PDA

View Full Version : FPGeeks Forum Statistics?

carlos.q
September 23rd, 2013, 05:39 PM
My question has to do with the FPGeeks Forum Statistics: there are some 2,850 members but only 675 "active members". What's the difference? What happens to the "inactive members"? :noidea:

fountainpenkid
September 24th, 2013, 04:54 AM
My question has to do with the FPGeeks Forum Statistics: there are some 2,850 members but only 675 "active members". What's the difference? What happens to the "inactive members"? :noidea:

I think inactive members are members who have never made a post in a true forum here (like this one.)

ardgedee
September 24th, 2013, 03:26 PM
An inactive member is usually defined as one who hasn't participated within the most recent (something) number of days. Logging in is usually sufficient to qualify as participation. The exact definition varies by site and software used.

vBulletin defines as active any account that has logged in within the past (something) days. The default is 30 days. (http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum/vbulletin-legacy-versions-products/legacy-vbulletin-versions/vbulletin-3-6-questions-problems-and-troubleshooting/211572-active-users) Since this number can be changed by the site's administrators, our hosts would have to tell you what the cutoff is.