PDA

View Full Version : Super5 - Delhi

Yazeh
October 20th, 2023, 09:32 AM
Super5- Delhi

I personally would not appreciate receiving a letter with this ink with an Ef nib, :D however, I enjoyed using this ink for art projects.
It is my understanding that the inks were originally made by Roherer and Klingner and used the same bottles, but the packaging has changed and now the inks come in 30 ml bottles.

What surprised me was the amount of ink stuck in the transparent section of pilot Kakuno, which I had forgotten in water for 3 days. It needed a pen flush to remove it.
It’s no biggy in my book, but it might be for some.

Ink is very well behaved and works well on copy paper with most nibs.
If you want a slightly reddish waterproof orange go for Carmen, which is easily available in North America and cheaper.
Chroma
Writing samples:
It really well behaved on Hammermill, the only bleed though was with heavy handed flexing :D
Photo:

Comparison:
Watertest: (Nothing budged)

And finally an artwork: Castle, This was part of the inktober challenge, it gave me the opportunity to use Super5-Delhi (rigtht) and R&K Sketchink Carmen (Left)
The idea was of walls we built around our selves...
The blue ink is Herbin Bleu Nuit....
https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/40ec5a00-e4c5-4dd3-a75c-65ad77daaf5a/dgc7jec-ec4ffe19-4747-44c2-b926-3269cd5be896.jpg/v1/fit/w_828,h_1036,q_70,strp/castle_by_yazeh1_dgc7jec-414w-2x.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9. eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZD QxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgy MjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaW dodCI6Ijw9MTYwMSIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzQwZWM1YTAwLWU0 YzUtNGRkMy1hNzVjLTY1YWQ3N2RhYWY1YVwvZGdjN2plYy1lYz RmZmUxOS00NzQ3LTQ0YzItYjkyNi0zMjY5Y2Q1YmU4OTYuanBn Iiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEyODAifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcn ZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.ww54xi-Me5IQovtjZT6x6MjhhZuti80tOFLhObE4nFE

· Pens used: Pilot Kakuno Ef, Kaweco Sport (EF/F/M/B/1.9), Kanwrite with an Ahab nib
· What I liked: Nice bright orange colour.
· What I did not like: Price, availability in North America, and cleaning, dryness
· What some might not like: Same as above.
· Shading: No, only with very wide nibs…
· Ghosting: No.
· Bleed through: No.
· Flow Rate: Medium
· Lubrication: Slightly below average, especially with Ef nibs.
· Nib Dry-out: No.
· Start-up: No.
· Saturation: No.
· Shading Potential: Dismal.
· Sheen: No.
· Spread / Feathering / Woolly Line: No.
· Nib Creep / “Crud”: No.
· Staining (pen): No.
· Clogging: No.
· Cleaning: It needs a cleaning solution.
· Water resistance: Excellent
· Availability: 30 ml /Cartridges

Please don't hesitate to share your experience, writing samples or any other comments. The more the merrier :)

LizEF
October 20th, 2023, 11:45 AM
"Ohmmmmm," said the kitty.

"Ohmmmmm," replied the mousey.

:) Love it!

Thanks for the review, Yazeh. I like the color and shading, but am not going to go hunting overseas inks, so I'll survive without it. Lucky you - no chance I'll write you an EF letter with it. ;)

mizgeorge
October 20th, 2023, 11:56 AM
Lovely review (and lovely kitty).

I've been tempted by the super5 range, but never got any as it was all such a faff from here as none of my European suppliers that don't charge a huge postage premium ever seemed to have it.

Now I see the comparison, I'm not worried!

I think it might just be the time of year, but I seem to be suffering from ink ennui, and haven't found anything much I want to get recently. Either that, or perhaps I've reached saturation point!

Yazeh
October 20th, 2023, 11:58 AM

Thx!

Thanks for the review, Yazeh. I like the color and shading, but am not going to go hunting overseas inks, so I'll survive without it.
Carmen is quite close :)

Lucky you - no chance I'll write you an EF letter with it. ;)
Such a blessing :pound:

Sailor Kenshin
October 20th, 2023, 12:37 PM
Love orange in clothes and inks! And the shading this exhibits in a fat nib. I don't think I would like its staininess, though, and it might be hard to read.

Beautiful sketch. Kitteh and Mousie seem to be enjoying themselves, lucky pair.

Thanks, Yazeh, for continuing with these reviews and comparisons. Caran D'Ache Electric Orange might be an ink I'd actually use!

Yazeh
October 20th, 2023, 01:07 PM
Lovely review (and lovely kitty).
🙏

I've been tempted by the super5 range, but never got any as it was all such a faff from here as none of my European suppliers that don't charge a huge postage premium ever seemed to have it.
A blessing is disguise I guess :)

Now I see the comparison, I'm not worried!
Then I achieved my goal!

I think it might just be the time of year, but I seem to be suffering from ink ennui, and haven't found anything much I want to get recently. Either that, or perhaps I've reached saturation point!
That's the beginning of enlightenment 🙏

Yazeh
October 20th, 2023, 01:10 PM
Love orange in clothes and inks! And the shading this exhibits in a fat nib. I don't think I would like its staininess, though, and it might be hard to read.

Beautiful sketch. Kitteh and Mousie seem to be enjoying themselves, lucky pair.

Thanks, Yazeh, for continuing with these reviews and comparisons. Caran D'Ache Electric Orange might be an ink I'd actually use!

🙏 for your kind words. Electric orange is a pricey bottle of ink but with the cartridges it's manageable :)

Lloyd
October 20th, 2023, 07:20 PM

Thanks for the review, Yazeh. I like the color and shading, but am not going to go hunting overseas inks, so I'll survive without it. Lucky you - no chance I'll write you an EF letter with it. ;)
No EF letters with that ink. They'd be too EFing hard to read.

Typos courtesy of Samsung Auto-Incorrect™