PDA

View Full Version : My Zequenz Journal

Tracy Lee
September 27th, 2013, 07:20 PM
I finally sat down with this journal to see how FP friendly it is. My verdict - it falls into the "so-so" category for my use. I am not a reviewer so this was five minutes on the couch with my Delta stub. I haven't used a smaller nib to test because my pens have thick, wet lines for the most part and I wouldn't expect different results, and some pens may actually be worse. I'll continue playing. A few of you were interested in how I like it. With a fine nib it might be better, but my impression is that any pressure is going to cause the bleed through. I think a wet flexy pen some of you love would not leave you happy at all.

I will say that the ability to abuse this journal with no ramification is a plus. Toss it around, bend it, fold it up. Those pages are seriously in there to stay, and it will still open up pretty flat. The cover feels like a rubbery faux leather. So for travel it would be good, and the cover might hold up okay to moisture but not the paper inside.

Finally, I know they are made in different paper weights and I am not sure what this is and I didn't see info on the website where I bought it. That may or may not matter? The paper texture is really strange. Waxy? Not really the right word. But coated certainly, in a smooth but odd result. My impression (could easily be wrong) is that they treat the paper so it can be rolled and folded in book form but not get ruined, creased, folded pages when you are done. Some writing with my thoughts, for whatever its worth after a short test:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

Heliotrope
October 30th, 2013, 01:54 PM
I tested a blank 100g Zequenz notebook (pocket size) a couple of weeks ago. I love how it lays flat. Fine and medium points (Iroshizuku ink) worked just fine. A wet flex nib feathered terribly and showed some bleedthrough, like your 2nd picture (Franklin Christoph Olde Emerald ink).