PDA

View Full Version : Making my own inks, any interest?

JTokash
September 26th, 2013, 12:43 AM
I know I'm pretty new here, so I thought I'd let you know a bit about me and also mention that I'm starting to make my own inks now.

I'm a Ph.D. scientist with my own garage mad scientist's lab that lets me play around with all sorts of stuff that I can't do at work. My background is in physics and electrochemistry, so I play with chemicals all day and have been working on making inks once I get home in the evenings.

I guess I'm just curious if there would be any interest in my inks? These are super high purity since I buy ACS grade chemicals instead of " technical grade" ones. I'll upload some photos tomorrow since I'm on my phone now and can't seem to figure out how to post them in this mobile version of the forum.

If there's enough interest, I'd consider sending some test samples to get feedback so I can make them as good as possible... at this point I'm still in the development phase. They are all neutral or near-neutral pH and I'm just tweaking the viscosity and surface tension to get proper flow characteristics. The inks are dye-based and I have seven base colors so far, which will let me blend custom colors in the near future. The base colors (from the raw dyes) are: black, blue-black, red, yellow, green, blue, and violet.

I hope this is the right place to post this... I've been talking with the infamous S.B.R.E. Brown and Azizah (GourmetPens) on Twitter and via email, and Azizah suggested that I post here to see what everyone thinks.

Thanks for your attention if you've read this, any feedback would be greatly appreciated. If interest is really high, I'm hoping to turn this into a side business and I would always welcome input so that my inks could be as good as they could get.

Kind regards,
Justin

Jon Szanto
September 26th, 2013, 12:54 AM
Hello Justin, and welcome!

Certainly an intriguing pursuit, and it seems like there are a fair number of smaller 'artisanal' ink creators popping up these days. I'll certainly keep an eye out for your posts, and would be interested in working with some test samples. Ahead of that, I look forward to seeing photos of your work.

Well, that's that. Night!

JTokash
September 26th, 2013, 01:22 AM
Hi Jon,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I'm fairly new to the fountain pen scene, but I've jumped in with both feet. To me, this is fun trying to get the mixtures just right. I'm a perfectionist... one of the side effects of my 9 to 5 job... so I really look at this as a work in progress. My main goal is to make very high purity inks since I don't like the idea of unknown impurities.

I have a rather packed day at work tomorrow, which will be a 12 hour day, so I'll try to get out of my lab and into my office to scan in some writing samples. If I don't get to that tomorrow, it might be until Monday since I'm off work on Friday and my scanner at home isn't working.

Jon Szanto
September 26th, 2013, 01:47 AM
No rush on my part, certainly. I'm out of town on business all day tomorrow anyway!

dobemom
September 26th, 2013, 04:36 AM
I'm envious of your background! My background is in studio art and either ink formulation wasn't part of my 'materials and techniques' class or I slept through that part of it ( doubtful! ).

I can't wait to see where this journey takes you and I'll be checking in to see how it progresses. I think it's a great idea and I wish you every success.

KrazyIvan
September 26th, 2013, 08:27 AM
The more ink there is to go around the better. Count me in to at least sample and review. :) I like blue inks that lean green along with reds, browns and greens. I would love to see some swabs.

Posting pics via mobile is easier if you have a photo hosting service like Flickr or Photobucket. They have free accounts. I use Flickr. They have a n Android app that makes it easy to upload photos. Once you do that, just copy the BBCode sharing link they give your photo and paste it into a reply box here. If you need any further help don't hesitate to PM me.

Laura N
September 26th, 2013, 08:49 AM
Good for you. Here's the only advice I can give you, and it may seem like a downer, but it's meant well: make sure to test the inks extensively before you sell them to the public.

This is based on two experiences. The first was with Pharmacist on FPN. He came up with some iron gall inks in unusual colors. He tested them extensively to make sure they had no issues before selling them. He makes small batches and sells them directly. He then improved the colors based on customer feedback. Even though many people worry about iron gall inks, his have performed flawlessly for me even after more than a year.

Another member of FPN started a conventional ink company (as a side business) that has since grown. These inks now are sold through some prominent online pen stores. Before he started distributing them through stores, I bought two or three inks from his first batch. The original bottles were poorly suited for ink, and one leaked during transport, though not all the ink was lost. But after a month or so, a different one of the inks developed a problem where it separated out in the bottle and left a bunch of gunk on the bottom. I threw all of them out. Sadly, I won't buy from that company again, because based on my experience, they didn't put enough time or research into determining if the ink will be safe for long-term use. I don't want to take that chance with my pens.

caribbean_skye
September 26th, 2013, 10:11 AM
Hello and welcome.

I think you've come to the right place, we all love our pens and ink and who doesn't love seeing new and different ink colours.

AndyT
September 26th, 2013, 10:26 AM
I'll certainly be interested to see how this progresses.

Feardorcha
September 26th, 2013, 12:35 PM
Count me in

JTokash
September 26th, 2013, 02:48 PM
Thanks for all of the positive feedback so far.

I bought the raw dyes in 250 gram amounts and then portioned them out into small vials... Lesson #1 - my girlfriend didn't like seeing the mess I made in the kitchen, which is why this got moved to our garage.:confused:

Keep in mind that the inks below are the same color as they are now, but I've adjusted the viscosity quite a bit since those inks were way too runny.

Evidence of the mess:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-9ws_w0QWCfs/UjzHl2ttpII/AAAAAAAACRA/w8jjcfo9VYI/w768-h576-no/rps20130920_160139.jpg

Black:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-FaCPJCSXKtA/UjzIaJ0ASRI/AAAAAAAACRI/XdOimbuawLI/w768-h576-no/rps20130920_161149_644.jpg

Blue-black:
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-P6Y3APdWWA4/UjzIuHd1zhI/AAAAAAAACRQ/aKYyxlAlZCU/w768-h576-no/rps20130920_161323.jpg

Red:
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-HbrItNbrJuw/UjzI_BWXRcI/AAAAAAAACRc/4pECq_MVWqU/w768-h576-no/rps20130920_161453.jpg

Yellow: Not shown (it didn't photograph well).

Green:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-DG3V_fw_5MQ/UjzJsHwoTTI/AAAAAAAACRs/5xyvaI41A5o/w768-h576-no/rps20130920_161730_829.jpg

Blue:
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-ESmbd_4jRdM/UjzKZ8_36wI/AAAAAAAACR0/w981YvHKdNY/w768-h576-no/rps20130920_161837_257.jpg

Violet:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-12g4mRA82PM/UjzMYqp28LI/AAAAAAAACSA/_bLdYuzKxxY/w768-h576-no/rps20130920_162149_793.jpg

Here's a poorly lit photo from my cell phone camera since I'm running late and can't seem to get the scanner to work here either:
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-7_je79JXTkE/UjzNBWyOlqI/AAAAAAAACSI/VwIVCLDacjY/w572-h762-no/rps20130920_163157_385.jpg

cwent2
September 26th, 2013, 06:59 PM
I am interested also.

fncll
September 26th, 2013, 07:43 PM
Count me in as a tester/reviewer if you need more...

GourmetPens
September 26th, 2013, 08:27 PM
Woo hoo! Well you already know I'm in :)

carlos.q
September 26th, 2013, 08:31 PM
You may be interested in FPN's S.P. Colfer's story about his attempt at becoming an ink manufacturer:
http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/251873-becoming-an-ink-manufacturer/?p=2767030

JTokash
October 1st, 2013, 12:04 PM
Quick update: I've got seven people interested in testing/reviewing my inks so far, two of which are overseas:

John Szanto
KrazyIvan
Feardorcha
cwent2
fncll
GourmetPens
sbrebrown

I think that's pretty good for now. I've been tweaking the viscosity, surface tension, and pH lately and I'm getting very close to the initial test release. Speaking of pH values, they have all been adjusted to pH 6.6 to 7.2, which is within the range of just about any household drinking water in the world, so these won't be aggressive towards corrosion. I do intend on performing accelerated and long-term corrosion tests just to be sure.

Please keep in mind these are "test inks" and not the final product. You guys will be helping me so much, so please tell me what you like and what you don't like (is that phrase copyrighted by S.B.R.E. Brown?). I won't be offended if you say the inks suck - that just means I have something to improve. One thing I know I need to do is to micro-filter the inks to get any undissolved dye out. I have a vacuum flask filtration setup that can remove any particles larger than 1 micron (0.001mm or 0.00004"), so I'll do that before sending anything out.

Here are some pictures of my latest inks with their corresponding dyes (these are the raw dyes, no blends yet):

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-jxs4teakSdg/UkpBJr20r8I/AAAAAAAACTU/7iMB0NdCV_U/w768-h390-no/rps20130930_212608_950.jpg

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-D5m8fJcRtyM/UkpBXBmn81I/AAAAAAAACTc/45fCtWCiF3g/w768-h363-no/rps20130930_212746_189.jpg

Quick writing sample (Pilot Varsity) and paintbrush swabs:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-OKLaHx3dd-Q/UkoX5JU44KI/AAAAAAAACS8/HQxxDkGsbtw/w875-h458-no/Inks+9-30.jpg

KrazyIvan
October 1st, 2013, 12:30 PM
This looks really cool. Can't wait. :)

cwent2
October 1st, 2013, 01:11 PM
yes, what CI said, always hard to tell from a computer screen but what I see as presented pops, or is vibrant. I too am eager to test em.

dobemom
October 4th, 2013, 05:33 PM
Looking good! I'll be awaiting the results from the panel.

JTokash
October 5th, 2013, 12:27 AM
Hi again,

Just a quick update. I've managed to filter the inks, but that didn't do much since the dyes are quite pure. The bad news is that the red and yellow dyes are giving me some problems. The red one is getting thicker as time passes and the yellow one is separating into two liquid phases like oil floating on water. I contacted my dye supplier and he said the red dye is actually a mixture of red and some other yellow and that particular dye has had problems. He also told me that the yellow is processed with an oil but it is "cleaned" by the manufacturer... well, it's not cleaned very well in my opinion. My supplier apologized and is sending me a new red and yellow that don't have the same problems, so I'll get those sometime this coming week. He is sending them for free, so I think that says a lot for his service and I will gladly buy from him again... just next time I'll ask if the dyes are well behaved first. I didn't expect dyes to act like that or else I would have asked initially.

Sorry for delaying this, but I don't want to send out inks that change over time. I'll make new red and yellow, wait a week or so and then see how they behave. On the bright side, all the other inks are working quite nicely in my testing.

Mod_wolves
October 5th, 2013, 05:48 PM
I could have sworn I tried to get in on this but on reflection I think I did in my head and didn't actually voice my interest. If there is still room for testers I'm definitely in! I'm loving what your doing!

jfsisler
October 5th, 2013, 06:34 PM
I'm interested in the yellow, since it seems you might be on track to create a yellow that could actually be legible and not just another highlighter ink. Good luck!

JTokash
October 7th, 2013, 03:33 PM
Thanks for the feedback!

I'll probably (most likely) have a second round of testing, so I'd be glad to include you two then. It's not that I want to exclude you from Round 1, but I think 7 testers is probably a good number, so rather than up it to 9 testers I think it might cut down on redundancy if we make two test rounds.

jfsisler - thanks for letting me know you're interested in yellow. Yes, this is definitely more dense/legible than a traditional highlighter ink (no idea if it fluoresces like a true highlighter ink). I was considering to not pursue making yellow because I had assumed there wouldn't be much interest in it, but I can easily make it so I'll keep it around.

nomadhacker
October 9th, 2013, 05:01 PM
I'll definitely take on some testing if you need a round two. Otherwise, I'll be happy to join in on your public beta or RTM or whenever you end up getting them out. The base colors look really good.

JTokash
October 12th, 2013, 11:43 AM
I'll definitely take on some testing if you need a round two. Otherwise, I'll be happy to join in on your public beta or RTM or whenever you end up getting them out. The base colors look really good.

Thanks for the feedback!

My dye supplier sent me a new red and yellow, as well as a free sample of a different black. The new red isn't as dark, but it's still quite vibrant. The new yellow is super pale, like highlighter ink, so that probably won't be of much use other than blending with other dyes. The new black is super dark... like black hole dark, with a very slight hint of violet to it.

I'm out of town until this evening, but I'll try to get my camera to pick up the colors as close as possible and post a new set of color swatches when I get home.

JTokash
October 12th, 2013, 09:48 PM
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-EqmyDcDqork/UloVoF77z_I/AAAAAAAACUU/Qno0iO7KgfM/OldAndNewInks.jpg

Sorry for the less than spectacular cell phone photo. My old inks are on the top, then the new black, red, and yellow are next (the new yellow is really pale and hard to see). This new black is pretty nice, but the new red is acting up like the first one (it gets thicker with time, just in the span of a day or two... not good!).

I played around after taking this photo and made a nice medium blue and also a deeper green, kind of like a drab, cactus green.

Oh yeah, these were written with a TWSBI Diamond 540 (Broad) and the swatches are just from a small paintbrush.

jacksterp
October 13th, 2013, 05:01 PM
That new black looks VERY good!

JTokash
October 13th, 2013, 10:33 PM

Thanks! Here's the blue I was talking about earlier... I just called it "Denim" for now, but that might change.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-iaNs3hEnq04/UltvdSyCujI/AAAAAAAACUk/NbNl8zS71Jk/Denim.jpg

Jon Szanto
October 13th, 2013, 11:09 PM
Absolutely. I have two very beloved blacks, but I'll make room for a third.

Here's the blue I was talking about earlier... I just called it "Denim" for now, but that might change.
Ponder some more - if it means anything, Diamine has a blue ink named "Denim".

WirsPlm
October 15th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Neat! And good catch on the dye issues, thickening and separating could cause real issues once inside a pen.

Have you tested for water and light fastness?

JTokash
October 16th, 2013, 11:43 AM
Absolutely. I have two very beloved blacks, but I'll make room for a third.

Here's the blue I was talking about earlier... I just called it "Denim" for now, but that might change.
Ponder some more - if it means anything, Diamine has a blue ink named "Denim".

Yes, I believe Denim was a bad choice, however things like "Sky Blue" or "Baby Blue" just seem overused (maybe not with ink names, but in general). I'm still pondering. :-)

Neat! And good catch on the dye issues, thickening and separating could cause real issues once inside a pen.

Have you tested for water and light fastness?

I haven't checked light fastness, but they are quite waterproof. On cheap paper they feather/bleed a bit if you leave the water stationary or stagnant on the surface of the paper... but if you hold the paper under a running faucet then the inks don't seem to bleed. It's weird, maybe the bleeding is due to extra dye that's not actually bonded to the paper, almost like a pigment ink where it just sits on top of the paper fibers... and maybe under flowing water that extra non-bonded dye is just washed away before it bleeds? I'll look into this a bit more.

fiberdrunk
October 17th, 2013, 08:04 PM
Your inks are really beautiful. Would you be interested in contributing on the Open-Ink wiki (http://www.open-ink.com/)as an ink maker? I'm not the owner of the wiki, though I do contribute (I'm mainly a dip pen ink maker of iron gall, black walnut and pokeberry inks, though I've been able to find a few fountain pens that work with a couple of these inks).

JTokash
October 18th, 2013, 11:39 AM
Your inks are really beautiful. Would you be interested in contributing on the Open-Ink wiki (http://www.open-ink.com/)as an ink maker? I'm not the owner of the wiki, though I do contribute (I'm mainly a dip pen ink maker of iron gall, black walnut and pokeberry inks, though I've been able to find a few fountain pens that work with a couple of these inks).

Thanks for the kind words. Unfortunately, since I am ultimately planning to sell my inks, it wouldn't make sense to put the recipes on the open web for anyone to make. It would be like asking a gourmet chef for their "secret sauce" recipe. I'm not trying to be a jerk, so I hope you can see why I'm not wanting to let the whole world know what I do to make inks.

jacksterp
October 19th, 2013, 03:51 AM
How 'bout "Blue Suede Shoes" instead of "Denim?"

ardgedee
October 19th, 2013, 08:23 AM
Thanks! Here's the blue I was talking about earlier... I just called it "Denim" for now, but that might change.

Staying with the "Denim" theme without having to use that word...
Nīmes ("denim" derives from "de Nīmes")
Blue serge (fabric predecessor to denim)
Selvage (higher-quality denim fabric)

AndyT
October 19th, 2013, 10:19 AM
501 Blue? Bootcut Blue? Rebel Without A Cause Blue? Daisy Duke Blue?? :)

JTokash
October 20th, 2013, 12:10 AM
501 Blue? Bootcut Blue? Rebel Without A Cause Blue? Daisy Duke Blue?? :)

I like Daisy Duke Blue. :-)

Here are two more that I made on Friday. A deeper green, sort of a Ponderosa Pine Green, and a dark gray-blue that's a bit like a Slate Gray.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-tSam28EfO4Q/UmNyGR3d5DI/AAAAAAAACW4/aKybOjJWxlU/10-18-Ink-01.jpg

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-rvITtcv03GY/UmNyJ1z4HoI/AAAAAAAACXA/pZYsM8i8FlY/10-18-Ink-02.jpg

Jon Szanto
October 20th, 2013, 12:46 AM
I like Daisy Duke Blue. :-)
Boom! Me, too!

A deeper green, sort of a Ponderosa Pine Green
Most excellent. I did a search, early on, for the right green for me (darkish, a fair bit of black in it). I settled on Private Reserve Sherwood Green, but I like yours a lot as well.

You know, if you are really interested in getting these inks out there, the hardest part is going to be to make them somehow different. Right now, there are a LOT of inks. Another color that is quite close to another established maker will have an uphill climb. Hence, the name for the first might be a 'foot in the door', as it were.

Looking forward to having time to play with some of these!

AndyT
October 20th, 2013, 02:37 AM
Here are two more that I made on Friday. A deeper green, sort of a Ponderosa Pine Green, and a dark gray-blue that's a bit like a Slate Gray.

I like both of those and can see them having a wide appeal.

JTokash
October 21st, 2013, 12:30 AM
OK, here's my plan for the reviewers/testers:

During this week and next week I'll work on larger batches of both blacks, a dark blue-black, the Daisy Duke Blue, the Slate Gray-Blue, the Ponderosa Pine Green, the original vibrant green, the original violet, and the dark yellow. (So far, I've just been making 25-50 mL at a time to get the ink properties adjusted without using/wasting too much dye.)

So that's nine inks and what I'd like to know is which ones you guys would like to try. I'm not sure how many sample vials I have left, but I doubt I have enough to send all nine to everyone to test. So maybe pick the top five you'd be interested in testing. Does that sound OK?

Maybe it would be better to wait to pick until I make the bigger batches, that way I could scan in a page with the various color swatches so you can see what they look like. But if you know what you want to try already, then feel free to let me know.

JTokash
October 21st, 2013, 08:10 PM
I'm currently making a batch of black ink. This is what a 1 micron filter paper (that was originally bleach-white) looks like as I am purifying the dye before adding it to the ink "vehicle"... so all of that gunk will not be making its way into your pens. :blink:

They tell me this is pure dye... I trust no one when it comes to chemical purity unless I purify it myself. :smash:

You're welcome. :wink:

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-N2m0Ym99jck/UmXbcVeXkII/AAAAAAAACXU/GVVTYWbvac4/rps20131021_183219_180.jpg

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-2gBxUeE56fU/UmXbgClyW5I/AAAAAAAACXc/TROA75EQsjw/rps20131021_183338_601.jpg

Mesu
October 25th, 2013, 11:34 AM
Your attention to detail is commendable :applause:

Please count me in for the next batch of ink testing. I have a lot of pens which i wont miss if anything goes wrong with the testing :D

JTokash
October 27th, 2013, 10:57 AM
Your attention to detail is commendable :applause:

Please count me in for the next batch of ink testing. I have a lot of pens which i wont miss if anything goes wrong with the testing :D

Thanks, I'm a bit picky about chemical purity... job hazard. :-)

Round Two sounds good, I hope the first goes over well.

I've been unusually busy at work, so I'm only a third of the way through making the Round One inks. The colors are a bit darker when making them in larger batches... weird.

JTokash
November 2nd, 2013, 08:41 PM
Just a quick update to apologize for dragging this out. This week was insanely busy at work for me. My boss is quitting and going to another company in 2-3 weeks so the research group I'm in is going crazy. We had a planning meeting and they nominated and unanimously voted for me to be their boss, so we'll see how that pans out.

KrazyIvan
November 2nd, 2013, 08:56 PM
I'm sure everyone here understands that life happens. Thanks for the update.

JTokash
November 5th, 2013, 11:49 PM
I think that for round one I'll skip red and yellow since they are problematic due to dye issues. So I've got two blacks, two blue-blacks, two greens, a medium blue, and a violet.

I'm finishing up the surface tension adjustments, so if I could stop having 10-11 hour workdays I'd say that these should be done early next week (fingers crossed).

Once I get the large batch procedures nailed down, future repeat batches will be easy... right now it's like I'm trying to figure out how to discover the recipe of some unknown food, after I know the recipe it will be easy to make it over and over again. :-)

earthdawn
November 6th, 2013, 12:24 AM
Looking forward to your results... time time time ... it all takes time.

JTokash
November 6th, 2013, 11:59 PM
Looking forward to your results... time time time ... it all takes time.

Thanks, I'm looking forward to it too.

I'd rather take my time and do it right instead of rushing and making so-so inks. :-)

JTokash
November 11th, 2013, 10:40 PM
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-VZc3CvNUYxQ/UoG8kc1KhVI/AAAAAAAACXs/xfhTtWaajPY/rps20131111_222758_655.jpg

Well, progress is slow, but I believe this one is good enough to release for testing.

It's the blackest black I could make, and the dye is at its saturation limit. I call this one "Gravity Bomb."

My dye supplier sent me a bunch of new samples, so I'll play with them after I get this set done. :-)

The weird thing is that these dyes (all of them) smell odd. Some people may find them to be unpleasant, especially the ones that smell like diesel or pesticide. I was hoping they would lose their smell when made into inks, but they still smell weird. I hope that's not a big turn off to people because I have no idea how to "un-funk" them.

earthdawn
November 11th, 2013, 11:25 PM
sooo... who's testing it ????

:crazy_pilot:

snedwos
November 12th, 2013, 09:22 AM
Mmmm... Diesel... I'll test some if you like.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

JTokash
November 12th, 2013, 12:25 PM
sooo... who's testing it ????

:crazy_pilot:

For Round One of testing, I have:

John Szanto
KrazyIvan
Feardorcha
cwent2
fncll
GourmetPens
sbrebrown

Other people will be possible for Round Two (likely different inks).

JTokash
November 12th, 2013, 12:35 PM
Mmmm... Diesel... I'll test some if you like.

Yeah, that's the black I just showed above. I was going to name it "Black Hole" but assumed that was taken by some other ink maker (and black holes kind of suck so I thought that might be a bad name), I suppose I could channel my inner redneck and call it "Rollin' Coal."

The redneck comment is because I grew up out in the sticks of rural Pennsylvania where next-door neighbors are measured by how many miles they are away. :-)

snedwos
November 12th, 2013, 12:48 PM
Black holes do indeed, quite literally, suck...

BikerBabe
November 12th, 2013, 10:08 PM
Diesel? Please consider me joining your testing project. ;)
Even better would be the smell of engine oil, tyres, gasoline, engine exhaust and motorcycle workshop. :D
Ah well, can't have everything, I'm afraid, but it could be fun!

JTokash
November 13th, 2013, 01:42 AM
Diesel? Please consider me joining your testing project. ;)
Even better would be the smell of engine oil, tyres, gasoline, engine exhaust and motorcycle workshop. :D
Ah well, can't have everything, I'm afraid, but it could be fun!

Good to know that I'm not the only one who likes those smells! I practically grew up in my uncle's motorcycle shop. :-)

Now if only I could find a dye that smells like Hoppe's Number 9 gun bore cleaner... I'd be in heaven.

JTokash
November 15th, 2013, 01:05 AM
Just a quick shot of my newest dye samples, two blues, orange, and the third red and yellow. Hopefully the red and yellow work this time without acting up.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-ST0wX2Ac-SI/UoXUwYe9CxI/AAAAAAAACYI/zxEGmpBdXTc/rps20131115_010023_275.jpg

6of1
November 26th, 2013, 02:38 PM
I'm eager to see more of this endeavour.

Be seeing you.

JTokash
December 1st, 2013, 01:40 AM
I'm eager to see more of this endeavour.

Be seeing you.

Thanks, me too!

I've been swamped at work and have been tinkering on my car over the holiday break. I'll get back to finishing my inks this week. It seems that my free time might open up a bit... I hope!

lisantica
December 1st, 2013, 10:52 AM
Would love to test green and violet, or even purchase. I'm impressed with your attention to detail in purification. :thumb:

JTokash
December 4th, 2013, 01:41 PM
Would love to test green and violet, or even purchase. I'm impressed with your attention to detail in purification. :thumb:

Thanks for the kind words. I'll keep you posted as this project matures. I really feel bad that it's taking me so long to get these developed - the fine adjustments are the tricky part.

JTokash
January 6th, 2014, 05:26 PM
Wow, I can't believe that it's been a month since my last post. The usual, excuses, excuses... life happened... too much work. On the up side, I've now had some inks sitting around for 2+ months and there are no signs of any dye settling out or and fungi/bacteria growing. Now I just have to finish making them and get them out to the testers.

-Justin