PDA

View Full Version : SOLD WTB or Trade Pelikan 18ct M600 1990 nib - M400 size- or swap my F for your M or B

Chrissy
February 22nd, 2024, 02:50 AM
I have an as new, completely mint condition, 1990 Pelikan M600 with it's original F 18ct nib. It has W.Germany around the cap band so the cap was made before the wall came down in 1989.

This pen sits in a collector box unfilled and unused because I find the F nib too fine for me.

If anyone has the same sized nib in anything wider than F I would love to swap nibs or I could buy a wider nib if someone has one available.

These original M600 pens were issued as an upgrade to the M400 and came with different trim and 18ct nibs although they are the same size as M400 pens. I considered buying a 14ct nib to replace my 18ct version but for me this technically makes it into a "frankenpen" so I would need to keep the original nib and couldn't recoup some of my new nib spend by selling it.

If I can't replace the nib with a similar one with a wider tip then sadly the pen will need to be sold.

I'm aware that current model Pelikan M600 nibs are longer but only because they aren't set as far down into the collar as the M400 nib is. I don't know if it's a simple job to push them further into the collar or if they might need a different collar that allows them to go in deeper.

If anyone has anything that will help please message me. :) Thanks. :)