PDA

View Full Version : Montblanc LE inks: Beatles and Robert Louis Stevenson

tadamonoron
October 6th, 2023, 04:36 PM
I have two bottles of ink that I do not like much: they were dip tested with two separate clean pens and have been sitting in the cabinet.

- Montblanc Beatles Psychedelic Purple for $60 (I would trade this for MB Jimi Hendrix Purple ink, if someone doesn't like that.)
- Montblanc Robert Louis Stevenson Maronne for $40 (I would trade this for MB Ferrari Ink, if someone doesn't like that.)

(Shipping cost not included, and payment via PayPal Goods and Services only.)

(Open to other ink trade ideas -- preferably Montblanc LE or some Japanese-market inks)

Interested in USA shipping only (international ink shipping is expensive and a hassle; sorry)

Chrissy
October 7th, 2023, 01:33 AM
Just as a possible option Wheelers Luxury Gifts UK (http://www.wheelersluxurygifts.com/gifts/stationery-refills/fountain-pen-refills?brand=6&p=2) currently have Montblanc Robert Louis Stevenson Maronne in stock, they also had Jimi Hendrix when I last looked but that's now marked as out of stock.
They are running a 10% off offer for newsletter subscribers. I don't know what their minimum spend is for International shipping but you could always have a look.
I've bought many things from them over the years and was advised that as a VIP my discount starts during this weekend but otherwise I have no association with the company. Just a satisfied customer. :)

tadamonoron
October 7th, 2023, 07:10 PM
Thank you Chrissy -- it indeed is a great reference (thanks for sharing), even though shipping to USA is 40GBP :-(

I think the MB Stevenson is in-stock at many places in USA.

Chrissy
October 7th, 2023, 11:23 PM
£40 shipping sounds a lot. Perhaps they don't use Royal Mail for some reason. That's disappointing. :( I've sent many bottles of ink to the US for significantly less.