PDA

View Full Version : Red Mottled Good Service OS fountain pen. Excellent ++!!!

talkinghead
September 29th, 2013, 02:05 PM
Hi All,

For sale is this circa 1920s, Oversize GOOD SERVICE flat-top fountain pen in excellent, excellent++ condition, featuring a hard-to-find Deluxe 4-band cap! This is a large, FAT pen, measuring (137mm) capped! Outstanding and colorful Red & Black – celluloid plastic case, beautifully glossy cap and barrel, elegant gold filled accents. A really nice and collectible pen! No chips, cracks, bite marks, monograms or personalized surface marks found even under intense examination, surface area is smooth, very glossy (photos may show some lin from the buffing cloth)! Pocket clip has a decorative laurel or vine design. There is some brassing of the cap rings, but only most noticeable under a loupe. Barrel impression reads: GOOD SERVIC CO – SR – CHICAGO, ILL. Nice, large nib is 14K solid gold, and engraved: WARRANTED - 14K - 8. Excellent solid 14K gold, Medium nib,semi-flexible, with tines aligned and excellent tipping material. Pen's fill system recently restored and this pen is in excellent working condition! Lever-fill system has a recently replaced ink sac, and flushed and tested for leaks. Feed system has been cleaned and serviced. It will arrive ready for your favorite ink!! A better example would be hard to find! Certainly gift and/or collector quality!

Asking $200

First PM or email reply that reads "I'll take the Good Service" holds it pending PayPal payment within 24 hours. Negotiations and information requests do not hold a pen.

I can only check PM's/email intermittently during the day. Do not be concerned if I don't respond right away, I will eventually!

Price includes Priority Mail , CONUS shipping.

I prefer to sell and ship to CONUS but will ship International.
Please note for International buyers:
I ship International via PRIORITY MAIL INTERNATIONAL SMALL FLAT RATE BOX. MAY BE FASTER BUT NOT TRACKABLE. Cost is $5 to Mexico/Canada and $7 to the rest of the globe. Buyer assumes responsibility for lost package. Sorry, but this is just easier for me as I can print label from home and not have to deal with customs forms etc. and make a trip to the post office.

ALSO: I am not responsible for any added tariffs/taxes/duties charged by your astute Customs offices.

All pens are in working condition unless otherwise stated. No quibble return, full refund, if you don't like it just return it on your dime!

Paypal only please

Oh, and my items are for sale on multiple pen boards.

Rick