PDA

View Full Version : How do I delete messages in my inbox?

talkinghead
September 29th, 2013, 03:14 PM
Have searched this whole site, looked at all my settings etc.....for the life of me I can't figure out how to delete messages from my pm inbox.

I'm pretty computer savvy, so what am I missing??

Thanks in advance for any help.

Rick

Jeph
September 29th, 2013, 03:36 PM
Hmm, I could only figure out how to delete stuff from sent folder.
I can't figure out how to move messages to a folder either.
I am sure it is something simple...

MisterBoll
September 29th, 2013, 04:38 PM
Under "My Messages" there is "Edit Folders".

earthdawn
September 29th, 2013, 05:00 PM
Something is wrong..

If you click your "sent" meassages it shows the little check boxes to choose what to delete..

The "in" box is missing that option

Might be an admin setting that needs to be checked.

KrazyIvan
September 29th, 2013, 05:07 PM
That's the way the new system works. Even if you delete them, they remain.

dannzeman
September 29th, 2013, 05:14 PM
Rick, dont worry, it's not you. We installed a plugin for threaded PMs which has removed the ability to delete individual PMs or individual threads. Your only option is to delete your entire inbox. But, you don't have to since there's no limit on the number of messages you can have in your inbox, even though the counter at the bottom says XX of 100. <---- Apparently, that last sentence no longer applies. I'm guessing a board update changed that functionality. Sorry, everyone.

If you really want to delete them you can install the Tapatalk mobile client and delete individual messages there.

talkinghead
September 29th, 2013, 05:20 PM
Rick, dont worry, it's not you. We installed a plugin for threaded PMs which has removed the ability to delete individual PMs or individual threads. Your only option is to delete your entire inbox. But, you don't have to since there's no limit on the number of messages you can have in your inbox, even though the counter at the bottom says XX of 100.

If you really want to delete them you can install the Tapatalk mobile client and delete individual messages there.

Thanks Dan and thanks everyone for their input...is Tapatalk available for iOS? **edit...nevermind I guess I can just check in the App store, duh...

Rick

Mags
September 30th, 2013, 06:18 AM
It is available for iOS 6. It should work still Rick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

KrazyIvan
October 2nd, 2013, 11:49 AM
Just emptied my inbox last night and now I notice that all my messages are there but any response I had from others is gone. :( Makes the threaded PM box quite useless now.

Mesu
February 19th, 2014, 05:46 AM
Reached 96, couldn't locate the delete button and wondered what i was missing :noidea:

Nice to know that there is no limit on the messages in Inbox.

Sailor Kenshin
March 17th, 2014, 07:14 AM
But I just got an email warning me that since I am a Bad Sailor, my Inbox is full and I won't be allowed to get new messages.

Mesu
April 23rd, 2014, 03:00 PM
Reached 96, couldn't locate the delete button and wondered what i was missing :noidea:

Nice to know that there is no limit on the messages in Inbox.

The no limit feature isn't working. Any ideas on how to delete a few msgs and not empty the inbox?

Sailor Kenshin
April 23rd, 2014, 03:13 PM
I deleted my Sents and gained a few precious inches of space.

Mesu
April 24th, 2014, 07:38 AM

I copied what msgs i can and emptied the inbox. A guess what, the msgs still remain. Plus you get additional space of 100 msgs.

Give it a try but only after you have copied what you want to save.

Sailor Kenshin
April 24th, 2014, 08:08 AM
I'll give it a shot! Thanks.

alc3261
May 2nd, 2014, 11:45 AM

I copied what msgs i can and emptied the inbox. A guess what, the msgs still remain. Plus you get additional space of 100 msgs.

Give it a try but only after you have copied what you want to save.
How do you copy? Do you mean to your computer?

Jon Szanto
May 2nd, 2014, 12:04 PM
How do you copy? Do you mean to your computer?
If you look at the very bottom of the page of your Inbox, you'll see a place where it says:

Download all Private Messages as:
XML | CSV | Text

Each of those three links will save the msgs into a file on your computer. The first two would be useful if you wanted to view them with a browser or spreadsheet/database (import), and the last would be a large text file containing the main text of all the messages. This appears to be the only way to save your messages before deleting, there is no option for individual message saving. HTH

whych
July 23rd, 2014, 01:18 PM
The strange part is that when you delete them, they stay in the inbox, so what is the software doing?
Does it keep the thread going and delete the individual messages?

KBeezie
August 3rd, 2014, 02:09 PM
I saw this thread and I'm having the same issue:

- How do I delete messages/threads from my INBOX?
- How do I move messages/threads to new folders?

whych
August 3rd, 2014, 02:44 PM
When you use the 'Empty Folder' option at the bottom of your inbox, it deletes the messages, but you will still be able to read them.

KBeezie
August 3rd, 2014, 06:59 PM
When you use the 'Empty Folder' option at the bottom of your inbox, it deletes the messages, but you will still be able to read them.

That clears the limit bar, but doesn't help in regards to organization especially of the new folder option serves no purpose (still haven't figured out how to move PM to folders) like right now I'm trying to move PIF related threads to "packed" and "shipped" folders.

Zhivago
August 6th, 2014, 10:55 PM
Can you receive new messages (and reply to them) in threads you've 'deleted' in your inbox?

Chrissy
October 2nd, 2014, 03:46 AM
I noticed that I could only 'delete all messages', rather than delete individual messages. So for a while I didn't dare risk it. Then when I bit the bullet and pressed to delete all messages, it reset my total number of messages to zero, but I could still read those that I had deleted. I assumed that's how it works for everyone.

I also haven't tried moving or downloading them yet.

Sailor Kenshin
October 2nd, 2014, 07:57 AM
I still have a spam message on my profile with no idea what to do. Not a private message...the other kind.