PDA

View Full Version : Four Color Gallatin

InvisibleMan
September 27th, 2013, 10:52 AM
http://www.pensbylyleross.com/gallatin-5---four-color-swirl-blues-green-white.html

Just polished up last night. Got to bed a little late, but it had to be done on time :whip: This is the second retirement/going away gift pen. It is a standard sized Gallatin - 12mm cap/barrel threads, #5 JoWo nib.

The colors are all slightly pearly - just barely enough to move in changing light. The main color is light blue, with darker blue, light green and white swirled in.

Anyway, thanks for looking! I'll answer questions and would love any comments, critiques, etc.

Lyle

Feardorcha
September 27th, 2013, 12:44 PM
It reminds me of the Google earth satellite images. Excellent work.

Bogon07
September 27th, 2013, 06:34 PM
Fascinating swirly patterns but it does appear to make the pen seem two dimensional at least in the photos.

InvisibleMan
September 27th, 2013, 08:14 PM
Fascinating swirly patterns but it does appear to make the pen seem two dimensional at least in the photos.

I hadn't really noticed, but the photos do make the pen look two dimensional a bit. It is probably because of the light colored background. I also used about half as much pearl as I normally use, and the camera isn't really picking any of it up.