PDA

View Full Version : Delta Dolce Vita

msw
January 15th, 2024, 11:23 AM
Just 'pulled the trigger' on the smaller Dolce Vita, with some trepidation ... what i really wanted was the full sized one, but couldn't find one except at a ridiculous price point. I'm sure that someone out there has the money, but i just got hit with a bunch of medical bills, and i've had to throttle WAY back on discretionary spending. OK - enough blather ...

Couldn't be happier. I scored one with a stub nib. The packaging is spectacular (which i know, shouldn't matter, but looking good is often half the battle). The pen (even not the "oversize" version) is HUGE - in the same range as a MontBlanc 149. It is a very wet writer, which i prefer. The converter screws in, rather than press fit, which i think is a very nice touch. I got the orange-and-black color scheme ... it really stands out among my other pens - i will confess to having pretty stodgy taste when it comes to colors ... black is the default ...

So, if you're in the market for something pretty spectacular, you could do much worse than to plonk down your hard earned, over-taxed, God-entrusted dollars.

(One guy's opinion ... free and doubtless well worth the pricehttps://fpgeeks.com/forum/images/icons/icon7.png )

Dougc
January 15th, 2024, 11:28 AM
Good for you!
My piston fill DV is one of the few Deltas I have not sold.
It will be with me till the end...(of what I'm not sure).

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

vdiantonio
January 15th, 2024, 11:44 AM
Congratulations on a beautiful pen!

soretailedcat
January 15th, 2024, 12:14 PM
The Delta Dolce Vita Oro Oversized was my first "nice pen" purchased. I also ordered the stub nib & it is always one of my favorite pens despite succumbing to some other "nice" pens. I also have enjoyed its screw in converter although always been a bit annoyed @ the seemingly extra turns necessary to reattach the sections after filling.

I remembered seeing the original orange/black & when I saw that it also came in ALL orange I did not hesitate but suddenly thought I MUST have it. The Oversized also has the large nib & it has never disappointed me.

Enjoy yours & may it continually bring you joy in use!

kazoolaw
January 16th, 2024, 07:46 AM
Not an orange for the mild-mannered. Write boldly!

Dougc
January 16th, 2024, 08:58 AM
Not an orange for the mild-mannered. Write boldly!
This coming from a guy that sold a dull purple Danitrio that was just too much.
I still have it....[emoji13]

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

kazoolaw
January 16th, 2024, 11:35 AM
You are passively spiteful! Good to know it’s in good hands.
At the far end from both is my matte black clipless Ada Nauka.

kazoolaw
January 16th, 2024, 11:36 AM
”Asa” not Ada

Andrew_Lensky
January 23rd, 2024, 02:06 AM
The medium isn't as big as the 149, but it's a pretty thick pen. The combination of black, orange and silver or gold is just as attractive as black with red and gold. Most of all, I like Delta nibs of the first, early design, before the 2000s. Congratulations.

Motomachi10
January 23rd, 2024, 03:56 AM
Congratulatios.I hope that the crop of Deltas will be in the same quality range as the first one.Time will tell.