PDA

View Full Version : Rohrer & Klingner sketchINK Carmen

Yazeh
October 27th, 2023, 04:54 AM
Rohrer & Klingner sketchINK Carmen

I was quite a bit excited when I started review. The colour seemed promising however, in the end the promising colour was due to a not so thoroughly cleaned feed. :(
The colour is quite close to Super5 Delhi (https://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/40868-Super5-Delhi)which I reviewed prior.

I was excited when I saw the reddish blob in the chroma but in the end was disappointed by the colour. It’s another pure orange.
Writing samples:
As you can see the heading and the F nib is darker but soon after the colour reverted to what it should be.
A comparison page between Super5 Delhi and sketchINK Carmen
It's really ugly on copy paper.
photo:
Comparison:
l80941
Water test: (Left side was under water)
And finally a homage at the opera Carmen and the fatal flower that seals the tragic destructive relationship:
https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/40ec5a00-e4c5-4dd3-a75c-65ad77daaf5a/dgdt21j-1dd31fd5-ff47-4161-be31-5a10ba128253.jpg/v1/fill/w_906,h_882,q_70,strp/fatal_flower_by_yazeh1_dgdt21j-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9 .eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZ DQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTg yMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7Imhla WdodCI6Ijw9MTI0NiIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzQwZWM1YTAwLWU 0YzUtNGRkMy1hNzVjLTY1YWQ3N2RhYWY1YVwvZGdkdDIxai0xZ GQzMWZkNS1mZjQ3LTQxNjEtYmUzMS01YTEwYmExMjgyNTMuanB nIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEyODAifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlc nZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.SZNdrNH9DbBZODcF 86OeMzZhePBVttIFMaE0s-pY_Yo

· Pens used: Pilot Kakuno Ef, Stub , Kaweco Sport (EF/F/M/B,1.9), Kanwrite with an Ahab nib
· What I liked: The name, reddish orange hint.
· What I did not like: I prefer my oranges on the red side.
· What some might not like: Dryish ink, nanopigment ink,
· Shading: No.
· Ghosting: With very wet pens and have handed writing. ..
· Bleed through: Same as above.
· Flow Rate: Medium
· Lubrication: Dry
· Nib Dry-out: Not noticed.
· Start-up: No.
· Saturation: No.
· Shading Potential: Dismal.
· Sheen: No.
· Spread / Feathering / Woolly Line: No.
· Nib Creep / “Crud”: No.
· Staining (pen): No.
· Clogging: No.
· Cleaning: It's a nano pigment ink. They tend to stick to everything, so you might need to use a penflush to be sure.
· Water resistance: Excellent.
· Availability: 50 ml

Please don't hesitate to share your experience, writing samples or any other comments. The more the merrier :)

LizEF
October 27th, 2023, 10:28 AM
Thanks, Yazeh, for pushing through the disappointment to bring us another fun review! :) The color isn't bad from the wetter applications, but doesn't compel me to shop... :) Nice flower drawing. Love Sr. Mouse enamored with Carmen-kitty. :D

Yazeh
October 27th, 2023, 11:07 AM
Thanks, Yazeh, for pushing through the disappointment to bring us another fun review! :) The color isn't bad from the wetter applications, but doesn't compel me to shop... :) Nice flower drawing. Love Sr. Mouse enamored with Carmen-kitty. :D

Glad, I spared you another orange ;) I'm sure if you mix it with a bit of Klara/Marlene/ Frieda you can create enough murk-dom, but then why bother!
Glad you like the flower and the Carmen Kitty!

penwash
October 27th, 2023, 01:16 PM
I love orange colors (especially when combined with dark grey background).
But this ink is just ... not exciting.

Thank you for taking one for the team, Yazeh! :)

mizgeorge
October 27th, 2023, 01:32 PM
Thank you as always Yazeh. That's another one you've saved me (and I suspect many others) from.

It doesn't detract from how much I like the artwork though - Kitty Carmen is delicious!

Yazeh
October 27th, 2023, 01:53 PM
I love orange colors (especially when combined with dark grey background).
But this ink is just ... not exciting.

Thank you for taking one for the team, Yazeh! :)

Most welcome! I'll ty the dark grey /orang combo next time :)

Yazeh
October 27th, 2023, 01:54 PM
Thank you as always Yazeh. That's another one you've saved me (and I suspect many others) from.

It doesn't detract from how much I like the artwork though - Kitty Carmen is delicious!

I'm glad to save anyone from unnecessary inks :D
Thanks a lot for your support 🙏

Sailor Kenshin
October 27th, 2023, 02:20 PM
I like orange. In inks, in clothing, et cetera. The color doesn't seem soooo very bad, but you know how I feel about nano inks, especially dry ones. Yet you managed to do something very cool with it. Thank you!

I love the tulip and the scene from CarMeow. Olé, Yazeh!

Yazeh
October 27th, 2023, 03:07 PM
I like orange. In inks, in clothing, et cetera. The color doesn't seem soooo very bad, but you know how I feel about nano inks, especially dry ones. Yet you managed to do something very cool with it. Thank you!

I love the tulip and the scene from CarMeow. Olé, Yazeh!

Your comments are much appreciated. Many Olé to you too!🙏