PDA

View Full Version : Can you tell me the title of the movie I fell asleep watching?

Niner
January 26th, 2024, 09:05 PM
Many years ago, very tired on a weekend evening, I watched the beginning of a movie that promised to be interesting. Then, exhausted, I fell asleep. I want to watch the whole movie. I have forgotten its title. Perhaps someone here can name it.

As I recall:
The movie was in black and white.

It was set in the late 1930's or perhaps 1940 or 41. It seemed to have been made at the same time.

In it, a man has just returned to the U.S. (by ship, I'm pretty sure) from overseas.

Everything, socially or societally at least, seems out of whack to him. If I recall correctly, one peculiarity has to to do with flags, either modified flags or new styles of flags.

He goes to meet a friend, or perhaps former employer or business associate. The meeting is in a formal business office. The men wear business suits.

The protagonist discusses the oddnesses he has observed since his recent return.

The other man instantly quiets him.

And, if I recall correctly, it becomes evident that fascists or perhaps communists (probably fascists) somehow quickly came to power while the man was at sea.

zzz

So what is the title of the movie?

INeedAFinancialAdvisor
January 26th, 2024, 09:15 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strange_Holiday_(1945_film)

don't read the entire synopsis if you don't want to get spoilered.