PDA

View Full Version : Pens I will eventually get (1 year, 2years, 5 years, who knows)

Lince
February 25th, 2012, 09:49 PM
this is more like a wish list but trying my best to limit is to the minimum to make it realistic.
Well here it is .

1. Edison Collier Antique Marble (for sure)
2. Mikarta (for sure)
3. Vac700 (maybe), Click if it comes with a 1.1 CI.
4. Delta Titanio (if I get a reaaaaallllyyyyyyyy good deal)
5. MB149 (only if I get it as a gift).
6. The OMAS 360 red posted here is (beautiful but too expensive.)
7. fountainbel demo with orange caps (beautiful but too expensive).
8. Parker Duofold Centenial Navy pinstipes (just made my list today we will see in 3 years ahead).

Tell me what you thing of the list, which should be first, etc.

Or Share a list of your own if you have it. Writing it down could help to make it real (someday).

At least it helps to get your priorities straight.

Lince

fountainpenkid
February 26th, 2012, 06:36 AM
Chance of Getting One.....
1. OMAS Dama.................................High

2. Pelikan m400 White Tortoise............I getting one soon!!!!

3. Parker Pre-War Vac.......................?

4. Sheaffer's Snorkel.........................High

5. TWSBI Baby Diamond.....................Medium

6. Pelikan Vintage 400 (n, nn)...............Lower

7. Sheaffer Triumph in Brown Striations....?

8. Edison Pearlette Bulb filler................Low

9. Vintage Aurora 88 (earlier model with silver disk at captop).....Lower

10. L&C Hardtmuth Studio................Lower

Pinkys.Brain
February 26th, 2012, 09:57 AM
In the following order

1. Sailor Profit Fude DE Mannen (55°) (http://www.amazon.co.jp/セーラー-10-0212-740-プロフィットふでDEまんねん-ペン先角度55度/dp/B001MTCF92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1329939151&sr=8-1) => because it is so cheap

2. Twsbi 540 1.1 mm stub

3. Twsbi Vac 700 EF

4. Sailor Professional Gear Matt Black with a specialty nib (at least a zoom nib) that fits my writing style...the nib is so expensive...
or: Pilot with a fine soft nib (Waverley(?) or Falcon nib)

(5. some nice Edison pen with Urushi work done by Ernest Shin. The LA Penshow video was a great (unintentional) promotion video, and visiting the Hakumin Urushi Kobo website (http://www.hakuminurushi.com/purchase/inventory.html) made my pants grow tight)

peterpen53
February 26th, 2012, 11:21 AM
@Lince:
I second the Delta Titanio. I have been very satisfied with that pen and if you're into it, the titanium nib has a certain degree of flex, though I would not call it flexy.
Since I love Omas I agree on the 360 (it being beautiful and too expensive).
My personal choice for an Edison would probably be a Pearl, but the Collier will definitely end up on my wish list some day.

@Pinkys.Brain:
I'm also very curious about Sailor pens and their nibs, but would not make a choice before having had the chance to see and write with them.
I will probably order my TWSBI this week, with an additional 1.5 mm unit to go with it.

Cheers,
Peter

Pinkys.Brain
February 26th, 2012, 12:35 PM
@peterpen53:
I also haven't had the opportunity to test one. But from the vids and pictures I've seen so far the specialty nibs are something I really want to try some time. I have to write Japanese so I always wanted a pen that can do both, write extra fine and medium/broad. The Zoom nib might be just right, since I automatically increase the writing angle when writing Japanese characters.
I will have to take test one when I am in Japan the next time and have enough pocket money ~_~

Jon Szanto
February 26th, 2012, 12:55 PM
I'll only list one at the moment:

Sheaffer OS Balance in Ebonized Pearl

I've gotten a standard Balance in this 'finish' in the past year, and it totally hits my aesthetic spot. I passed up quite a few because I wanted a very clean example. That OS, in the same condition, is not only going to be harder to find, but very dear to the bottom line. I'll keep after this one for a while.

Other than that, the list could ebb and flow. I've spent a year getting used to pendom, and I plan on spending the next year or so assessing the situation and starting to make priorities. Hopefully, it will work out as a good synthesis of brain and heart as the collection grows...

peterpen53
February 26th, 2012, 03:35 PM
@peterpen53:
I also haven't had the opportunity to test one. But from the vids and pictures I've seen so far the specialty nibs are something I really want to try some time. I have to write Japanese so I always wanted a pen that can do both, write extra fine and medium/broad. The Zoom nib might be just right, since I automatically increase the writing angle when writing Japanese characters.
I will have to take test one when I am in Japan the next time and have enough pocket money ~_~

Well, if you have to write Japanese characters that would make sense. Just being curious: why would you have to write Japanese? I always find those languages that use totally different characters from ours very fascinating, even though to me totally illegible.
Did you also have a look at Pilot's Custom range? Maybe not as spectacular as the Sailor specialty nibs but they do have a very broad range. This page http://www.asahiyakami.co.jp/shop/pilot_custom743/pilot_custom743.htm
gives a great overview with several videos and writing samples. Just scroll down and you'll find them. And it's all in Japanese so that should be no problem for you.

Cheers,
Peter

KrazyIvan
February 26th, 2012, 04:23 PM
While I don't maintain a list, I know I would like a
1. Micarta
2. Pelikan of some sort but I have not decided yet.
3. TWSBI Diamond 540 in smoke
4. A Mont Blanc 149 or a 146... whichever comes first.
5. An Edison Collier
6. Sailor 1911
7. Edison Nouveau Premiere
8. Edison Nouveau LE pen.

Pinkys.Brain
February 26th, 2012, 05:11 PM
Well, if you have to write Japanese characters that would make sense. Just being curious: why would you have to write Japanese? I always find those languages that use totally different characters from ours very fascinating, even though to me totally illegible.
Did you also have a look at Pilot's Custom range? Maybe not as spectacular as the Sailor specialty nibs but they do have a very broad range. This page http://www.asahiyakami.co.jp/shop/pilot_custom743/pilot_custom743.htm
gives a great overview with several videos and writing samples. Just scroll down and you'll find them. And it's all in Japanese so that should be no problem for you.

Cheers,
Peter

Thanks for the link! I didn't know that Pilot had that range of nibs. They mainly differ in softness and are more "practical/universal" than the specialty nibs of Sailor.
The price is comparable to that of the "normal" Sailor nibs, so it might be a good alternative (=> updated my list).

As to why I have to write in Japanese: I studied Japanese and I am currently working in the library of the department of Japanese studies of my University.

@Pilot Custom 823:
Your link goes to the custom 743, but from there I went to the page of the custom 823: Its plunger mechanism, and that it can completely seal of the ink flow to the feed for travelling/flying, is really interesting (although it might become a nuisance when one just wants to write a quick note).

jor412
February 26th, 2012, 05:26 PM
I have 4 on my list, in no particular order:
1. Edison Mina with a cursive italic nib
2. Platinum pen with music nib
3. Pelikan 400 WT with a fine nib
4. TWSBI 700

Lince
February 26th, 2012, 05:28 PM
Super nice to read from your lists. Some repeat some not. Peterpen I like the looks of the delta a lot, and the nib would be a plus, but have also read that not all the titanium nibs are equal, some more springy than others.
Fountain pen kid, you are into vintage nice choices.
I will wait and see if I can resist for a couple of months before getting one from my list.

Pinkys.Brain
February 26th, 2012, 05:39 PM
Hm, so far everyone wants some pen from Twsbi and from Edison. I expected more Montblancs (maybe everyone already had one...).

p.s.: I just saw an abomination of a pen... (http://www.sailor.co.jp/lineup/fountainpen/11-1807) Need to wash out my eyes...

jor412
February 26th, 2012, 06:44 PM
Hm, so far everyone wants some pen from Twsbi and from Edison. I expected more Montblancs (maybe everyone already had one...).

p.s.: I just saw an abomination of a pen... (http://www.sailor.co.jp/lineup/fountainpen/11-1807) Need to wash out my eyes...

LOL Definitely not a pen I would buy.

peterpen53
February 27th, 2012, 04:04 PM

Don't you think this is cute? :rolleyes: You should see the wide-body airliners they paint for Kitty!

Glad the link was of use to you and I was aware of a similar page for the 823. And credit where credit's due, I found the link in a post on the FPN forum for Pens from the Land of the Rising Sun. On Youtube you can find a video on how to fully fill the 823. Search for username dizzypen.
There's just one thing about the Pilot Custom line: I have yet to find a place or site in Europe where they can be bought. Even Pilot itself only shows the Capless/Vanishing Point on its European website. Which leaves American or Japanese sites, or eBay.

peterpen53
February 28th, 2012, 08:54 AM
I thought about it for a while and then I went through my pen-related notes and bookmarks etc. That was very sobering, because I will never be able to afford all that in the next few years. So I will give you the 10 or so that stand out most, not in any particular order.

1. Lamy 2000. I have held out far too long already on this icon of pen design.
2. Omas Milord Wild Celluloid. Probably my current grail pen. We need dreams don't we?
3. Namiki Falcon. I want to try that strange-looking nib. This will be in my pen case before the end of the year for sure.
4. Pilot Custom 823. Interesting filling system, especially since you can watch it work with that transparent body. A pen that gets good reviews.
5. Pilot Custom 845. Urushi. Another one of those dreams. Can I have two grail pens?
6. TWSBI 1.1 mm stub. Expect this one very soon. Probably with a 1.5 mm unit to go with it.
7. A customized Edison Pearl. I really appreciate Brian's work and I like that I can influence how my pen will look and write. Another strong candidate for this year.
8. Another Edison, probably a Mina or maybe a Collier or Herald Grande, whatever tickles my fancy at the time.
9. Aurora Talentum. A tall pen if I ever saw one and they make their own italic nibs.
10. Any Pilot pen that will accommodate their range of special nibs (the above mentioned Pilots don't).
11. I would like a Bexley Poseidon sometime, perhaps even a Magnum. I like big pens and this one reminds me of a blown-up Pelikan 100.
12. The Kipling is currently the Conway-Stewart that appeals to me most. No hurry.

So what do you think? Any surprises (there were some for me!)?

Cheers,
Peter

KrazyIvan
February 28th, 2012, 08:56 AM
1. Micarta
2. Pelikan of some sort but I have not decided yet.
3. TWSBI Diamond 540 in smoke
5. An Edison Collier
6. Sailor 1911
8. Edison Nouveau LE pen.

I forgot to add a Bexley BX802 in Cracked Ice but I can scratch that off the list now. :p

peterpen53
February 28th, 2012, 09:04 AM
Peterpen I like the looks of the delta a lot, and the nib would be a plus, but have also read that not all the titanium nibs are equal, some more springy than others.
I have heard these rumours too and also that they might damage easily if flexed too much. So I just consider myself lucky and try to be careful. :)

Brian Anderson
March 9th, 2012, 04:11 PM
In no particular order and this may change next week, probably definitely by next month after another pen show has passed. :)

1) Pelikan 800 in red. No wait, blue. no, red. ok, maybe both?
2) Waterman 452 in moderne or "Night and Day" overlay. Someday.
3) A Montblanc. No idea which model. Had a 124 which I thought was a classy looking pen, but neither Lisa nor I could write with it.
4) Old Style faceted Vanishing Point in burgundy, preferably one that writes well. We have all the other colors in the old style.
5) Waterman 58 - user grade even. Massive pen.

None of these I would consider urgent, but they have all been on the list. The VP will probably be the first one, even if I were presented with all five at once on a table and could pick anyone I wanted. :)

Cheers!
Brian

Jimmy James
March 11th, 2012, 02:03 PM
These are the pens I aspire to and thoughts about when/how I'd get them:

1) Noodler's Konrad -- as soon as available
2) TWSBI Vac 700 -- as soon as available
3) Edison model TBD likely production model or group buy -- soonish, maybe Father's Day gift (my wife also wants a pricey Mother's Day gift)
4) Stipula Vedo likely soon -- hoping to sell some mostly Parkers I no longer want to finance this one
5) Visconti Homo Sapiens (unsure of bronze or steel) -- hoping to buy this if/when I get a big work promotion -- could be 2012
6) Edison custom bulb filler model TBD, Gate City Postal, or similar -- hoping to buy this if/when I hit a major weight loss goal -- likely 2013 or beyond

Maja
March 12th, 2012, 01:06 PM
Wish list 2012/2013:

--Edison Collier in "Antique Marble" colour
--Sheaffer Intensity in the "Medici" pattern
--TWSBI Vac700 (not sure what colour to get, though.... :confused:)
--TWSBI Mini (likely in the "clear" colour, to match my Diamond 530)
--Another Noodler's Ahab pen (love my Charon's Panther :cool:--thanks Dan & Eric!)
--A couple of factory stub nibs for my modern Conklin/Monteverde pens

Lince
April 1st, 2012, 08:40 PM
this is more like a wish list but trying my best to limit is to the minimum to make it realistic.
Well here it is .

1. Edison Collier Antique Marble (for sure)
2. Mikarta (for sure)
3. Vac700 (maybe), Click if it comes with a 1.1 CI.
4. Delta Titanio (if I get a reaaaaallllyyyyyyyy good deal)
5. MB149 (only if I get it as a gift).
6. The OMAS 360 red posted here is (beautiful but too expensive.)
7. fountainbel demo with orange caps (beautiful but too expensive).
8. Parker Duofold Centenial Navy pinstipes (just made my list today we will see in 3 years ahead).

Or Share a list of your own if you have it. Writing it down could help to make it real (someday).

Lince

I can cross out one of the list.

dgator
April 2nd, 2012, 04:40 PM
1. Sheaffer Snorkel and/or Touchdown
2. Bexley (perhaps a Corona)

KrazyIvan
April 2nd, 2012, 04:43 PM
I can cross out one of the list. (could not find the cross out command).

Its called the strikethrough tag. Just put an s and /s surrounded by square brakets around the text you want to strikeout.

[-s-]like this[-/s-] just remove the dashes.

Bogon07
April 2nd, 2012, 06:03 PM
LE Lamy Safari and Al-Stars each year until my wife stops my allowance.

Pinkys.Brain
April 12th, 2012, 11:20 PM
I thought I'd get me a Pilot Prera, so I went to an Itoya store in Tokyo to test one - they use them for showing ink colours, so they had about a dozen or so inked up.

I don't like them. The have F nibs that are about as fine as a Kaweco Classic EF nib. But the Kaweco nib is much smoother. The Kaweco nib may be a bit dryer, but the "hardness" of the nibs is about the same...

jotterius
April 17th, 2012, 04:33 AM
TWSBI 540
TWSBI 850 ????? (the metal one)
TWSBI Vac 700
Sheaffer Snorkel
Vacumatic
Nakaya portable writer OF
Edison Herald brown ripple ebonite (maybe bulb filler)
Montblanc 149 or 146
Parker Duofold Big Red
A custom pen from watch_art (S.Newton)
Waterman 52
Sailor P.Gear Realo with a music nib
Aurora 88
Aurora Optima
Visconti Wall Street
Visconti Homo Sapiens Midi
Pelikan M600
Pilot custom 823
Noodler's music nib pen

Or at least I hope I get them

Tracy Lee
April 19th, 2012, 05:55 PM
What a terrific list!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

fountainpenkid
April 22nd, 2012, 08:06 AM
Aurora 88 Vintage (Early model)---I can now cross this off my list! (It will come soon!)
Visconti HS Midi with F nib
Parker Double Jewel Vac with vac celluloid grip
TWSBI Mini (Depending on how the plastic works out this time :)
Waterman's Saftey in woodgrain ebonite
LUS Giubileo 53 ;) (If I EVER find one...)
Sheaffer Snorkel (this summer for my b-day maybe)
Pelikan 400 vintage with a nice flexy nib
Parker "51" Vac
Vintage OMAS

fountainpenkid
January 1st, 2013, 05:09 PM

Now, many months later...
I've had 2 vintage Aurora 88s, I have a TWSBI Mini, a Pelikan 400, the White Tortoise, and two pre-war vacs! (I got half the pens on the list, though not in the order I first listed at all.) Anybody else find that they didn't follow their list? Did anyone actually follow it completely?

82-Greg
January 1st, 2013, 05:42 PM
On my current list:
(pen/probability of acquisition)

Inside of one year:
Pelikan Brown Tortoise M800/Almost Certain

Inside of two years:
Sailor 1911 Realo Large in Burgundy/medium
Pilot Myu/701 (price must be right)

Inside of five years:
Elysee Limited Edition #2 (price must be right)
Lamy 2000 Stainless Steel Limited Edition for Year 2000 (price must be right)
Aurora 88 (Vintage)/medium
Parker T1/medium
Onoto Magna Piston (New)/low
Onoto Magna Piston (Vintage)/low
Rotring Silver w/knurled grip/medium
Soennecken 222 Extra/medium
Waterman Serenite/very low

JustDaveyB
January 1st, 2013, 08:06 PM
On my buy this year (2013) list

1. Pelikan M600 Black (Already purchased - awaiting delivery)
2. Pelikan M800 Green/Black Striated (Already Purchased - awaiting delivery)
3. Pelikan M1000 Black
4. Pelikan M1000 Black/Green Striated
5. Pelikan M400 Black
6. Pelikan M400 Black/Green Striated
7. Pelikan M200 Clear Demonstrator
8. Pelikan M1005 Clear Demonstrator
9. Pelikan M800 Tortoiseshell Brown SE
10. Pelikan M101N Lizard

Plus 2 more pens as yet unnamed but contenders include a Nakaya Decapod Twist, OMAS 360 or Visconti Homo Sapien Bronze

Maja
January 2nd, 2013, 02:05 AM
Wish list 2012/2013:

--Edison Collier in "Antique Marble" colour
--Sheaffer Intensity in the "Medici" pattern
--TWSBI Vac700 (not sure what colour to get, though.... :confused:)
--TWSBI Mini (likely in the "clear" colour, to match my Diamond 530)
--Another Noodler's Ahab pen (love my Charon's Panther :cool:--thanks Dan & Eric!)
--A couple of factory stub nibs for my modern Conklin/Monteverde pens

Well, I got 3 items above in 2012 (items crossed off above), so I'll just add an Italix "Parson's Essential" fountain pen with a Med italic nib.

Not sure about the Sheaffer Intensity any more---it's a nice pen but I'm saving up for a Sheaffer Taranis (which should be coming out around March 2013, according to our local Sheaffer rep) instead....

KrazyIvan
January 2nd, 2013, 09:15 AM
1. Micarta
2. Pelikan of some sort but I have not decided yet. Ended up with a few of the 2XX series and a M100
3. TWSBI Diamond 540 in smoke Ended up with the clear
5. An Edison Collier This one ended up being a Pearl but I still want a Collier in the antique marble but lost a bit of its luster when Brian announced the change in the material. The old material looked a bit deeper/richer in color and is what originally made the pen attractive to me.
6. Sailor 1911
8. Edison Nouveau LE pen. Ended up with an LE pen from Badger and Blade

Here are my updates.

Lince
January 2nd, 2013, 08:49 PM
Original list updated.

Well here it is .

1. Edison Collier Antique Marble (for sure) no longer in the list
2. Mikarta (for sure) got it!
3. Vac700 (maybe), Click if it comes with a 1.1 CI. got the mini instead, will not get the vac
4. Delta Piston (before was the titanium, but I think in the 5 year time frame i will go for the piston (black/orange instead)
5. MB149 (only if I get it as a gift). (I really want it, will move to high)
6. The OMAS 360 red posted here is (beautiful but too expensive.) no longer an option
7. fountainbel demo with orange caps (beautiful but too expensive). no longer an option
8. Parker Duofold Centenial Navy pinstipes (just made my list today we will see in 3 years ahead). Now I want the Akermann edition (it is red) but soooo expensive 600+Euro (maybe in the five year time. )

Lince

Some new Additions.
9. Century 3776 Platinum Blue Chartres Spencerian Mod got it!! still to arrive.
10. Aurora Optima (five year plan)
11. Akerman Pump Pen got it!! It is super cool to write/play with.

As I think back about my list now I see that the pens are more expensive than before. Yikes.
Lets see what 2013 delivers.

fountainpenkid
January 3rd, 2013, 04:54 AM
Wait...are you crossing out all the pens that you got, or all the ones you didn't (talking about the upper list obviously).

Original list updated.

Some new Additions.
9. Century 3776 Platinum Blue Chartres Spencerian Mod got it!! still to arrive.
10. Aurora Optima (five year plan)
11. Akerman Pump Pen got it!! It is super cool to write/play with.

As I think back about my list now I see that the pens are more expensive than before. Yikes.
Lets see what 2013 delivers.

writingrav
January 3rd, 2013, 01:19 PM
I did not have a list last year, but having established a basic collection/rotation that I am very happy with; bought a few clunkers and a few I just don't like for one reason or another, I have 16 pens in rotation, one desk pen and two pens in my short pocket. I know its crazy, but this is actually a reduction in my daily carry. So now I'm basically only interested in pens purely for the pleasure. I am very interested in the new wave of economy pens led by Pilot Metropolitan (which I have) so I am anxiously awaiting the Twsbi Eco and the Pelikan Th.Ink just for fun; At another level I am interested to hear what Brian Grey is planning. I also really want to save for an Aurora, probably the Ipsilon. I am also intrigued by the Delta Fusion so I hope I win that one. I am in love with the Omas Limited Edition 360 Turquoise.

fountainpenkid
January 3rd, 2013, 03:00 PM
I did not have a list last year, but having established a basic collection/rotation that I am very happy with; bought a few clunkers and a few I just don't like for one reason or another, I have 16 pens in rotation, one desk pen and two pens in my short pocket. I know its crazy, but this is actually a reduction in my daily carry. So now I'm basically only interested in pens purely for the pleasure. I am very interested in the new wave of economy pens led by Pilot Metropolitan (which I have) so I am anxiously awaiting the Twsbi Eco and the Pelikan Th.Ink just for fun; At another level I am interested to hear what Brian Grey is planning. I also really want to save for an Aurora, probably the Ipsilon. I am also intrigued by the Delta Fusion so I hope I win that one. I am in love with the Omas Limited Edition 360 Turquoise.
I agree, I can't wait to find out what Brian has done at the Philly pen show! A snorkel filling pen would really be an incredible accomplishment!

jar
January 3rd, 2013, 04:10 PM
I agree, I can't wait to find out what Brian has done at the Philly pen show! A snorkel filling pen would really be an incredible accomplishment!

Why? The Sheaffer Snorkel was overly complicated, held less ink and was less reliable. It was a Rube Goldberg, an intricate solution for a nonexistent problem.

fpquest
January 3rd, 2013, 04:40 PM
My list current list, in no particular order:

1. Nakaya Long Aka-tamenuri or Kuro-tamenuri (no clip)
2. Nakaya Desk Pen Aka-tamenuri or Kuro-tamenuri (no clip)
3. Sailor 1911 Matte Black with Rhodium Trim
4. Sailor Realo (not sure which one yet)
5. Edison Herald Grande - specifics TBD new filling system?

This should cover it for 5 years. It'll be interesting to see if these change.

fountainpenkid
January 3rd, 2013, 05:28 PM
Why? The Sheaffer Snorkel was overly complicated, held less ink and was less reliable. It was a Rube Goldberg, an intricate solution for a nonexistent problem.

I totally agree with you. There aren't many practical reasons for it...But sometimes a pen just is cool...however impractical (though I've never heard of restored snorks being terribly unreliable...). What other pen can squirt ink 6 feet! ;)

Lince
January 3rd, 2013, 08:55 PM
Wait...are you crossing out all the pens that you got, or all the ones you didn't (talking about the upper list obviously).

You wish they where the ones I got. From to top list I only got two Twsbis. The other three the Colier, the Fontainbel and the 360 I did not get, but cross them because they are no longer on the 5 year horizon.

fountainpenkid
January 3rd, 2013, 09:13 PM
You wish they where the ones I got. From to top list I only got two Twsbis. The other three the Colier, the Fontainbel and the 360 I did not get, but cross them because they are no longer on the 5 year horizon.

Ah. Well one can always dream! :)

snedwos
January 4th, 2013, 06:27 AM
Pens I will eventually get:

Pilot VP - within 2 years, hopefully within one
Edison Hudson/Beaumont -- within the year
Sailor 1911 mid size with music nib.

Top priority once I get a chance to start saving:

Nakaya Naka-ai in Aka-tamenuri with a flexible oblique stub nib. And I will not be wanting one of these as a gift, I want to earn the money and buy it myself. It's my primary source of motivation.

Pens I have bought since I joined FPGeeks:

Pelikan M215 -- going to get the nib changed out tomorrow.
TWSBI 540 1.5 mm stub
Noodler's Ahab
TWSBI Mini
Noodler's Nib Creaper
Noodler's Rollerball -- this could be so good, but is so bad...
Sheaffer's Aussie TM Touchdown.

Bogon07
January 29th, 2013, 04:04 PM
Wish list.
Lamy Studio - Pearl Black, Violet, (Shiny Platinum - too expensive & I've now got a platinum CP1)
Lamy 2000 - a design icon
Lamy Scala - the forgotten Lamy
Lamy Al-Star - Pearl 2013 crossed off
Lamy Safari - ? 2013 colour

Wancher 807 - dark chrome or what ever the finish is.

Visconti Wallstreet - Blue crossed off
Green, Red or Silver. I think i like the style better than the Manhattan.
http://fpgeeks.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1422&d=1352084928&thumb=1 (http://fpgeeks.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1422&d=1352084928)

Pelikan Sovereign 405 Fountain Pen black & blue stripes
Pelikan M620 Place de la Concorde
Pelikan M101N Lizard
Soveran 800 Tortoiseshell Brown Special Edition Fountain Pen.
White M205

Waterman Perspective black or lightblue with silver trim
http://fpgeeks.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1423&d=1352085180&thumb=1 (http://fpgeeks.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1423&d=1352085180)
http://fpgeeks.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1424&d=1352085263&thumb=1 (http://fpgeeks.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1424&d=1352085263)

TWSBI Micarta - such a unique material.

Monteverde Prima Fountain Pen - strangely attracted to the swirly ones. With a stub nib - Green -crossed off

Noodler's Konrad Ebonite Ripple
Noodler's Konrad California Tortoise - crossed off
Noodler's Creaper Poltergiest Pumpkin - crossed off

SHEAFFER INTRIGUE WHALE SHARK 612 MATTE CHROME PATTERNED BLUE FOUNTAIN

fountainpenkid
January 29th, 2013, 04:26 PM
Wish list.
Lamy Studio - Pearl Black, Violet, (Shiny Platinum - too expensive & I've now got a platinum CP1)
Lamy Al-Star - Pearl 2013

Visconti Wallstreet - Blue, Green, Red or Silver. I think i like the style better than the Manhattan.
http://fpgeeks.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1422&d=1352084928&thumb=1 (http://fpgeeks.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1422&d=1352084928)

Pelikan M101N Lizard

http://fpgeeks.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1423&d=1352085180&thumb=1 (http://fpgeeks.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1423&d=1352085180)
http://fpgeeks.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1424&d=1352085263&thumb=1 (http://fpgeeks.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1424&d=1352085263)

Monteverde Prima Fountain Pen - strangely attracted to the swirly ones. With a stub nib

Noodler's Konrad ? Tortoise
Noodler's Creaper Poltergiest Pumpkin
The m101n lizard, the Konrad Ebonite, and the Wallstreet (old style I assume) all interest me as well...more of for fun, not that I would actually have the money to buy them (I am considering the Ebonite Konrad though..even if just to try for a short period)

Bogon07
January 29th, 2013, 07:24 PM
The m101n lizard, the Konrad Ebonite, and the Wallstreet (old style I assume) all interest me as well...more of for fun, not that I would actually have the money to buy them (I am considering the Ebonite Konrad though..even if just to try for a short period)

I like the look of the Pelikan Lizard. Pity it doesn't have a Pelikan clip though.
Not sure about Wallstreet old styles ? I'd really like one as an shiny new update to the Parker Vacuumatic but it exceeds the limit I'm allotted to spend per pen

I'm really looking forward to a Konrad Ebonite ripple and interested in what other colours will show up. In the meantime it is tempting to go for on of the Tortoise ones.

Pendora
January 30th, 2013, 10:32 AM
Hello everyone. I see alot of Pelikans on this list so I thought Id chime in with something of interest: I am (just recently) an authorized retailer for Pelikan and since I cannot yet justify carrying a large stock on hand, Im simply offering to "order in" any pen they sell for any customer AND price match anything you can find on the internet from other authorized sellers. Its my way of getting my name out there as a Pelikan dealer and hopefully gaining a nice customer base of people who trust me. Ive been selling for years but am relatively new online.

Michelle
www.pendorapens.com
http://www.pendorapens.com/pelikan.html

Bogon07
January 30th, 2013, 02:51 PM
Pendora that Soveran 800 Tortoiseshell Brown Special Edition Fountain Pen is very alluring. (I think I'll add that to my wishful list).

fountainpenkid
January 30th, 2013, 03:09 PM
Pendora that Soveran 800 Tortoiseshell Brown Special Edition Fountain Pen is very alluring. (I think I'll add that to my wishful list).

Those are quite beautiful, although I think the vintage tortoise color is even prettier...

Lince
February 1st, 2013, 07:22 PM
I have a 140 green stripes. 1950's waiting for me at the post office!!!
I hope I can try it tomorrow and update my list!

fountainpenkid
February 1st, 2013, 07:59 PM
I have a 140 green stripes. 1950's waiting for me at the post office!!!
I hope I can try it tomorrow and update my list!

Vintage pelies are great! I've never had a 140, but I've loved the two vintage 400s I've had.

caribbean_skye
February 2nd, 2013, 09:16 AM

*cackles* Oh wow, thanks for sharing Pinkys.Brain. I needed a good laugh. Thing is, I can probably think of a few people who would LOVE that pen, alas I am not one of them.

caribbean_skye
February 2nd, 2013, 10:15 AM
Since this is the peter pan wish list, here goes nothing:

Sailor 1911 M nib
Sailor Professional Gear Matte Black M nib
Aurora 88, M nib
Parker 51
Nakaya Kuro-tamenuri, piccolo M nib (cigar/clipless)
Nakaya aka-tamenuri, mini decapod M nib (clipless)
Nakaya Enjoying the Moon Cat, Piccolo, M nib (clipless)
Nakaya Naka-ai Cigar Tame-Sukashi Cat M nib
Edison Nouveau Encore Amethyst Ice M nib
Edison Collier Persimmon Swirl F nib
Edison Beaumont Sapphire Flake M nib
Pelikan Souveran M800 TortoiseShell Brown, F nib
Pilot Custom Heritage 92, M nib
Pilot Custom 74 Violet, M nib
Platinum 3776 Century Chartres Blue, F nib
Platinum 3776 Century Shoji, M nib
Platinum 3776 Century Bourgogne, M nib
Parker Ingenuity Red Dragon
Cross SE Year of the Snake Prosperity Blue, M nib
Franklin-Christoph Model 65 (still deciding on nib size/grind/material)
Franklin-Christoph Model 40pa/po (still deciding on nib size/grind/material)
TWSBI Diamond 540 Clear, M nib
TWSBI Vac 700 Clear, M nib
TWSBI 580 Clear, M nib

snedwos
February 2nd, 2013, 12:54 PM
Since this is the peter pan wish list, here goes nothing:
Franklin-Christoph Model 65 (still deciding on nib size/grind/material)
Franklin-Christoph Model 40pa/po (still deciding on nib size/grind/material)

Since this is the Peter Pan wishlist, why decide? Get them all!

caribbean_skye
February 2nd, 2013, 02:20 PM
Since this is the Peter Pan wishlist, why decide? Get them all!

Maybe if I win the lottery or some rich relative leaves me their entire fortune (former is more likely to happen than the latter), I will certainly do that!

auto winder
February 3rd, 2013, 01:06 AM
My list is frequently changing; at the moment I can think of:
Pelikan M800 green stripes
Pilot Vanishing Point
More Parker 51 aerometrics
Parker Vacumatic
A TWISBI pen
Something Italian

Pinkys.Brain
February 3rd, 2013, 02:27 AM
My updated list:

- Sailor Profit Fude DE Mannen (55°) (http://www.amazon.co.jp/セーラー-10-0212-740-プロフィットふでDEまんねん-ペン先角度55度/dp/B001MTCF92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1329939151&sr=8-1) => because it is so cheap done ^_^ -> very light, hard to control, a lot of fun
Twsbi 540 1.1 mm stub exchanged
Twsbi Vac 700 EF exchanged
Sailor Professional Gear Matt Black with a specialty nib (at least a zoom nib) that fits my writing style...the nib is so expensive...
or: Pilot with a fine soft nib (Waverley(?) or Falcon nib)
(some nice Edison pen with Urushi work done by Ernest Shin. The LA Penshow video was a great (unintentional) promotion video, and visiting the Hakumin Urushi Kobo website (http://www.hakuminurushi.com/purchase/inventory.html) made my pants grow tight)[/QUOTE]

New list (in that order):
1) Platinum #3776 Century black soft fine (or extra fine)
2) Platinum #3776 (Century?) black music nib (I would love a Bourgogne, but they don't come with a music nib).
3) Pilot Elabo Metal soft fine(?)
4) Pilot Custom 823 fine or medium
5) Sailor Professional Gear Matt Black Rhodium Trim with a Naginata Concord (Emperor) nib (someday...someday)

Maybe I'll swap the positions of 3 and 4 as they basically cost about the same, and insert a Lamy 2000 after Nr. 3

Realizations:
- Decided that I do not like urushi and maki-e work that much
- I do not need piston fillers. I actually like c/c, easier to clean
- Living in Japan makes my list even more Japan-heavy and actually affordable
- Nothing vintage, so I can actually work down my list.
- My wife would go crazy if she would get a glance at the list ^_^

fountainpenkid
February 3rd, 2013, 06:16 AM
This Year:
Mont Blanc 142 (if nothing else!)
Vintage Aurora 88

Next Year:
OMAS Dama
Sheaffer Snorkel Mandarin

2 Years:
Soennecken 111 Superior (I think it will be a graduation gift to myself ;))

3 Years: ??

caribbean_skye
February 3rd, 2013, 10:19 AM
- Living in Japan makes my list even more Japan-heavy and actually affordable

- My wife would go crazy if she would get a glance at the list ^_^

Ooooh, what Japanese pens do you find affordable there? I'm rather curious as to whether they have domestic pens companies that aren't on the international radar or whether some pens are just more affordable there than they are elsewhere.

As for your wife, hehe, that's why mine is called "Pen wish if money was NO object". I think it's great for one to make a list of things one would like to have, it doesn't have to mean that you forego paying the rent or mortgage to get anything on the list. But it gives you something to save up for and look forward to.

fountainpenkid
February 3rd, 2013, 10:56 AM
Ooooh, what Japanese pens do you find affordable there? I'm rather curious as to whether they have domestic pens companies that aren't on the international radar or whether some pens are just more affordable there than they are elsewhere.

As for your wife, hehe, that's why mine is called "Pen wish if money was NO object". I think it's great for one to make a list of things one would like to have, it doesn't have to mean that you forego paying the rent or mortgage to get anything on the list. But it gives you something to save up for and look forward to.

I think there are ra couple models by sailor and pilot that are only sold there. Jet pens has some of them.

snedwos
February 3rd, 2013, 11:27 AM
OK, I'm going to add a Graf von Faber Castell Intuition Terracotta to my list...

Pinkys.Brain
February 4th, 2013, 07:33 AM

Lets take the 3776 Century for example: I can get that pen for 8,000 Yen without hassling with shipping, ebay, etc. And if I go to a normal store it's just 10,500 Yen. If I'd have tried to buy one in Germany I would have paid a lot more. Then take the Sailor with the specialty nib. About 30,000 Yen. The not that much for what you get.

As for pens that are only sold here: Those pens are (normally) not that interesting to me. But the Nagasawa Shop in Kobe has their own

(Sailor or Pilot) models that look very nice. (The "Redden (http://item.rakuten.co.jp/nagasawa/original-redden/)" for example)1651

EDIT: Okay, maybe TWSBI will make a return to my list with the new Vac700 bottles and the 580...

ilangai
February 11th, 2013, 01:21 PM
At the moment:

1. Stipula Vedo (M) Puritan Blue body
2. Kaweco ART Sport (BB) Amber
3. Edison Hudson (F) Emerald

I'm sure the list will grow, like it always does..

Bogon07
March 5th, 2013, 02:10 AM
Wish list.
Lamy Al-Star - Pearl 2013

Visconti Wallstreet - Blue(crossed off), Green, Red or Silver. I think i like the style better than the Manhattan.

Pelikan M101N Lizard
White M205

Monteverde Prima Fountain Pen - strangely attracted to the swirly ones. With a stub nib - Green -crossed off

Woohoo or Warhoo! a blue Wallstreet arrived on my front porch this afternoon. Not the LE version but the blue is so beautiful.
I was so happy with the deal that I ordered another pen off the list on the weekend and am hoping it will transit from Germany as quickly as this came from the US.

KrazyIvan
March 5th, 2013, 10:23 AM
Wow Bogon!

pajaro
March 5th, 2013, 12:56 PM
1. Sell most pens I have now.

2. Pelikan M800 and a few nibs.

3. An undefined vintage Conway-Stewart.

snedwos
March 17th, 2013, 06:25 AM
Pens I will eventually get:

Pilot VP - within 2 years, hopefully within one
Edison Hudson/Beaumont -- within the year
Sailor 1911 mid size with music nib.

Top priority once I get a chance to start saving:

Nakaya Naka-ai in Aka-tamenuri with a flexible oblique stub nib. And I will not be wanting one of these as a gift, I want to earn the money and buy it myself. It's my primary source of motivation.
Graf von Faber Castell Intuition Terracotta

Grail Pens:
Wahl Eversharp Doric Adjustable nib (pref. Kashmir or Cathay)
Mont Blanc Cervantes
Nakaya Ascending Dragon Desk Pen

Pens I have bought since I joined FPGeeks:

Pelikan M215 -- going to get the nib changed out tomorrow.
TWSBI 540 1.5 mm stub
Noodler's Ahab
TWSBI Mini
Noodler's Nib Creaper
Noodler's Rollerball -- this could be so good, but is so bad...
Sheaffer's Aussie TM Touchdown.

Grail Pens:
Wahl Eversharp Doric Adjustable nib (pref. Kashmir or Cathay)
Mont Blanc Cervantes
Nakaya Ascending Dragon Desk Pen

Also bought a Parker Vacumatic Debutante. Lovely!

Bogon07
April 21st, 2013, 12:43 AM
Wish list.
Lamy Al-Star - Pearl 2013 crossed off & Black
Lamy Safari - NeonYellow 2013 colour crossed off

Visconti Wallstreet - Blue crossed off
Green, Red or Silver. I think i like the style better than the Manhattan.
LE
Salvador Dali - Blue, brown or green

Pelikan M101N Lizard - crossed off
White M205

TWSBI Micarta - such a unique material...

SHEAFFER INTRIGUE WHALE SHARK 612 MATTE CHROME PATTERNED BLUE FOUNTAIN

Retro 51 Tornado FountainPen - Lava

I've certainly made a big dent in the list this year.
The only ones that I have a real hankering for are the Waterman Perspective & maybe WhaleShark or another Pelikan.

jor412
April 21st, 2013, 01:35 AM
1. Sell most pens I have now.

2. Pelikan M800 and a few nibs.

3. An undefined vintage Conway-Stewart.

Why sell most of the pens you have now? I've been doing this slowly but not to my satisfaction.

Pingo5
April 24th, 2013, 07:25 PM
1) a flex pen of some sort(havent decided yet)
2) pilot parallel
3) lamy safari or joy
4) pilot vanishing point(want it so bad)

dsolmei
April 24th, 2013, 10:27 PM
1 year -- Lamy 2000
2 years -- Aurora Optima or Vintage 88 nikargenta
5 - 10 years -- Waterman #7, pink nib

caleath
April 25th, 2013, 02:28 PM
1) pilot Vanishing point Matte black xf
2) Lamy 2000 xf
3) sheaffer Legacy w touchdown fill. Sterling silver f
4) Parker vacumatic not too picky on color f
5) sheaffer Imperial black and chrome finish f

That should do it, I hope to have at least 4 of the 5 by the end of the year.

fountainpenkid
April 25th, 2013, 07:14 PM
1 year -- Lamy 2000
2 years -- Aurora Optima or Vintage 88 nikargenta
5 - 10 years -- Waterman #7, pink nib

That could be my list as well, disregarding the time...

Lince
January 29th, 2014, 08:20 PM
OK so this is the 2014 Revised Edition.

2. Mikarta (for sure) got it 2012!
3. Vac700 (maybe), Click if it comes with a 1.1 CI. got the mini instead, will not get the vac
4. Delta Piston (before was the titanium, but I think in the 5 year time frame i will go for the piston (black/orange instead)
5. MB149 (only if I get it as a gift). (I really want it, will move to high) Got a 146 as a gift on 2013 and a Solti from my super Cuss!!
6. The OMAS 360 red posted here is (beautiful but too expensive.) no longer an option
7. fountainbel demo with orange caps (beautiful but too expensive). no longer an option
8. Parker Duofold Centenial Navy pinstipes (just made my list today we will see in 3 years ahead). Now I want the Akermann edition (it is red) but soooo expensive 600+Euro (maybe in the five year time. ) I will change it to a Vintage Duofold in the 5 year plan.
9. Century 3776 Platinum Blue Chartres Spencerian Mod got it 2013!! Perfect.
10. Aurora Optima (five year plan). 2014 Edit yes in plan.
11. Akerman Pump Pen got it 2013!! It is super cool to write/play with.
12. Vintage Pelikan 140, nice! Got it in 2013
13. Sailor Pro Gear Imperial Black, WOW nice pen got it in 2013
14. Scribe in Wizard Mist by Scriptorium Pens,got it 2014 Nice color!
15. Parker Duofold 5 Years
16. Faber Castel Ondoro Wood this year.
17. Nakaya Picolo Orange 3 Years
18. Edison Beaumont Stealth 1 year
19. Lamy Unic as soon as I see one.
20. Kaweco Al Sport Stone Wash, 1 year as soon as it gets out
21. Gibson 335, sorry wrong list

So far so good, lets see what 2014 is up to!

pengeezer
January 29th, 2014, 10:15 PM
Pens I'm considering in the far future:

--Nakaya Picolo Writer in Shobu with a ruthenium clip and nib;
possible zo-gan design on section...........

John

erpe
January 29th, 2014, 10:45 PM
My long term list with no specific duedates and in random order:
- Onoto Chuzzlewit
- Onoto Magnum Bluegold
- Parker Duofold 125 Mandarin
- Sailor 1911

while I'm saving up slowly for these, other lower budgeted pens will arrive:
- Onoto K4 when a good one appears for a reasonable prince on one of the auction sites
- Visconi Rembrandt
- KaWeCo AL-sport faded jeans (new model)
- KaWeCo Dia II
- Several Waterman Experts until I have collected all the colors ever made :)

Fawkes
January 30th, 2014, 11:32 AM
Montblanc 235 and 139, hopefully in about 2 to 3 years.

DrChumley
January 30th, 2014, 01:03 PM
I haven't been keeping a list, but this thread makes me think that I should. Here are some of the ones I'm pining for.

* Nakaya Decapod Twist
* Pelikan 805 (Blue with Silver)
* Pelikan 1000 (Green Striated)
* Visconti Opera Elements (Water/Blue)
* Visconti Wall Street (Blue)
* Waterman Ideal 7 w/ Pink nib (to match my ideal #7 with a red nib)
* Lamy 2000
* Sailor something. (I don't have any, but would like to try the higher-end pens.)
* A Custom Edison Pen (not sure which style) with a Binder flex nib
* Pilot Custom 823
* And I'd love to get the entire collection of Visconti Van Gogh pens in the presentation kit, but I just don't have $2,300 to blow on pens at the moment.

I'm sure there will be more over time, but these are the ones that really speak to me right now.

kaisnowbird
January 31st, 2014, 01:40 AM
On my list, in rough order of priority, are:

Waldmann Edelfeder Black
Lamy Al-Star 2014 colour (Blue Green), M nib
Namiki VP Urushi Raden Water Surface, M nib (OR Pilot Justus 95 barleycorn, F nib)
Namiki Falcon, black resin with rhodium trim, EF nib
Sailor 1911 Profit Demonstrator, Music nib
Sailor Chalana, EF nib (maybe)
A custom Edison, perhaps a Beaumont in Blue Black Swirl Ebonite, 2 nibs: 1.1 stub & EF
Visconti Rembrandt Blue, F nib
Franklin Christoph Model 02 Intrinsic in Emerald (OR Model 40 pocket pen), Masuyama M CI nib
TWSBI Vac Mini (2-3 months after its release, pending market feedback)
Diplomat Traveller (maybe)
Pelikan M600, F nib (not high priority, but it's gonna happen at some point)
Conklin Endura (modern), Green Black, F nib
Pilot Custom 74 Demonstrator (maybe)
Platinum Balance Cool (when I'm bored but don't want to splurge)
Delta Dolcevita Oro medium (probably not gonna happen, unless come across a bargain)
S. T. Dupont (not too big, not too feminine and not too expensive)
CdA Ecridor Maya silver version, F/M nib (discontinued, getting rare and not often seen at a good price)
Parker 51 - Nassau Green (I'm extremely patient with this one!)
Aurora Optima Demonstrator (I really like it, but too expensive for me.)

Surprisingly, I don't have Nakaya on the list. I guess I need to see one in person first.

bluefeathers
February 2nd, 2014, 05:37 PM
This is fun, not that I need another pen list, but...Here are the ones I see as 'staples' on my wish list a few years out, if I could get as many
as I liked, and money was no option. Likely candidates for the picking, in no particular order:

*Visconti Wall Street - Green
*Visconti Homo Sapiens Midi (if it's not too big)
*Pelikan M405 blue
*Pelikan Piccadilly Circus
*Pelikan 600 Green o'Green (but want to see it in person first)...anyone see a trend?!
*Pelikan M400 Green - FP and RB
*Pelikan 400 collection in all the major colors:
-Gray, Sea Green, Green, Brown tortoise; so far I have black
*Conway Stewart Marlborough
*Parker Duofold Jr. -- in jade green/blue/or red
*Nakaya Portable writer Midori w/ clip
*Montblanc 146 vintage
*Montblanc 146 new-ish
*Montblanc Starwalker -like all of them
*Faber-Castell Guilloche Indigo (Fp/RB) - I've wanted this pen for 8 years, surprised I haven't gotten it yet
*Caran d'ache Leman bicolor - red, saffron, blue?
forgot to add: safety pen (high priority)
*Waterman night and day

Spikey Mike
February 3rd, 2014, 11:06 AM
Parker 25 Orange Trim

Parker 45 Lady Pen Brocade - Got It
Parker 45 TX Black Argentina - Got It
Parker 45 Harlequin Black Shield - Got It

Parker T1

That will do for now ...

zchen
February 4th, 2014, 08:37 PM
Sheaffer PFM II
Pilot Custom 823
Pilot Heritage 912
Pilot Heritage 92
Montblanc 146
Pelikan M600 or M400 White Tortoise
Wing Sung 101
100 Hero (not Hero 100)

fountainpenkid
February 4th, 2014, 09:15 PM
This Year:
Mont Blanc 142 (if nothing else!)
Vintage Aurora 88

Next Year:
OMAS Dama
Sheaffer Snorkel Mandarin

2 Years:
Soennecken 111 Superior (I think it will be a graduation gift to myself ;))

3 Years: ??

In 2013 I got a TWSBI Mini and an Aurora 98, the successor to the 88, 88k and 88p. I guess I just didn't try hard enough to get a 142.

Here is my revised list:

This Year:
So far:
Parker Vacumatic Standard in Black Stripe
Mont Blanc 142
Parker Vacumatic Standard in Burgundy

Next Year:
Soennecken 111 Superior and that is all. (It would be a miracle if I found one for under $500)

Lince
February 23rd, 2014, 09:21 AM
OK so this is the 2014 Revised Edition.

5. MB149 (only if I get it as a gift). (I really want it, will move to high) Got a 146 as a gift on 2013 and a Solti from my super Cuss!!
8. Parker Duofold Centenial Navy pinstipes (just made my list today we will see in 3 years ahead). Now I want the Akermann edition (it is red) but soooo expensive 600+Euro (maybe in the five year time. ) I will change it to a Vintage Duofold in the 5 year plan.
16. Faber Castel Ondoro Wood this year.

I wanted two new pens and was hesitant they where not on the list. But to my surprise they were! Number 16 and 18.
So I guess I now have clearance to proceed.
The bad thing is now I want a 4Xf flex 14K nib "artist" from binder, but it is soo expensive. Any one has this one.

Lince
March 24th, 2014, 12:45 PM
[QUOTE=Lince;63894]OK so this is the 2014 Revised Edition.

16. Faber Castel Ondoro Wood this year. YES the first from this year and two more to go.

OK rearranged the list for easier follow up.
So the update is that the Ondoro can be strike out!
Like this pen very much, and sure is a eye catcher in the office.

Some pics to complement.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7348/13385433955_0baa94c1e5_b.jpg (https://www.flickr.com/photos/57446084@N02/13385433955/)
Ondoro (https://www.flickr.com/photos/57446084@N02/13385433955/) por fipi2000 (https://www.flickr.com/people/57446084@N02/), en Flickr

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7046/13385749354_f30db1f05f_b.jpg (https://www.flickr.com/photos/57446084@N02/13385749354/)
Ondoro (https://www.flickr.com/photos/57446084@N02/13385749354/) por fipi2000 (https://www.flickr.com/people/57446084@N02/), en Flickr

Lince
March 31st, 2014, 09:53 PM
[QUOTE=Lince;68201][QUOTE=Lince;63894]OK so this is the 2014 Revised Edition.

16. Faber Castel Ondoro Wood this year. YES the first from this year 2014 and two more to go.
18. Edison Beaumont Stealth 1 year Yes the second from this year 2014

More more to strike out the Edison Stealth. It is a nice pen, very classic looking. One more pen to go this year and then to the heavy duty one$$$.

Here are some pictures of the stealth

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7137/13551733605_c564d3c4a9_o.jpg (https://www.flickr.com/photos/57446084@N02/13551733605/)
Edison Stealth LE 2013 (https://www.flickr.com/photos/57446084@N02/13551733605/) por fipi2000 (https://www.flickr.com/people/57446084@N02/), en Flickr

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7296/13552060344_f43bbb484a_b.jpg (https://www.flickr.com/photos/57446084@N02/13552060344/)
Edison Stealth LE 2013 (https://www.flickr.com/photos/57446084@N02/13552060344/) por fipi2000 (https://www.flickr.com/people/57446084@N02/), en Flickr

Apprenti
April 1st, 2014, 11:47 AM
My list as of 01/04/14 (that's the English way round):

1) Another Nakaya: Heki-Tamenuri Desk pen with Spencerian nib (yes, another spencerian) except this one will be slightly less fine for more 'normal' writing. Quite happy with my current one for a couple of lifetimes though.
2) Sailor Pro Gear II Slim (Probably within a couple of years).
3) A vintage Waterman flex. I actually have a nib now, and I'm going to try it in my cheapo Creaper. Would like a 'nice' Waterman though, something fully original. Again, I think I'll be more than happy with this one.
4) Another Unique Oblique, love mine. When I'm better at Spencerian.
5) Parker 45 (within a few years).
6) Montblanc or Conway Stewart anything. I like the smaller ones, want something posh and executive for a nice writing experience. Will probably never get one though. Oh well :(

Cool thread, I'm more than happy with my current pens for now though :)

Joe

Lince
April 21st, 2014, 10:05 PM
[QUOTE=Lince;73327][QUOTE=Lince;72361][QUOTE=Lince;68201][QUOTE=Lince;63894]OK so this is the 2014 Revised Edition.

16. Faber Castel Ondoro Wood this year. YES the first from this year 2014 and two more to go.
20. Kaweco Al Sport Stone Wash, 1 year as soon as it gets out 3 out of 3 way to go 2014

Time to update the list. The third of the one year pens for 2014 is done, strikeout, the Kaweco AL Sport Stonewash.
Love the feel of the pen and the look.
So as I see the list there are no more pens for 2014 :), guess I just have to start working on the 3 year plan.

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5214/13964493275_d949e516a1_b.jpg (https://www.flickr.com/photos/57446084@N02/13964493275/)
Kaweco Al Sport stone washed fountain pen (https://www.flickr.com/photos/57446084@N02/13964493275/) por fipi2000 (https://www.flickr.com/people/57446084@N02/), en Flickr

RuiFromUK
April 22nd, 2014, 05:29 AM
Mont Blanc Meisterstueck 100 years anniversary fountain penc with a O3B nib if they still make them 10 years from now.

kaisnowbird
April 23rd, 2014, 07:44 AM
Mont Blanc Meisterstueck 100 years anniversary fountain penc with a O3B nib if they still make them 10 years from now.

Let's hope they do.

zchen
May 3rd, 2014, 01:17 AM
Sheaffer PFM II
Pilot Custom 823
Pilot Heritage 912
Pilot Heritage 92
Montblanc 146
Pelikan M600 or M400 White Tortoise
Wing Sung 101
100 Hero (not Hero 100)

Acquired a 146 (Late 70s split ebonite feed)
Eliminated the PFM II(due to acquiring more snorkels and imperials), Custom 823/Heritage 92 (lost interest) and White Tortoises (due to acquiring a NOS 80s M400 brown tortoise) from want list for now.

Paul-H
May 3rd, 2014, 04:08 AM
Hi

My list is quite fluid but would like to get the following

Sheaffer PFM 3
Sheaffer Imperial 4
Sheaffer Oversize Flat Top
Montblanc 1912
Parker Duofold from the 1929's
Parker vacumatic in Blue
Parker 61 Capillary with arrow still in place ;)
Conway Stewart 85L
Waterman 52
Sailor 1911 or Pro Gear with Piston Filler
Onoto Magna Vac filler version

There will be others as time goes by but that are on my want list at the moment. ;)

Paul

Lince
June 4th, 2015, 09:30 PM
The original list started in 2012 so it is 3 years now, and it is getting its momentum.
2015 Update

20. Kaweco Al Sport Stone Wash, 1 year as soon as it gets out 3 out of 3 way to go 2014

21. Gibson 335, sorry wrong list Got it!!! 2014

Since February up until today June I have being on a hiatus. But the second half of 2015 is coming strong.

19. Lamy Unic if I see one, no hurry.
4. Delta Piston (before was the titanium, but I think in the 5 3 year time frame i will go for the piston (black/orange instead)
10. Aurora Optima 3 years
15. Parker Duofold 2 Years
17. Nakaya Portable Orange This year!
5. MB 149 again on the list This Year!
22. Namiki VP Green old style This year!
23. KOP 1 Year
24. Pilot 823 Amber 1 Year

The list is getting shorter but refined.
I will keep you updated, please report yours.

top pen
June 5th, 2015, 04:05 AM
Modern (what's left);
Number 1. may come in the next year however I've been putting a break from the hobby for a while so the rest maybe a few years away.

1. Diplomat Balance B Black A really cool pen

The 3 sort of flagship pens from my 3 favourite brands to finish off my modern German and Parker pen collection (will take me to 14 modern pens 6 Parkers, 3 Diplomat's, 2 Pelikans, 2 rotring and 1 Faber Castell)

2. Diplomat Excellence A Venezia 14k nib my Excellence A is my favourite pen, would be nice to own a gold nibbed one
3. Parker Duofold Checkered Amber (3 to 4 years) been wanting one for the last 7 years
4. Pelikan M1000 Green would be a cool pen to have

Vintage (some time after I'm done with modern pens however this list is far from set in stone and I imagine it will evolve with time) ;

1. Parker 25
2. Parker 45
3. Parker 51
4. Parker 61 Vista blue
5. Parker 75
6. Parker 180
7. Parker Vacumatic
8. Vintage Pelikan M400
9. Waterman Man 100
10. Waterman 52
11. Sheaffer PFM
12. Sheaffer Targa
13. Montblanc Generation
14. A vintage Diplomat of some description

That's will take me to 28 pens however this is a long term plan

Kaputnik
June 5th, 2015, 05:17 PM
I hadn't posted in this thread before? I could have sworn...oh well.

Since these are vintage, and since even with all the patience in the world, there's no guarantee that you will find something, or find it at a price that you'd pay, I won't say that I definitely will get these, but I'll try.

Pilot Myu. These are actually easy to find, but the catch is that I won't pay the prices they go for on eBay. I'm waiting for that unexpected yard sale find.
The elusive "wet noodle" degree of flex in a fountain pen, not a dip pen. Could be a Waterman 52 perhaps, could be something else. But I'll have to see it in person, first. I'm done taking chances with online purchases, where every flex nib is optimistically described as the proverbial moist pasta. Of course, once I have one, I'll may find that I don't enjoy all that much, and it will take some practice, anyway.
A good English Mabie Todd Swan. I already have a good American one.
I can actually cross Pelikan 140 off the list, sort of. I got one, but it turns out that it can use a little work, and right now it's safely in the work queue of a recommended restorer who has a backlog of a couple of months.

cambookpro
June 7th, 2015, 09:40 AM
Just found this thread.

There are quite a few pens I'd like, no idea when they will become realistic though. Narrowed it down to 10, though in all honesty can't think of any more I'd like apart from these.

1. Lamy 2000 - hopefully soon, should be achievable
2. Montblanc 149 - may be waiting a while, but maybe one day.
3. Parker 180 - no idea how common these are, but I love the nib design.
4. Visconti Homo Sapiens - again, this isn't even remotely in my near future, but it looks so wonderful!
5. Parker 51 - I'd like a really nicely restored one in teal and one in Rage Red, but for now my black one serves me well enough.
6. Parker Vacumatic - may be realistic, depends if I can find one at a reasonable price.
7. Lamy Dialog 3 - I love the design and mechanism of this pen, but I think if I were to get a retractable one I'd settle for a VP/Capless, probably in the metallic green finish.
8. TWSBI Vac Mini - might have a slim chance of buying one by 2025?
9. Sheaffer Snorkel - not sure why I haven't bought one yet.
10. Montblanc Meisterstück 90 Years Skeleton - if we're really dreaming...

(I got to the end of the list and realised I'd love one more...)

11. A Conid Bulkfiller

Why does everyone like Nakaya pens so much? Is it just because they're expensive and handmade? Never really understood the massive attraction people have to these. They're not particularly pretty - are they just extraordinary to write with?

fountainpenkid
June 7th, 2015, 10:48 AM

I can't believe how well I unknowingly followed through with this! I have since purchased 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 9! I currently have 3, 4, 6, and 9.

My 2015 list is:
2. Conklin Nozac ("")
3. vintage Aurora Optima (maybe in a year or two)
4. Soennecken 111 or 222 ("")
5. Parker Vacumatic Oversize ("")
6. Parker Duofold
...but most of all, a Conid Bulkfiller Minimalistica.

Hawk
June 7th, 2015, 04:20 PM
The pens I will eventually get, are the pens I will buy in 1, 2, 5 years. So far I can't predict the future and I haven't been able to read my own mind. Maybe I can narrow it down to vintage.

Lince
June 18th, 2015, 08:14 PM
The original list started in 2012 so it is 3 years now, and it is getting its momentum.
2015 Update

Since February up until today June I have being on a hiatus. But the second half of 2015 is coming strong.

4. Delta Piston (before was the titanium, but I think in the 5 3 year time frame i will go for the piston (black/orange instead)
5. MB 149 again on the list This Year!
22. Namiki VP Green old style This year!
23. KOP 1 Year

The list is getting shorter but refined.

1 st for this year
22. Namiki VP Green old style This year! You can cross that one off. It is a great pen, and very practical.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/365/18747176999_4345708bc3_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/uyCbzD)Namiki Capless (https://flic.kr/p/uyCbzD) by fipi2000 (https://www.flickr.com/photos/57446084@N02/), en Flickr

The color is the best!

fqgouvea
June 19th, 2015, 04:49 PM
I'm going to buy a modern Wahl-Eversharp, this year if I can manage it. Longer horizon, my wife and I will go to Bologna and buy an Omas at the factory. (Of course, I don't even know if they have a store...)

Even longer-term: a Doric with an adjustable nib, a Sailor King of Pen, a really slim pen for my wife.

Fernando Gouvêa -- fqgouvea@roadrunner.com

Lince
June 22nd, 2015, 09:11 PM
I'm going to buy a modern Wahl-Eversharp, this year if I can manage it. Longer horizon, my wife and I will go to Bologna and buy an Omas at the factory. (Of course, I don't even know if they have a store...)

Even longer-term: a Doric with an adjustable nib, a Sailor King of Pen, a really slim pen for my wife.

Fernando Gouvêa -- fqgouvea@roadrunner.com

You got it figured out! Hope you get to Omas factory.

Lince
June 23rd, 2015, 08:40 PM
[QUOTE=Lince;132794]The original list started in 2012 so it is 3 years now, and it is getting its momentum.
2015 Update

Since February 2014 up until today June I have being on a hiatus. But the second half of 2015 is coming strong.

22. Namiki VP Green old style This year! June 2015

5. MB 149 again on the list This Year! June 2015, Yes!!! 2/3 from 2015 plan. This pen is incredible!

23. KOP 1 Year

The 149 was the latest addition to the family. And the long term plan is working very well. One more pen for 2015 and two for 2016. Good good!

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/443/19102541725_056204c4ef_h.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/v72w8F)MB149 (https://flic.kr/p/v72w8F) by fipi2000 (https://www.flickr.com/photos/57446084@N02/), en Flickr

https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3836/18912648340_d1f0bbdd94_h.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/uPfgrN)MB140 (https://flic.kr/p/uPfgrN) by fipi2000 (https://www.flickr.com/photos/57446084@N02/), en Flickr

Greypix
March 7th, 2016, 07:28 AM
Now if Conid were to release a 'baby' Giraffe (4ml capacity), a Giraffe Calf, I would be sorely tempted to come back out of self imposed purchasing retirement.

DASEFnib
March 8th, 2016, 02:44 AM
M800 Burnt Orange with EF nib
M800 Grand Place with EF nib
Both will be mine....
Either in my NEXT life....or if I hit the Lottery....!!!:wink:

Always try to get the dibs....on fountain pens with EF nibs!!

bluefeathers
March 8th, 2016, 08:56 AM
This is fun, not that I need another pen list, but...Here are the ones I see as 'staples' on my wish list a few years out, if I could get as many
as I liked, and money was no option. Likely candidates for the picking, in no particular order:

*Visconti Wall Street - Green [not on list anymore]
*Visconti Homo Sapiens Midi (if it's not too big) --it's too big
*Pelikan M405 blue --> M605 blue
*Pelikan Piccadilly circus - got rollerball
*Pelikan 600 Green o'Green (but want to see it in person first)...anyone see a trend?! -got this, then sold (may have been a mistake to sell)
*Pelikan M400 Green - FP and RB
*Pelikan 400 collection in all the major colors:
-Gray, Sea Green, Green, Brown tortoise; so far I have black -added grey and brown tortoise
*Conway Stewart Marlborough yes
*Parker Duofold Jr. -- in jade green/blue/or red not yet!
*Nakaya Portable writer Midori w/ clip probably not
*Montblanc 146 vintage
*Montblanc 146 new-ish not yet
*Montblanc Starwalker -like all of them -yes
*Faber-Castell Guilloche Indigo (Fp/RB) - I've wanted this pen for 8 years, surprised I haven't gotten it yet - got Faber-Castell Classic
*Caran d'ache Leman bicolor - red, saffron, blue? got and sold
forgot to add: safety pen (high priority)
*Waterman night and day

Here's how I've fared (above). Added more Pelikan M600s to my list since then.

Lince
October 17th, 2016, 05:46 PM
The original list started in 2012 so it is 3 4 years now, and it is getting its momentum.
2016 Update

Since February 2014 up until today June I have being on a hiatus. But the second half of 2015 is coming strong.

22. Namiki VP Green old style This year! June 2015
5. MB 149 again on the list This Year! June 2015, Yes!!! 2/3 from 2015 plan. This pen is incredible!

17. Nakaya Portable Orange This year! Jan 2016
10. Aurora Optima 3 years Oct 2016 Love IT, thought it would take 3 years but only took 1. Oct 2016
24. Pilot 823 Amber 1 Year Jul 2016

4. Delta Piston (before was the titanium, but I think in the 5 3 1 year time frame i will go for the piston (black/orange instead)
23. KOP 1 Year

So, few pens left in the list.
I sold some and am building the savings to buy the KOP. I is near! The 2016 purchases have being great pens and love them all!