
October 14th, 2023, 03:44 AM
Goodness! I had a look and discovered I registered there six years ago and forgot all about it.

calamus
October 14th, 2023, 07:02 PM
Thanks! Looks like a great website, but my son now has two penpals through FPG, plus he would have trouble navigating it because he has Down syndrome, even though he is very high functioning. But it looks like a great resource nonetheless.

Anthony will be hard pressed to add yet more penpals at this point and keep up with them, so for now the request on his behalf is closed. Thank you to the lovely people who agreed to become penpals with him. He very much appreciates it.