PDA

View Full Version : SOLD FS: Sheaffer Balance II - 70th Anniversary Limited Edition

FredRydr
February 26th, 2024, 09:27 AM
SOLD: Sheaffer Balance II - 70th Anniversary Limited Edition - No. 3821 of 6000 pens issued worldwide. Pristine condition.

Sheaffer had developed the original Balance in 1928. In 1997, Sheaffer introduced from Fort Madison the 70th Anniversary Limited Edition Balance, limited to 6000 pieces worldwide. The pen has the same dimensions of the original oversize pens (from 1930). What is special is it includes an historically-correct lever filler in an otherwise modern pen, and the Lifetime nib is a correct reproduction. "The luminous celadon green finish is accented with vermilion and ebony highlights, hand polished to a gloss sheen." The Lifetime fine nib is 18k with a palladium-plated chevron and ruthenium ball tip. The clip and cap band are 23k gold plated. Box or papers not included. Why pay insane eBay prices to get one of these most in-demand Balances?

$545 $525 including insured shipping to any USPS address. More elsewhere. The first PM that reads “I’ll take the 70th Anniversary Balance” with email address and shipping address holds the pen pending prompt receipt of payment. Checks accepted. If you want online payment, you will receive by email a Square invoice for credit/debit card payment, which can be a PayPal card. Questions and enquiries welcome, but do not hold the pen.

manoeuver
February 26th, 2024, 10:21 AM
gorgeous pen Fred!

Radonactionservices
February 26th, 2024, 10:35 AM
Fred, were these the Balance fountain pens not subject to the fracturing found on the cobalt resins?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FredRydr
February 26th, 2024, 11:25 AM
Fred, were these the Balance fountain pens not subject to the fracturing found on the cobalt resins?
The black, blue and green resin Balance IIs are bullet-proof. I'm aware of posts about fracturing of the acrylic Balance IIs in Aspen, Amber Glow and Jade. I've sold most of the patterns, but never experienced fracturing while in my possession. I don't know that this pattern is any more susceptible than the others. If I kept this pen, I would treat it kindly and protect it from impact; just write with it and admire it.

Radonactionservices
February 26th, 2024, 03:30 PM
Thanks. My blue developed a barrel crack, but also might have been subjected to impact. Appreciate the feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FredRydr
March 6th, 2024, 03:55 PM
Bump the Sheaffer Balance II 70th Anniversary Limited Edition. Perhaps the most gorgeous of Sheaffer's re-releases. Modern reliability in an historic package.

FredRydr
March 13th, 2024, 08:04 AM
SOLD